Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

7 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Sorry for your loss kmt_sesh, my brother has that horrible disease and we are all fighting it with him. 

I lost my mom to Lung cancer these 25 years ago.  A life-long smoker, she was diagnosed in June of 92 and passed 10 months later.  She was a strong, independent person and faced her end bravely and with dignity.  I think that's the best any of us can hope for.  Condolences on the struggles your friend is enduring.  A good friend of my wife just began treatment for lung ca.  We're waiting with fingers crossed...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Sorry for your loss kmt_sesh, my brother has that horrible disease and we are all fighting it with him. 

My thoughts are with you and your family.  

• Like 1

RIP Sen. John McCain, military hero and POW during the Vietnam War, and the oldest US senator to date (died at age 81 last week), his funeral is held today. Also in my thoughts and prayers is Aretha Franklin, the queen of soul, at age 76 a week before him...and finally, Stefan Karl Stefanson, who played the villain Robbie Rotten in the 2000s kids show Lazy Town, at age 43, and he's remembered well by generation Z and his homeland Iceland. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, tcgram said:

I am sorry to hear of your friend's passing.  My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.  

Thanks, TC. I know you've been there. It's hard but it's part of life, and life can be hard. I was at the museum today. It's strange not to hear his commanding, strong voice anymore.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday my sparkly, beautiful, wonderful friend that was taken too soon.  This would have been your 50th birthday and we had often talked about how you were going to celebrate it in style.   I miss you every single day, my heart has an empty spot that no one else can fill.   I raise a glass in your memory tonight, until we meet again.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, tcgram said:

Happy Birthday my sparkly, beautiful, wonderful friend that was taken too soon.  This would have been your 50th birthday and we had often talked about how you were going to celebrate it in style.   I miss you every single day, my heart has an empty spot that no one else can fill.   I raise a glass in your memory tonight, until we meet again.   

She will always live in your heart.

• Like 2

The 9/11 remembrance memorial in Shanksville, PA which is 93 feet tall...we remember that horrible day 17 years ago there, in New York City (the twin towers of the World Trade center) and Washington DC (the Pentagon).

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heroes-of-flight-93-remembered-at-tower-of-voices-memorial-shanksville-pennsylvania/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, jmccr8 said:

Goodbye Mom

jmccr8 

So sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1

Remembering my cousin who passed exactly one year ago.   I cannot believe you've been gone a year already, it seems like only yesterday I was talking to you.  May you rest in peace, miss you.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Thanks Tcgram 

jmccr8 

I express the same, jmccr8. I lost my own mom in 2011. I think about her every day.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I express the same, jmccr8. I lost my own mom in 2011. I think about her every day.

Thanks Kmt_sesh 

As time passes and the older we get the list of who we miss gets bigger. All we can do is remember.

jmccr8 

Edited by jmccr8
Added to post
  • Sad 6

Today is my mom's birthday. She would've been 84. I think about her and miss her every day. Mom, Happy Birthday! You are loved, now and always.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Today is my mom's birthday. She would've been 84. I think about her and miss her every day. Mom, Happy Birthday! You are loved, now and always.

*Long distance hugs*   She lives on in your heart and your memories.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tcgram said:

*Long distance hugs*   She lives on in your heart and your memories.   

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

:wub:

Thanks. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TylerV said:

Tyler from Maryland here, been researching 3rd eye, any advice on how to open?

Not relevant to this thread, which is for memorializing departed loved ones.

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

As the holidays roll around, memories flood of the last times I spent with my best friend.   I have such an empty place in my heart with her absence.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, tcgram said:

As the holidays roll around, memories flood of the last times I spent with my best friend.   I have such an empty place in my heart with her absence.  

Let her fill your heart and celebrate each memory.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Let her fill your heart and celebrate each memory.

Thank you.   We were decorating for Christmas yesterday at work and it was somber for all of us.   

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today marks 2 years since I heard from you.  You had texted me to see how I was doing, as you often did.   I wish a thousand times over I would have called and talked to you.  I long to hear your voice, your laughter.   I long to hear about your family and the plans you had for Christmas.  I long to come into work and give you a hug and talk about our lives.   May you RIP and know that those of us left behind still miss you so very much.  

• Like 1