Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

St. Michael's apparition, earthquake linked

UM-Bot

news icon rThe ancient story of the Archangel Michael, whose legendary apparition influenced the cultural evolution and spread of Christianity throughout Europe, may be linked to earthquake activity in Southern Italy, according to a new study.

The study, published in a recent issue of the journal Tectonophysics, suggests that many early legends were rooted in natural phenomena, such as geological events.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Discovery Channel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dnb420

• ROGER

• primordial

• Incubus420

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I've never read the bood of Apocalypse. :P

Religion was invented to explain the unexplainable.

Well.... that can either proove that michael did create the Earthquake, and also proove that it was just a natural Earthquake. There's really nothing to lean towards any side. If we found no Earthquake at the time then THAT would disprove the entire idea.

Arrogance and stupidity was invented to account for non-believers.

Sorry, its the other way around.

Arrogance and stupidity was invented to account for believers.

There we go, religion was also invented to control the masses. Sad but true.

Sorry, its the other way around.

There we go, religion was also invented to control the masses. Sad but true.

wow, does this look like spirituality vs. skeptism forum to you? get out of here, what you're doing is like...

okay, we have people who are in organizations that say that tobbacco is bad. now, we have people who work for the tobbaco company. do you ever here of those protesters and organizations being invited or asked for their opinion or a debate during the company's board meetings? no.

i'm not trying to be rude but what you're doing is like practically going to church and while the priest is up on the podium reading from the bible you're at the entrance contradicting every single thing he says. now i am against church to a substantial extent too but i still respect it and everyone else's beliefs too. i have my own spiritual beliefs as well and so does everyone, but we can't go around parading them around in the street. OR ELSE LIFE ONE BE ONE NEVERENDING TRAFFIC JAM. damn it.

The phenomenon of light from sound has a basis in science. Sonoluminescence has been duplicated in labs , but only in small amounts. What the artical is saying is a person witnessing such a Natural occurrence , without modern scientific insight , will record the event as a supernatural or spiritual experience.

An act of GOD! Works for me! :tu:

Hmmm...I've never read the bood of Apocalypse. :P

Apocalypse 12:7 is Revelations. Come to think of it... the yr 2005 was almost portrayed from Revelations: like 100,000 ppl dieing in one day. I wonder how 2006 is going to be. :huh: