Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New UM servers up and running

Saru

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Yelekiah

• joc

• Bone_Collector

I don't know if this is related, but UM is running significantly slower at the moment, to what it normally does.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention :tu:

Regards, PA

edit: It's running at proper speed again! oh well :whistle:

Edited by Paranoid Android

There will always be short periods of slowness, at times the network itself is slower than at others, unfortunately it's impossible to have the site working at full speed 100% of the time.

Nonetheless I think there is a significant improvement now over the way it was on just a single server. :tu:

Yeah, it certainly works faster. Good work SaRuMaN! What about Quick edit- the option is no longer available?

Edited by Bone_Collector

It's fantastic, but the only problem I'm having are the emails, which sometimes come hours late or not at all. People were pming me and I usually don't sit at the computer the whole time, so now some think I'm ignoring them. :(

Let me guess, I'm the only one experiencing this problem...

Yeah, it certainly works faster. Good work SaRuMaN! What about Quick edit- the option is no longer available?

I've got quick edit working fine.....

What about Quick edit- the option is no longer available?

I'm not seeing anything wrong with Quick Edit either, what happens when you click on the option ? Do you get an error message ?

but the only problem I'm having are the emails, which sometimes come hours late or not at all.

I've tested the e-mail notification and haven't experienced a delay. Could your e-mail provider be responsible ? Try a different e-mail address and see if the problem persists.

Here's a though, do you have 'delayed notification' selected ?

Go into My Controls > View Forums or My Controls > View Topics

Underneath the subscribe posts/forums it will say 'Type'. This can be set to 'Delayed Notification' which waits until you are on the forum before sending the e-mail out.

If your subscribed topics/forums are set to that then that could explain the delay.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with Quick Edit either, what happens when you click on the option ? Do you get an error message ?

The quick edit option isn't available to me at all. When I click on the edit button it directly takes me to the full edit window.

Does the 'Fast Reply' button work for you ?

Yeah, it does. Does the quick edit option have any browser specific settings? I use Opera btw.

Edited by Bone_Collector

Not that i'm aware of, but you could try it in a different browser and see if it works for you in that. Perhaps the quick edit feature doesn't support Opera.

Quick edit works on IE, not on Opera though. Oh well, maybe I'll use another browser for UM.

Edited by Bone_Collector

I should have said this earlier but everything is working much faster than before over here in Ireland

Does the 'Fast Reply' button work for you ?

Perhaps it is just Mozilla but the 'fast reply' takes a bit of time to load both coming and going.

Edit: Actually I was refering to Quick Edit.

Test Quick Edit using IE: loaded faster. Exited faster. Must be Mozilla because the other screen using Mozilla is still showing my last quick edit loading.

Edited by joc

I've just tested both the Fast Reply and Quick Edit on both Firefox and IE and they both loaded up pretty much instantly. Sometimes when you submit the Quick Edit it can take a few seconds as it is the equivalent of submitting a new post, but on the whole it shouldn't take long.

The recent server move wouldn't have actually affected any of these features anyway, so any noticable differences to them are probably coincidental.