Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zombie Movies

BurnSide

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Shakezulah

• jpalz

• Neo2005

Thanks!

It's got amazing reviews. The pictures look promising, zombies are well done.

Wow i'm really pumped for this i can tell already it's gonna be one for the collection as soon as it hits DVD.

Yay for new zombie movies coming out!

ANother one i'm looking forward to is the sequel, 28 Weeks Later.

There's not much on the IMDB page yet, but you can pretty much guess how it's going to go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/

Edited by BurnSide

Meh. I could care less about that. I thought the first one sucked. I liked it when I first saw it, but I watched it again one time and could barely sit through the entitre thing.

the amount of zombie survival scenarios ive made is worrying!

I definately wouldnt recommend that Blood film, unless you want to watcha crappy zombie film :lol:

:o you got to level 34!!!!dude, i dont even know how to get up a level!!

lol you have to fight things to gain experience, and then buy new skills for either 75, 100 or 150 experience points. Search police stations and stuff for guns and weapons, etc. It's hard to get off the first few levels, but it gets much easier once you have a few skills.

Although granted, there's a very few people who have 34 levels. :)

I've made a few zombie survival senarios myself, i'm always prepared. All my friends know very well that, in the unlikely case of some kind of viral outbreak in which mindless people are trying to eat us, they wont be safer anywhere else than around me. :lol:

Although now i'm moving i have to revise my plans. grr.

I'm suprised Shake, i mean it's not a fantastic movie but it's got it's moments. I've alctually enjoyed it more the more i've watched it.

I just watched a few bits of Brain Dead, and it has lots and lots of gore :D. I'm gonna watch this movie tonight, but in a little while (I'm kinda tired after watching the DOOM movie- pretty good btw :tu:)

It just got to cinema for you down there?

It's hitting DVD up here shortly.

I wonder if it's in some way considered a zomb movie? I wouldn't really say so, more of a creature feature, but it does technically have zombies in it.

it just got to cinema... today! :P At least it made it, compared to other great movies like Shaun of the Dead that only appeared here in ONE crappy VHS with the title "Dawn of the Dead: The Comedy" :(

And no, DOOM wasn't for me a zombie movie :yes:

hahaha, oh man your movie collection is poor down there. I truely feel sorry for you mate.

Thank God there's Internet! :D

And fortunately there are some stores that sell (and rent) DVD's that otherwise wouldn't even be here.

But yeah, the movie collection is really really poor. There are more copies of "A Cinderella Story" than the Evil Dead trilogy together (that is, because there are NO copies of that trilogy) :no:

which night of the living dead movies had that one where the teenagers go to the cemetary to party or something and the guy works at a mortuary( i think) and theres the scary globby zombie in the basement, freaked me out :o

That would be the first one. It's a great movie.

That's Return of the Living Dead, part one. :)

Seeend, mooore, braaains.

Edited by BurnSide

That's Return of the Living Dead, part one. :)

Seeend, mooore, braaains.

thats creepy gosh i hate that still to this day lol

Thanks for the heads up coldethyl, i'll be sure to bypass that one. :lol:

Sounds just as good as 'The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies.' :lol:

OMG, that was on MST3K, wasn't it? I seem to remember that one....the name alone says it's a classic... :)

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a good American zombie movie (I know, kind of an oxymoron) is "Hide and Creep". It's kind of a comedy, but not as much as Shaun of the Dead was. It's about a bunch of rednecks in Alabama or something that get caught in the middle of a zombie plague, I recommend it :tu:.

EDIT: Another good zombie movie I just remembered was "Undead". It's extremely slow to get going, but once it does it's awesome! It's about aliens and zombies and stuff. It's from New Zealand (or Britain, I'm not sure).

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13

hahaha Undead was awwwwful. :P

It had it's moments i suppose.

Haven't heard of the other one, i'll look it up thanks!

hahaha Undead was awwwwful. :P

It had it's moments i suppose.

Haven't heard of the other one, i'll look it up thanks!

Really? I thought the whole aliens/zombie idea was pretty original. You are right about it, though. Some parts were kind of...ugh, like the zombie fish, but whatever.

--Jon

No...Undead sucked badly. I thought the plot, while I guess is original, played out very bad and made the movie even more stupid than it already was. Also, I think the score to the movie ruined it very much. The music was ridiculous and really took away from the atmosphere.

There is this zombie comedy that has been referred to as the Amercian response to Shaun of the Dead. It's called Dead and Breakfast. I haven't seen it yet, but my friend rented it and said it was very funny and gory. I still need to check that one out.

Ah yes. I have NO idea how it's supposed to be an American Shaun of the Dead, it's kinda stupid. It's full of massive gunfights and over-the-top gore and silliness, it's not anything close to Shaun of the Dead.

It is alright though. I guess.

No...Undead sucked badly. I thought the plot, while I guess is original, played out very bad and made the movie even more stupid than it already was. Also, I think the score to the movie ruined it very much. The music was ridiculous and really took away from the atmosphere.

There is this zombie comedy that has been referred to as the Amercian response to Shaun of the Dead. It's called Dead and Breakfast. I haven't seen it yet, but my friend rented it and said it was very funny and gory. I still need to check that one out.

I heard Dead and Breakfast sucked hardcore. My sister saw it. I can't say, though.

--Jon

You are right about it, though. Some parts were kind of...ugh, like the zombie fish, but whatever.

Haha, that was an awesome part :P I was laughing my head off ^_^

That film was actually set in my area.

Watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead last night. Of course i've seen it before, but i think it's awesome.

I especially like how the gender roles are crossed from the original. In the original it was of course Ben who was the strong one and Barbara, the woman, did exactly what a woman in those days was thought to do; sit around and cry and be generally weak and unhelpful. But in the remake, Ben is the one that nearly falls apart and Barbara is very strong and ends up being the only survivor.

An interesting observation on your times.

You know what? I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Night remake. If I did, I don't remember it at all. Is it something really worth checking out?

Oh yeah, totally. It's a huge improvement over the first one, and a very true classic zombie movie.

Not, however, action packed or anything like that.