Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Newby Church Ghost

Althalus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• GIZZIE

• Magikman

• Loonboy

Guest *~*AsHlEy*~*
unsure.gif now this one just gives me the creeps i mena this thing looks like the grimripper so i do believe this one is real becuz i have had alot of experiences w. figurey things wacko.gif

i have had alot of experiences w. figurey things wacko.gif

ohmy.gifohmy.gifhuh.gifmathematicians? rolleyes.giftongue.gif

* - This 'grimripper' fellow you speak of, he wouldn't be related to Freddy Kruger, is he?

This is a great picture, yet it does look like that guy from a movie ive seen. but then he could be a monk, i like monks but this one looks freaky. unsure.gif

The skull face shape is a little, I dunno, obvious don't you think? It seems a little too hokey to me. But then again....

i think personally the ghost isnt real it looks to much like the killer out of scream , u no it looks like a costume u could buy from a fancy dress shop huh.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
I've seen this one before, I don't think its a ghost. But I think its what a ghost photo should look like.

I like it.

stretch.gif

ph34r.gif i am a stealthy ninja!

Something about this photo just doesn't sit right with me, I'm gunna have to say that it think it is fake.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it was customary to bury monks with shrouds? If so, why would there be eye-holes in them? If it wasn't for the white shroud I would consider the possibility.

• 7 months later...

I don't care what you guys think disgust.gif I think that this is a real ghost. I mean it looks so sad sad.gif;

I do believe it does look like a monk and some ghosts grab your attention by means of putting themselves on pictures.

Happy Holidays

This is my favourite ghost photgraph of all time, and the one I think is the exception to the rule, that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

It has actually passed tests by Kodaks labs, and was considered genuine by arch-sceptic Arthur C Clarke.

Personally, I don't think it's a monk, either. More a leper, or a badly-deformed person. Ayone ever see `The Elephant Man'? He wore the same hood. I've also read somewhere that the figure is estimated at 8 to 9 feet tall. Hardly a `standard monk', figure.

Iv seen this picrure many times before and have it saved on my comp for a topic i was gonna post a while back on it,but couldnt upload the file.I read a book called The Afterlife which had the picture in it.It said that the picture had been scanned for possible hoax's and none were found,it seemed to show a real ghost.I cant remeber who the book is written by,but its by two people.

More a leper, or a badly-deformed person. 

Yeah, I agree. I thought 'leper'. Lepers were allowed to attend services where churches had something called (I think) a squint, to separate them from the congregation.

Maybe some older churches have remnants of their pagan predecessors or certain spirits attatched to them or their graveyards to watch over the 'inhabitants'. Could be something like the Welsh Angelystor too. w00t.gif

I love the people who say stuff like "looks like the mask in the movie SCREAM, he-he, it can't be real! he-he-he!".

If the pictures that old, and so many of you have seen it sooooo many times, and professionals can't determine it to be a fake... and even if it were a fake, made in the 60's, before most of you even existed, I still have to salute the guy that decided to make a horror movie and researched some old ghost photos from some book somewhere first. If he did use the mentioned pic as a muster for his mask in the movie, then I'm quite sure he is the one going "he-he-he!!!" right now with his fat bank account! laugh.gif

Anyone know how many of those masks sold? ohmy.gif

• 8 months later...
Iv seen this picrure many times before and have it saved on my comp for a topic i was gonna post a while back on it,but couldnt upload the file.I read a book called The Afterlife which had the picture in it.It said that the picture had been scanned for possible hoax's and none were found,it seemed to show a real ghost.I cant remeber who the book is written by,but its by two people.

104033[/snapback]

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum having justed joined today. I know the last topic was written nearly nine months ago, but the book you are referring to is: The Afterlife, An Investigation into the Mysteries of Life after Death, by Jenny Randles and Peter Hough. Piatkus Books 1993. ISBN number: ISBN 0749912960, priced £10.99 Paperback or £15.53 Hardback.

Bugsbunny. thumbsup.giftongue.gifwhistling2.gif

It always reminded me of the Grim Reaper. And is it near a funeral casket thing or something?

Haha, that was i was thinking, it looks like the monster from scream lol... but its interesting, it might be true!

• 8 months later...

For the record, the mask in the movie 'Scream' is based on the painting "Scream" by Edvard Munch. Wes Craven has stated this several times. The design of this character had nothing to do with the photo of The Newby Ghost.