Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tyrannosaurus rex, hunter or not?

SG7

I think that the Tyrannosaurus rex (T-rex) was a bit of both. But more of a scavenger. I only think that it hunted whine it was young or its pray was old or sick.

What do you think? B)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien_child

• frogfish

• SG7

• DigitalDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no hunter that never scavenges and there in no scavenger that will never hunt for its food, every carnivore is a bit of both .... so T-Rex like all other carnivores would hunt if needed or scavenge for its food if it was laying about.

^Exactly...hunters are OPPORTUNISTIC feeders...It very unlikely that an animal with that power, and teeth made for slicing meat, not crushing bone would scavenge more...They are more predators than scavengers, and there is a lot of proof to prove that.

Plus, Jack Horner is known for his publicity stunts...I wouldn't trust him.

• 1 year later...

You act like jack horner knows evrything,He not all knowing and i know that the t-rex was a hunter.

i think that t-rex as a younger animal would hunt for the majority of its food until it got fully grown then i think although still completly capable of hunting it would just rather chase off other smaller carnivores who made kills instead of risking getting hurt trying to bring down large prey this way sexualy mature adults could get there food not risk getting hurt by brining down large prey and be in tip top shape for breeding i mean look at male liopns they start of hunting when there younger and as they grow they find easier ways to get there food so they can keep themselves in good condition for femals and fighting off rivals and dispite popular belife male lions are ompletly capable of hunting there manes dont hinder them and in cases of brining down large prey like buffalo males usualy come to help