Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

indigo children----believe or not?

reality-is-only-a-state-of-being

why exactly does everyone not believe in indigos?

then those that do believe treat indigos like we are freaks?

i dont get it?

why do you think that this is some thing that the internet made up? (i read that somehwere)

what the flip?

i dont get it?

:wacko:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tornado

• Mind_Freak

• taustin

• NoTC

Top Posters In This Topic

so yeah thats all i have to ask really. i mean we aren't weird. heck im one! no im not bragging but it bugs the crap out of me how i have to prove myself to the world so that i am actually beable to be accepted. but nooo....everone just has to call me a freak and taht i am just trying to get atention!

Wat the flip is wrong with this world where we cant accept anything that we arent comfortable with?

i dont get it :no:

Edited by reality-is-only-a-state-of-being

The term "indigo child" came from a psychic by the name of Nancy Tappe, who believes your personality depends on the color or hue of your aura.

I could be completely wrong here and you may get a big reply, but my guess is you may not seeing as this may be posted in the wrong section.

And it is not that I do not believe in Indigo Children, I just do not believe we are preordained to any personality type or destiny by our auras. I believe we determine ourselves who we are in life.

i understand and i agree that we are not preordianed or can pre-determine our life because of our auras. i do believe that we choose who we are and what abilities and talents we alow into our lives.

im saying that i dont understand why are indigos not excepted? thats the basic question flitered through all my babbling. :lol:

i dont get it?

why do you think that this is some thing that the internet made up? (i read that somehwere)

what the flip?

i dont get it?

Well it reads like a fairy tale. Sounds like some parents who want to think there kids are special. No sale. :no:

i dont get it?

what the flip?

i dont get it?

Its a perspective as is any construct, certain specific abilitys are needed to qualify. i would understand it under that filter, I don't beleive in dietys but many do and to them it is very real, I would think that most would feel the same about ingigo children. On a personal note its not possible to be pre determined things, purpose mapped out, because the meaning that any ones life has is given by the person as he/she lives their life. Whether its conditioned or what not you decide what things mean to you, many find great comfort as has been conditioned to define themselves by particular groups, fitting in per say, I say go ahead what ever works for you, often ones seeking acceptance are not confident in their beleifs, really who cares what someone else thinks, it only matters what you think, Look into that very very deeply and you will get the wisdom of it. Naturally we are all unique its not possible to be the 'same". But if you choose to be an indigo child enjoy your journey and all the best to you > namaste Sheri

I KNOW you exist, you are the next step in evolution. Read P.M.H. Atwater's site and get her books "Children of the New Millenium" and "Beyond the Indigo Children." She asserts that the term "Indigo" shouldn't be used, as it puts people off.

Old Model humans have been "blinkered" and are scared to be in the "phase-off" stage - but I call you splendid ! Evolution continues, you are the next stage - the "Shining Ones" formerly known as "Angels" coming in to experience and help us to continue in this Dreaming, you are HOMO STELLARIS!

I KNOW you exist, you are the next step in evolution. Read P.M.H. Atwater's site and get her books "Children of the New Millenium" and "Beyond the Indigo Children." She asserts that the term "Indigo" shouldn't be used, as it puts people off.

Old Model humans have been "blinkered" and are scared to be in the "phase-off" stage - but I call you splendid ! Evolution continues, you are the next stage - the "Shining Ones" formerly known as "Angels" coming in to experience and help us to continue in this Dreaming, you are HOMO STELLARIS!

I think this poster might be the original poster that started this topic under a different name. Just my opinion. :yes:

I think this poster might be the original poster that started this topic under a different name. Just my opinion. :yes:

Probably... :hmm: They registered here just before posting that...Two hours later, they still haven't denied what you said... Must be :tu:

As far as believing in indigo children...ehh...It's possible. If you say you are one, I have no reason not to believe you. But I also have very few reasons to believe you... I'd need personal experience to believe (in every sense of the word)

Edited by Mind_Freak

Why are you an Indigo child reality?,do you have strange powers?or just too many X men comics?

I dont think people shun "Indigo children",they just ignore them when the're talking crap.

According to what I have read, what most people of the holistic/spiritual persuasion call 'indigo', even more people of the academic persuasion call ADD. Having grown up with ADD my entire life and not knowing about it till I was thirty, I can state without hesitation that, had I known so many of my academic problems could be solved with a little pill, I would have done so early on, and happily. As it is, I have returned for a second degree in Network Engineering and, unlike my 2.95 GPA in college, I have maintained a 4.0 avergae and been on the President's List since my first class.

Freak? No. I just had a minor mental defect that was repaired with medication.

According to what I have read, what most people of the holistic/spiritual persuasion call 'indigo', even more people of the academic persuasion call ADD. Having grown up with ADD my entire life and not knowing about it till I was thirty, I can state without hesitation that, had I known so many of my academic problems could be solved with a little pill, I would have done so early on, and happily. As it is, I have returned for a second degree in Network Engineering and, unlike my 2.95 GPA in college, I have maintained a 4.0 avergae and been on the President's List since my first class.

Freak? No. I just had a minor mental defect that was repaired with medication.

not to take away from anything other posters have said but i must agree with aqua on this one, ironic as it sounds but eariler this week i read a artical in my daily news paper.

for the most part the artiacl talked about parents taken there childern to these new age dr. types only to descover that there children where speacial/ indgo.

later the paper consulted mental health drs. and they stated that those symptoms/behavor could and most likly indicated a.d.d.s.. now im not saying such a thing is not possible but i will say i side with the professionals on this one rather then those who claim "this is what going on with your child, yeap here my proof watch as i lay my hands on your child...can you see can you see...." sorry jmho :hmm:

Hey, i am the next step in evolution!!! a purple whit yellow dot child, the homo pinkus!!!!!! :P

Hey, i am the next step in evolution!!! a purple whit yellow dot child, the homo pinkus!!!!!! :P

No dude...just...just no... :P

i dont get it?

what the flip?

i dont get it?

I am not sure if I believe in them or not or if that is really even necessary to acknowledge your potential differences with myself in that way since we really are all here doing the same thing, participating in evoluiton of our True Selves, assuming I in fact am not one. I suppose since I do not have ADD I could not be one? Or rather simply being concerned with "those that do not believe", is looking outside yourself for understanding and confirmation of who and what you are. I do not think it unusual at all for "everyone" not to believe in alot of things. I am sure their state of Mind has alot to do with it. I suppose I would think you are a freak if you are acting like what I would consider to be a freak. It is all quite relative but it sounds to me that you feel like you are being treated like a freak. Maybe, I am sure, those that are not of your same Mindframe in general, will not ever really undertsand you. I would buck up and get really used to it and probably stop going around shouting out that you are an Indigo child to show how you are "different". Own it and embrace it would be my advice. Does it really even matter? Do your thing. Maybe your thing is to make it more aware to others. You know what you know and your reality is your reality. Do you think it is made up? If you really knew then I do not think you would be asking about it or really have a need to "get it". Although I am also assuming you are young and there are so many pressures growing up so good luck.

How did you find out that you were an Inigo Child, reality-is-only-a-state-of-being? I mean did you take a Kirlian photograph? How did you find out?

every single person on earth is special in some way. some are retarded, mentally impaired, physically acute, or spiritually more well rounded, whatever. everyone is afraid of change on some level and if "indigo children" are the next step in evolution they will be treated like freaks. I do not believe in any one race of people being special. Every mental strength is off-set by a mental defect. Evolution teaches that we are trying to survive. What better survival tactic than an entire race of specially qualified people? Rather than every person striving to be omnipotent and inevitably failing, some are strong. some are smart. some are spiritually enlightened, and the rest are the noble martyrs(cannon fodder) that are sent to die at the hands of merciless alien invaders hell-bound on sucking up all of our natural resources after cleansing it of the corrupt human cancer that has infested every crevice of this beautiful planet...

As for you reality-is-a-state-of-mind you have nothing to worry about, your not special in any way, infact noone likes you because your trying to be something your not. Maybe you have even tricked yourself into thinking that you have a purpose in life beyond anyone else's, maybe you believe in one way or another that your failure could mean the end of life as we know it. I say this to you. Give up, relax, enjoy your life, and if aliens attack be ready to bore them to death with your knowledge of other worlds.

Probably... :hmm: They registered here just before posting that...Two hours later, they still haven't denied what you said... Must be :tu:

As far as believing in indigo children...ehh...It's possible. If you say you are one, I have no reason not to believe you. But I also have very few reasons to believe you... I'd need personal experience to believe (in every sense of the word)

I agree with you. But I do have a few things to ask R-I-A-S-O-M. In what ways are you so different, better or higher then others to make you or anyone esle think that you, along with a few others, are the "next step" for man kind??? Can you make fire with your mind or something :huh::hmm: ???

These kinds of reminds me of the KKK(and some white people in the 1800s and so on) thinking that white people were above all other races with out any proof in their statements(but your not trying to kill or degrade others...are you?) . In my eyes you would have to show me (or have an other Indigo child show me) in what ways are you the new kind of human because if I can do what ever you see as a Indigo trate then your agruement is nothing more then a way to make yourself feel better. Give me some proof or exaplain how "Indigos" are better then other people because if Its something I don't see as a higher trate then I will say that its BS.

Here is an article I found on Metagifted.org

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifte...dultIndigo.html

You need most or all of the 25 characteristics to be classified as an Indigo Adult.

Not only children are Indigo...adults can be too. I am 30 and Indigo.

Being Indigo does not mean you are superior. Personally, I believe I have a very specific purpose to fulfill in this life. This is not something I have just come to realize, it is something I have felt my entire life....from as early as 4 or 5 years of age...long before anyone ever spoke of Indigo. My advice to thread starter is to find your purpose...I know I am looking for mine and I am sure I will find it very soon.

Personally, I tend not to tell people I am Indigo, except those I identify as being Indigo too.

They are more than likely able to understand what you are going through.

I also do not yet understand the purpose of being Indigo, all I know is...we think and feel things differently from other people.

****Indigo Adult Characteristics****

Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

Are very creative and enjoy making things.

Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

May have trouble with RAGE.

Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

Have strong intuition.

Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

Feh.

Typical nonsensensical, ego-stroking descriptions you find in any horoscope. Think and feel differently indeed! Who doesn't?

I, apparently, am indigo. I will still refer to it as ADD instead. None of this New Age "We are the next generation nonsense!" idiocy for me, thanks. Call it my intolerence to stupidity.

Anything new is treated with suspicion by anything old. I'm 54 and my ideas still haven't gained public acceptance. We could change the world but only if it doesn't change us first i.e. make us give up/ become as negative as the rest of the population. By the way, you're not the only ones here to change the world that are finding it rough - Aspies are finding it hard too because they are regarded as freaks as well but if you read Temple Grandins book 'Animals in Translation', you'll see that they have advantages that the rest of the population doesn't: The future has no identity - the past is nothing but that (defence of what was as opposed to grasping for what isn't). And of course there's alien abductees :alien:

Interesting. I will be studying/researching this subject. Thanks for posting.

****Indigo Adult Characteristics****

Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

Are very creative and enjoy making things.

Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

May have trouble with RAGE.

Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

Have strong intuition.

Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

I thought I was the only one who felt/been through those things... :rolleyes:

here's something for ya:

Helpful link! Click Me!

^ Me Too!!

BTW: Now with what I posted above, I am not implying that indigos don't exist...I can't say that, cause I don't know. Just showing how these 'common signs of ______' are not too reliable...

Edited by Mind_Freak