Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

indigo children----believe or not?

reality-is-only-a-state-of-being

Here is an article I found on Metagifted.org

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifte...dultIndigo.html

You need most or all of the 25 characteristics to be classified as an Indigo Adult.

Not only children are Indigo...adults can be too. I am 30 and Indigo.

Being Indigo does not mean you are superior. Personally, I believe I have a very specific purpose to fulfill in this life. This is not something I have just come to realize, it is something I have felt my entire life....from as early as 4 or 5 years of age...long before anyone ever spoke of Indigo. My advice to thread starter is to find your purpose...I know I am looking for mine and I am sure I will find it very soon.

Personally, I tend not to tell people I am Indigo, except those I identify as being Indigo too.

They are more than likely able to understand what you are going through.

I also do not yet understand the purpose of being Indigo, all I know is...we think and feel things differently from other people.

****Indigo Adult Characteristics****

Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

Are very creative and enjoy making things.

Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

May have trouble with RAGE.

Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

Have strong intuition.

Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

"Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades" - You're only good at what you know, right? Many people, including myself, will only understand things that they WANT to know and learn. Everything else goes in one ear and out the other.

"Are very creative and enjoy making things" - Yeah, ask anyone who's a Libra! Apparently we're all that way.

"Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something" - All kids ask "why?". It's hardly related to evolution!

"Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal" - There's nothing amazing about anyone who gets angry over the way we're made to live. My whole family p*** and moan about it ... it means nothing!

"May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out" - Lol, ask any welder about this. It's common - I know (minus the "street lamp" part).

Blah, blah, blah!!!

Eh please! <_< Most, if not all, of those 'so-called' examples apply to most human beings in the world today. I, myself, counted 21 that apply to me. There's nothing special or superior about it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tornado

• Mind_Freak

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• NoTC

Indigo must equal ADD/ADHD. They sure sound similar.

I agree.

I also do not yet understand the purpose of being Indigo, all I know is...we think and feel things differently from other people.

But you don't think and feel things differently to other people. Yes, you may think and feel everything stated in your list, but I would say that all of us experience those kinds of anger and frustration, etc. in their lives. It's called being human ... nothing more than that!

"Indigo", in my opinion, is a phony excuse that was made up by someone living in a fantasy world. It makes them feel better to believe that they're 'different' to the rest of us, instead of just dealing with the fact that they have a lot of issues to deal with (in relation to anger, frustration and challenging authority).

EDIT: There's nothing wrong with being that way, but there is no reason to cap this 'state of mind' as anything other than 'normal'.

Edited by Tornado

Barnum effect

The Barnum effect is the name given to a type of subjective validation in which a person finds personal meaning in statements that could apply to many people.

For example:

You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. At times you have serious doubts whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

If these statements sound like they came from a newsstand astrology book, that may be because they did. Such statements are sometimes called Barnum statements and they are an effective element in the repertoire of anyone doing readings: astrologers, palm readers, psychics, and so on.

If the statements appear on a personality inventory that one believes has been especially prepared for you alone, one often validates the accuracy of such statements and thereby gives validity to the instrument used to arrive at them. If Barnum statements are validated when they have originated during a psychic reading, the validation is taken as also validating the psychic powers of the medium.

"Barnum effect" is an expression that seems to have originated with psychologist Paul Meehl, in deference to circus man P. T. Barnum's reputation as a master psychological manipulator who is said to have claimed "we have something for everybody."

I'll say it again psychic children! BTW, Greenfaery where did you get that avatar? I've been looking everywhere for a kudama or a ash**aka in it!

I'll say it again psychic children! BTW, Greenfaery where did you get that avatar? I've been looking everywhere for a kudama or a ash**aka in it!

Hello different...My brother downloaded alot of Icons from a bit torrent file... if that helps...I love Princess Mononoke By the way!

My one experience with "indigos" was this woman I worked with who refused to discipline her child, who was 6.

She claimed she didn't want to supress him because he was an indigo child and was special so he could pretty much get away with anything while she felt like she had an excuse for not looking after him.

He was a smart kid, pretty creative but behaviorally off the wall and had much trouble at school and with other children. If his parents had taken responsability for raising him I'm sure he would be quite successful but they had their New-age excuse and were just pretty closeminded at entertaining other possibilities.

what happened to the kid?

my expirience with indigo children is pretty negative. :no: it consists of visiting an indigo forum, and while i read, i couldn't resist the feeling that it's an ego-trip. :D their debates were full of sayings like "that's soooo not indigo" and "if you really were an indigo there's no way you would think that." they often attacked people who had different opinions (on any subject, not just the subject of indigo kids), if someone who was not indigo said something they didn't like, they would diss them off saying that he's not indigo so he can't understand the world. and also, i got the feeling that they were over and over again emphasizing that they really had all the indigo charasteristics (see the list from previous posts) in places where it didn't really matter. and finally, they tended to ADORE people who were "spiritually recognized," meaning, those who were reiki masters, yoga teachers, tarot readers, whatever, and when some of these "recognized individuals" said something, everybody took their word as a fact.

all of the above says to me that these are just some poor people who didn't get much attention growing up, so they try to make themselves special. which is fine, hey, everyone tries to find the best way to live. but what bothers me is that when people refuse to recognize them as Specials, they get angry. <_<

what happened to the kid?

They moved. I'd imagine he's still getting away with whatever he pleases. This wasn't that long ago.

My one experience with "indigos" was this woman I worked with who refused to discipline her child, who was 6.

She claimed she didn't want to supress him because he was an indigo child and was special so he could pretty much get away with anything while she felt like she had an excuse for not looking after him.

There's nothing "special" about being a spoilt little brat. She (the mum) certainly had no other "excuse" other than lack of control and authority and being down-right lazy in her attitude of parenting!

my expirience with indigo children is pretty negative. :no: it consists of visiting an indigo forum, and while i read, i couldn't resist the feeling that it's an ego-trip. :D their debates were full of sayings like "that's soooo not indigo" and "if you really were an indigo there's no way you would think that." they often attacked people who had different opinions (on any subject, not just the subject of indigo kids), if someone who was not indigo said something they didn't like, they would diss them off saying that he's not indigo so he can't understand the world.

Seriously, this "Indigo" thing is the biggest load of crap I've heard in months. They're NORMAL people who care/have an opinion about certain issues (like most NORMAL people), who have a degree of spirituality (like a lot of NORMAL people) and at the same time, have an attitude problem (like many NORMAL people). There is nothing "special" or 'original' about these guys. They/their families have just talked themselves into believing they are, in an effort to forget/brush aside the real issue. They're no worse or better-off than anyone else on this planet. The only difference between us and them is that we don't give ourselves a fancy name to camouflage our personalities.

Such an easy diagnosis to make isn't it?

AD/HD predominantly inattentive type: (AD/HD-I)

· Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes.

· Has difficulty sustaining attention.

· Does not appear to listen.

· Struggles to follow through on instructions.

· Has difficulty with organization.

· Avoids or dislikes tasks requiring sustained mental effort.

· Loses things.

· Is easily distracted.

· Is forgetful in daily activities.

AD/HD predominantly hyperactive-impulsive type: (AD/HD-HI)

· Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in chair.

· Has difficulty remaining seated.

· Runs about or climbs excessively.

· Difficulty engaging in activities quietly.

· Acts as if driven by a motor.

· Talks excessively.

· Blurts out answers before questions have been completed.

· Difficulty waiting or taking turns.

· Interrupts or intrudes upon others.

AD/HD combined type: (AD/HD-C)

· Individual meets both sets of inattention and hyperactive/impulsive criteria.

These symptoms also fit most people at one time or another in their lives. Barnum effect?

ADD or AD/HD is one of the most over medicated and over diagnosed "conditions" around.

Doctors who are supposed to be of critical thinking have a tendancey to not look beyond these symptoms and go straight to medication. A fact that I found out when they diagnosed my child with ADD. Amazingly when they medicated her they only wanted her on the medication while she attended school so teachers could have better control. They never bothered to find out if there were other possibilities to her behavior. The medication only made her behavior worse, not better.

These same symptoms can also be caused by kids who eat too much sugar and starches, but food is rarely looked into as a plausable cause for ADD. The food served in schools, at home etc. Children with a sugar high after lunch will display many of these symptoms and then they become groucy when the sugar high fades away. When people I know of have convinced parents to change the diet in their children who had ADD symptoms the symptoms went away within a few weeks.

I am in no way saying that ADD-AD/HD does not exist, just that it's often used as a convenient excuse too often.

As to Indigo children or adults I have reached no conclusions as of yet. It is something that I would have to research more. If I were to conclude that Indigo children are a fact, I would look at it more along the lines of a talent that a person has such as someone who finds math easy where as I do not.

^ You've made some pretty good points in there.

This whole indigo thing was started by goofy parents that thought their kids were special. We all think our kids our special. It doesn't mean I give my 6 year old a speical name.

We all think our kids our special. It doesn't mean I give my 6 year old a speical name.

Yeah, I think having their name changed based on something they don't even know is quite rediculous...

Edited by Mind_Freak

I don't really buy into the whole "Indigo" thing, but why the hell are you people all so judgemental? Who's to say all of them aren't legitimate. If you look into things, the majority has always generally been rather... fagtarded. It isn't always so black and white. You can't tell someone they're not christian because christ didn't exist. That's just. Not right. Stop and think, because by saying you're right about their "inexistance", you're no better than them saying "we're indigo".

Just a though. :\

I thought I was the only one who felt/been through those things... :rolleyes:

here's something for ya:

Helpful link! Click Me!

^ Me Too!!

BTW: Now with what I posted above, I am not implying that indigos don't exist...I can't say that, cause I don't know. Just showing how these 'common signs of ______' are not too reliable...

Great post!!!

Indigo (EMO) kids are just attention trollops. There were Goths, Emos, and now Indigos. Non-conformists that feel they are not the norm. Guess what, you're just like everyone else.

You aren't special. You can't start fires or freeze things with your mind.

Always the same excuse by these self appointed psychics.

Ugh.

"I don't use my powers to prove anything and I don't do it in front of people"

That's because you don't have any powers.

The end.

Amen.

"I don't use my powers to prove anything and I don't do it in front of people"

That's because you don't have any powers.

The end.

Amen.

^ I'll go with that!

I don't see the point in responding to this but what the hell, here I go.This whole Indigo thing first of all sounds like some downgrade to the human breed. If you cant get threw school and blame it on being a higher being than you sound like a sad sad little human trying to process to much threw that mind of yours. Thank you for your pointless existence. :yes: Sorry if I offended anyone.

There's no need for this:

Thank you for your pointless existance. :yes:

I'm pretty sure that is what you'd call a "downgrade to the human breed."

Edited by Mind_Freak

I don't see the point in responding to this but what the hell, here I go.This whole Indigo thing first of all sounds like some downgrade to the human breed. If you can't get through school and blame it on being a higher being than you sound like a sad sad little human trying to process to much threw that mind of yours. Thank you for your pointless existence. :yes: Sorry if I offended anyone.

Shahera, I love you. You just made a point that made me think of something.

You'd THINK that a being that is supposedly on a higher plain of existence would be able to have an EASIER time doing something as simple as going to school and maintaining a glorious "C" average.

You probably offended one of these little emo punks, but that's ok. They can use their powers to block out the sadness.

Hippies. :rolleyes:

Feh.

Typical nonsensensical, ego-stroking descriptions you find in any horoscope. Think and feel differently indeed! Who doesn't?

I, apparently, am indigo. I will still refer to it as ADD instead. None of this New Age "We are the next generation nonsense!" idiocy for me, thanks. Call it my intolerence to stupidity.

Seriously. I certainly feel different...lol

He was a smart kid, pretty creative but behaviorally off the wall and had much trouble at school and with other children. If his parents had taken responsability for raising him I'm sure he would be quite successful but they had their New-age excuse and were just pretty closeminded at entertaining other possibilities.

These are exactly the sort of parents that have made me dislike most children. I believe the parents have done them and whomever comes into contact with them a grave injustice and it is another good reason parents should be required to pass some sort of test to become one. It is just lazy and irresponsible. I feel it is really a social crime and am always disgusted when I experience children and parents like that. Make no mistake - if I am in their presence I WILL say something to the child and discipline them myself. I do not care if I know them or not. I was in the grocery store awhile back and had to ask this liitle 5 year old that was standing 5 feet away from me in line to stop slamming the liitle car door on the kids grocery cart - it was so obnoxious and he did it like 5 times (I believe trying to get his families attention-there were 3 of them all standing right there totally ignoring him) and I very nicely and firmly said "Will you please stop doing that?" Kinda freaked the kid out but he stopped immediately.

The parents, looked at me womdering why I am talking to her child and I said "I think he is trying to get your attention." The woman said "Probably" and turned right back around and continued to ignore the child.

Now, he stopped because all he had to do was look at me to know I was serious. I just believe in good manners still I guess.