Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

!Please Read!

ThatGuy321

if someone were to "have the good", and they made it publically known, they would be hunted down and they would disappear. Look at history. You can't find it because thsoe that know it have been pursecuted to death or at least to know to only teach it to those they feel it is worthy to learn.

This isn't pull out of my imagination. I have my sources.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• apm825

• NoTC

• different

• Megalomania

if someone were to "have the good", and they made it publically known, they would be hunted down and they would disappear. Look at history. You can't find it because thsoe that know it have been pursecuted to death or at least to know to only teach it to those they feel it is worthy to learn.

LOL, of course you have your sources, but as a classic example, you won't state them.

Look at society today. People who say they are psychic haven't been hunted down. So that blows that theory out of the water.

Look at society today. People who say they are psychic haven't been hunted down. So that blows that theory out of the water.

Those that say they are psychic are not neccessarily psychic. Those who are psychic aren't neccessarily those who say they are.

Maybe those who are have seen the movie "Phenomenon" and have had their fears confirmed.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. -Buddha

Edited by apm825

Those that say they are psychic are not neccessarily psychic. Those who are psychic aren't neccessarily those who say they are.

Maybe those who are have seen the movie "Phenomenon" and have had their fears confirmed.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. -Buddha

Thank you for COMPLETELY walking around what I said!! :tu:

Care to try again?

Dr. Gary Schwartz, the author, is the director of the Human Energy Systems Laboratory at the University of Arizona. In his 2002 book, The Afterlife Experiments, he detailed his early research with mediums, including John Edward, who hosted a popular television program, Crossing Over, for several years. This book picks up where Schwartz left off in the 2002 book, discussing his continuing research with other mediums, including DuBois.

Schwartz clearly validates and praises DuBois and the other mediums discussed in the book. "As far as I can tell, they have an extraordinary and genuine gift," he writes. "They can do specific things with their minds - getting accurate information about deceased loved ones - that I had been educated to believe was impossible."

Schwartz explains how he first met DuBois and her then medium-mentor, Catherine Yunt, and how he initially put them to the test. He also discusses subsequent experiments, including one with popular spiritual author Deepak Chopra and another in which the late Princess Diana seems to have communicated to a British journalist who had been a friend when Lady Di was alive.

While recognizing that much of what he relates in the book will exceed the "boggle threshold" of many readers and will result in more hissing from his cat-like colleagues, Schwartz courageously pushes on in the pursuit of truth, pointing out that if we become more "survival-minded" we can find new meaning in life. While admitting that his current experiments do not provide definitive proof of survival of consciousness after death, he concludes that the available evidence is consistent with survival.

Schwartz concludes the book with a prediction that "those of us who hunger for understanding the existence of life and the meaning of love will at some point be able to celebrate the reality of spirit and soul, and the magnificent intelligence of a universe that has equipped our species with the potential to discover scientifically this fundamental spiritual truth."

As Schwartz states in the Introduction, if you already believe in survival of consciousness after death, the book "will make your heart smile." If you don't believe in survival and are befogged and cramped with lifelong materialistic prejudices, you'll probably just get a headache, assuming you take the time to read it. If, however, if you don't believe in survival but are open-minded, you may very well find yourself rethinking your earlier position.

Unfortunately, you'll likely find many people in the second category - the pseudo-skeptics with blinded eyes and cloudy intelligence proudly parading under the "science" banner - attempting to discredit Schwartz, calling his research faulty and saying he is a traitor to science. They know nothing of the extensive research carried out by other esteemed scientists, such as Sir Oliver Lodge, Sir William Barrett, Sir William Crookes, Dr. James H. Hyslop, Dr. Richard Hodgson, and many others who came to the same conclusion as Schwartz after extensive studies of mediums. But these scientific fundamentalists along with the religious fundamentalists, who see it all as demonic, may very well be a necessary evil. Back in 1854, Victor Hugo, the famous French author, was communicating with high spirits through a medium and asked why God does not better reveal himself. The reply came: "Because doubt is the instrument which forges the human spirit. If the day were to come when the human spirit no longer doubted, the human soul would fly off and leave the plough behind, for it would have acquired wings. The earth would lie fallow. Now, God is the sower and man the harvester. The celestial seed demands that the human ploughshare remain in the furrow of life."

In effect, absolute proof is not a good thing. However, for those who choose to give up ignorance and blind faith for the conviction that comes from research such as that being done by Schwartz, life, especially the final years, can be so much more enjoyable.

By looking at your previous posts, it looks like what you want to do is discredit and debunk people as much as possible. I don't claim that you are wrong, but you seem very biased and closed minded. I think a feeling of "clarity of mind" could blind someone from what is. Want to believe something is or is not, I think you will find plenty of things to confirm either way. I hold the stance of "keep an open mind". In searching for true knowledge, I recommend forsaking both fear and clarity.

Instead of telling us how right you are about how everyone is so wrong, tell us what truth is it you hold to?

Offers around some valium ^_^

*cough* Sylvia Browne *cough*

I know she's a fraud, but if society was as you say it is, she'd have 'dissappeared' by now.

And come on, if you were right, people who host sites and post videos of their powers, like on psipog, would have dissappeared.

Along with most of the believers on this forum.

Sources please.

My cat told me that she is full of doghair. (that is one of the worst insults a cat will utter.)

user posted image

By looking at your previous posts, it looks like what you want to do is discredit and debunk people as much as possible. I don't claim that you are wrong, but you seem very biased and closed minded. I think a feeling of "clarity of mind" could blind someone from what is. Want to believe something is or is not, I think you will find plenty of things to confirm either way. I hold the stance of "keep an open mind". In searching for true knowledge, I recommend forsaking both fear and clarity.

Instead of telling us how right you are about how everyone is so wrong, tell us what truth is it you hold to?

I've already stated in many other threads that I used to be a believer. Lack of evidence, among MANY other factors brought me to the conclusion that is reality. It's classic for believers to call skeptics closed-minded. But what the believers don't realize is that many of us skeptics used to be believers, until we actually did some research, instead of just believing.

...looks like you dance around my posts as I "dance around yours".

What's to dance around?

Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds

And great minds have often encountered violent oposition by those who hold superstition, fallacy, and blind belief near and dear to their hearts. a little history will teach you that the "spiritual" people were violently opposed to those who stated the world was round. Ironic that the believers will often use this very example in their arguments, but don't recognize the fact science proved the "spiritual" people wrong.

"weak minds" are those that give in to every fallacy out there. A strong mind is one that stands on both sides of the fence prior to drawing a conclusion, which I have already done. So, your attempt to insult me has failed.

You obviously haven't read my other posts on various topics that go along with all this alleged "psychic" ability. I've given plenty of examples, explanations about why I believe what I do.

I'm still waiting on evidence from the believers.

Edited by Knightmeir

It's classic for believers to call skeptics closed-minded.

Also hypocritical, seeing as though they won't open their mind to logic.

Honestly, we could hold some of you guys hostage in a motel, gun to your head, and beat you with a telephone every 5 minutes, chanting our skeptical logic over and over...

But after a weekend, you'd still come out thinking you can light fires with your ribcage.

Never heard of the ribcage theory : )

In all honesty, I would like to believe in these things. But as I've said before, no evidence exists to support any of it. You can write down happenings on pretty white paper and publish books till you're blue in the face and dead. But words on paper and the internet doesn't substantiate any of this.

The only thing you see on tv are shows with mediums and psychics... and I've seen shows that explain how that works, and the behind-the-scenes shows often show these in a very different, dark light the producers don't want the public to see.

Never heard of the ribcage theory : )

It became popular after we explained that the brain can't have so much energy, that it can light fires, or move objects. :tu: