Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

This may be of interest to some of you:

http://www.spirit-quest.ca/ebooks/Spirit-Quest.pdf

It's a free 150 page e-book on astral projection. I haven't read it, but from what I hear it's ok. Any questions please ask.

Excellent read!

I wouldn't recommend anything published by Llewellyn to anyone, but Denning & Phillips' book seems to have helped the author significantly. I find it amazing how much our knowledge and understanding of OBEs have greatly progressed over the last 30 years. The author does a great job of exemplifying that fact, whether it was intentional or not.

Thanks for the link.

Hey ive had sleep paralysis before. But, this the first time i attempted to astral travel. I layed down on my bed and cleared my thoughts, relax and start to focus myself on another part of the room. Surprising, my body vibrated by itself seconds later, flashes of white/blue light appearing, heart rate beating crazily and a slight sense of floating, also my eyelid was twithcing uncontrollably. I continue trying to project( i did not fear much ), but still couldnt and gave up after a few more seconds. My mind is still to attached to the physical plane i think. But from my descriptions do you think i am close to projecting?

ohh wow, hell ya, id say you were really close to astraling, you just described just about every single sensation you feel before you astral project. id say you were really close to astraling. keep tryin, you will soon do it.

ohh wow, hell ya, id say you were really close to astraling, you just described just about every single sensation you feel before you astral project. id say you were really close to astraling. keep tryin, you will soon do it.

hmm, oh yeah i also had a weak swaying sensation...kinda like your body moving left to right...But, when i finally decided to stop trying and open my eyes, i didnt jolt back or anything. I just simply open my eyes like the way everyone opens when they awake...So im nt sure whether am i really on the verge of astral projection or all of these are just created by my own mind...

hmm, oh yeah i also had a weak swaying sensation...kinda like your body moving left to right...But, when i finally decided to stop trying and open my eyes, i didnt jolt back or anything. I just simply open my eyes like the way everyone opens when they awake...So im nt sure whether am i really on the verge of astral projection or all of these are just created by my own mind...

i dunno you could have just made them up in your mind. next time you try to astral, pay no attention to the sensations that you feel, payin to much attention to them can ruin your chance of astraling, just keep doing what ever it is your were doing and dont lose focus of that, try to not even notice anything you feel no matter what it is, never let your mind off of anything other then gettin out of your body. try my rope techique, its in metaphysica, astology and psychis phenomena, and its called astral projection and people stories or something like that. but you should be able to astral as long as you just keep focus on leaving your body and you dont let your mind wonder off

I've read the first 10 pages or so of this thread and I must say I am kind of scared to try it. I've had a sneaking suspicion that one could leave the body at will, and return in the same manner. A couple of questions I have are:

When you are out of body, do you retain your physical appearance?

When you are projecting, can you literally "float" around your house and see everyone else sleeping?

Can you move objects in the "real world?" Like could I turn on the lamp while out of body?

If someone comes in the room to wake you by calling your name or touching you, will you return to your body instantly? (IE interruption while projecting)

I guess I would like to experiment in the Astral Plane; so many questions :)

Edited by AllP0werToSlaves

Most people who AP say the astral world looks slightly different than the real world. Also, people who try to look for information while APing in controlled conditions (i.e Nothing where that crackpot Ingo Swann is involved) always fail. Therefore, astral projection does not exist, and all of you are wasting your time trying to do an elaborate form of lucid dreaming.

I've read the first 10 pages or so of this thread and I must say I am kind of scared to try it. I've had a sneaking suspicion that one could leave the body at will, and return in the same manner. A couple of questions I have are:

When you are out of body, do you retain your physical appearance?

When you are projecting, can you literally "float" around your house and see everyone else sleeping?

Can you move objects in the "real world?" Like could I turn on the lamp while out of body?

If someone comes in the room to wake you by calling your name or touching you, will you return to your body instantly? (IE interruption while projecting)

I guess I would like to experiment in the Astral Plane; so many questions :)

for the most part you do retain your physical appearance, you might look healthier, slimmer, and in better physical condition altogether. and sometimes ppl can astral as somethine completey different, like i was talkin to someone on here who astrals as a wolf, do if you just dont think about what you will look like when you astral then you will just be a better look you.

yes in a real time projection you can float around you house and see everyone in your family sleeping and see yourself sleeping in you bed, altough sometime people just see a inpression in the bed where their body should be, and thats just becasue your mind cant handle the fact that part of your mind is outside of its body.

no you cant turn on or move or change anything in the real world while you are astraling.

yes if someone wakes you up while you are up astraling then you will get pulled back into your body and wake up from the astral projection.

thats about it, if you wanna no more, you can look at my form, i give my way to astral on there, and me and other ppl talk about astraling, its in this same form place, u no, under > Metaphysics, Astrology & Psychic Phenomena, the name of the form is astral projection and other people stories, or something like that. or you can try the way thats on this form, witch every works best for you. there is a lot of good info in this form but there is so many pages its hard to find it in here, but just ask anything you want and ill help you out if i can.

I've read this thread up to page 57 so far and it's been an amazing read. I have tried this twice, both with overwhelming results. I'll share my astral experiences as they come.

I've read this thread up to page 57 so far and it's been an amazing read. I have tried this twice, both with overwhelming results. I'll share my astral experiences as they come.

I'm just adding this for everyone in general, I guess.

www.astralsociety.com

I haven't signed up over there yet, but seems like a pretty awesome message board with lots of good info to read on astral/dreams-lucid and non...seems mostly geared towards astral projecting however.

I'm just adding this for everyone in general, I guess.

www.astralsociety.com

I haven't signed up over there yet, but seems like a pretty awesome message board with lots of good info to read on astral/dreams-lucid and non...seems mostly geared towards astral projecting however.

Nice work lucinda, it's it great! I signed up recently. Not only are the forums good but there's a plethora of metaphysical articles.

for the most part you do retain your physical appearance, you might look healthier, slimmer, and in better physical condition altogether. and sometimes ppl can astral as somethine completey different, like i was talkin to someone on here who astrals as a wolf, do if you just dont think about what you will look like when you astral then you will just be a better look you.

What does it mean if you can't see yourself?

I've reached out to touch someone else's shoulder, only to discovered that my invisible hand goes right through them. I've made several conscious efforts to see my own arms, but so far, have not. With no conscious effort at all, I've discovered that I can't see my own reflection in mirrors, nor can I see my own nose, like I can now, using my peripheral vision.

If we resort to KISS*, the fact of the matter is that we have no body. The phantom illusions of previously possessed appendages exists only in our minds. Perhaps I've never experienced a fully-conscious astral projection, where subconscious thought automatically replicates a hallucinogenic body. All my excursions may have been etheric projections, where phantom appendages have no real substance or reflectivity. I'm a delusional man, amputated from the top of the head down. :blink:

EDIT: *KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid (aka "the simplest solution is often the correct one.")

Edited by St Q

What does it mean if you can't see yourself?

I've reached out to touch someone else's shoulder, only to discovered that my invisible hand goes right through them. I've made several conscious efforts to see my own arms, but so far, have not. With no conscious effort at all, I've discovered that I can't see my own reflection in mirrors, nor can I see my own nose, like I can now, using my peripheral vision.

If we resort to KISS*, the fact of the matter is that we have no body. The phantom illusions of previously possessed appendages exists only in our minds. Perhaps I've never experienced a fully-conscious astral projection, where subconscious thought automatically replicates a hallucinogenic body. All my excursions may have been etheric projections, where phantom appendages have no real substance or reflectivity. I'm a delusional man, amputated from the top of the head down. :blink:

EDIT: *KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid (aka "the simplest solution is often the correct one.")

Perhaps you're remote viewing rather than APing? I know little of remote viewing though.

The long standing members of Astral society left recently so it will no doubt be some time before the site returns to its former status. However there are tons of posts and articles and links to books that will help. I am a member there to.

Some other sites are

http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php (small site but some good info)

Astral Society 2 (a new site but promising)

www.astralvoyage.com

www.astraldynamics.com

www.astralpulse.com

Edited by heinrich1858

There is also some science to sleep paralysis. You can google it to. The conscious mind wakes up ,but the part of the mind involved with movement does not wake up(This lasts for say 5 minutes or so but it can be as little as a few seconds). You literally can't move no matter how much you try to it is like being paralysed.

I was scared sh**less the first time it happened to me. I thought I was being attacked or something.

Supposedly it is easy to astral project out of sleep paralysis state. Not tried that one yet.

Edited by heinrich1858

Sleep paralysis means waking up without being able to move for some time.

Yeah.. i think its because your brain is awake but your body is still asleep am i wrong? i always guessed that would be why it makes it easier to project because the body is already fully relaxed?

Perhaps you're remote viewing rather than APing? I know little of remote viewing though.

I would have to say no, but that's a good question. I, too, am no expert about remote viewing. What is the difference between etheric projection and remote viewing while catatonic or paralyzed? Perhaps they're really the same thing, and the state of mind-body for the remote viewer is only a variable. Ingo Swann seemed to be proficient at both. Why can't we?

Do claimants of NDEs undergo remote viewing before entering the tunnel?

Taking this a step further, how do we know for certain that lucid dreaming is not really a spontaneous OBE to the astral plane? Perhaps the majority of our dreams occur there. This sudden transference of consciousness to a place that is totally unrecognizable and filled with hallucinogenic forms of thought on a grandiose scale could be astral projection at its finest. How can we dispute or even distinguish the difference?

Etheric Projection

Though closely related to astral projection, in etheric projection a projector encounters mainly that which exists physically, moving about in a (usually invisible) etheric body. The term was used as far back as the 1940s, by Dion Fortune in her book Psychic Self Defense. In contrast to astral projection, during this type of experience, there are no fantastical worlds, or self-absorbed encounters; the majority of the experience can "hypothetically" be validated.

The world encountered during etheric projection may seem to be at variance with physical reality if strict mind control is not maintained. Robert Monroe describes this type of projection as a projection to "Locale I" or the "Here-Now", and describes it as containing people and places that actually exist in the material world. Robert Bruce refers to a similar area as the "Real Time Zone" (RTZ) and describes it as the nonphysical dimension level closest to the physical.

In Western theosophy, each subtle body is functionally distinct. Since the etheric body and astral body are not the same, they cannot represent the same kind of psychic activity.

According to Max Heindel, the etheric "double" serves as a medium between the astral and physical realms. Ether, also called prana, is the "vital force" that empowers the Physical forms in order for change to take place. This means that when one views the physical during an OBE, they are not technically "in" the astral realm at all.

Source: Wikipedia's Astral Projection

Technically speaking, the majority of all NDEs are proceeded with etheric projections, not astral projections. I'm not trying to argue semantics here, but your post should have been entitled "OBE & My Technique" to incorporate all forms of projection. I believe that Jjbreen was arguing the validation of etheric projection but confused it with astral projection, which cannot be validated. Many people do not realize that the difference between the two is like night & day, and to many others, like Jerry, very important. I believe that a lot of time and energy has been wasted arguing over incorrect nomenclature.

EDIT: Spelling errors and "night & day"

Edited by St Q

So last night I tried it several times, and I think I'm getting close to actually doing it. I wake up randomly throughout the night almost every night, so I thought I'd give it a go each time I woke up to turn over, etc. I remember the last one being very intense; as I lay there, I remembered all the techniques I had read about on the forum. I imagined myself in the corner of the room, a rope hanging, magnetic ceiling, etc. I saw the lights to some extent, and began to feel a VERY heavy pulling sensation all over my body, then it stopped once I realized I was still in my bed. Was I close?

I really want to do this the right way.

That's what I figured. I think I was just so surprised to see how easily things began to take action once you start focusing, that I just stopped lol. I can't wait to get full blown into it though. Are things super blurry once you project, or does everything seem like the real world, but you can walk through walls and stuff?

That's what I figured. I think I was just so surprised to see how easily things began to take action once you start focusing, that I just stopped lol. I can't wait to get full blown into it though. Are things super blurry once you project, or does everything seem like the real world, but you can walk through walls and stuff?

once again, unrelated....

your avatar pic looks all h.r.geiger-ish.

however much my approval is not needed...I approve. :yes::alien: