Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

So try to leave the body when your whole body is vibrating by "rolling" out. Now if you try to roll you might actually move your body then you gotta try again the next night. Heres another question I had, will my eyes be open when doing this? I know my eyes are closed before I leave, I mean after you leave the body. Do you feel like you can look around? or is what you 'see' just in your head.

Yes.... I guess it is possible that you move in normal reality, I'm pretty sure that once vibrations start tour body is pretty much paralyzed. I have yet to do it physically. The times when I thought I did I was actually out. Your astrial eyes will open just like your real eyes. It feels the same..... It is not an imagined visilization experience,.... In my opinion the people that practice journies that way are not really doing anything but imagining things. I have even seen gurus do this, and it might be a good meditation but it's not the real deal. When it happens you will have a tough time telling if your out or not. I sugest walking around your room a bit testing things even if you think your not out. You might be. And probably are. Just think about floating up. If you do it's obviouse. You can also look at your hands. Keep your focus this might freek you bit, but watch them they might fade away or melt.

So try to leave the body when your whole body is vibrating by "rolling" out. Now if you try to roll you might actually move your body then you gotta try again the next night. Heres another question I had, will my eyes be open when doing this? I know my eyes are closed before I leave, I mean after you leave the body. Do you feel like you can look around? or is what you 'see' just in your head.

Well, I'm no pro, but I think you can move. A bit. If you move though, the vibrations will disappear rapidly. 1st time I had the vibrations, I believe my eyes were closed, but I could still see. 2nd and 3rd time I was in SP, and my eyes were open, but couldn't really see that well. Idk. Anyway, what I did is I imagined myself being pushed from my body. Like when your in a swimming pool and you push of the wall. You don't push your legs. You "vision", or in essence, "project" that you will do it. If you get out, you won't be in your bed, and if you didn't project where to go you'll just be bouncing around in your house.

A vision quest might start you off in the right direction.

I would love to hear more about Vision Quests. Would this be something that could be covered in this thread or would PM be better? Thank you so much Seeker, I can feel how your tips are helping even though I have yet to intentionally project.

it sounds like your guide has put into your head to go there. Do not deny that you should start planning now. I have a four year old and a half year old and a three year old. And a zero year old that has visited me a few times. Yes kids are a wonderous thing, but remember you are a better parent to them if you are balanced. Listen to your spiritual impulses and your childrens health will follow yours. Quick spirit quest. Find someone to take care of your child for four days. Stop eating on day one and only drink water. Have a small space in a remote place away from people. Make a ring of stones. 10 feet in diameter. Dig a small bathroom hole twenty feet away. Three gallons of water and a very warm blanket.... Not a sleeping bag. Enter your circle on day two. You may only drink water. And you may only leave the circle to releive yourself. You may not lie down. U can stand up but you must try with all of your might to not lye down and sleep. You will fail evenchually and that is ok, but try. Now stay up the next three days meditating on how thankful you are for what you have if you fall asleep or spontaniously travel try to return to your meditation. When your thoughts stray return to feeling thankful for every moment with your child to every drop of water that touches your lips. Instead of traveling like you nomally do the spirit world will come to you this time and you can stay in your body. It is a very difficult endevours but life changing everytime.

Everybody is a little different but here is what you will experience in order.

1. Extreme bordom. It will be very very hard to continue. But you must be disceplined.

2. Extreme fear. Especially your first night. Everything will seem out to get u. The trees the noises. Your own breath. You will want to run. Don't stay focused on your meditation.

3. Releif and the most thankful you have ever been just for light.

4. Aproaching the second night..deep dread. You will be sure that you can't possibly do another night. Try to resist ending it with all your being. Maintain your meditation or let your thoghts wonder. But try not to fall assleep. Do not lay down. Sit up everytime you doze, and try to refocus your mind.

5. This second day is going to be very strange. You will start to see everything in new strange ways. Your thoghts will scatter and focus on their own. Your surroundings may not even be recognizable. Things will be bright and vivid, you may start to see meanings in the smallest sounds or movements of insects or clouds.

6. As the third night aproaches, steady yourself. You are in for a wild ride. Refocus your meditations and efforts to stay awake. You may stand up and do whatever(I often here music or drums and dance for what seems like hours.) but forbid yourself from leaving the circle. It is dangerouse to leave now. This night you will talk with the spirits around you and you may contact your guide. Make sure to squash any fear with determination. If you slip out of your body be sure to try and go back. This night the spirit world is to come to you.

At some time during the night you will have experienced something increadibly powerful. you will know. When this happens you make curl up in your blanket and sleep. You must make sure you are fully rested before leaving the circle. It is best to have someone to come and get you. definatly make sure your are 100% before driving.

it sounds like your guide has put into your head to go there. Do not deny that you should start planning now. I have a four year old and a half year old and a three year old. And a zero year old that has visited me a few times. Yes kids are a wonderous thing, but remember you are a better parent to them if you are balanced. Listen to your spiritual impulses and your childrens health will follow yours. Quick spirit quest. Find someone to take care of your child for four days. Stop eating on day one and only drink water. Have a small space in a remote place away from people. Make a ring of stones. 10 feet in diameter. Dig a small bathroom hole twenty feet away. Three gallons of water and a very warm blanket.... Not a sleeping bag. Enter your circle on day two. You may only drink water. And you may only leave the circle to releive yourself. You may not lie down. U can stand up but you must try with all of your might to not lye down and sleep. You will fail evenchually and that is ok, but try. Now stay up the next three days meditating on how thankful you are for what you have if you fall asleep or spontaniously travel try to return to your meditation. When your thoughts stray return to feeling thankful for every moment with your child to every drop of water that touches your lips. Instead of traveling like you nomally do the spirit world will come to you this time and you can stay in your body. It is a very difficult endevours but life changing everytime.

Everybody is a little different but here is what you will experience in order.

1. Extreme bordom. It will be very very hard to continue. But you must be disceplined.

2. Extreme fear. Especially your first night. Everything will seem out to get u. The trees the noises. Your own breath. You will want to run. Don't stay focused on your meditation.

3. Releif and the most thankful you have ever been just for light.

4. Aproaching the second night..deep dread. You will be sure that you can't possibly do another night. Try to resist ending it with all your being. Maintain your meditation or let your thoghts wonder. But try not to fall assleep. Do not lay down. Sit up everytime you doze, and try to refocus your mind.

5. This second day is going to be very strange. You will start to see everything in new strange ways. Your thoghts will scatter and focus on their own. Your surroundings may not even be recognizable. Things will be bright and vivid, you may start to see meanings in the smallest sounds or movements of insects or clouds.

6. As the third night aproaches, steady yourself. You are in for a wild ride. Refocus your meditations and efforts to stay awake. You may stand up and do whatever(I often here music or drums and dance for what seems like hours.) but forbid yourself from leaving the circle. It is dangerouse to leave now. This night you will talk with the spirits around you and you may contact your guide. Make sure to squash any fear with determination. If you slip out of your body be sure to try and go back. This night the spirit world is to come to you.

At some time during the night you will have experienced something increadibly powerful. you will know. When this happens you make curl up in your blanket and sleep. You must make sure you are fully rested before leaving the circle. It is best to have someone to come and get you. definatly make sure your are 100% before driving.

Here I posted it a while back

Can you control where you AP to? or is it random where you open your astral eyes? Is there a way to project into the room your laying down in everytime?

Can you control where you AP to? or is it random where you open your astral eyes? Is there a way to project into the room your laying down in everytime?

I always project into my room. I come strait out. Then go places. Depending why you are there sometimes other spirits will come to get you or take control of your movements. Not often, but when something important is to be communicated. Here I will post my journal of my first contct with the plaidies spirit. Or have I already done this..... No I think I posted my last contact with it. I have to delete a few personal things in it hold on.

I always project into my room. I come strait out. Then go places. Depending why you are there sometimes other spirits will come to get you or take control of your movements. Not often, but when something important is to be communicated. Here I will post my journal of my first contct with the plaidies spirit. Or have I already done this..... No I think I posted my last contact with it. I have to delete a few personal things in it hold on.

---- the symbol ended up being the shape of the mask of the black faced pliedies god--- for the navajos it is a creation god---- this all happened before I knew anything about it..... The story is pretty thick but--- I'm trying to show that sometimes spirits take control of you to assist you in your growth, so don't be scared.

9/17

I initiated the vibrations this morning while on my sofa again. It's been tough to set up the proper frame of mind fir long journies, so in the mornings I can take short trips. 

There have been sets of syncronicities surounding that movie Donnie darko again, and another movie given to me from a student. I have had stronger feelings that have i have to read jungs book on syncronocity. I guess I'll have to order it. Basically I know what it Is about now. I'm supposed to be training myself on a few things......where is the time. The spirit world is demanding things, but there is only so many hours on the day.

Journy

I did initiate the vibrations this morning. They were very faint, but I managed to float out. I did not have a goal, still working on control. A few days ago I lost control while trying to travel ended up falling through my house into the ground. I ended the session and did not journal about it. 

This morning I lifted out and flew up into the morning sun. I was thinking that it would be interesting to visit the sun, so I turned and started toword it, then I stoped and thought better of it. If there is some sort of physical/sceintific aspect to my spirit body, I figured it would not be a good idea to go anywhere near the sun. There has been some research by Robert munroe that electromagnatizm can affect a spirit body. 

At this point I realized I was flying straight up, but not under my control. Here we go again I thought. I ended up in space just past the earths atmosphere. The earth was undernith me, an increadible sight. 

I was looking up at the mass of stars. There are so many more looking at it that way. Masses of them. My eye was drawn to a tiny cluster of stars that were so close together they almost looked like they were a solid object.

I remember saying "what is that", at that point herd a loud voice say "I AM THE LIGHT!". I was shocked, this is all new kinds of experienced, but I had been asking to take another step in my abilitties.

At that a mass of light rays started shooting from the small cluster of stars. But it was creating something. The rays out lined a shape and brought to form a large block letter C. Ha! **** experiment maby! I'm Leary though, these kinds of things are rarely obviouse,,,,, but maby they can be. 

The "C"  was blue and looked like a computer generated block letter. If started falling toword me. As it passed me and fell toword the earth, I herd a loud sound that sounded like thunder, as it boomed the "C" morphed into more of an "E", but not the letter, more like the C with a thick line comeing directly from the center of the curve and stoping at the gap. Something like this symbol € but with only one line dead center, not extending to the left but flush with the letter itself. The line is much thicker to match the width of the block letter itself.

I terminated the session, picked my phone up to journal it, there was an email aletering me that ***** had responded...... Coincidence?

Thoughts

Wow. Did  the "Light" just send me something. I had been feeling stagnant in my journies, and had asked for something. I got it. What could that symbol mean? How do you research something when you don't have a name for it? Could the "C" be a refrence to ****. I'd like to think so, but the images were so powerful. It seems like it was something else. Exciting.

Ok, so I completed a journy this morning actually about 45 minutes ago. This one has a bit of a muture subject, so please if anyone responds do so maturely. I'm hesitant to post for lots of reasons but some of you have asked me to, so I'm going to honor that, but please honor the spirit in which I'm posting aswell. I think it's valuable to show these things to others. For me aswell. I obviously don't have an outlet for this material unless it's anonomouse, so thank you all for listening.

Vision log

Feb 12 2011

Wow!!!! I got up early this morning to set up a journy. An online friend of mine has a problem and some powerful syncronistic events has caught my attention. I rarely journy for people I don't really know but this cannot be ignored. But. But. But. Something else was availabe. My wifes identical twin sister (Jen) and her cousin (Sara) were staying in the guest bedroom. It just so happens they are both trying to get pregnant. jen has suffered a miscarrige and Sara has suffered several. They are staying over because there is a club they like to go that us not far from our house, and the both live far away now. Jen is feeling very..... well.... discouraged because my wife is pregnant and we have two boys already, and she has been trying a long time and it's not happening. She is afraid it won't happen.  

So I thought this was a rare oportunity to test a thought I have had. These two women are very close family. I lived with them during college, and I care very deeply for both of them.

I went down stairs to the sofa. It's not far from the guest bedroom. It took me a while to initiate vibrations, but I did. I got out of body by just getting up. I wasn't sure if I was out. So I did a float check. Yes. Great. Then I proceeded to the bedroom door. I was nervouse because I wasn't sure if I was crossing any ethical bounderies. But my intentions are noble, so I thought what the hell. I get to the door and have to decide to open or go through it. Go through it of course. It's tuff to shake normal reality habits. I'm still nervouse because if for some reason Im not in spirit this going to look very bad, and I'm going go scare the crap out of them. Going through the door is my final check. I even expected it to squeek like it always does but it didnt. Sheewww !!!!

So I'm standing over the bed. Something is wrong. There is only one person under the covers there should be two. But this person is much bigger..... Earlyer I was wondering how I was going to do this for both of them. I beleive it was a representation of both of them. 

Ok, here It gets a little well.....  ( I'm posting this journal to the forums , please understand that non of this is ment to be sexual, but i was attempting something involving reproduction, so the little minds out there that think this might be creepy, I have no interest in hearing from. I care very much for these people and this is about love, nothing more)

I reach over and reach inside of her, my intention is to call forth the red orb that the plaidies spirit gave me and leave it there. I'm just about to do that when she responds to me in such a way that seems like she is about to welcome it. 

Here is where I have to be honest.... The sexual connotations of it made me loose focus. The moment after I was back in my body. Feeling guilty of course, but I'm human. My mistake was reaching in. There is no reason I can't stand away and send the orb into her from a distance. I'll try again. There is no reason why I can't fly to their houses and try again latter. 

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy. If none of this is real then I'm a nutcase.            

I look forward to all of your comments.

Edited by Seeker79

Few things here Seek I think. First this red orb business. What makes you think it is linked to fertility? It could be but apparently green orbs are more related to healing/fertility. Red orbs are energy/restlessness. Maybe your mate was giving it to you.

http://www.coastghosts.com/orbs.htm

The Black Faced god is the fire god of the Navajho but not in the literal sense. Fire is the active principle in nature and is usually to do with beginnings. Funnly enough in India the fire god is Agni and is also got links to the Pleiades. I am also thinking the red orb could be a symbol of the root chakra. Do you do any chakra work? Had any strange sensations in the base of your spine recently.

Above all other constellations the Pleiades may be the most mysterious. Good but heavy link.

http://hans.wyrdweb.eu/about-pleiades-or-how-a-fool-destroyed-paradise/

Wishing all the best to you and those close to you. If I was you I would look into chakras and to help your friends you might need access to these energy vortices for that is what they are.

For the natives Americans I thought red was linked to life. Blood being what carries it. I was assuming these things to be healing oriented. That's what Im interested in anyway. Hahaha I'm not sure spirits/gods/angels/aliens whatever care what I am interested in. The orb is a blood red color. Are all pleidies spirits related to fire? I read some stuff in the black faced god, it seemed it had multiple functions..... I will look for more info. The blackness being the sky and the plaiedies stars on his temple. Are their other plaudes spirits with different functions? I'm mostly trying to figure things out slim. I can journy practically every morning if I want. But there is still alot of confusion.

In the vision the stars of the cluster turned this blood red color. Then collapsed into one then floated down to land and be absorbed by my hand. I then spent some moments calling it up. And controlling it.

I assumed it was a tool of some sort.

I do here what you are saying about root chakras though. Evidently trust in other people is associated with the root chakra, and this is my most troubling aspect of myself. I have not done much work and thought on chakras though. I'm starting to get more interested in it. I would like to learn to control the vibrations around my body and even bring them up in a more waking state of conciousness. Anyway for now all I can do is learn and experiment.

I'm actually going to post journies back on a blog. Instead of here. That way we can focus on those of you learning. Thanks slim.

I just went to that orb link. I don't think it is the samething as those orbs. But i can't really know that. I have a feeling it's more of a communication. I find that the things I see don't really fit into some of the Normal paranormal culture. But I'm still learning.

For the natives Americans I thought red was linked to life. Blood being what carries it. I was assuming these things to be healing oriented. That's what Im interested in anyway. Hahaha I'm not sure spirits/gods/angels/aliens whatever care what I am interested in. The orb is a blood red color. Are all pleidies spirits related to fire? I read some stuff in the black faced god, it seemed it had multiple functions..... I will look for more info. The blackness being the sky and the plaiedies stars on his temple. Are their other plaudes spirits with different functions? I'm mostly trying to figure things out slim. I can journy practically every morning if I want. But there is still alot of confusion.

Pleiades are tied to so many mysteries. The second link I posted has some crazy stuff on them. The central sun Alcyone and the king fisher and of course Orion the hunter/fool.

Blood is indeed a symbol of life in some cultures so it is hard to say for sure.

For sure I do not understand Navajo cosmology but I do see the odd parallel with other cultures.

http://www.abitabout.com/Navajo+mythology

It started to happen for me like 3 years ago. When it started with the vibrations and sensation of moving and sleep paralysys I was really afraid but I did manage to get out but in few ocasions very shortly. I was so afraid that I stoped sleeping on my back all togheter as it seems for me it always happen when im laying on my back.

Now, I'm in a existencial crisis and I want to have AP on a regular basis.

Since I decided to have them and stop being afraid I had one in which I manage to exit ...I was on the ceiling and when I wanted to see down ..I saw myself in the bed.

In another occasion I manage to exit , I got out of my building and moved really fast on the road but I had to get back as I felt a really nasty pain. I wanted to go somewhere but the pain was so excruciating. I just stopped and tryed to understand why it was hurting , got afraid and decided to go back. The thing is i wanted so much to go back that I felt I couldn't just go back the way I got out ...so I had to think of my body and tryed to move. For 2 sec I felt I was in 2 places at once until I manage to move.

Other think which I found it curios is that no matter how tired I am ...if I sleep at 9pm or 2-3 am...I always wake up like 5-6 in the morning, ofc feeling very tired..but is like my dreams finished abruptly.

The curios think is that when I wake up suddenly at that time, is the best time to try to AP. because I'm so tired. This started to happen pretty recently, like 2-3 months ago. It wasn't like I had this happen b4 ( waking at 4am)

I don't know what to make of it.

A.gray, there are other forces at work. I'd bet you are ment to be journying regularly. You should pic your practice back up. I'm not sure what to make of your pain. Maby you wernt ready yet, maby until after your crisis. That certainly was the case for me. My problem was different, but after the crisis I have been on a sharp learning curve. Maby it's the same with you. I'm interested in your crisis. I would love to hear the details pm maby.

The other thing that I think people miss is prayer. Not to any god in particular, but to the source in general. Unless of course you have a preferance. We are not alone in this and there are no accidents. I'm certain of this. Not a begging prayer mind you but a deep respect and thankfull prayer in advance for the help and guidence you will receive.

The only way through the dark night of the soul my friend is to keep going.

Edited by Seeker79

It may sound stretched but I think the reason that I just wake up like that in the morning is meant to have AP.

Dunno about the pain but I'll try to figure out what was all about.

As for the crisis its actually a severe depression, amongst other things. I can't find any solution to my life, the only one that I can think is to journey into the spiritual world. Maybe there are some answers

not a stretch at all. I'm quite sure of it actually........It can, but you cannot carry your anxiety ( if any ) with you. It will be counter productive. Depression may actually help. If you are detached enough from your emotions you can have a more intelectual persuit of visions, without fear.

Might I suggest talking to somone. Thee are people put here as healers. It's their jobs quite literally to see us through.

This may help to. Strangly enough I was just reading it.

http://www.vipassana.com/canon/digha/dn11.php

Edited by Seeker79

Pay particular atention to the parts about abandoning all the useless things we do. It seems we do this in depression anyway. Maby it's a natural response to return to basics and shed all of the crap that weighs us down. I can't tell you how often I think I would just drop everything and live in a wigwom, I'd do it in a heart beat if my wife were on board. Yes j would even take my kids. Heimo korth had it right. ( "the last frontiersman" )

I've noticed something... whenever I'm drifting off to sleep and I suddenly open my eyes, I usually see some hallucinations that quickly disappear into nothing. I talked to someone about this and they called it "Focus Overlay Experience." Where your Focus 2 oC overlaps with your Focus 1 oC. Idk if this has anything to do with AP, but this seemed to be the most logic place. Hallucinations (Or is it?) range from little swirls of energy to a shadowy figure walking towards me.

Anyway, last night I had some hypnic jerks, and while I was in a dreamy state before a jerk, I may have moved my astral finger. I'm not sure however, but I do believe my astral eyes were open at one point.

Looking at my past, I believe I have AP'd many times before but not realized them. Before my "first" AP experience, I think I was APing all the time, spontaneously. Twice before my 1st I have gained consciousness while APing. I was above my body floating both times. I immediately freaked out and was sucked back into my body. I assumed I was abducted by aliens. (Remember, I was 11.)

While I was a baby, I remember flying around my room with my body in the bed. It was fun, I had no idea what was going on. I also remember floating to my Dad's office and seeing him type. This is just a few. Most importantly during all my APs, I felt free. I could do anything, become anything, go where I please. Fly at the speed of light. It seemed the world was my playground. Over the years however, these memories disappeared. When projecting again, I suddenly remembered all my experiences. I tried to go further, but the guardian stopped me. Maybe because when I was little, I had no fears. I knew nothing about the real world. Just like the bowl of cheese was from my imagination, so is the guardian. It's not real. That's why it's different for everyone. Your unconscious mind, just like in a dream, creates made-up crap. It may be that the mind is not ready, it cannot handle all of this new learning.

The way to defeat the guardian is not to deny it's existence as your fears are real, but to acknowledge your fears. Your mind created it, your mind can destroy it. Your mind can do anything. You control what happens in your life, not your fears. Let me put this in better words. As the great president FDR said, "You have nothing to fear but fear itself." You cannot let fear control you, you control fear. In essence, you control the guardian. The guardian of the threshold is your fear manifesting itself in your mind. When facing the guardian, do not shove your fears away in a closet. Acknowledge your fears as I said before!

Anyway, sorry for rambling. It's like the words just came out.

I might sleep on my back tonight. I usually get SP when sleeping on my back, although it's still very rare. Probably a 5% chance of SP and out of that 5% a .0001% chance of a successful exit.

He folks, I just got invited by a Wiccan high priestest to run some classes on astrial projection at her new age shop.

Hahahahaha who ever knew I would do something like that. I'm a little nervouse to expose myself, but she gets dozens of people in her shop trying to fight sleep pralysis , and that's how our conversation got started.

I'm a little excited to be personally helping people, but a little nervouse to.

Anyway I have to thank all of you here, because you have helped me hone my ability to help, and given me more confidence in that reguard.

Thank you all very much.

Just an FYI, I have zero interest in makeing money. I already make plenty, i'm more interested in helping people and teaching is learning twice. By engaging in teaching people something you master it on levels that are beyond the average. That's my other motivation.

That's awesome Seeker... Congratulations! There is nothing better than teaching, the gives you receive are endless!

I was actually coming to post to ask you how things are going with the two spirits you encountered?? Checking if you had any luck figuring out what was going on there.

Also to give you a little update on my AP, I haven't been very successful lately. I think I need to work on my meditation and focus, I think that's where I'm slacking. I've been an insomniac for years as soon as I hit that bed thoughts start racing, it's hard to turn off my brain. I think it's when I'm stressed that it comes naturally. Not sure. I'll keep trying, I'm going to try and make it a point to make time to meditate once in the afternoon as well.

Congrats Seeker.

Are there any physical sensations one feels immediately after when they've returned to their body? For example, nausea, slight headache, or altered hearing as if one needs to cause their ears to pop to get their full hearing back? Anything at all? Or does one feel nothing?

That's awesome Seeker... Congratulations! There is nothing better than teaching, the gives you receive are endless!

I was actually coming to post to ask you how things are going with the two spirits you encountered?? Checking if you had any luck figuring out what was going on there.

Also to give you a little update on my AP, I haven't been very successful lately. I think I need to work on my meditation and focus, I think that's where I'm slacking. I've been an insomniac for years as soon as I hit that bed thoughts start racing, it's hard to turn off my brain. I think it's when I'm stressed that it comes naturally. Not sure. I'll keep trying, I'm going to try and make it a point to make time to meditate once in the afternoon as well.

Thank you. And yes I have he same problem you do. To many thoughts. Make sure you are doing the mornng thing. That will help a bit. Strangly gardening is helping me focus. I'm growing a huge vegetable garden and it calms me, and makes me relize how attached I am to the material world and how unimportant it all is. The only things that are important is each other and oher life.

Nothing with the fighting spirits. More important things have come up. Massive syncronistic events are at work again and I have several projects out there that I will be working on.... It's starting to come in floods.