Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Oh, just two more questions from me, just thought of them,

1. Do you have to lie on your back or can you lie on your side?

2. When you do astral travel can you always see your physical body in bed?

Thanks

1) any position that relaxed you. just don't project forward when face down. You end up inside if your bed. It's dark and you won't know where you are at.

2) not always. Especially in the beginning. But look closely if you don't. You will see an indentation on the bed. Then your body may apear before your vary eyes. Be careful. If your body becomes aware of you staring at it..... The animal inside may freek out. And cause a nasty sleep pralysis fear feed back loop.

(!History part!)

Ok so I've tried astral projecting and been trying it for 2 weeks.

First time I tried was really long ago, and it wasn't really intentional. I was just really meditating, and while I was relaxed, I sort of imagined this light and floating sensation. Suddenly I felt my body tingling and I saw a bright yellow light. I stopped immedietly.

Second time WAS intentional. In fact, I had just realized what astral projection was, so I tried the first method I saw (being the rope method, where you hang a rope to the ceiling and you imagine climbing it), though I couldn't tie a rope to the ceiling simply because I, like many other people, live in an apartment. We don't have ceiling on which you can tie a rope on. Morons.

Anyways, so it was something like "Well... this looks legit.... maybe I'll try it"

and then my reaction was "Okay, stop this, STOP THIS NOW! I need to know more"

Aaand well it's almost been my most successful attempt so far. ALMOST. And by successful I mean like, I felt like I was floating. I felt like I was leaving.

And then I came upon this thread. So I need help. Like, really bad.

So I'm gonna say step-by-step what I do

(!Important part!)

1.I relax (obviously) and sometimes try to concentrate on an object (For some reason I seem to prefer an hourglass)

2.I control my breathing. I saw somewhere that I should first breathe in 2/4 of my lungs, breathe out and then inhale to a mental count of 4, hold for 2, exhale for 4, hold for 2 and then inhale again

3.When I feel I'm getting relaxed to a point where I feel my pulse at my fingertips or around my neck, I start following a certain method or invent my own (I've tried and invented many. Like imagining there is a giant fan under me, blowing me up, or a car tied to a rope and pulling me out of my body, or even people just taking my arms and pulling me.)

4.I notice I'm able to bring my visualizations out of mind, and like materialize them... or actually SEE them, not imagine them. Though it takes a lot of concentration... and they are just like white/yellow glowing lights, where the interest points are, like all over my body if I'm visualizing myself, or around the object if I am visualizing one, around the bed etc on a black base. So like, imagine a black scene, where anything I actually pay attention too is glowing with yellow light.

5.I start to get my muscles to tense up. No matter how hard I try, they keep twitching. Especially my eyebrows.

6.My concentration breaks as I start to feel I am no longer doing it right.

7.I "wake up" from a nice meditation, but nothing more.

OR

Alternative, where I do better. (This actually happened last time I tried, but at that time I was listening to the Moonlight Sonata, and had rainymood.com opened up. They made me relax real good)

1.I'm actually REALLY able to relax

2.I start following a method

3.I materialize my visualizations (as I explained above) and am almost able to "see" around the room, from the point where I think my third eye is. (THOUGH EVERY TIME I TRY It breaks my concentration on actually leaving the body I think)

4.I get my mind back on the method

5.I start getting a sensation in my legs, almost up to the knee where it's like blood is rushing around fast in my body (like when it's winter and you suddenly enter a warm place, your arms get this feeling, almost the same thing except in my legs)

6.My muscles start twitching, not to the point where they are a HUGE bother, though they do manage to hinder my concentration on leaving my body

7.I concentrate as hard as I could on leaving my body, or being in a point in the room and shifting my consciousness to that point

8.Nothing happens. I get the sensations and all...But no popping sounds, no people calling my name, no rushing etc. Just twitching.

And rarely when I try to project, when I try to concentrate on the hourglass...god....those horrible images pop out... people with white eyes....zombies...dead dogs..... Urghh, I knew those horror movies would **** up my brain >_<

Best way to get rid of them is well... just trying to push them away, or slice it like a picture, and pull it away from my concentration. Sometimes it works. Sometimes they don't stop....

So, here comes the questions part:

(!VERY IMPORTANT PART!)

1.How do I stop the images flowing into my brain easily?

2.I've reached the stage where my muscles go crazy. Now what?

3.How do I enter this "Hypnagogic" or "State of bordering sleep" for more then half a second?

4.Do Theta Binaural Beats help? (I don't have headphones, I only have speakers ;[ )

5.What's wrong with my methods/ways of astral projection?

6.What happened to that Socrates (I'm hope I'm spelling it right) guy or whatever? He suddenly stopped posting. Sorry I didn't follow the whole 380 page thread >_<

Oh, and also, one more thing. I seem to be able to put...pressure... on certain points in my body. It feels like a headache, but like, without the -ache part. It's there, it's pulsing, but it doesn't hurt. Doesn't feel nice, but it definitely doesn't hurt. I can do it in like, the top of my head, the part over my nose and between my eyes (Third eye?) and also one more part in my "back" which I'm not comfortable talking about ;) So what do they do? They seem to make me feel coming out of my body, but every time I try to do something, I feel I'm putting pressure on those points, but nothing happens. I mean like, apart from everything I described up to now.

I know, I know, it's long, but this is my first post and I'm desperate. Please help?

Thank you for your post. I have known about astral traveling since i was about 10 years old. Growing in a Sufi family both my mother and my father are very spiritual oriented people. Mysticism has always been my passion. Always learning about quantum physics and "no time-No localization" idea that sufism has been teaching me, I can only imagine how fascinating experiences can be. All these spiritual teachings and science have proved that there is far more than this physical body that can process the universe at no 5 sense can do.

Now the real reason i am posting here... I wanted experience the astral projection so i can clearly see what the teachings have been teaching me and convince myself there is more than just physical body.

3 days ago for the first time, i attempted the astral projection after reading techniques about it all day long.

Let me share what i have experienced and i would like hear your advices.

first i meditated with help of a youtube video. at 10 pm. then I laid down on my back wearing very light clothing and no covers. I put my laptop on top of my chair and kept reading about Astral projection. as i found myself drifting to sleep i put my laptop down and remembered to say i will let my body sleep but keep my consciousness awake fully. And i went to sleep. I don't remember how much i slept but i was startled with this unbearable vibrational sensation. As i was hearing noises and feeling the vibes. I realized my eyes were closed but i was clearly able to see the bookshelf right across from me. At that moment i was aware that it was happening and i wanted to just relax and go with it. But in the mean time my body was fighting so hard to keep me in i couldn't resist because at that point my brain started functioning and started giving me fear.

I tried next night it didn't happen.

i believe because now i was really trying hard and thats why it didn't happen.

Do you think what i experienced was the beginning of astral projection? And i am so eager to do it again what would you suggest?

Thank you

S.k

Lets not forget Robert Monroe and also his institute for this kind of thing ZEB

<!--quoteo(post=1036533:date=Jan 26 2006, 06:26 AM:name=Yelekiah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Jan 26 2006, 06:26 AM) 1036533[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

How can you be so sure, unless you have a study on several different people and compare the data?

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good question.

This has been done countless times before. There have been experiements all over the world involving the study of astral travel. Look up the work of:

'Stuart Blue Harary'

'Dr. Robert Morris'

'Keith Harary'

'Dr. Scott Rogo'

'William Gerhardi'

Those are just a few names. The list is endless.

Thank you for your post. I have known about astral traveling since i was about 10 years old. Growing in a Sufi family both my mother and my father are very spiritual oriented people. Mysticism has always been my passion. Always learning about quantum physics and "no time-No localization" idea that sufism has been teaching me, I can only imagine how fascinating experiences can be. All these spiritual teachings and science have proved that there is far more than this physical body that can process the universe at no 5 sense can do.

Now the real reason i am posting here... I wanted experience the astral projection so i can clearly see what the teachings have been teaching me and convince myself there is more than just physical body.

3 days ago for the first time, i attempted the astral projection after reading techniques about it all day long.

Let me share what i have experienced and i would like hear your advices.

first i meditated with help of a youtube video. at 10 pm. then I laid down on my back wearing very light clothing and no covers. I put my laptop on top of my chair and kept reading about Astral projection. as i found myself drifting to sleep i put my laptop down and remembered to say i will let my body sleep but keep my consciousness awake fully. And i went to sleep. I don't remember how much i slept but i was startled with this unbearable vibrational sensation. As i was hearing noises and feeling the vibes. I realized my eyes were closed but i was clearly able to see the bookshelf right across from me. At that moment i was aware that it was happening and i wanted to just relax and go with it. But in the mean time my body was fighting so hard to keep me in i couldn't resist because at that point my brain started functioning and started giving me fear.

I tried next night it didn't happen.

i believe because now i was really trying hard and thats why it didn't happen.

Do you think what i experienced was the beginning of astral projection? And i am so eager to do it again what would you suggest?

Thank you

S.k

Yup.... Good job. Many people cannot get that far the first time. Nice.

Yup.... Good job. Many people cannot get that far the first time. Nice.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just want to tell you i have been trying since then and i can't get to that state. Also i wanna ask one more question. I am taking adhd medicine. would it be the problem do you have any idea??

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just want to tell you i have been trying since then and i can't get to that state. Also i wanna ask one more question. I am taking adhd medicine. would it be the problem do you have any idea??

Hmmm I can't say. It migh help you if it can calm your stray thoughts.

What a lot of people don't get is that it's a practice. Like anything you want to be good at. Set a schedule of practice and stick to it.

Hmmm I can't say. It migh help you if it can calm your stray thoughts.

What a lot of people don't get is that it's a practice. Like anything you want to be good at. Set a schedule of practice and stick to it.

The problem is it is amphetamine based medicine so it makes me focused and awake i use teth beats to help y brain get lower level at night

The problem is it is amphetamine based medicine so it makes me focused and awake i use teth beats to help y brain get lower level at night

Are you trying in the morning?

Never did i think i should like 4 5 am??

Yes. Or 3 am. Wake up.... Splash some water on your face.... Then read something boring until you feel that heavy dozing feeling.

Then lay back and begin your meditations. I'm not sure why, and It defeats some other theories I have had, but you can also stay up all night til about then then try. It's hell in your sleep cycle though.

Yes. Or 3 am. Wake up.... Splash some water on your face.... Then read something boring until you feel that heavy dozing feeling.

Then lay back and begin your meditations. I'm not sure why, and It defeats some other theories I have had, but you can also stay up all night til about then then try. It's hell in your sleep cycle though.

thank you i will try 3 am

Hi Seeker. It's been a while since I asked advice regarding my attempts at OOBE's. I was making good ground with Ziggy's 4AM technique. I heard the noise, felt paralyzed, even lightweight. I thought that I was progressing, getting ever closer to achieving. However, with no daily circadian rhythm to speak of, stresses of school, bartending and life in general, I seem to have lost it and I'm having trouble getting back. I've recently been experimenting with Ambiscience's binaural tones, hoping to place my mind in a meditative state, thus allowing me to continue my attempts. Do you know anything of using binaural tones in this fashion? Sometimes they cause bizarre states of consciousness. I thought I was lying in bed wide awake for ten to fifteen minutes attempting to go into a meditative state, but my wife said that I must have been asleep for at least forty-five minutes(I was snoring a bit). I truly believed that I was awake and attempting to relax my mind. Other times in the middle of the night, I would jolt my mind, think I had awoken and feel myself sit up and look at the wall. Then my eyes would pop open and I was still lying down. VERY bizarre feeling. I feel as though it's like using an ambien to sleep; you get there, but it's not natural.

Sorry for the long post. Just looking for experienced answers.

Hi Seeker. It's been a while since I asked advice regarding my attempts at OOBE's. I was making good ground with Ziggy's 4AM technique. I heard the noise, felt paralyzed, even lightweight. I thought that I was progressing, getting ever closer to achieving. However, with no daily circadian rhythm to speak of, stresses of school, bartending and life in general, I seem to have lost it and I'm having trouble getting back. I've recently been experimenting with Ambiscience's binaural tones, hoping to place my mind in a meditative state, thus allowing me to continue my attempts. Do you know anything of using binaural tones in this fashion? Sometimes they cause bizarre states of consciousness. I thought I was lying in bed wide awake for ten to fifteen minutes attempting to go into a meditative state, but my wife said that I must have been asleep for at least forty-five minutes(I was snoring a bit). I truly believed that I was awake and attempting to relax my mind. Other times in the middle of the night, I would jolt my mind, think I had awoken and feel myself sit up and look at the wall. Then my eyes would pop open and I was still lying down. VERY bizarre feeling. I feel as though it's like using an ambien to sleep; you get there, but it's not natural.

Sorry for the long post. Just looking for experienced answers.

Your false awAkenings are mini spontaniouse exits. You should get in the habit of always walking across the room turning around and looking at where you were laying when you wake up while using any of these tones. One day you will a relize you are still lying in bed.

I can't tell you how many times I exited but did not realize it. I still use reality checks to double check. Usually a quick float.

I don't like binaural beats or tones. To me they are just as you described it . Unnatural. Shamanic drumming is much more pleasing to listen to. And it brings with it the spirit and practices of our ancestors. I bought some from I tunes a while agao. But I have since recorded my own. it helps me knowing the nature and origins of all the things with me while altered.

Honestly if I want to journy I meditate for several hours the night before with the drums, then I don't use them when I journey.

If you have a partner, I Also recommend sexual activity the night before... The relaxation and endorphines helps keep you in proper mind frames. No alcohol. Or sleep aids.

Hope that helps.

Your false awAkenings are mini spontaniouse exits. You should get in the habit of always walking across the room turning around and looking at where you were laying when you wake up while using any of these tones. One day you will a relize you are still lying in bed.

I can't tell you how many times I exited but did not realize it. I still use reality checks to double check. Usually a quick float.

I don't like binaural beats or tones. To me they are just as you described it . Unnatural. Shamanic drumming is much more pleasing to listen to. And it brings with it the spirit and practices of our ancestors. I bought some from I tunes a while agao. But I have since recorded my own. it helps me knowing the nature and origins of all the things with me while altered.

Honestly if I want to journy I meditate for several hours the night before with the drums, then I don't use them when I journey.

If you have a partner, I Also recommend sexual activity the night before... The relaxation and endorphines helps keep you in proper mind frames. No alcohol. Or sleep aids.

Hope that helps.

It does. Thank you once again for your help. Perhaps one day I will achieve an aware OOBE.

Hewwo everyone,

I've been reading this threAd for the past 2 months after a bad obe e periance i had while sleeping. I only read a few pages till raistlin went away for 2 weeks. Thing is that i don't know how to find my guide. People say that you need to know your totem Animal, or something like that to find it, but i still don't know which one is mine. I've been ble to AP only once after that with this technique, but I didn't want to leave my house room just in case someone wakes up and tries to wake me up. I'm sure tyat they'll freak out if I don't respond to them... Anyway my room is as clear as day from entities or whatever you want to call them, so i waited for a bit trying to figure out what to do with my guide. Result is: nothing happened and I went back to my body. I was actually curious about the akhashic records but I refused to go or attempt to go at least without someone beside me.I'm a big chicken to be honest. So is there any way to find your totem animal without searching? Or to say it in a different way, is there a way learning about totem animals whilenot APing ? After i find it i want to start searching properly for it.

Thanks for reading btw ^_^

Hewwo everyone,

I've been reading this threAd for the past 2 months after a bad obe e periance i had while sleeping. I only read a few pages till raistlin went away for 2 weeks. Thing is that i don't know how to find my guide. People say that you need to know your totem Animal, or something like that to find it, but i still don't know which one is mine. I've been ble to AP only once after that with this technique, but I didn't want to leave my house room just in case someone wakes up and tries to wake me up. I'm sure tyat they'll freak out if I don't respond to them... Anyway my room is as clear as day from entities or whatever you want to call them, so i waited for a bit trying to figure out what to do with my guide. Result is: nothing happened and I went back to my body. I was actually curious about the akhashic records but I refused to go or attempt to go at least without someone beside me.I'm a big chicken to be honest. So is there any way to find your totem animal without searching? Or to say it in a different way, is there a way learning about totem animals whilenot APing ? After i find it i want to start searching properly for it.

Thanks for reading btw ^_^

If Somone wakes you, you will come back instantly and normally. You should not worry about that.

Your guides will come when there is reason to. The answer is in why you want access to the records and what you are doing in your life.

Yep and there is a way to meet your guide without Aping. I speak to mine more in my waken hrs than dream/sleep time. But technically we "project" consciousness to a higher level whenever we connect to our guides or ourselfs (higher self) - And that is much the same thing behind any form of projection, it's an elevation of consciousness thus making us aware of everything we are connected to and other layers/dimensions our soul/consciousness resides. It's a myth that we only deal with the astral levels in our sleep.

What it sounds like to me is you crave a more controlled scene to meet your guide/totem because APing can feel very out of control at times, so that is understandable. You may find that using guided meditation may suit you better as you can do that when you are awake and a guided meditation helps you to project to a safe place where you can meet your guide. But like seeker informed already, your guide will come when you are ready and a lot of this depends on that, plus also willing the point across that you actually do want to meet your guide and are ready too activate this journey.

For guided meditations, just google guided meditations for meeting my guide. There is tons of examples out there.

Good luck.

If Somone wakes you, you will come back instantly and normally. You should not worry about that.

Your guides will come when there is reason to. The answer is in why you want access to the records and what you are doing in your life.

Thanks for the reply ^^

I'm actually a student... in music technology major.

I have some things I'd love to make clear about my life etc.

I'm still unable to control when I'm going to project although I'm concentrating a lot.

so I want to make the best out of these projections.. even if it means making me physically tired.

Ive never been able to astral travel, i have been trying to do it on and off for many years now, closest ive ever come is the feeling of being slightly out of alinement with my body, thats as close as i ever get!

Thanks for the reply ^^

I'm actually a student... in music technology major.

I have some things I'd love to make clear about my life etc.

I'm still unable to control when I'm going to project although I'm concentrating a lot.

so I want to make the best out of these projections.. even if it means making me physically tired.

The key to control is intent. Be highly focused on each individual task. If you are going to walk through a wall to your garden focus on that like a math test. Then fly to a friends house or just will yourself there. Only focus on each individual tasks. You loose control when you start thinking if other things or something disturbs your body. Trust me. I have done plenty of flailing about trying to get control. Then a five your old jumps on you while your out of body.... Zinnnnnngggggghgg!!!!!!!! :)

Yep and there is a way to meet your guide without Aping. I speak to mine more in my waken hrs than dream/sleep time. But technically we "project" consciousness to a higher level whenever we connect to our guides or ourselfs (higher self) - And that is much the same thing behind any form of projection, it's an elevation of consciousness thus making us aware of everything we are connected to and other layers/dimensions our soul/consciousness resides. It's a myth that we only deal with the astral levels in our sleep.

What it sounds like to me is you crave a more controlled scene to meet your guide/totem because APing can feel very out of control at times, so that is understandable. You may find that using guided meditation may suit you better as you can do that when you are awake and a guided meditation helps you to project to a safe place where you can meet your guide. But like seeker informed already, your guide will come when you are ready and a lot of this depends on that, plus also willing the point across that you actually do want to meet your guide and are ready too activate this journey.

For guided meditations, just google guided meditations for meeting my guide. There is tons of examples out there.

Good luck.

Thanks for replying and the useful info^^

You're right I'm afraid of suddenly project into an empty room with artificial light in it. But still I don't mind doing it as long as it means that I'm going to meet my guide and finally learn about the things I want to learn.

I'm pretty sure that finding my guide while being awake is harder that finding him while Aping. But I wanted to make sure to add that while trying to AP I put a white noise near my ear to make sure that I'll get easier on the state of trance sinceit was morning and the sun wouldn't let me concentrate the way I wanted to. So my point is, that while concentrating with the white noise it was the first time I'd hear the popping sound. It hurt my ear a bit too. ( just to make sure like I said before since I'm new to it I still cant control myself. So I dunno when I can AP or not) Truth is, the first time I tried to project while knowing what I'm doing, I didn't hear the popping sound at all. I ONLY had the sinking experiance and then the jolt and next thing I know I'm out of my body. I never had the other symptoms like someone calling me etc. But this time was different. I didn't get out of my boy I kept having the popping sound andI couldn't get myself feel the sinking or the jolt. I could only hear a "chirp" in the white noise. it was feint, but pretty strong too. Since it was morning I thought it'd be from outside and since the white noise has lots of hz in it it might connect itself to the chirping sound. but when I closed the white noise, there was no birds or anything like that out of my window... There was only silence. So, my question is simple (although I made such a huge reply). Can it be connected to the fact that I was trying to concentrate and I was hearing things?

The key to control is intent. Be highly focused on each individual task. If you are going to walk through a wall to your garden focus on that like a math test. Then fly to a friends house or just will yourself there. Only focus on each individual tasks. You loose control when you start thinking if other things or something disturbs your body. Trust me. I have done plenty of flailing about trying to get control. Then a five your old jumps on you while your out of body.... Zinnnnnngggggghgg!!!!!!!! :)

AW I see your point. it takes lots of will power to do something.

I will make myself believe I'm green lantern! XD

ok, ok, I'm kidding.

I'll make sure to remember this tip next time.

I hope I can get to AP again ^^

I'm excited and scared at the same time about it which makes it more exciting!

Hehe, thank god I don't have kids or little siblings.

About the thinking part by the way, I always try to think about lyrics and other things so I can feel the jolt etc.

Whenever I think " I'll AP for sure this time" I end up failling and it takes me more time to concentrate again.

Usually I take 2 jolts/ hour and in the 4th jolt I succeed.

So I was thinking if you have any cool tips about this process as well.

AW I see your point. it takes lots of will power to do something.

I will make myself believe I'm green lantern! XD

ok, ok, I'm kidding.

I'll make sure to remember this tip next time.

I hope I can get to AP again ^^

I'm excited and scared at the same time about it which makes it more exciting!

Hehe, thank god I don't have kids or little siblings.

About the thinking part by the way, I always try to think about lyrics and other things so I can feel the jolt etc.

Whenever I think " I'll AP for sure this time" I end up failling and it takes me more time to concentrate again.

Usually I take 2 jolts/ hour and in the 4th jolt I succeed.

So I was thinking if you have any cool tips about this process as well.

I can't say anything about that. The way you get there is different than me. I do think ( and this happens alot) that you might be trying to hard. AP initially is about relaxation while holding your awareness fixed. If you concentrate to hard you cannot relax, if you have anxiety, you cannot relax, if your distracted, to cold, to warm. Etc etc. But I got a load of cool tips and things you can try once your out. I might sugest the way I do things but if it's been working I'd say don't change.

I will say will power might be the wrong word. More like singular focus. The way a ten year d might at a video game.

I can't say anything about that. The way you get there is different than me. I do think ( and this happens alot) that you might be trying to hard. AP initially is about relaxation while holding your awareness fixed. If you concentrate to hard you cannot relax, if you have anxiety, you cannot relax, if your distracted, to cold, to warm. Etc etc. But I got a load of cool tips and things you can try once your out. I might sugest the way I do things but if it's been working I'd say don't change.

I will say will power might be the wrong word. More like singular focus. The way a ten year d might at a video game.

I'm actually open to any techniques here since I can't find myself do it properly these days.

I want to try different things myself.

And maybe you're right, I may be trying too hard. I feel exhausted after 2 hours if I haven't succeed in it.

Videogames huh?

Now you made me turn the way I think 180 degrees.

It may be easier than I thought after all ^^