Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Hey all.

I have been trying since I was 12 or 13 (I am 18 now) to astral travel. I have never succeeded. :( I've tried just about every night for all these years, hardly ever coming close. Once, a few years ago , I heard voices calling for me, and a few months ago I heard air rushing by my ear. I am at a complete loss of what to do. I've tried many methods, from imagining a blank piece of paper, jumping on trampolines, climbing ropes, envisioning a corner of my room, or even convincing myself that I'm on my side when I'm actually laying on my back. Whenever I get close to my body being relaxed and I had been able to suppress the urge to move, I start to fall asleep, and instinctively roll over, without even thinking about it, and wake up a bit and be unable to get back to where I was at. If I dont roll over, I fall asleep no matter how hard I fight it, and before I know it, it's morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Try in the morning. Wake up very early. Read something boring until you start to nod off then try. It's much easier this way. You might want to start at the beginning of these threads and read through.

Try in the morning. Wake up very early. Read something boring until you start to nod off then try. It's much easier this way. You might want to start at the beginning of these threads and read through.

I'll try tonight or tomorrow. I've been reading a fairly boring book series just for that purpose. I usually end up in bed a few hours before dawn... I have developed a bad sleeping habit and typically do not fall or stay asleep, even with pills. I guess I'll see what happens tonight and keep my fingers crossed!

Do you record your dreams ? you may be experiencing the astral in your dreams is why i say.

Do you record your dreams ? you may be experiencing the astral in your dreams is why i say.

I dont but may do so soon. I want to publish a book (its my goal in life) and want to experiment with drawing inspiration from my dreams. I typically remember them in grest detail, sometimes I'll remember one for days,or never forget it. Sometimes I wake up feeling extreme dejavu, or like the waking world is very surreal. Im sure that I've had several dreams with the same location, or recurring ones. Maybe recording them is a good idea, for reference. They surely aren't lucid. I started small habits just for that reason, like blowing on my cigarettes before puffing, arranging my things a certain way when I put them in or take them out of pockets, chewing on my styluses, constantly making sure the necklace my husband gave me is still on(i always, always wear it) and other things like that.

I guess Im just fusterated. Ever since I learned aboout astral travel, Ive wanted to do it at least once. I also forgot to mention, I often try to match my breathing to my husband's, since he is garunteed to fall asleep in a matter of minutes. Most of the time it helps me relax a lot faster than usual.

Ive read this thread so mant times since I first found it a few years ago, but never made an account until just now. Theres no shame in asking for help, I suppose. :)

I hate to double post but to those of you who are helping me: One, Im sorry for the typos in my last post, I was typing with my 3DS and keeping everything spelled right is no easy feat! Second, I am at home and I went to bed around 11.30 with my husband and had no results, but had to wake him up at 4.45am and make him some lunch for work(Wasn't too fond of the dream I was having anyway). I am about to go smoke and then take my sleepy self back to bed, but I'll try the waking up early-and going back to bed here in a few minutes. I feel pretty groggy and I'm surprised I stayed upright this long. Just thought I'd check this thread before fixing the covers back into a comfortable position.

Edited by xrabbite

Your doing fine. That is the perfect time to try. Pace yourself and make it a practice.

I was wondering if anyone experiences times when AP becomes more difficult to achieve than others. Not sure if it's due to the lack of meditation lately. It just feels that the ability is slowly degrading. Any thoughts on how to overcome this?

I was wondering if anyone experiences times when AP becomes more difficult to achieve than others. Not sure if it's due to the lack of meditation lately. It just feels that the ability is slowly degrading. Any thoughts on how to overcome this?

It happens. Peaks and valleys. Don't worry about it. It's normal.

Hey everyone I am relatively new at astral projection and I am having trouble achieving sleep paralysis let alone the vibrational stage. The closestI believe I got was this... It was around 10 pm at night ando decided to listen to Theta binaural beats. I focused on my breathe counting 1, 2, 3 on the inhale and exhale. After about 20 minutes I noticed a relatively heaviness in my feet. As the minutes passed on the feeling got heavier and slowly crept up to my face. Then it the feeling was on the right half of my face and I started to see a kind of creamish color starting at the bottom of my field of vision and working its way up to the middle as if the creamish light was radiating off of my body. Any suggestions and advice? I also tried this morning after 45 minutes after I got up from sleeping but I did not recieve the same results (just a relaxed clear minded feeling even though there were numerous distractions going on around me in my house).

• 1 month later...

I can astral travel when i am awayk and still see and control my body i can even do it walking down the road or driving round in a car and when i shut my eyes i can see a tunal of lights some times a dark tunal or a white tunal and if i want to i can go through the tunal and when i get there i can think of anything thing or any 1 and it happins. And i can talk to the crater of all and talk. To all subconscious and even have sex with any female subconscious mind to me i call it the sole the 3rd eye the mind that never sleeps and i can get all secrets of the wold becoz i can see all and plus i talk to the boss and he shows me what i want to no or just points the way i am seeking to go lol my first time i astral traver i whent straight to angalena jolles subconscious and she was at a bar she offer me a drink from the bar and i said to her my dad told me about woman like you then we talkd through our eyes 4 a split sce and then i sweep her off her feet wiht my game and we made love all night til i wanted to go bk to my body and her conscious mind was awayk and it was day time where she was but i got with her subconscious mind the mind that never sleep the part of the sole that sees all. Iv got more on astral travel and the subconscious mind and the 3rdeye and what is a sole

TheLegend,

You could try sleeping about 10PM then you could alarm your phone or something about 4AM. I use this method and I get vibrations everyday but the only problem is separating from body. I dont use breathing technique I just lie on my bed and relax. I could reach vibration stage for 2-3 times a day.

I've always had vivid dreams, and sometimes Ive woken up thinking my dreams are real. Could this be some form of astral traveling. Also, after reading this forum & everyones questions & responses, I'm extremely interested in trying this technique for myself.

I have a few concerns, which i know many have already been asked & responded to-- My friend's brother used to astral travel almost every night, after he saw what he believed as a demon he quit- it took him some time to be able to stop the traveling. How likely is it that I may experience the same, is it possible to come in contact with negative entities, and is it at all possible to see passed loved ones. My grandfather passed away a couple years ago, and I've had him visit me in my dreams, he has actually given me messages to give to other family members, would I be able to see him & communicate with him.

Also, it seems as though the "jolting" & "vibrations" keep many from completely entering the astral plane. Any pointers on how to become relaxed enough & comfortable so that these feelings dont frighten me

thank you!! (sorry, the question mark on my keyboard is broken so that's why i have periods after my questions!!)

-ktmo2010

ktm,

There are some people who are just blessed to project with ease and Im not one of those. It is possible you may encounter one at your first projection. Mine, I saw a shadow on my head at the back of the bed standing right there. Its now that scary it just surprised me. Seeker said that if you're gonna encounter one of these things, you could show them kindness first or if you feel threatened you could fight them back using where you're good at. Example, I trained some mix martial arts and I will use this against my foe. You could sing to them, dance etc, just show what you are strong at to fight them back so that they wont show up again.

When you feel vibrations on you, try to feel it at least 10sec then try to exit. I use my right hand and try moving it to your left then try to move your whole body. You may also experience some heavy pressure or weight on your body, its natural but don't struggle on it just relax and try to exit. Hope this helps

I've always had vivid dreams, and sometimes Ive woken up thinking my dreams are real. Could this be some form of astral traveling. Also, after reading this forum & everyones questions & responses, I'm extremely interested in trying this technique for myself.

I have a few concerns, which i know many have already been asked & responded to-- My friend's brother used to astral travel almost every night, after he saw what he believed as a demon he quit- it took him some time to be able to stop the traveling. How likely is it that I may experience the same, is it possible to come in contact with negative entities, and is it at all possible to see passed loved ones. My grandfather passed away a couple years ago, and I've had him visit me in my dreams, he has actually given me messages to give to other family members, would I be able to see him & communicate with him.

Also, it seems as though the "jolting" & "vibrations" keep many from completely entering the astral plane. Any pointers on how to become relaxed enough & comfortable so that these feelings dont frighten me

thank you!! (sorry, the question mark on my keyboard is broken so that's why i have periods after my questions!!)

-ktmo2010

Nothing can hurt you... You should try to emtpty those thoughts of demons and such. Some people beleive in negative entities, I think there are representations of things in spirit that need translating so our ancestors called them evil spirits. But they are not evil spirits. Example, when interacting with the spiritual representation of a virus, I see them as eyeless people. a couple times a year I see them. The other thing that you will interact with is something called shadow. Many inturpretations. I used to call it the guardian, but have droped that label. This is mostly a challenge to overcome animal instincts., roaming around the spirit world with a tendency to react like animal us no good. So most people go through a process of learning to calm themselves and not manifest every sort of nightmare. The best attitude to have is a calm observers attitude. But yes If you feel threatened first empty yourself of fear and react with kindness incase you are misinterpreting something ( very easy to do) then if your space is violated dominate in some way.

Use whereever your power lies do that the confidence can carry through.

Good luck... Remember demons do not exist but your personal demons that need healing certainly do.

Thank y'all so much! I went to sleep that night thinking of what all i had to do in order to enter the astral plane, not meaning to actually do it... & I guess just thinking about it all was enough, because I semi awoke to what seemed to be a disembodied male voice (it was very echoey & broken up). It scared me & I tried to wake up but felt like i couldn't open my eyes or even move. I felt a heaviness before I could open my eyes and actually move. Do you think I mightve been in the process of leaving my body. The next night I woke up at 4 am on the dot, the same time I had the occurance the night before, is this just coincidental timing, or was the shadow "guardian" waiting for me to attempt again.

You cannot hide from your shadow it is always there. You can only confront it. Then it is assimilated.

You were in a sleep paralysis state. During this state you need to calm yourself and adopt a go with the flow attitude. Vibrations should kick in right after you mange to do this. Then you can exit and confront shadow. Once you accomplish all this you are free of it. I'll send you my cheesy video on sp and let me know how I can help.

I am a newbie to all of this. I have only read the first ten pages of this thread, so please forgive me if I am asking something that has already been asked and answered. If you astral project into a friend's house, will they be able to see you or communicate with you? Also, is there any passage of time when you are astral projecting? In other words, if I start at 5 a.m., could I miss my 5:30 a.m. alarm?

Hi and welcome,

First try this thread http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0 - it's the pinned Astral thread and is the more relevant condensed version without having to trawl thru 300 odd pages.

Oh this question is a can of worms. To answer your question though, it is not impossible but is dependant on a few things. It depends on you and your friends level of awareness at that time. It depends which aspects of their consciousness is able to be aware of you, and it depends on which aspects of your consciousness you are aware of. As you can see by this, it shows there is a lot more to the equation than just simply one level of "hey dude can you see me". with you either getting a response or not.

To put it as easily as i can, an example I had once was when I became aware of my Mum's projection wandering around the house, despite her being out of the country at the time. Did i have a conversation with her? sort of, was it the kind of conversation I would have had with her had she been there physically? No. which is quite interesting.

For the most part the aspect that was projected was her subconscious self, how did i know this ? my experience with talking to beings (both deceased and alive) on different levels of consciousness as a medium. So, to unravel this a little more, the subconscious aspect of a person is somewhat unconscious, okay. And in my experience it carries a different sort vibe/energy if you want to put it that way, from the upfront 'mask' that people wear day to day life.

Alternatively, i have experienced talking to peoples ego forms/selfs and that can be unnerving to disturbing. The ego consciousness form is akin to a lower primitive angry drunk spoilt child, you see the very worst of humans this way and some are down right dangerous and cruel in their thoughts and intentions on this level.

The last aspect to bring up is the higher self, and as a consciousness level, this is the closest to the true soul being / expression a person is. The higher self aspect is the aspect everyone should be aiming to attain and develop from, if they are serious about getting into astral projection and metaphysical stuff. The ego aspect can 1. get a being into a lot of trouble and 2. Only get so far. There is a glass ceiling deliberately that those in ego can not surpass.

So to round it up, to have communication with someone you are perceiving astrically, yes their subconscious is aware of you, but, whether they would consciously remember the experience is the issue. If you have followed right what I have tried to explain, it means it can depend on what aspect of a persons consciousness has noticed you, and what aspect of your self you are aware of. It could be their dreamy subconscious, their ego or their higher self. Or all three at same time :w00t: What to note is, the lower in conciousness you are the less you see, the less you are aware of, the less accurate your perceptions are.

The answer to your second question is, no, if you set an alarm clock, whether you are projecting by meditation or sleep, your alarm will still wake you.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I wanted to ask.. I'm only 16 and I'm extremely interested in this...

theres something I have been doing for years .. I'm not sure if its anything at all but when I'm in a room wide awake, i tend to feel the floating sensation and then i can see whats going on, on the other side of the room ... iv never gone beyond a room, but i can hear everything thats going on around me and see most things. I'm not sure if this is just the creative side of me coming out in a different way, but I'm unsure and would love to hear what you think!. Thanks! :)

QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Jan 26 2006, 06:26 AM) 1036533[/snapback]

How can you be so sure, unless you have a study on several different people and compare the data?

Good question. This has been done countless times before. There have been experiements all over the world involving the study of astral travel. Look up the work of: 'Stuart Blue Harary' 'Dr. Robert Morris' 'Keith Harary' 'Dr. Scott Rogo' 'William Gerhardi' Those are just a few names. The list is endless.

Let us not forget Robert Monroe ,he wrote a few books on this subject and actually has a Institute for such studies ZEB

• 2 weeks later...

Its quite starnge that lot of travellers here are recomending to wanna be travellers for night travel and to meditate at night ?

Zip up your aura and try to remove negative enrgies before you attempt to meditate or travel.

Use of crystal ball and lighting a candle will erase the negative in surrounding, pump in the room with your positive thoughts and seek help of higher souls.

You will find maximum negative entities in bar, pubs, never try to travel from there.

Entities are always around us and some are attached to us all the time. Entities from dark require lot of negativity to get attached to.

Its a parallel world going, we with our naked eyes and our senses, cant experience, see or sense the astral world.

At the end, it's all a mind game. Exposure to extreme wisdom is required to free yourself from greed, anger, lust, pain, sorrow.

Wisdom which can only be attained with help of Master or higher souls, Its like a mathmatics equation for whih you will have to learn maths, also which you can't learn on your own. After a certain point you require guidance of higher souls and only they can take you out.

Light up & lift up.

Edited by deepakupreti100us

I tried out some of these techniques last night after I found out about astral travel after suffering from sleep paralysis and browsing the forums. I became very calm and looked into the blackness behind my eyes, when I think I did feel a slight vibration but my eyes began to shake uncontrollably which felt weird and it put me off because I ended up opening my eyes :(

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Jan 26 2006, 06:00 AM) 1036513[/snapback]

I have a short attention span so I didn't bother to read your entire post (I will soon after I eat my cereal). But is it possible to astral project into an animal? My roommate claims that he can do this with cats. And I find this spooky.

Hey there,

I'm afraid this is impossible. Ironically, I've tried to 'get inside' my cat before. Doesn't work at all. original.gif

You can turn yourself into animals in astral. The experts talk about doing this.

OK. Well I just started trying AP. And when I did, my body got numb, my pulse was everywhere in my body and my heart was hammering. Then I felt almost weightless. But I couldn't seem to pull myself out of my body. Was I close? And any tips on how to get closer? Anything is appreciated :)