Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

You were there alright. Those sounds and sensations are text book. You just panicked. Also common I'm afraid.

Many thanks for your reply, Seeker79!

I have another question if you wouldn't mind, fortunately, I have the ability to completely concentrate on something that I wanna do, in fact, I could easily reach the vibration stage and hear the "sandstorm" gush 15 to 20 minutes into trying.

But I panic and freak out so much that I "snap" or "jolt" back. I wanted to know how I could get my thing together and just go! I'm jealous of you guys that can travel and explore the astral plane. I'm desperate to wander around and experience the hidden world that is the astral. Especially the Akashic Records. :(

Many thanks for your reply, Seeker79!

I have another question if you wouldn't mind, fortunately, I have the ability to completely concentrate on something that I wanna do, in fact, I could easily reach the vibration stage and hear the "sandstorm" gush 15 to 20 minutes into trying.

But I panic and freak out so much that I "snap" or "jolt" back. I wanted to know how I could get my thing together and just go! I'm jealous of you guys that can travel and explore the astral plane. I'm desperate to wander around and experience the hidden world that is the astral. Especially the Akashic Records. :(

Your just going to have to learn to keep yourself calm and surrender to the experience. When you are in vibration you should be makeing your exit. Try lifting one arm then lifting out of your body as if someone is helping you up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been very curious about astral projection, and it explains a few things I've experienced in the past (loud beeping right before sleep, sleep paralyses)

It was only yesterday that I first heard about it and what it can do, and that's what's gotten me interested, so I looked up a few guides. One of them just said to relax everything and take deep breaths, suggesting the use of binaural beats to speed the process up. All my mp3 players are unavailable to me, so I just tried the breathing exercises while laying in bed. To clear my thoughts, I just counted the number of breaths I was taking, and for a while I thought it wasn't going to work, but kept at it until I heard a very loud beeping noise that sounded like something out of a video game and it woke me with a start. Is this connected to AP?

I've been very curious about astral projection, and it explains a few things I've experienced in the past (loud beeping right before sleep, sleep paralyses)

It was only yesterday that I first heard about it and what it can do, and that's what's gotten me interested, so I looked up a few guides. One of them just said to relax everything and take deep breaths, suggesting the use of binaural beats to speed the process up. All my mp3 players are unavailable to me, so I just tried the breathing exercises while laying in bed. To clear my thoughts, I just counted the number of breaths I was taking, and for a while I thought it wasn't going to work, but kept at it until I heard a very loud beeping noise that sounded like something out of a video game and it woke me with a start. Is this connected to AP?

I have not heard that sound myself... But I have heard of it. It's probably just above the place you want to be. The universal astral noises are a severe white noise like a jet engine or a buzzing, both of which are so powerful you will have no doubt.

I've been following this thread and I just learned about astral projection a few weeks ago. I started out by trying to learn how to lucid dream. I started writing down my dreams and doing reality checks through out the day. This hasn't worked so far and I haven't been able to be aware in my dreams. Today, I decided to take a quick nap after I got home and decided to use binaural beats. As I layed there, I started to feel my body getting numb, about 20 mins. in, I got the vibrations. This was amazing as I never felt this before. I could feel the vibrations strongly around my chest and hand areas. My heart started beating really fast then I got very excited and it stopped.

This really shocked me because this is the first I ever felt this. All this only took about 20 mins so I decided to try this again. I got the vibration feeling so this time, i tried to exit. After getting the vibrations, i started seeing flashes too (with my eyes closed of course), then I was trying physically to get up. It didn't work and I woke up. I definitely will keep practicing this, and hopefully I can actually project soon.

I have a quick question about sleep paralysis though. I've never experienced this and I was wondering when would you experience this when trying to astral project? Is sleep paralysis required when you project?

• 2 weeks later...

finally finish reading 125 pages from a weak! :tu:

so is socrates here anymore?

i tried AP for several time.one night i tried to AP & felt a sleep.I dream jumping from high hill & flying , suddenly i get buzing & rushing sound from near my ear, I notice im in my bed.I feel puling out from my body. I so scared & tring to stop that weard thing, & i see my leg is binded by white fog or somthing (Im not sure im see it by my phisical eyes) so I get so much scared & call god for help & next sec. I wakeup in my bed.

is this good to see white fog in my leg?

Edited by victoryvaibhav

I read full page & I realise Me, Spiritwithin & The_purple_astraonaut, we three are in the same stage , same feeling & for 1st time feeling it ;-)

Edited by victoryvaibhav

finally finish reading 125 pages from a weak! :tu:

so is socrates here anymore?

i tried AP for several time.one night i tried to AP & felt a sleep.I dream jumping from high hill & flying , suddenly i get buzing & rushing sound from near my ear, I notice im in my bed.I feel puling out from my body. I so scared & tring to stop that weard thing, & i see my leg is binded by white fog or somthing (Im not sure im see it by my phisical eyes) so I get so much scared & call god for help & next sec. I wakeup in my bed.

is this good to see white fog in my leg?

You are perceiving something. It takes a while to understand your own symbols.

So Im in the right track for APing or that was just a dream ?

Btw its late night here & im tring my luck to APing now.

So Im in the right track for APing or that was just a dream ?

Btw its late night here & im tring my luck to APing now.

Yes... You gave got the stages of conciousness, but you are going to have to relax and give up the fear reaction.

• Like 1

well hello sephiroth976,

glad to see you here still in this forum.

I want to know about ur website coz its not working & what about ur flash game of AP

what about ur APing experience Im sure you get succeeded in it & tell us about ur experiencess(im sorry if you already wright about it.im still on page near 132... lol )

Can some one tell about Akashic record ?

its good if we see our past (may be future) to improve ourself.

Well, i've had no luck at all lately. I just don't seem dedicated right now though. It's so easy to lose focus when you have other things to worry about, and your mind is just tired out from the day. I've kinda stopped meditating and doing chakra exercises too, so hopefully when spring break rolls around, i'll have more time to practice astral projection.

I really hope astral projection helps me figure out my path in life, because once I graduate from college, I really have no idea what i'll do in life. I want to know my past lives and my purpose here on earth. I don't want to astral project just for the fun of it, i'm doing this to find information, and grow spiritually. I really hope this will help me grow as a person because I definitely need this.

• 3 weeks later...

I have accidentally done this two months ago: After helping my parents with a lot of yard work, i went downstairs and felll asleep on the couch. In my dream I went upstairs into the kitchen and my sister was eating a bowl of cereal. Later i woke up from whatever i was doing in the dream (I can't remember everything) and I went upstairs to see my sister eating a bowl of cereal. The my dad comes out of his room and says, "Really, you're eating another bowl of cereal. You just had one an hour ago." I got sort of freaked out because i saw her eating in my dream some hour ago. There was also another experience in an early time, but i forgot. Can astral traveling be triggered by something you ate or did that prevents you from realizing you did it?

Can astral traveling be triggered by something you ate or did that prevents you from realizing you did it?

Some food can cause people to have strange dreams. But i have never heard of any type of food preventing someone from astral traveling.

Oh my god, last night I attempted your technique and modified it a little, and the strangest thing happened to me.

I was lying in bed. 12 midnight. I closed my eyes and hugged my bolster and remained still. I begin to form an image in my mind, I imagined I was as light as a feather and that my astral form was hovering above my physical body. I was wide awake, not even in the hypnogogic state yet. I focused on the image as hard as I could while I relaxed my entire body. Then weird things happened seconds later.

First, I heard 3 types of sounds:

1) A popping sound beside my left ear, as if a balloon had burst.

2) Scuttling sounds, like many insectoid legs moving across the marble floor.

3) A piano being played. The sound i heard was always the same tune, and increased in frequency the harder i thought about trying to astral project. (But who the hell would be playing the piano late at night? The sound came from everywhere!)

Next, I began to feel my entire body trembling, as if I were shivering. Then, the vibrations assaulted me and my body shook. I could hear voices all about me, but none were calling me name. I did not understand them. Then I felt a force shove me right back down into my pillow and I opened my eyes. (I was wide awake during this entire experience, so I couldnt have been dreaming).

It didnt take alot of effort to attempt to project, though it being my first time doing it intentionally. But it scared the hell out of me. Tonight I will do it again. By the way, last night after that first experience i tried unsuccessfuly a few more times to project but i wasnt able to.

Oh, and I felt as if I had entered an entirely new realm during that brief experience.

I made this post 7 years ago when I was 16. Now I am 23 and I have never again managed to successfully accomplish this since that incident so long ago. I believe a huge part of what made my first attempt successful was my sheer determination and willpower, since I had just got extremely interested in AP and that probably helped me succeed. I have also realised that what I experienced was unlikely to be AP (over the years I have begun to doubt AP) but induced sleep paralysis by conscious willpower. I have tried hundreds of nights but never induced it again.

Edited by Ashiene
  • Like 1

Some food can cause people to have strange dreams. But i have never heard of any type of food preventing someone from astral traveling.

Alcohol prevents it.

I'm too young for alchohol, but do you have to have a certain religion to do it? Chritian, Catholic, Pagan, Wiccan?

No you dont have to belong to any single religion in order to practice AP.

Edited by stevemagegod

I'm too young for alchohol, but do you have to have a certain religion to do it? Chritian, Catholic, Pagan, Wiccan?

No but if you are Christian or Muslim, you may want to check with your spiritual leader first. I thinks it's pretty much forbidden or frowned upon.

Has anyone here ever experienced Exploding Head Syndrome before?

Edited by stevemagegod

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very excited to try your method. I've tried others (they usually involve focusing on a point on the ceiling or imagining a rope attaching down from the ceiling and pulling yourself out) and they haven't really worked. I get very... tingly (?) but I feel like I can't calm my mind enough. I'm always very aware of what's happening. How active should your mind/thoughts be when trying this because I feel like it's my constant thinking that keeps me grounded but it's not like you can turn that off. I can lucid dream but not so much lately. My lucid dreaming first started when I was young about eight and I had this horrible nightmare and one night I woke myself up and made myself go back to sleep and change the dream little by little and do this constantly until the dream became something good. I used to also have a lot of dreams where I was in my house exactly as it was at that moment and i would be moving around it doing nothing special but i would get weird frights like something was after me and my movements would get like... like i was moving through molasses but i was afraid. Since then I've been able to control what I dream about and what goes on within the dream while I'm dreaming and of course I'm usually aware that I am dreaming. I also get dejavu very frequently and often very intensely. This happens a lot especially with places. It's a bit different than usual dejavu in that sometimes I can have a dream (a regular nonsensical dream) that takes place in a location I have never seen or been to or heard of before and then suddenly in life I'll be going somewhere in life and I'll see that place I dreamed about and I'll be so shocked that it's real because holy cow I thought that place was just made up in my head!! All this amongst other things, I just wanted to give a few examples about how I feel like I'm close to something but I can't quite seem to reach it.

Edited by sleepwalkerindreamerscloth

• 1 month later...

I've heard of astro traveling before but I never thought that I would be able to do it or if it was true. Anyway I woke up early this morning to my alarm but dozed back off as I was tired as I stayed up late last night. Then all I remember was waking up on my back and looking at the ceiling. Next I went really light headed as if I was sinking and my vision went blurry. As I looked up at the ceiling I felt like the light getting darker and darker. Then all I remember was like a loud noise in my ear like roaring of traffic and extremely bad vibrations. As I have never experienced anything like this before I was totally freaking out and tried to move my hands and legs but couldn't as I felt paralysed. I completely panicked and managed to move my hands better and the noise and vibration completely went and I sat up shaking. I quickly grabbed my phone and typed in what had happened on Google and astro travel came up. I'm a bit shocked but intrigued as I've been reading up stories all day and people are saying you can travel wherever you want and you can see past on loved ones! If this is not the first steps to astro traveling could someone please let me no and also if I could learn to control this so I could learn to astro travel.

I cant ever seem to get out of the body. Or im starting to seperate and just cant. The vibrational stage is easy for me to get to, I just dont know what to expect after that. I dont know if ill suddenly find myself somewhere else, or if it looks just like im getting up in my physical body but im really not?

Hi...i noe dis is a pretty old post...bt i recently got interested in this topic n found your post thru google..i got an accout specially to ask a few questions n participate in d discussion ...

Im 18 yrs old..n ws thinking abt trying astral projection..wud my age affect my chances of my attempt being successful..? Is it possible to talk to ppl in d real physical world wen ur in d astral plane..? Wud really appreciated any more information u cud provide...i really want a successful attempt..thanks :)