Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Hi...i noe dis is a pretty old post...bt i recently got interested in this topic n found your post thru google..i got an accout specially to ask a few questions n participate in d discussion ...

Im 18 yrs old..n ws thinking abt trying astral projection..wud my age affect my chances of my attempt being successful..? Is it possible to talk to ppl in d real physical world wen ur in d astral plane..? Wud really appreciated any more information u cud provide...i really want a successful attempt..thanks :)

You should go to this thread and start from the beginning.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

To answer this question.... Yes I believe so. If the person is sensitive they might be conscious of something. If not then their astral body/spirit/subconscious will be aware of your communication, but generally while someone is awake, they will be very irritated. Their Subconscious is working very hard keeping the person alert. It does not like to be bothered. 9 times out of 10 their spirit will snap at you. It's like interfeating with a 12 yearold while playing a video game.

No your actual age does not matter at all, but certain things about young people may not help but that really depends on the person.

Ok thanx a lott :) ... m really excited to try it out soon...hv u tried urself? After how many tries does normally one manage to achieve this? M nt a person who usually has a good concentration n patience level..i mean i cant even read a book for half an hr widout getting bored..so for a person lyk me cn i estimate d no. of attempts i may need to do it?? But i do hv a hell lot of determination n interest abt this..so what shud i estimate?

N yea ..m also dying to hv a conversion wid d guy dat started this thread...he seems a total pro at this :)..bt he hasnt posted for quite a while..d thread ws started lyk 5 years ago...ziggy stardust..wer r u :'(

Edited by utpat.fuzzy

Ok thanx a lott :) ... m really excited to try it out soon...hv u tried urself? After how many tries does normally one manage to achieve this? M nt a person who usually has a good concentration n patience level..i mean i cant even read a book for half an hr widout getting bored..so for a person lyk me cn i estimate d no. of attempts i may need to do it?? But i do hv a hell lot of determination n interest abt this..so what shud i estimate?

Yes I have done a lot of experimenting out of body. It's difficult to say how long it will take you. Sometimes people are naturally prone to and it happens spontaneously all the time. Other times some people take years. The problem with me estimating how long it takes people is that it's difficult for me to tell how consistent they are really being. Your best bet with anything you want to gain skill in is practice 2-3 times a week if possible on a set schedule.

A lot of people have concentration problems. But it's not necessarily concentration that you need to have. Relaxation is key. I get boared easily to. Any of these issues that might hold you back you would want to conquer for the simple fact that it would hold you back from anything.

• Like 1

Okay...i ws thinking of trying it tonight...one more question if m nt really a pain in d neck..i noe u said go thru d thread bt its REALLY long..lol..i gt to d first 50 out of more dan 300 posts.:P..anyway my question ws wud i be able to touch or move anything if i wanted to during a.p ..wud u pls share any of ur experiences ..i wud luv to here d best one in detail if ur up for it... :)

Okay...i ws thinking of trying it tonight...one more question if m nt really a pain in d neck..i noe u said go thru d thread bt its REALLY long..lol..i gt to d first 50 out of more dan 300 posts.:P..anyway my question ws wud i be able to touch or move anything if i wanted to during a.p ..wud u pls share any of ur experiences ..i wud luv to here d best one in detail if ur up for it... :)

You can touch things and people even the insides of things, bit it's in a non physical reality. It's not going to move or be affected in the physical world.

I don't blog my experiences anymore I have decided to keep most of them to myself, but you can flow several years of experiences here.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493

I listened to binaural beats trying to make me relax more. What happened was I was in sleep paralysis for 51 minutes without getting to the vibrational stage for the first time ever. It seems it kept me in a trance and unable to focus on leaving the body. I never got to the vibrational state. I think maybe the type of wave (theta beta etc) can have different effects on meditation.

I listened to binaural beats trying to make me relax more. What happened was I was in sleep paralysis for 51 minutes without getting to the vibrational stage for the first time ever. It seems it kept me in a trance and unable to focus on leaving the body. I never got to the vibrational state. I think maybe the type of wave (theta beta etc) can have different effects on meditation.

I certainly does. When I was trying beats the binural beats did not go well with me. Shamanic drumming works much better and if the spirit flute is thrown in the sound of the flute can carry you into guided places

words words

I tried ap last night....i think i gt to d vibrational stage...but dat ws as far as i cud get...i kept getting jolted back even though i kept picturing myself hovering over my own body...and also i strongly felt my pulse throbbing all over body...ws i close?

I made this post 7 years ago when I was 16. Now I am 23 and I have never again managed to successfully accomplish this since that incident so long ago. I believe a huge part of what made my first attempt successful was my sheer determination and willpower, since I had just got extremely interested in AP and that probably helped me succeed. I have also realised that what I experienced was unlikely to be AP (over the years I have begun to doubt AP) but induced sleep paralysis by conscious willpower. I have tried hundreds of nights but never induced it again.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums but I have a lot of experience with OBEs/APs. I strongly suggest trying in the early morning as your brain chemistry is optimal. Here's a method that works consistently for me which is very similar to the OPs method :

1. Go to sleep.

2. Catch yourself between dreams while you're sleeping (usually early morning). Set an alarm to wake yourself if needed (at approximately 4 hours after you have been sleeping). This is quite possibly the most difficult step. The goal is to catch yourself at the sleep/awake threshold.

3. Lay perfectly still and notice your breathing, heartbeat, or the darkness behind your closed eyelids as you drift back to sleep. I say "notice" because you do not want to actively think about it. The idea is to hover between the sleep/awake threshold. Actively thinking will wake us up, which will make it more difficult to achieve the mind awake body sleep state.

4. Shortly after, you will most likely begin to feel sensations commonly associated with the onset of an OBE. These include vibrations, paralysis, or ringing in your ears. You may experience some, all, or none of these sensations. In some cases, you may bypass this stage altogether and "phase" into an environment (which might appear as a thought evolving into an interactable environment).

From here, you want to use one of the many handy dandy exit techniques available. I can suggest some particular techniques depending on the combination of sensations you typically experIence. For instance, I hardly get sleep paralysis but most times get strong vibrations. I've found that just getting out of bed as I normally would works if I let the vibrations die down a little first.

Best of luck! If you have any questions please ask!

Edited by all16universes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried ap last night....i think i gt to d vibrational stage...but dat ws as far as i cud get...i kept getting jolted back even though i kept picturing myself hovering over my own body...and also i strongly felt my pulse throbbing all over body...ws i close?

• 2 weeks later...

Just one simple question, the so called "mantra" in this technique: "I'm going to astral travel, "I'm going to leave my body", should I say it in english or in my native tongue?

Just one simple question, the so called "mantra" in this technique: "I'm going to astral travel, "I'm going to leave my body", should I say it in english or in my native tongue?

Doesn't matter what language you use.

• Like 2

Yes, the language is not important. What you're doing is setting the intention of projecting.

• Like 2

Hey guys lately i have been having trouble entering the Vibration Stage of AP. I haven't had a good one in a while. Do you guys have any tips on how to reach the stage easier? The last time i managed to get to it i was slightly sleep deprived and in that "Twilight Zone", of Sleep which seems to be the key to entering that stage from my personal experience.

Edited by stevemagegod

Hey guys lately i have been having trouble entering the Vibration Stage of AP. I haven't had a good one in a while. Do you guys have any tips on how to reach the stage easier? The last time i managed to get to it i was slightly sleep deprived and in that "Twilight Zone", of Sleep which seems to be the key to entering that stage from my personal experience.

You should explain exactly what you are currently trying. When and how.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me accidentally for the first time a few nights ago. I believe so anywhays. Cept right as I was about to leave my body is panic n "wake up" (thought I might b dreaming) is dose of n it felt like "something" was pulling on me. After a full night of feeli like someone/something was tryn to pull me of my bed, I got curious n have so many questions? Was this a dream? Will it happen again? Why did it happen?

Edited by mamajo81

This happened to me accidentally for the first time a few nights ago. I believe so anywhays. Cept right as I was about to leave my body is panic n "wake up" (thought I might b dreaming) is dose of n it felt like "something" was pulling on me. After a full night of feeli like someone/something was tryn to pull me of my bed, I got curious n have so many questions? Was this a dream? Will it happen again? Why did it happen?

It might continue to happen. Sometimes it resolves itself. My guess is that guides are trying to get your attention. It can be pretty harrowing at first, there are plenty of people myself included that are here for support. Welcome to Um.

Edited by White Crane Feather

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MamaJo ....your story is similar for how it started in my case. More in the past 3 years than ever. I would feel as if my feet were being pulled up and I was hanging upside down and other strange sensation that seemed physical but now I know they were not. I believe I was a bit freaked out but a prayer (intention) of white light protection seemed to help. If you don't want it to continue you can stop it with intention. For me though, this got me curious and I began to purposefully wake up in the early morning hrs around 4-5am. Stay awake for a bit then lay back down. Often in a different location..like a couch. I would relax and try to sleep while I would listen to something meditative and spiritual (something that I was already used to ...nothing new...that's my process anyway..). Very long and weird stories short...I began to "pull" myself out of my own skin.Like I have a body inside of a body. I've gotten to the point now that I think consciously "OK...I'm going to go now". (must be in the near sleep state but strangely still alert) Its become easier. Sometimes I find myself in my house. Other times I feel like I'm walking through quicksand and cant seem to get far and it maybe dark but I'm not scared. I have come across strange things that I can only think are other dimensions. The further away i get the less my body become an issue and I seem to be able to fly. Just this morning I was "watching" (sounds crazy to me as well) some people work on a boat motor in their garage. It is like I'm a ghost when I see people. There have been a few times that people seem to notice me and send me back. It's all so much the bottom line is...who knows??? One thing that bothers me is that as much as I'm curious I also have a sensation that I'm doing something "naughty". Maybe this isn't a natural thing to do and I should leave it alone. Thanks for reading...first post

Edited by bamboozld

• 1 month later...

I tried this last night. I meditated for what felt like about five minutes to clear my head and then started repeating I will astral project. When I stopped repeating that I felt like I had fallen asleep and I don't know how long I felt that way before I jerked up in my bed. Was that the beginning of astral projection or is that just me having a dream I was falling?

What you are doing is astral projection.......the information in your minds eye is very very accurate even if your not aware of this yourself. It is an a typical dream state where either a very active mind or sometime a slightly sedated mind can control what your viewing, this often starts with the mind constructing a world that you are familiar with e.g. your bedroom. You may not be aware of the infinite details your mind has stored to enable it to construct such an accurate image but believe me it has, and to this that it can reconstruct an image of you that you would believe to be you....how because your mind sees you every day.....in a mirror in a window etc.....it knows exactly what you look like.

• Like 1

is an angel with a golden broadsword of any meaning

is an angel with a golden broadsword of any meaning

It certainly is, but context and personal context is very important. Something's fit pretty well in to archetypical collective unconscious symbology, others don't. How exactly did you come to this image?

• 1 month later...

An experience I had over a year ago (while I was 14, however I am now 16) is starting to make a lot more sense now. All this time I thought it was a dream, but now I believe it was astral projection. In my experience I "woke up" and saw a man at the side of my bed. It's a big difficult to remember but I can recall a blue light behind him. I was really scared because I couldn't move and I wasn't sure how he had gotten into my room. He smiled at me and put his hand down near my body like he was trying to tell me to go back to sleep. Instantly I was at ease and I felt my body relaxing. I woke up crying and thinking he was some sort of angel. I wasn't even trying to achieve astral projection let alone did I know what it was. Now that I know what it is I'd like to attempt it for real this time, and I'd like to see if I can find this mystery man again. For some reason lately after so much time I've been drawn to see him (might there be a reason for that?) I'm somewhat afraid to do it though. I've heard that demons try to lure you out of your body and take it over. Is this true?

I'd appreciate any help you could give me, also if there's any way you could tell me who this man might be

Thanks so much :D