Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

An experience I had over a year ago (while I was 14, however I am now 16) is starting to make a lot more sense now. All this time I thought it was a dream, but now I believe it was astral projection. In my experience I "woke up" and saw a man at the side of my bed. It's a big difficult to remember but I can recall a blue light behind him. I was really scared because I couldn't move and I wasn't sure how he had gotten into my room. He smiled at me and put his hand down near my body like he was trying to tell me to go back to sleep. Instantly I was at ease and I felt my body relaxing. I woke up crying and thinking he was some sort of angel. I wasn't even trying to achieve astral projection let alone did I know what it was. Now that I know what it is I'd like to attempt it for real this time, and I'd like to see if I can find this mystery man again. For some reason lately after so much time I've been drawn to see him (might there be a reason for that?) I'm somewhat afraid to do it though. I've heard that demons try to lure you out of your body and take it over. Is this true?

I'd appreciate any help you could give me, also if there's any way you could tell me who this man might be

Thanks so much :D

He might have been who you originally thought he was. Don't worry about demons.

Hey guys so i was taking a nap while trying to practice AP by keeping my mind awake while my body sleeps and I happen to hear this loud bang inside of my head before my body "feel a sleep". Have any of you guys experience this type of sensation before? This isn't the first time that i have experienced this sensation and happens occasionally when i am trying to fall a sleep normally. The Electric Shock sensation happens more times than this loud bang does.

Hey guys so i was taking a nap while trying to practice AP by keeping my mind awake while my body sleeps and I happen to hear this loud bang inside of my head before my body "feel a sleep". Have any of you guys experience this type of sensation before? This isn't the first time that i have experienced this sensation and happens occasionally when i am trying to fall a sleep normally. The Electric Shock sensation happens more times than this loud bang does.

Exsploding head syndrome. ;) part of altered state experiences. A reintegration of sorts. ;)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Exsploding head syndrome. ;) part of altered state experiences. A reintegration of sorts. ;)

http://en.m.wikipedi...g_head_syndrome

So then i did achieve an altered state of consciousness then? Because when i had my nap after this bang happened i started seeing "through my eyes" when i knew i had my eyes closed. The images that i was seeing were faint but i could definitely see a couple of objects through my eyes that i recognized that i knew were right next to me. Is this a form of AP or is it Small scale Remote Viewing?

You were seeing through your third eye sight - I feel it is easier to see it the following way than play into the labels; that if you are bypassing your physical eye sight to 'see and perceive' tehn you are reading from your 'true inner vision' -- that is a shift of awareness to your higher sensory perceptions which ever label you give it.

Although some people/institutions are very category strict and say there is a difference between ap, remote viewing, clairvoyancy, i don't tend to bother going oh i am now remote viewing, but 2 mins ago i was astral projecting, and now that i see a spirit over there, so now i am using my clairvoayncy.lol

Arg I have tried to define it as a label and I'm not happy to do so I, just can't !

Really the question should be, what part of you was operating through your eyes. You ( astral body) or your higher self ( 5d energy body) ? see this is why i can't make labels because it never stops progressing and evolving and involves multiple bodies/levels of consciousness. The further you go with this the more it becomes about, are you perceiving in live time or out of time. What dimension are you perceiving from ?

I think one way to compact it and keep it simple is if you are dealing with just the 3d level in live time, then call it remote viewing. If you are seeing things outside of time, ie in the future or past as well as current, then astral projection / clairvoyancy.

I'm sure someone else can answer this question better than I, i just find it difficult and unnecessary to have to label these things and am more interested in the latter type questions when it comes discussing with people where their perceptions are parked on the scale.

• Like 2

You were seeing through your third eye sight - I feel it is easier to see it the following way than play into the labels; that if you are bypassing your physical eye sight to 'see and perceive' tehn you are reading from your 'true inner vision' -- that is a shift of awareness to your higher sensory perceptions which ever label you give it.

Although some people/institutions are very category strict and say there is a difference between ap, remote viewing, clairvoyancy, i don't tend to bother going oh i am now remote viewing, but 2 mins ago i was astral projecting, and now that i see a spirit over there, so now i am using my clairvoayncy.lol

Arg I have tried to define it as a label and I'm not happy to do so I, just can't !

Really the question should be, what part of you was operating through your eyes. You ( astral body) or your higher self ( 5d energy body) ? see this is why i can't make labels because it never stops progressing and evolving and involves multiple bodies/levels of consciousness. The further you go with this the more it becomes about, are you perceiving in live time or out of time. What dimension are you perceiving from ?

I think one way to compact it and keep it simple is if you are dealing with just the 3d level in live time, then call it remote viewing. If you are seeing things outside of time, ie in the future or past as well as current, then astral projection / clairvoyancy.

I'm sure someone else can answer this question better than I, i just find it difficult and unnecessary to have to label these things and am more interested in the latter type questions when it comes discussing with people where their perceptions are parked on the scale.

You make a good point about not labeling. However if there is a label to the category that the symptoms fall under it just makes it easier to Google Search it lol. And see what kind of techniques are needed to gain further control over it.

So then i did achieve an altered state of consciousness then? Because when i had my nap after this bang happened i started seeing "through my eyes" when i knew i had my eyes closed. The images that i was seeing were faint but i could definitely see a couple of objects through my eyes that i recognized that i knew were right next to me. Is this a form of AP or is it Small scale Remote Viewing?

Your "third eye". At that stage I can usually make out the outlines of my room.

My personal theory on "exploding head" is when memories are reintegrated or downloaded if you will back into the physical. If you are conscious of this it often manifests as a loud bang. It's made me leap out if bed before and search my house for intruders. It's manifested as a shattering noise before, and one time ( though I don't think it's related) my entire house decompressed even my ears. Very interesting.

• Like 1

It's tough not to label when we are communicating with words. That's what words are... Labels. How does one describe anger or sadness with resorting to explaining what actions or colors one associates with these emotions. It can't be done, because emotions simply are not words, nor can a word capture the essence of an emotion. Guides do not use words when communicating most of the time for me now. Sometimes when on the journey they do, but most of the time it's a sort of knowing. It's the same thing with altered states and avenues of the mind. I want to show people how to get to a particular place, I wAnt to show them a path through their consciousness, but I am completely unable to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. Thanx.

Its a matter of us being able to control ( or better said - to influence ) our subconscious. Maybe subconscious would be Astral body for us.

Before we start sleeping, just few moments before dreams take over conscious mind... Our subconscious is open to suggestions in those few moments and if we repeat that suggestion many times it will surely find their way into subconscious mind ( which is easy to achieve if u try and believe ) and into our way of thinking as a result.

One advice... Care about what u 'place' in your subconscious mind cuz it can change u in many ways. In both negative and positive way :)

• 3 months later...

Wow Socrates.. Good Post..

This has happened to me so many times it's almost unbelievable.. It's usually a feeling of floating and then there is a feeling of another being in the room.. that's when in the past it has always started to freak me out big time, because i know that it wasn't quite a dream because I was awake enough to actually know things that were going on in the real world.

Whenever this sort of thing has happened in the past (honestly about 3 times a week) I'm actually able to get a mumble/scream out to my girlfriend who then wakes me up and the paralysis that was apparent at the same time as the entity is able to go away once she "yanks me back in my body." or so to speak.

Do you have any tips for me specifically? I'm definitely going to try some of the things you brought up, but i was wondering what my experience sounded like to you.

It's really hard to not be freaked out feeling that there's a presence in the room, especially when it seems more like an intruder than something good.

Do you think i'm beginning to astral travel, but am keeping myself back?

Thanks for your help! I'll certainly be more open minded about this sort of thing.

(I'm a big time skeptic and pessimist, so it's a bit tricky to convince myself of the possibility of these things.) grin2.gif

The "other being in the room, is you". You're just doing what all of us do most every night. People have varying degrees of awareness of this phenomenon. It is accurately called an out-of-body condition. Not so much 'astral-traveling', though astral-traveling is an out-of-body experience. Next time it happens, try thinking calmly, "let's go outside"... see what happens. Nothing to fear.

• 1 month later...

I can aknowledge to - A bright white/blue light

- A rushing or popping sound and other sensations

But when a sensation comes surprisingly and I suddenly put my attention on it even if am relaxed it disappears but when I don't concentrate on it, it come backs. Then i am left going in circles.

Why is this?

Edited by Mystery Flyer

• 3 weeks later...

To some of you, the idea of astral travel, (astral projection, OBE) may seem completely insane. It did to me once too. But I decided to try it anyway, and had amazing results.

-

Astral travel has been practised throughout history - and there have been thousands of documented scientific experiements confirming that astral travel is real.

People seek therapy because they 'wake up paralyzed and rigid' (sleep paralysis, a close component of astral travel) 'Wake up and see strange beings around them' (entities found in the astral plane) 'Find themselves floating or vibrating violently, or engulfed in a bright light' (sensations felt as the astral body leaves the physical body) Some people have even gone so far as to say their astral experiences are alien encounters.

-

And, there are those who resent astral travel and/or refuse to beleive it is possible at all. Perhaps for one or more of the following reasons:

1. They beleive that astral experiences are actually dreams. (Wrong. Astral travel is a fully conscious experience, as thousands of people have confirmed worldwide.)

2. They beleive that those who claim to astral travel are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. (Wrong again. Drugs or Alcohol actually hinder astral travel. Furthermore, most people who astral travel began astral travelling at a very young age - 6 to 12.)

3. They beleive what people describe as an astral experience is actually an alien abduction. (Thrice wrong. Although, waking paralyzed, seeing strange entities, and being engulfed in a blinding white light may be likened to an alien abduction, such symptoms are components of the first stages of astral travel.)

4. They beleive people claim to be able to astral travel for publicity, money, or attention in general. (Indeed, some people may use astral travel for such a purpose, or claim that they are able to astral travel when in actuality they cannot. However, astral travel is an enlightening spiritual experience, and he or she who has astral travelled normally understands the importance of keeping such a controvertial hobby quiet. Furthermore, it is commonly known that if one astral travels for selfish or evil purposes, they are likely to find themselves attracting unpleasant entities.)

5. They beleive astral travel is evil, and a sin unto god. (A misconception. As said above, astral travel is a spiritually enlightening and developing experience, not an evil or sinful one. The bible actually talkes about astral travel on several occasions; it describes people as being "in the spirit" while receiving prophecy. Terminology of astral projection is also found in:

Ecclesiastes 12:6-12:7:

"Remember [your Creator] — before the silver cord is severed,

or the golden bowl is broken;

before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,

or the wheel broken at the well,

and the dust returns to the ground it came from,

and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

The passage is talking about what happens when we die.

The silver cord this passage talks about exists when one projects. It links the physical body to the astral one. Don't worry - It can only be severed if we die in the physical world. The golden bowl refers to the 'crown chakra' the main energy center of the body, used to project. Biblical Scholars attribute these lines to astral projection or the astral body in general.

Those are some of the more common reasons people resent or refuse to beleive astral travel is possible. Hopefully I have cleared up some of the myths associated with this phenomena.

-

Here is a technique for astral travel. I bluntly call it the '4 in the morning technique' I have tried many methods over the past two years, and this one had the best results. I have written it out in steps. It involves getting up at 4 o'clock in the morning - a little extra effort, but it is by far worth it. The reasons for waking up at 4 in the morning are:

- You will be drowsy and it will be easier to clear your head.

- You will drift off to sleep much faster.

- You will have gotten up for a purpose; your body and mind will be tuned to what you are trying to achieve.

A note to those who are skeptical about astral travel but still wish to try it: You <i>must</i> keep an open mind while attempting to project. Any negative thoughts or feelings will certainly hold you back. Stay positive, open, and willing.

The technique is as follows:

Set your alarm for 4 o'clock in the morning.

Allow yourself to drift asleep.

At four in the morning, the alarm will wake you. Get out of bed turn on the light, and splash water on your face. Dry your face with a towell.

After about two minutes, get back in bed. Lie on your back.

You will most likely be feeling groggy and tired. Your mind will be eager to get back to sleep.

Close your eyes, and clear your mind. This should be easy because you are so tired.

Now, imagine you are standing somewhere in your room. Perhaps in the far corner. Vividly see yourself standing there. Know that you are standing there, and that your body is still lying on the bed. Focus your whole mind on this concept.

While working on that, begin a simple affirmation in your head. "I am going to astral travel. I am going to leave my body." Say it in your head, over and over, while imagining you are on the other side of the room.

While you are doing this, you will begin to drift back to sleep. Slowly, your mind will begin to cloud. Make sure that the concept of standing elsewhere in your room is the last thing that goes through your mind before you are asleep.

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating

- Sinking

- Vibrations

- A bright white/blue light

- A rushing or popping sound

- Starnge noises; someone calling your name

- A jolt

If you experience one or more of these sensations for the first time, it may be frightening. But know that they are positive signs; signs that let you know you're about to project.

Almost always, apon feeling a strange sensation, the person trying to project gets such a fright that he/she is jolted back into their body. If this happens to you, allow yourself to fall asleep and try again the next night, knowing presently that there is nothing to fear.

If you find yourself outside your body, do not stay out for too long the first time. Float about your room, become used to the physics of the astral plane, and then will yourself back into your body. You can start exploring after a 24 hour break. There may be a guide waiting for you. This guide will watch over you and take you where you please. Talk briefly with the guide, and say you will project again in 24 hours.

When 24 hours pass, you will be ready to explore and venture further than your room. You may not even have to use drifting off to sleep as a medium for astral travel.

If, after several attempts, you still have not projected, do not be detered. It is likely you will have felt some of the sensations above while trying, and this is a positive sign. You must remember that it is a matter of willpower. You can't just casually attempt to project in a one-off scenario. Think about astral travel throughout the day. Buy a book on astral travel. Attempt to astral travel everynight. Eventually, I gurantee, you will get out.

-

That's all I have time for at the moment. If you have any questions about the technique I listed, or about astral travel or the astral plane, send me a PM. I will be happy to help.

astral travel together, sound pretty cool, but how do i find anyone that there are??? it just so lonely sometimes when i done it and i dare not to share with because i afraid my friend would state me as crazy

• 1 month later...

hi

I had been trying to do it so far but it is not getting through

and i am will to do it need some guidline so that i can do it

so please suggest me

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning!

I just wanted to say that I've been trying to astral travel for a while and I never really got down a good technique for it. I haven't tried this yet (and it's doubtful that you'll read this since your original post was eight years ago) but I'll be trying it tonight, since I don't have work tomorrow. I'm hoping for conclusive results; I already have that 'jolting' feeling a lot of people have talked about, and I've had those strange whispers, so maybe I just need the right mindset/technique to give myself a boost.

More on this in 24 hours, I guess!

Good morning!

I just wanted to say that I've been trying to astral travel for a while and I never really got down a good technique for it. I haven't tried this yet (and it's doubtful that you'll read this since your original post was eight years ago) but I'll be trying it tonight, since I don't have work tomorrow. I'm hoping for conclusive results; I already have that 'jolting' feeling a lot of people have talked about, and I've had those strange whispers, so maybe I just need the right mindset/technique to give myself a boost.

More on this in 24 hours, I guess!

Try in the morning.

• Like 1