Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

You see things with your awareness. I guess you can call it your mind. Blind people since birth that project see things with their sense of touch 360 degrees. It's quite amazing to read their discriptions.

I do have an ansewer for you. As I came to this by exploring my sleep pralysis aswell. You are a natural and with a liitle work you are going to have a great time.

The reason you are fearful is because of your experiences. Fear jars and excites us. It is the most powerful experental emotion. The road into spirit travel also has a barier. Fear is that barier. It's a gate keeper..... A guardian. Most people who travel in spirit have to face it somehow it's such a common theme it's written about. I can varify because it happened to me before I read about it. Your fear will end if you take control with a regular practice. If you can practice during the daylight hours you will also avoid a lot of fear. We are naturally afraid of the dark. Give it s shot. Your sleep pralysis will be cured.

Thank You, it makes sense. However I haven't experienced sleep paralysis in a while, so could this cause it to come back?? Not too concerned, Im not really frightened by it anymore because I learned to snap out of it. I was just wondering. When I decide to try Ill let you know how it goes.

I do have a question about something else. A little over a year ago I started experimenting with my dreams. I've occasionally had preminition dreams, so I read alot of books on dreams. In one of them I read something that really intrested me. It was a way to ask a spirit guide to come tru in your dreams, I attempted it. For a while I didn't feel like anything was happening, I couldn't remember my dreams which is RARE. So i gave it up a few days later. Then I realized I had been constantly thinking about owls. I have really developed a love for owls since then. Could this be my spirit guide? Could it have subconsiesly engraved it instead of allowing me to see it in my dreams??

Thank You, it makes sense. However I haven't experienced sleep paralysis in a while, so could this cause it to come back?? Not too concerned, Im not really frightened by it anymore because I learned to snap out of it. I was just wondering. When I decide to try Ill let you know how it goes.

I do have a question about something else. A little over a year ago I started experimenting with my dreams. I've occasionally had preminition dreams, so I read alot of books on dreams. In one of them I read something that really intrested me. It was a way to ask a spirit guide to come tru in your dreams, I attempted it. For a while I didn't feel like anything was happening, I couldn't remember my dreams which is RARE. So i gave it up a few days later. Then I realized I had been constantly thinking about owls. I have really developed a love for owls since then. Could this be my spirit guide? Could it have subconsiesly engraved it instead of allowing me to see it in my dreams??

Possibly. Only you can decide that. Just make sure your not choosing owls because you like them. Guides are spirits, the owl would be a form the spirit guide takes for you..... A totam. When you learn to remember your spirit traveles you can ask it personally.

Use powerful afirmations before you go to bed. Like " I will remember my dreams!" say it ten times before going to sleep.

Practiceing ap will not bring back your sp aslong as you do it in the morning. You might exp sp while learning, but it will be welcomed.

The best way to be in contact with spirit guides is ap. As your awareness develops so will your memory of dreams and other things.

No totally though. I still wake up ocasionaly knowing I just had a lengthy conversation with someone, but I can't remember it.

Is it bad that I've never had a lucid dream and forget 99% of my dreams?

Quite annoying actually...

Would it affect this?

There's not much for a skeptic to say about this thread, hahahah. You're not telling us a spooky story or telling us you're a werewolf. You are giving a symple system for astral projection for those who are interested.

And you answer everybody's questions.

I love this thread!

There's not much for a skeptic to say about this thread, hahahah. You're not telling us a spooky story or telling us you're a werewolf. You are giving a symple system for astral projection for those who are interested.

I love this thread!

As do I

To some of you, the idea of astral travel, (astral projection, OBE) may seem completely insane. It did to me once too. But I decided to try it anyway, and had amazing results.

-

Astral travel has been practised throughout history - and there have been thousands of documented scientific experiements confirming that astral travel is real.

People seek therapy because they 'wake up paralyzed and rigid' (sleep paralysis, a close component of astral travel) 'Wake up and see strange beings around them' (entities found in the astral plane) 'Find themselves floating or vibrating violently, or engulfed in a bright light' (sensations felt as the astral body leaves the physical body) Some people have even gone so far as to say their astral experiences are alien encounters.

-

And, there are those who resent astral travel and/or refuse to beleive it is possible at all. Perhaps for one or more of the following reasons:

1. They beleive that astral experiences are actually dreams. (Wrong. Astral travel is a fully conscious experience, as thousands of people have confirmed worldwide.)

2. They beleive that those who claim to astral travel are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. (Wrong again. Drugs or Alcohol actually hinder astral travel. Furthermore, most people who astral travel began astral travelling at a very young age - 6 to 12.)

3. They beleive what people describe as an astral experience is actually an alien abduction. (Thrice wrong. Although, waking paralyzed, seeing strange entities, and being engulfed in a blinding white light may be likened to an alien abduction, such symptoms are components of the first stages of astral travel.)

4. They beleive people claim to be able to astral travel for publicity, money, or attention in general. (Indeed, some people may use astral travel for such a purpose, or claim that they are able to astral travel when in actuality they cannot. However, astral travel is an enlightening spiritual experience, and he or she who has astral travelled normally understands the importance of keeping such a controvertial hobby quiet. Furthermore, it is commonly known that if one astral travels for selfish or evil purposes, they are likely to find themselves attracting unpleasant entities.)

5. They beleive astral travel is evil, and a sin unto god. (A misconception. As said above, astral travel is a spiritually enlightening and developing experience, not an evil or sinful one. The bible actually talkes about astral travel on several occasions; it describes people as being "in the spirit" while receiving prophecy. Terminology of astral projection is also found in:

Ecclesiastes 12:6-12:7:

"Remember [your Creator] — before the silver cord is severed,

or the golden bowl is broken;

before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,

or the wheel broken at the well,

and the dust returns to the ground it came from,

and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

The passage is talking about what happens when we die.

The silver cord this passage talks about exists when one projects. It links the physical body to the astral one. Don't worry - It can only be severed if we die in the physical world. The golden bowl refers to the 'crown chakra' the main energy center of the body, used to project. Biblical Scholars attribute these lines to astral projection or the astral body in general.

Those are some of the more common reasons people resent or refuse to beleive astral travel is possible. Hopefully I have cleared up some of the myths associated with this phenomena.

-

Here is a technique for astral travel. I bluntly call it the '4 in the morning technique' I have tried many methods over the past two years, and this one had the best results. I have written it out in steps. It involves getting up at 4 o'clock in the morning - a little extra effort, but it is by far worth it. The reasons for waking up at 4 in the morning are:

- You will be drowsy and it will be easier to clear your head.

- You will drift off to sleep much faster.

- You will have gotten up for a purpose; your body and mind will be tuned to what you are trying to achieve.

A note to those who are skeptical about astral travel but still wish to try it: You <i>must</i> keep an open mind while attempting to project. Any negative thoughts or feelings will certainly hold you back. Stay positive, open, and willing.

The technique is as follows:

Set your alarm for 4 o'clock in the morning.

Allow yourself to drift asleep.

At four in the morning, the alarm will wake you. Get out of bed turn on the light, and splash water on your face. Dry your face with a towell.

After about two minutes, get back in bed. Lie on your back.

You will most likely be feeling groggy and tired. Your mind will be eager to get back to sleep.

Close your eyes, and clear your mind. This should be easy because you are so tired.

Now, imagine you are standing somewhere in your room. Perhaps in the far corner. Vividly see yourself standing there. Know that you are standing there, and that your body is still lying on the bed. Focus your whole mind on this concept.

While working on that, begin a simple affirmation in your head. "I am going to astral travel. I am going to leave my body." Say it in your head, over and over, while imagining you are on the other side of the room.

While you are doing this, you will begin to drift back to sleep. Slowly, your mind will begin to cloud. Make sure that the concept of standing elsewhere in your room is the last thing that goes through your mind before you are asleep.

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating

- Sinking

- Vibrations

- A bright white/blue light

- A rushing or popping sound

- Starnge noises; someone calling your name

- A jolt

If you experience one or more of these sensations for the first time, it may be frightening. But know that they are positive signs; signs that let you know you're about to project.

Almost always, apon feeling a strange sensation, the person trying to project gets such a fright that he/she is jolted back into their body. If this happens to you, allow yourself to fall asleep and try again the next night, knowing presently that there is nothing to fear.

If you find yourself outside your body, do not stay out for too long the first time. Float about your room, become used to the physics of the astral plane, and then will yourself back into your body. You can start exploring after a 24 hour break. There may be a guide waiting for you. This guide will watch over you and take you where you please. Talk briefly with the guide, and say you will project again in 24 hours.

When 24 hours pass, you will be ready to explore and venture further than your room. You may not even have to use drifting off to sleep as a medium for astral travel.

If, after several attempts, you still have not projected, do not be detered. It is likely you will have felt some of the sensations above while trying, and this is a positive sign. You must remember that it is a matter of willpower. You can't just casually attempt to project in a one-off scenario. Think about astral travel throughout the day. Buy a book on astral travel. Attempt to astral travel everynight. Eventually, I gurantee, you will get out.

-

That's all I have time for at the moment. If you have any questions about the technique I listed, or about astral travel or the astral plane, send me a PM. I will be happy to help.

don't even need to read it...and no one should be talking of such a loud. Because there are rules on such things and that is why a master has students...the world isn't your class room, the class room is one mind understanding its way. Be careful what you tell people cause they might not be ready to learn it and get lost... and I stand against such teachings as you ride the wave of what you think you know. Enomia

won't reply online guru too me? I'm not a student am I? there are none for who know better a tree from a branch and with that I will sleep.

I dont understand what does it mean by 'slip into another dimension'. Is it another world or something? And, each time i try to ap, i never experience those 'gatekeepers' keeping me away from going through the barrier. I only experienced sleep paralysis once in my lifetime if i remember correctly. Each time i ap, i feel the vibrations come immediately and then i could slightly move. And, why are those 'gatekeepers' keeping us away from our spirit road

Use powerful afirmations before you go to bed. Like " I will remember my dreams!" say it ten times before going to sleep.

I recently started doing this and it works for me! I remember my dreams vividly now, although not lucid yet. I'm hoping this will get me closer to lucid and AP. Unfortunately I'm not a natural but there is hope!

I dont understand what does it mean by 'slip into another dimension'. Is it another world or something? And, each time i try to ap, i never experience those 'gatekeepers' keeping me away from going through the barrier. I only experienced sleep paralysis once in my lifetime if i remember correctly. Each time i ap, i feel the vibrations come immediately and then i could slightly move. And, why are those 'gatekeepers' keeping us away from our spirit road

It is exactly what it sounds like. Something? It's a big question. Fear is the gate keeper. A hinderance. It holds us back from all our endevours. When you are in a state of conciousness where your mind is all that you are. It can be an enemy. There are two stages as experienced by a lot of people. Initial fear. This manifests itself as sleep pralysis nightmares, hypnogigic hullucinations. Why are they always bad? Why don't people have hullucinations about pink unicorns?

It's because you would never learn about yourself. Nor would you remember. Fear is a teacher .

2) once you defeat fear I keeps checking on you. The phases of reality beyond this one are possibly infinate. That's pretty daunting. Without a healthy dose of caution you can find yourself in trouble in any world. The mecanism tests you. There are people that can't handle driving much less the depths. It keeps them out. Spiritually immature people have no business traveling in spirit. Otherwise you ladies would never want to undress again. Could you imagine?

Fear as a gatekeeper is a good thing. Although it does not seem like it at first. Good spirits also know this and will ocasionslly test you apropriatly. Don't let that hold you back. I have really said to much. It's just like learning to walk.

Edited by Seeker79

Yes other dimentions...... Places out of phase with this reality. A multiverse. But I can't explaine it adequatly, I'm not sure anyone can , but there are books with very talented people that have done a lot of exploring.

Robert Munroe

Robert Bruce

and a few others. Don't ask me why they all seemed to be named Robert or why the most talented seem to be from Australia. I'm still scratching my head on that one!

I love this thread!

Yes me to. If you look back the thread is very old. I learned a lot from it while learning myself, now it seems all the very experienced aprers no longer post, so I do what I can and am trying to maintaine the spirit of the thread.

there is nothing to be sceptical about when it comes to the existance of what we are doing. the nature of it is the debate.

won't reply online guru too me? I'm not a student am I? there are none for who know better a tree from a branch and with that I will sleep.

You're trying a little too hard with this whole enigmatic, wise, mystic persona.

Yes me to. If you look back the thread is very old. I learned a lot from it while learning myself, now it seems all the very experienced aprers no longer post, so I do what I can and am trying to maintaine the spirit of the thread.

there is nothing to be sceptical about when it comes to the existance of what we are doing. the nature of it is the debate.

I didn't realize it was old right away. I messaged the guy in excitement because of some of the experiences I've had that I hadn't realized could have been astral projections, but I now think that he either isn't an active user or gets a lot messages. It doesn't bother me, as I've collected my thoughts now and there isn't much he could have told me anyways.

Something interesting... After messaging him I looked back at the "symptoms" recalled something my mother had told me. She said that there was one experience she had that she could never explain.

I think she was on a track in High School. She saw a couple of her friends across a field talking to each other, and wondered what they were saying. She experienced a strange popping sound and she could suddenly hear them as clearly as if she had been right next to them.

I don't think she went out of her body, though. She was just standing there, looking over.

Any thoughts?

So do you close your eyes and what's the vibrating like?

Imagine your bones vibrating and what thst might feel like.. But it's not a visilization it can be quite intense. I no longer feel them lke I used to. I now feel it deep within my chest. I think that's what happens when you have been doing it for a while.

I have been doing a lot of meditation looking for them while in a more wakeful state of conciousness. I sometimes can barley sense them without being in a full trance. I want to be able to project at will anytime I want. Maby while I'm still functional and acheive duel conciousness. I'm a long ways off though I'm sure.

Edited by Seeker79

I'm might be crazy, but When I start to practice searching for wakeful vibrations, during the rest of the day I start to experience many small unlikely syncronistic events. It's as if I Some how I'm glimpsing the interconected nature of reality. I can't explaine it, but it happens everytime I do these meditations.

Example. Yesterday I'm in a coffe shop. I'm searching for wakeful vibrations. I'm done. I felt I might have had a break through ( don't worry I just look like I'm thinking). I see this girl that looks just like a girl I used to know, a sister of one if my old students. Only she is older now..... It's been a while, and she has grown. Before going to say hi I wait and decide that it's not her.

The girl leaves after a little while. And right away another sits in her exact spot. Guess who it is? Yup! this time I'm sure. I walk over say hi. Chat for a bit then I leave.

Everytime I do this wakeful vibrational search and I have success things like this start to happen tbroughtout the day. I can almost produce it on demand. I'm not sure what is happening, and I'm open to the idea that my mind is playing tricks, but these things are so unlikely I could probably play the lottery with the probabilities.

Anybody have any thoughts?

At this point. I think we should thank Seeker79 for his great support!!! You're doing really great job! Thanks :D

(And thanks to other gurus too. :))

Thank you out of body. I'm mostly hoping someone can have success so I dont feel like I'm the only one talking with spirits and experiencing things. ( you know convincing myself I'm not nuts).

I think if you talk to the cosmos it talks back. Law of attraction and synchronicities are intrinsically linked. There are no such things as meaningless coincidences because we create the meaning through our actions. Dreams are an intuition of the subconscious and sometimes the future. Intuition can still occur in wakefulness but in the astral state you can make connections that you could normaly make. This may bring greater synchronicities into the real world.

I think you will like this link.

http://inter-intelligence-communications.com/?tag=synchronicity

Good tips from Monroe on astral travel and overcoming the vibrational state for anyone with this problem.

http://www.witchway.net/ritual/astral.html