Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Series of lucid dreams last night. The funny thing is that I was dreaming that I was astral projecting. Isn't that funny. No vibrations or exit noises. And I did not do it on purpose. Odd.

I should have journaled it right when I woke up, but I feel back asleep and forgot nearly the whole thing. I do remember that I went through a dimentional shift.

I will travel soon and try the same method for dimentional shift I was learning in that dream, I'll keep everyone posted.

I have some good news. I may have had an OBE, but there is some stuff that contradicts it in the OBE. There is also stuff that contradicts that it just a lucid dream. I shall explain the whole thing.

After a long night of sleeping just fine with no dreams, I woke up around 4:45 AM. I went on my phone for 15 minutes, I got groggy pretty quickly. For some reason I thought "This is the time. I can do this." (Referring to AP) Well, I thought correctly, as I felt the vibrations coming on while falling asleep. I just laid there, my face in the pillow, and focused on the feeling. Soon, I saw the hallway next to my room. But that's impossible, as my face was buried in the pillow. and I woke up with my face in the pillow. That's pretty good evidence right there. Anyway, I try to get up from bed, but for two tries I guess I was still attached somewhat to my physical body. On the 3rd time I use all my strength, I yell in my head "GET UP NOW!!!!" I then found myself standing up next to my bed. I saw the hallway across my bed, and it seems I just float over my bed, or walk through it. I didn't have enough sense to look down, I was concentrating to much to get out of my room. I go down the hallway, and in my mom's office I see my mom! I said "Can you here me?" a couple times. At first she didn't notice, then the rest is blurry, but I think she noticed me, or she turned my head to me. Maybe it was her subconscious? The whole thing is a contradiction for an OBE, as my mom was sleeping when to sleep and sleeping when I woke up. I suddenly lost interest in that, and thought maybe I should try to go into the astral plane. I knew some people who went through a mirror to get there, but after that I started to lose it. I didn't let go, however, and I became more alert than ever in front of my room's window. The view, wow it was amazing. Unlike the 1st time I was my neighborhood which was dark and depressing, this time was the opposite.

Some details:

-My road was there, I think the house across the street was there. I really didn't notice anything else.

-There was snow on the grown. Not much, just enough to cover all the grass.

-All of the sky was a brilliant pink.

-Everything had a "golden" aspect to it. Sorry it's hard to explain.

-There were leaves on the trees, but it looked like fall, because there were leaves blowing happily in the slight breeze.

That kept me alert, and I decided I would walk through a wall. I got to a wall in my hallway, and I stuck my head through it. It was awesome! I then decided it was time to wake up. I close my eyes, and when I open them up, my face is buried in the pillow.

I couldn't do the "sore test" as my whole body was sore before because I worked out that day.

I really don't know if this was a LD or OBE, as said before and explained above, there is stuff that contradicts and counter-contradicts whether it was a LD or OBE.

Also, there was absolutely no lightning at all.

Edited by human_eraser

Awesome. That was no LD. Vibrations plus exit = ap.

Your mom.

We project in our sleep often doing mundane things we normally do. not unlike sleeping walking but in spirit. That is what you saw. I see it all the time.

Congrats, try just going outside next time to fly around.

Tried to project yesterday in a chair by the pool at the hotel I'm staying at for spring break.... didn't work out so well. Everything was fine, I was even starting to see white light, but then I got really hungry (it was 2PM and I didn't have anything to eat yet) which lost my focus and it all fell apart after that. It's a lot harder without presleep so I will try to meditate or take a nap.

So I don't really try this much anymore because I can't get it to work, haven't been reading UM much lately, need some kind of motivation.

Off/Topic:

Also I want to change my display name but I already have, damnit!

Edited by TheCowyard

So I don't really try this much anymore because I can't get it to work, haven't been reading UM much lately, need some kind of motivation.

Off/Topic:

Also I want to change my display name but I already have, damnit!

My friend, I sugest beginning a meditation practice for a while. And forget about it. Focus on developing your meditative abilitities and not worry about ap for a while.

Was out for a few minutes this morning. Nothing special to report. I did not even journal it. No real reason to do anything in spirit at the moment.

Oh wait there was one thing. I initiated the vibrations to exit without ever closing my eyes. It was definantly different shifting from one reality to another and watching it happen. I can't quite explaine it, but there was some sort of visual shift. And it was odd my eyes still being open upon comeing back. I guess that's why it was such a short uneventful session. I really want to be able to acheive duel conciousness. I'll keep trying.

I really want to be able to acheive duel conciousness. I'll keep trying.

What is that? I searched it up and the first thing that came on Google was this thread. :P

Anyway... not much activity. I had a dream a couple nights ago where I was riding in a cab, driving to somewhere. I can't remember any details, except a few images, and me giving him the tip. I've had that "driving in a cab" dream before. Both times it was in The Bahamas (The dream.). Most likely because I was in Puerto Rico a few days ago for vacation, Puerto Rico and The Bahamas are quite similar.

Edited by human_eraser

I want to be totally awake walking around, but be able to project also At the same time. I want both conciousnesses to be lucid at the same time and comunicate back and forth..... Could you imagine!?. I have herd if of certain saints, monks, and shaman able to do this. I think I have taken some baby steps toward it, but I fear it is going to take years of meditation and practice. I may not have the time to do enough to get that far. Maby when I'm old.

Wtf... that seems a little dangerous... what happens when you project while awake? I assumed you just be knocked out cold. Drop unconscious. Like fainting.

No both are lucid and function independently yet are still the same mind. You see your astrial body is a projection. Some sugest that it is a double. Your spirit body and physical animal body operate independantly that share information back snd forth. The better you are at this information sharing process the more you can ap and remember what you do. It may be possible to project and remaine in control and lucid with both bodies at the same time. I don't know for sure. I have only herd if it. Of course I can't possible know until I actually do it. Seems like an interesting project. Catch me in fifteen years and I might have some results for you.

There may be a guide waiting for you. This guide will watch over you and take you where you please. Talk briefly with the guide, and say you will project again in 24 hours.

Funny how calmly you describe this guide character assisting your astral travel. To me that is shocking.

If sleep paralysis and astral travel are so heavily linked, then why are you so sure the entity causing so much fear and terror during sleep paralysis is not the same entity assisting you in astral travel?

Funny how calmly you describe this guide character assisting your astral travel. To me that is shocking.

If sleep paralysis and astral travel are so heavily linked, then why are you so sure the entity causing so much fear and terror during sleep paralysis is not the same entity assisting you in astral travel?

Spezza,

your responding to something five years ago, as far as I know ziggy dosn't post anymore.

I'll try to answer your question. Guides have nothing to do with sleep pralysis they are more like angeles. There are several different answers for the sleep pralysis presence.

1) an entity who's job it is to keep you in your body so you dont project. Unfortunatly the only way to do this is to scare you back in.

2) a cascading fear response in an altered state triggered by your in ability to move.

3) awareness of your astrial double that triggers your animal brain to over react communicating fear to the double wich sends it back in a fear feed back loop that drags your spirit body back.

I can make a good case for all of these. And have experiences to back it up. I sort of have a hybryid idea. As in the case with most spirit world interactions, things often have multiple meanings that tie together in unsuspected ways.

Sorry nothing as dramatic as evil demons and such.

There is no reason to assume anything in astral states is evil. On the contrary it takes a tremendouse amount of mental and emotional discspline to learn control. There are only 2 sponsoring emotions for everything fear and love.

Evil torturouse beings would have no ability to function in astral states they would be in complete uncontrollable chaos.

I don't beleive in spiritual evil. I have seen no evidence what so ever of it nor do I see any reason why it is possible. Now physical evil there is plenty of. Evil is simply fear manifest. Both in astral realms and this one.

So in response to your question about how do you know your guides are not the torturouse demons of sp, I would ask how fo you know that you are not? We are much better at torturing our selves than anything I can imagine, this I'm certain of.

Edited by Seeker79

I have a brief question for you Seeker. Is it possible to AP but stay with my body?? Like just above my body.

Some of the things that have happened lately are strange. For example what I told you about the thing that was low to the ground trying to come in my room.... Could that have possibly been my dog?? The other night while I was dozing off I noticed something that looked very similar to that "thing" when I looked up again it was my dog Rusty. It made me sit up and wonder, could it have been his spirit I was seeing? Is that why it kept trying to come in even tho I didn't want it to? Because he knew that he was allowed in there, I just didn't recognize him?

I should say more than looking like that thing... It felt like it. Like almost the same energy or something.

Edited by Dharma D

Very possible. Remember that in these altered states your mind is doing the best job it can to inturpret what it senses. Just the other night I woke up in what would have been an sp episode had I not been skilled at altered states.I started trying to move but felt several hands holding me. I'm completely aware of my minds ability to to try interpret pralysis. My mind made a split second premature decision that hands were holding me. I wasn't alarmed a bit. I have been trained by the spirits not to fear. Instead of struggling I reached down with my thoughts and took control of the "hands" and made them massage my feet. It was quite an amusing trick chuckling even made me loose my concentration.

It could be your dog, lots of things. To really know you have to be in control of these automated animal reactions and snap decisions. Always be a calm observer. Hope that helps.... I know there are never easy answers........ Hell I don't even really know if I have got any.

Yes people astrial project just above there bodies during the night. sometimes their astrial bodies jump around their houses acting out dreams or just doing mundane sleep walking like activities. That's why night time is full of spirits and odd sensations..... Not dead people or demons. Hahaha your families and neighbors are the ghosts of the night.

Sorry I think that it's funny.

Edited by Seeker79

I'm about to AP I'll blog if anything happens. I'm going to shoot for the highest vibrational realm possible, just shy of being in the preseance of the light. I have done that, it's great but I never want to come back so I stoped doing it. Wish me luck. :)

Edited by Seeker79

Very interesting. I read one of your blogs that said something about that, it made me wonder if it is my partner I feel enter the room every now and then. Because it doesn't feel heavy or scares me I just feel it. I will focus a little more and pay more attention.

Thank You. Good luck on your travels!!

No luck. Just fell asleep.

Vibrations last night... was watching some TV and dozed off, woke up in vibrations. Tried to get out, but I was in an awkward position and really couldn't roll off. I really have no idea how you would "float" above your body. Also, I thought my physical eyes were open, so I closed them. Not really sure if those were my astral eyes. During my last OBE it was controlled and I knew my physical eyes were closed. Right before I exited my vision just, well, came.

They seem to be coming more frequently now. It's getting pretty easy, actually. But I'm just having problems exiting.

Edited by human_eraser

When you float . It's almost like lifting your chest up. As if you mean to propel your self forward or up. Like you are reaching for the ceiling with your chest.

The first time I did it I was floating just above my body. It was pretty sureal.