Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Your help has been excellent so far Socrates and it's gotten me a long way, but a few things are still holding me back from doing this fully. I've got a few questions on technique.

When you are attempting to project, should you keep your eyes closed or open? Night, before bed, is a bad time to attempt for me because if I close my eyes, I'm asleep. If I keep my eyes open it's hard to relax and I still usually end up falling asleep. In the day time when I have tried it there hasn't been the best area for relaxation, but I will attempt again today. I know you are supposed to visualize, but without seeing something it get's fairly difficult.

Also, a few nights ago when I was attempting it I gave in from exhaustion. When I was falling asleep [While constantly thinking about] and I was in the state between sleep and awake, my vision blacked out and instead of being able to see the blanket and the window instead there was a very deep darkness and golden light from the blinds. When I realized how strange this was I snapped out of it.

Your help has been excellent so far Socrates and it's gotten me a long way, but a few things are still holding me back from doing this fully. I've got a few questions on technique.

When you are attempting to project, should you keep your eyes closed or open? Night, before bed, is a bad time to attempt for me because if I close my eyes, I'm asleep. If I keep my eyes open it's hard to relax and I still usually end up falling asleep. In the day time when I have tried it there hasn't been the best area for relaxation, but I will attempt again today. I know you are supposed to visualize, but without seeing something it get's fairly difficult.

Also, a few nights ago when I was attempting it I gave in from exhaustion. When I was falling asleep [While constantly thinking about] and I was in the state between sleep and awake, my vision blacked out and instead of being able to see the blanket and the window instead there was a very deep darkness and golden light from the blinds. When I realized how strange this was I snapped out of it.

u mean u projected??

u mean u projected??

I'm not entirely sure. I have in the past but it was not self-induced or willing, nor pleasing for that matter. That is why I'm asking Socrates if this was some sort of projection, because I can mimic what I did again.

Hello Socrates, thanks for starting this thread, yeah at the moment my mind wanders a lot when im trying it and i know that will get in the way, i tried again last night, i do manage about 3 times each night to eventually become quite focused but ive also realised how easy it is for your mind to wonder onto something else almost immediately, last night i was getting a sensation of almost being able to hear a pulse in my ears, at least it seemed that way i believe.

Yeah basically im willing to put in the effort to learn techniques as best as i can and il stck with the routine.

Socrates, out of curiosity, is there a suggested limit of the amount of times that someone who can successfully Astral Project, should stick to? like maybe only a few times a week or only once maybe?

I read here that it said to wait about 24 hours after your first success before attempting again, and wondered if you recommend not doing it too many times, or if it dosn't matter how many times?

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating

- Sinking

- Vibrations

- A bright white/blue light

- A rushing or popping sound

- Starnge noises; someone calling your name

- A jolt

oh thank god i get bombarded by millions of people saying my name wen i'm going to sleep all my friends thort i was weird for it but now i kno bout it + the floattness happened once or twice :D

Being a rather open sceptic, I decided to give this a go last night.

So, I cleared my mind, and got into bed, trying to "will" myself to project. But, I kept getting really freaked out and paranoid, so I just stopped.

Any thoughts?

Being a rather open sceptic, I decided to give this a go last night.

So, I cleared my mind, and got into bed, trying to "will" myself to project. But, I kept getting really freaked out and paranoid, so I just stopped.

Any thoughts?

THAT IS EXACTLY ME!! I'm being an open skeptic, but everytime I try I get freaked out and quit. =/

Alright, thanks.

I'll keep that in mind for tonight :tu:

Try this:

Imagine a ball (any color that relaxes u) infront of your forehead, about 2 metres away. Focus on this ball with your eyes closed as it moves farther and farther away. Soon you'll feel yourself slip into a trance-like state where all your thoughts will vanish and the only thing that stays in ur mind would be the ball. Using my technique, you'll be able to enter the hypnagogic state much quicker, and your mind will not wander. Sometimes you can even enter the vibrational stage with this.

very, VERY interesting topic here, not like all the other psychic threads which only tell a mybe or a might, this one actually showed results, people by my view have gotten success out of this, im greatly interested...

Im going to try this... maybe on the weekends.

Ok and i have a question, a few days ago on my ride to a mall, i was falling asleep, ( i was VERY tired i didnt get any sleep the night before) my eyes half closed with NO twitching, suddenly all my loud friends in the car fell dead silent, i felt somekind of sensation, but not like ive read here, its like i immedeatly got out of my body and "glided" to the back seats, i saw my friend, talking, but with no sound, then its like a "snap" and everythings back the way it was...

So any info on that?

Try this:

Imagine a ball (any color that relaxes u) infront of your forehead, about 2 metres away. Focus on this ball with your eyes closed as it moves farther and farther away. Soon you'll feel yourself slip into a trance-like state where all your thoughts will vanish and the only thing that stays in ur mind would be the ball. Using my technique, you'll be able to enter the hypnagogic state much quicker, and your mind will not wander. Sometimes you can even enter the vibrational stage with this.

Somewhere on this Metaphysical section, someone posted a link to the program called Virtual Hypno. It's a rather cheesy computer program, but I can't express how well it works. About 6 months ago when I had it installed I did one of the self-hypnosis settings and by just listening to the sound of the character's voice, your mind is highly distracted and only wants to listen to the voice and work with the soothing music. I got put in a very deep trance, until my entire body was numb and stiff, and it was difficult to move my muscles.

It's a rather scary program if you believe it's some sort of mind control. I don't know the exact website, but I have the install file on my hard drive and you can search for the program on Sourceforge.net, HERE

Never attempted to project with it, but it seems like a very reasonable option. As a side note, relaxing music such as Ambience can really calm you down. I'm working on a private series of songs for myself and people that would like me to send them the songs, all dealing with relaxing. If you would like more info on these relaxing songs in progress, please send me a PM for further details.

I tried it last night.

As soon as I began to fall asleep, I felt myself vibrating.

A I was vibrating, I heard popping and rushing noises.

Then I opened my eyes.

I'm going to try it again this Friday, and see if I can

go the whole way.

I totally did this once when I was a little girl - I was thinking about flying through the clouds at night right before i fell asleep. I dreamt that I was doing just that - it was so real, i felt the moisture of the clouds on my skin. I woke up to a sound like someone opening a tin can and i felt as if i was simply dropped into my bed. I was in my sheets but they were very cool as if i had just hopped in as some cool air had blown through my sheets - but my body had been there all night. I sat up and thought about it deeply so I would never forget it, it was one of the best experiences of my life :)

Well i guess ill put my 2 cents in. How is any of this different from Lucid Dreaming. Now I just recently found out about lucid dreaming 6 months ago but ive been having them since i was a kid. Most of this stuff(OBE, Astral Projection, Levitation..) all seems to coincide with Lucid Dreaming. How is going into a meditative state(basically dreaming) and seeing yourself fly around ANY different then going Lucid. I just really dont understand how someone who knows what and how lucid dreams work could not see all of these visions or whatever people claim to have are just plain old lucid dreams.

Lucid Dream= vivid, CONSCIENCE and in control(well, with some work)

When ever I read about peoples experiences with any of this it all seems like people are trying to repackage lucid dreams.

I mean do you really think your projecting your (whatever?) out into space or is it more probable that your having a lucid dream?

cmon people....are you leaving your body...or are you dreaming....

cmon people....are you leaving your body...or are you dreaming....

From what I've been hearing in this thread, it is apparent you are awake physically while a lucid dream can only mimic the awake state. When projecting it seems like you can also witness real-time events taking place around you and out of the range of your senses, which is impossible with lucid dreaming. This is why some people think the government has a training program of remote viewing, because you would be able to project yourself into any building in the world and investigate what they are doing without physically being there.

Also, when you lucid dream, you do not experience any of the "symptoms" associated with astral travel. This would mean you're either projecting, or your body has some built in system that when a certain point of whatever is reached, it will act in an illogical fashion. The 2nd answer doesn't seem to make much sense.

The government actualy DID have Astral Projectors work for them. Not anymore though.

Coordinate Remote Viewing does not involve astral projection.

Coordinate Remote Viewing does not involve astral projection.

wow i just read all 10 pages of this!! i have tried astral projeection before and i got to the stage where i was almost there....but i got really scarec and stopped the next day i was so mad at myself!! lol! im going to try you technique tonight though and see if it has better results because since the time i got scared i havnt been able to get to any sort of groggy heavy stage apart from when i sleep! Well im going to try tonight and i will let yall no how it goes lol! xx

kewl techniques but i personaly think each person has a different style depending on how strong faith and power is

does anyone agree?

When I have a lucid dream I just get out of my body. It's easiest when you have a lucid dream. Also if you just lay still in bed and your body will fall asleep but your mind is awake. But you must not move, it ruins it if you do, it's difficult, but fun. :D