Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

I agree with you there. There are tons of people who have had such experiences. And it would be extremely odd if 100% of these were fake or misunderstandings.

I agree with both of you. Consciousness is beyond physical matter. When the physical body dies and decays, what's to stop consciousness from moving on?

What if consciousness is actualy our spirit, or soul? Hmmm.

Hey ZeroShadow,

Interesting concept. Personally I think consciousness is seperate from both the physical body and the soul. During waking life, our consciousness is inside the physical body, but when we astral project, the consciousness is moved into the astral body, or soul. So basically the physical and non-physical bodies are just vessels for our consciousness.

Tell ya something weird that happened to me once... I had worked a 12 hour shift, (7pm-7am) and I had an hour and a half trip back home. (Plus I had to drive with the sun in my face the whole way)...

I came to a stop sign and then it happened. The car stopped, my body stopped, but "another me", a me that looked like my physical me "popped out of my body and then right back in at the sternum. Like a rubberband effect.

And what is really strange is that it kind of 'hurt'.

Hey there, sounds like you astral projected!

A similar thing happened to me once.

I had set my alarm clock for early in the morning. I woke up before the alarm and lay thinking for a while. Suddenly my alarm went off - it gave me such a fright that I shot up out of my body and then jolted back in again - like the 'rubberband effect' you described. I had a pain in the center of my chest for the rest of the day.

I have done this by accident before (car wreck) I was in the back seat and we went off the road and flipped 2 1/2 times my first concious sight was that I was looking down at a car that was upside down and seeing all the people strune about. Then I was pulled back into my body which was inside the car in a sleep position hands together under my head knees together legs bent sort of fetal position. I've tried to do this willingly but could never acomplish it. Have read Robert Montgomery's books on it but just couldn't get there.

Edited by cerberusxp

WOW I have felt this before!

So this is astral projection it did feel weird not a hurting feeling really more like something sucked the life out of me in my experience!

A few things that the skeptics said on this thread: http://forums.hypography.com/philosophy-hu...projection.html

Got me a little more skeptic. =/

All this definately incorperates into skeptasism and it will always be there to diprove what you think.

But all this starts when you are very young visions are not fake they are a gift and when you get older not everyone keeps these abilities to see and if they do happen now and then it is blown off as nothing!

But according to the link, there was a test done, where they had astral projectors leave their bodies and look at a number wich they could only see if they floated at least 3 meters above their body, and no one could tell the scientists what the number was.

Sounds like they're getting astral projection and OBE's jumbled together. They may be similar but are probably diferent.

Out of curiousity Socrates, could you share with us a little of what you have seen and done when you were astral projecting? Did you consciously feel in control of your actions in the astral world? Mabe, have you run into any trouble :ph34r: while you were astral projecting?

ZeroShadow - the link you gave made me laugh. Who are these people? The guy who said astral projection was a 'hallucination' was worse of all. Think about it - Thousands of people astral project a day, all feeling exactly the same sensations and having similar experiences. Hallucinations simply don't work in such a way. A hallucination is a sensory experience in which a person can see, hear, smell, taste, or feel something that isn’t there.

They are random mind renderings made solely by one's own imagination. Anyone who has researched astral projection or astrally projected themselves will know astral projection is simply too dynamic and external an experience to be associated with the mind. The rest of them are the same. They need only do a little more research - analyze some statistics, interview experienced projectors - to know they are wrong. It seems they are being skeptical for the sake of it - I recommend you don't read what they have to say.

moomooman - astral projection and OBEs are the same thing. :)

Spikester - I have projected on many occasions. When I project, I get out of bed and immediately pull my finger and pinch myself to make sure I am fully conscious. I look around the room and gather my surroundings. It takes a few seconds to register that I am astral projecting.

Sometimes I walk around my house, other times I simply fly away. In the astral I am quite heavy so I jump about as high as a two story house and fly for a little bit before being pulled back down. I repeat this over and over. So my flying method is sort of like bouncing along on the moon. Only sometimes, if I focus very hard, can I glide like a bird.

There are so many memories so I may as well share my last projection with you.

I flew out of my house and landed on a front lawn a few blocks away. I walked inside the house and met a dark-haired woman. She could see me and talk to me subliminally, so obviously she was an entity from the astral plane. I talked to her about astral travel and told her about how I could go through walls. She seemed very interested. To prove it, I stuck my hand inside the wall in front of us.

I saw a flight of stairs and walked to the second story of the house. Deserted. When I went back downstairs, the woman was gone. I went and lay underneath the stairs for a while, waiting for her to return.

She didn't, so I flew outside again. Back on the front lawn, I gently glided over the grass, about 1 foot from the ground. It was lovely. I knew in order to keep the OBE going I needed to have a purpose, but I couldn't think of one. As I floated, I began to feel myself fading.

I woke up to my whole body pulsing with intense vibrations.

It's a boring one, but I guess it's something. If you're still interested, I'll post the next projection I have. :)

And no, I have never run into trouble. The entities I've met have been very friendly.

Edited by Socrates

How can you walk through walls but at the same time walk up stairs? How does that work? O_o.... Is there a possability that you won't know how to go back into your body?

Edited by ZeroShadow

How can you walk through walls but at the same time walk up stairs? How does that work? O_o.... Is there a possability that you won't know how to go back into your body?

Very good question! Remember though that when in the astral, your actions are in the mind's eye. For example, I decide to walk through a wall - I get into a mindset of what I want to do, and I walk through. I want to walk up the stairs - I get into a mindset of walking up the stairs, and I can do it.

And no, there is no chance of not knowing how to get back. All you need to do is think of your physical body, and you will be back. :)

I believe that this is the case to a certain extent. :tu:

Yes, I agree.

When we say 'I', we are referring to an internal power - perhaps the astral body, perhaps consciousness, perhaps the mind itself.

Then when we say 'My arm,' or 'My head,' We are referring to our physical body, as though it is a vessel or shell which we own.

We are able to leave our physical bodies, but we cannot leave our astral bodies. When we die, the astral body supposedly carries on. I wouldn't say the astral body is consciousness, but consciousness certainly has close ties with it. Don't forget that during our waking lives, the consciousness shifts into the physical body. If it is able to shift like this, it obviously isn't attached to the astral body, and isn't the astral body itself.

Can you go basically whereever you want? If you can, maybe you can proove to me astral is real by going somewhere, where I'll leave a number. ;)

I'm not trying to disprove you, I'm trying to lower my skepticism so I can try to astral travel.

Edited by ZeroShadow

Your astral experience sounds exciting Socrates, even though it seems not much went on. Just something that small would be ground breaking. I'm going to continue my attempts so I've got data to report back and experiment with, hoping to prove this is more than dreaming. My attempts thus far have failed due to exhaustion.

I see that you can explore the real world in astral travel, but could you somehow contact a physical thing in the material world and have some form of manipulation on it. That is, if someone is sleeping in the room beside you, could you "float" over there in the astral and touch them, waking them up in the material world? Maybe some other physical manipulation like this, such as moving a light object?