Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

i've experienced borderline astral projection 4 times last year..2 times i got jolted out of my sleep, and the other 2 times i was on the train to school and i started to fall asleep then i jolted awake. lol..after reading this topic imma attempt ur technique tonight. wish me luck.

In all honesty, as much as this goes against my beliefs, I have considered trying it. It does seem like an interesting thing to do.

I just read this whole thread. Very intriguing. I'll try it tonight. So, you say you have to have a purpose to stay in the astral realm? Hmm...I would like to have one last conversation with my deceased grandfather, if that's possible...

Awesome thread, man! :tu:

--Jon

Oh my god, last night I attempted your technique and modified it a little, and the strangest thing happened to me.

I was lying in bed. 12 midnight. I closed my eyes and hugged my bolster and remained still. I begin to form an image in my mind, I imagined I was as light as a feather and that my astral form was hovering above my physical body. I was wide awake, not even in the hypnogogic state yet. I focused on the image as hard as I could while I relaxed my entire body. Then weird things happened seconds later.

First, I heard 3 types of sounds:

1) A popping sound beside my left ear, as if a balloon had burst.

2) Scuttling sounds, like many insectoid legs moving across the marble floor.

3) A piano being played. The sound i heard was always the same tune, and increased in frequency the harder i thought about trying to astral project. (But who the hell would be playing the piano late at night? The sound came from everywhere!)

Next, I began to feel my entire body trembling, as if I were shivering. Then, the vibrations assaulted me and my body shook. I could hear voices all about me, but none were calling me name. I did not understand them. Then I felt a force shove me right back down into my pillow and I opened my eyes. (I was wide awake during this entire experience, so I couldnt have been dreaming).

It didnt take alot of effort to attempt to project, though it being my first time doing it intentionally. But it scared the hell out of me. Tonight I will do it again. By the way, last night after that first experience i tried unsuccessfuly a few more times to project but i wasnt able to.

Oh, and I felt as if I had entered an entirely new realm during that brief experience.

Edited by Ashiene

I've been interested in astral travel for a while

now, but i've never known how to do it.

I'm going to try your technique tomorrow and

see how it goes.

thanks for sharing :)

Oh my god, last night I attempted your technique and modified it a little, and the strangest thing happened to me.

I was lying in bed. 12 midnight. I closed my eyes and hugged my bolster and remained still. I begin to form an image in my mind, I imagined I was as light as a feather and that my astral form was hovering above my physical body. I was wide awake, not even in the hypnogogic state yet. I focused on the image as hard as I could while I relaxed my entire body. Then weird things happened seconds later.

First, I heard 3 types of sounds:

1) A popping sound beside my left ear, as if a balloon had burst.

2) Scuttling sounds, like many insectoid legs moving across the marble floor.

3) A piano being played. The sound i heard was always the same tune, and increased in frequency the harder i thought about trying to astral project. (But who the hell would be playing the piano late at night? The sound came from everywhere!)

Next, I began to feel my entire body trembling, as if I were shivering. Then, the vibrations assaulted me and my body shook. I could hear voices all about me, but none were calling me name. I did not understand them. Then I felt a force shove me right back down into my pillow and I opened my eyes. (I was wide awake during this entire experience, so I couldnt have been dreaming).

It didnt take alot of effort to attempt to project, though it being my first time doing it intentionally. But it scared the hell out of me. Tonight I will do it again. By the way, last night after that first experience i tried unsuccessfuly a few more times to project but i wasnt able to.

Oh, and I felt as if I had entered an entirely new realm during that brief experience.

Congratulations! Sounds like you're a natural. The sounds you heard were probably from the astral plane. Keep at it! :)

Hey all,

well, I'm off on a two-day vacation. I can't tell you how pleased I am to see your enthusiasm in both astral travel and my technique. Some of you have already achieved great results. Keep it up, and I'll be back to answer to questions and comments again in two days.

Don't let my absense hinder this thread. It seems some of you already know alot about astral travel. Chat amongst yoursevles untill I return.

Goodbye for now :)

Say Socrates, you've done a great service by generating such enthusiasm about astral projection. Way to go, brother.

Your technique is interesting. Different from the one that I was taught in the Seventh Degree of the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC. www.rosicrucian.org But, whatever works! That is the main thing. It takes about four years to get to the 7th Degree where psychic projection is taught in AMORC. Of course, many other traditional initiatic organizations teach similar techniques.

Also, there are the Gateway Experience "hemi-sync" CDs put out by the Monroe Institute if anyone's interested.

I hope that you'll keep the enthusiasm going. Astral projection has long been taught as a tool of spiritual awakening ... and some of you are seeing for the first time what that's all about.

With all best wishes for Peace Profound,

Frater Rosencruez

One question to Yel. How do you know you were astral projecting, and not just dreaming, or halucinating? You said you did it on accident.

Good question. Well usually when I'm dreaming I'm asleep. :lol:

On a serious note, I felt the usual "symptoms" prior to astral projecting which would lead me to believe that that was what happened.

But what if those symptons are just symptons of your mind going into a certain state wich makes you halucinate. ^_^....

Oh my God, what happened to me. I've become a bit of a sketpic. Heh... not but seriously, I'm just trying to get as much information on it as possible. I truly want to try this, but I can't for 2 reasons:

1) I'm scared.

2) I'm skeptical.

What happened in your experience?

Edited by ZeroShadow

One question to Yel. How do you know you were astral projecting, and not just dreaming, or halucinating? You said you did it on accident.

I was wide awake, remember? I couldn't have been dreaming thats for sure..

Same here. I seriously doubt I was hallucinating. It wasn't late at night or anything. And some of that is erm...personal :D

It's good to be skeptical btw. :tu:

But what if those symptons are just symptons of your mind going into a certain state wich makes you halucinate. ^_^....

Oh my God, what happened to me. I've become a bit of a sketpic. Heh... not but seriously, I'm just trying to get as much information on it as possible. I truly want to try this, but I can't for 2 reasons:

1) I'm scared.

2) I'm skeptical.

What happened in your experience?

Of course, we don't blame you for being skeptical, because you've not tried and succeeded. But once you've done it, you'll be an instant believer...

I know it's good to be a skeptic, but just to a certain extent. ^_^ Most "mainstream" skeptics are TOO skeptical to the point where they're close minded in my opinion. Even if there's no proof of something, never say it doesn't exist.

Never say never.

How exactly do you go back into your body?

I heard you can astral travel via orgasm. I bet I could accomplish that one!

Edited by ZeroShadow

Some of the astral projection symptoms I have experienced are sometimes pretty intense. I have only attempted astral projection about 3 times and had only these similar results. First I picture a cloud like figure hovering above me with a slight resemblance to me. I visualize it pulling me towards it like a magnet and eventually I try to imagine myself looking down upon my body through the imaginary eyes of the cloud like hovering figure. This is when I start to feel the weird sometimes intense sensations. I get into as deep of a relaxation as I can, then I start feelinga little tingly and numb. It seems like the more I visualize myself astral projecting, the more intense my symptoms become. This may sound kind of freaky, but my eyes actually start to twitch as I visualize astral projection, then I feel almost uncontrollable muscle contractions occuring around my face and eyes (eyes closed). My ears start feeling all weird and I hear and feel weird things around my ears. While this is all going on my heart rate starts to speed up uncontrollably fast to the point where I just feel I have to stop my concentration and open my eyes. This sounds odd and all, but after about almost 2 min in deep concentration with all these symptoms, I thought I started to see a white glowing light forming, with my eyes closed of course.

I have read that astral projection works best and easiest when you are in a trance-like state and often requires a stronger "Chakra" to give us enough "energy" to astral project. There are plenty of good astral projection sites to google that give pretty detailed info on this. I have not yet succesfully astral projected, but I dont plan on giving up yet.

Edited by Spikester2488

sometimes, even with my eyes closed, i see figures moving about me, and no, they aren't neural discharges..and i hear the voices, so distant yet to clear...but i dont understand their words..i've been in the astral realm although i've never projected, but i hear the noises that projectors usually hear..i dont think these figures notice me because i've not projected yet. i've attempted this twice..im doing it again tonight..i believe one day, with enough effort, i will get out of this mortal shell.

I know it's good to be a skeptic, but just to a certain extent. ^_^ Most "mainstream" skeptics are TOO skeptical to the point where they're close minded in my opinion. Even if there's no proof of something, never say it doesn't exist.

Never say never.

How exactly do you go back into your body?

I heard you can astral travel via orgasm. I bet I could accomplish that one!

If you read one of the experiences posted they said that they could feel themself fading cause they didn't have a purpose in the astral plane and went back to their body.I think that's one way.

Ya or you just think of your body and returning to it and whatever. Thats the most common way i've heard, another is to just think you wanna wake up.

Some of the astral projection symptoms I have experienced are sometimes pretty intense. I have only attempted astral projection about 3 times and had only these similar results. First I picture a cloud like figure hovering above me with a slight resemblance to me. I visualize it pulling me towards it like a magnet and eventually I try to imagine myself looking down upon my body through the imaginary eyes of the cloud like hovering figure. This is when I start to feel the weird sometimes intense sensations. I get into as deep of a relaxation as I can, then I start feelinga little tingly and numb. It seems like the more I visualize myself astral projecting, the more intense my symptoms become. This may sound kind of freaky, but my eyes actually start to twitch as I visualize astral projection, then I feel almost uncontrollable muscle contractions occuring around my face and eyes (eyes closed). My ears start feeling all weird and I hear and feel weird things around my ears. While this is all going on my heart rate starts to speed up uncontrollably fast to the point where I just feel I have to stop my concentration and open my eyes. This sounds odd and all, but after about almost 2 min in deep concentration with all these symptoms, I thought I started to see a white glowing light forming, with my eyes closed of course.

Spikester2488, a few nights ago after reading about Astral Projection for the first time on here i attempted it myself, ive not been successful yet, i had got some of the details slightly wrong, but i followed the general idea, i noticed that you mentioned your eyes twitching and uncontrollable muscle contractions in your face, i got exactly this, and this was my very first attempt.

But im wondering if that is supposed to happen, or was i tensing myself and creating the twitching, thats one of the things i got wrong as i did not try and get as relaxed as i could but i was concentrating very hard.

After reading more on here last night i tried it again, making sure i was relaxed as possible and that my eyes were closed but i just couldn't concentrate as well, im a patient type of person so im interested in studying this properly and practicing techniques and believe in it and i believe in time that il succeed with it, is it necessary to be always near falling asleep? ive attempted it twice but not doing the getting up at 4:00am thing.

One thing i did do was i actually woke up at around 5:00 this morning ( still had a few more hours of sleep left before i was getting up ) so i decided to try it at around this time, but no success.

Well im going to keep this up and get right into it properly.

Edited by expression

I'm back everyone :)

Hey expression,

Well done for trying, and for staying persistent having not yet projected. The 'muscle contractions' in your face are normal for beginners. When I first began, I felt them frequently around my eyelids.

You should consider the four in the morning technique if you are having trouble relaxing. If you try to project at four in the morning, your mind will be groggy and tired, so you will find it much easier to relax your mind. My mind used to wander alot as well. You will find that if you try to clear your head every night before sleeping, you will get very good at it.

I'm pleased to hear you are interested in projecting, and even more pleased to hear you're going to keep at it.

Any more queries are very welcome,

Socrates

If the conscious is seperate from the body, why if you have head trauma you can become unconcsious. What happens to your concsiousness?

And there I was, thinking I need to develop my chakras before I can astral travel.. So anybody with enough determination can alstral project with your technique?

Do you know any alternative method to the 4 am technique? (I could only do that one day in a week)

• Like 1

And there I was, thinking I need to develop my chakras before I can astral travel.. So anybody with enough determination can alstral project with your technique?

Do you know any alternative method to the 4 am technique? (I could only do that one day in a week)

Try this:

Imagine a ball (any color that relaxes u) infront of your forehead, about 2 metres away. Focus on this ball with your eyes closed as it moves farther and farther away. Soon you'll feel yourself slip into a trance-like state where all your thoughts will vanish and the only thing that stays in ur mind would be the ball. Using my technique, you'll be able to enter the hypnagogic state much quicker.