Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ears ringing?

Taylor

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• bloodyfish

• Bebi

• Carla

When I was a child I used to hear my mom calling all the time, clear as day. It would be the same singsongy voice she would use normally. I would dutifully go and see what she wanted and she would be as confused as I.

It happened to no one else in the family that I know of and it hasn't happened to me for many years.

Oh, and I also have tinnutis. Happens rarely, but has happened most of my life. I am also partially deaf in one ear due to scar tissue from a broken ear drum.

I've had the same thing as you.

When I was a child I used to hear my mom calling all the time, clear as day. It would be the same singsongy voice she would use normally. I would dutifully go and see what she wanted and she would be as confused as I.

It happened to no one else in the family that I know of and it hasn't happened to me for many years.

Oh, and I also have tinnutis. Happens rarely, but has happened most of my life. I am also partially deaf in one ear due to scar tissue from a broken ear drum.

thats also happened to me before, ive heard one of my parents calling or even sometimes it used to be my sister and i would go and ask them what did they want and they would be like "what? i dont know what your talking about". i have perforated ear drums and probably scar tissue...i dunno all i know is i have holes all over my eardrum

The ringing I DO have in my ears, however, is years of listening to loud music.

Damn you kids and your rock 'n roll music.

:tu:

It can also be caused by your intake of Aspirin. Blood thinners will cause your ears to ring, which even includes booze. I have it too, but it doesn't bother me unless I'm in quiet settings. Well, there goes another busted old wive's tale.

Meow.

~The Notorious Miss Amanda

No... I'd say there's something in that...ie..spiritual connection... I recall being puzzeled about it a s a child...and asking other children if they were experienceing the same thing too at the same time... some said they were!!!!

Many years later :blush: actually in the last couple of years ...I read in a Uri Geller book that it is other dimensional beings spead downloading info like a computer....

...do you feel a little like you've just woken up from a dream after an episode of ear ringing??? perceptions any different???

http://thelivingweb.net/psychic.html

..or.... B)

"The article he enclosed appeared in 1993 in Defense Electronics, and is indicative of the continuing interest in this type of research.

"I will just quote the opening paragraph:

"In a series of closed meetings beginning March 17 in suburban Northern Virginia with Dr. Igor Smirnov of the Moscow Medical Academy, FBI officials were briefed on the Russian's decade-long research on a computerized acoustic device allegedly capable of implanting thoughts in a person's mind without that person being aware of the source of the thought."

The February 1995 newsletter of The Planetary Association For Clean Energy states:

"The nagging issue of brain transmitters is not going away. With minimal opposition, governments and private companies are permitting enslavement of humans (as well as animals) with sophisticated electronic methods. Injectable transponders as small as 2.2 x 12mm can be injected with special "pens" designed to perform about 1.000 injections.

"The radio-frequency device, consisting of a microchip and a ferrite antenna is sealed together in a tubular "bio-compatible glass enclosure" and has a range, which can be rebroadcast for long range telemetry.

"A growing number of x-rays of skulls of citizens are emerging from Sweden, the United States, Denmark, New Zealand, Brazil and Federal Republic of Germany that indicate implants by health services, police authorities and hospitals, clearly indicating that the know-how and protocol has been around for some decades now, probably since the 1960's."

I have tinnitus. At various time I hear clicks, hums, and high pitched squealing.

I have learned when the pitch changes to become more aware of my surroundins. That is when I hear things the most. I've been working out in a field and heard my son call from two hundred miles away and no one around.

Well if you read it in a Uri Geller book....?

I've heard that high toxins in the blood can cause this, as well as high blood pressure. I don't necessarily think it would be a spook trying to tell me something.....

What x-rated books did Uri Geller write?

Yeah I wanna know the answer to that too....

when i grew up my mother used to tell me if my left ear was ringing, someone was talking harshly towards me, and when i right ear was it was nicely, and if you were to pinch your ear... they would bite their tongue...

wait that was burning... lol

i can see a ringing being a communication gateway to spirits...

the big thing with myself hearing is music... not like Slayer or anything, lol... but strange and yet hypnotizing melodies... they come at the most random moments...and leave the most curious feelings....

• 11 months later...
My aunt is a medium and she sees a lot of ghosts. She has also heard a lot of ghosts call her name and try to comunicate with her. Yesterday, my sister and I heard ringing in our ears. Usually only one ear. My sister is not a psychic, but I am. My aunt told us that when one ear rings that usually means that a spirit is trying to talk to you. Anyone else ever hear this?

Hi!

I have the exact same thing, and its not tinitus.

I get a rining usually in my left ear. When it happens, it throws of my balance and I nearly fall over or start leaning to one side!

It sounds like the noise a tv makes when its on silent, that high pitch electrical noise, but i hear it with not just my ear but the whole side of my head

hard to explain. its getting stronger and happening more often now to for some reason!

So I know where you are coming from

Hi!

I get a rining usually in my left ear. When it happens, it throws of my balance and I nearly fall over or start leaning to one side!

It sounds like the noise a tv makes when its on silent, that high pitch electrical noise, but i hear it with not just my ear but the whole side of my head

hard to explain. its getting stronger and happening more often now to for some reason!

I don't want to freak you out or anything but you should really consult a physician about that. If it truly affects your balance and is getting stronger then it may be a tumor or some other kind of brain abnormality.

Occassionally my ears start ringing and become blocked, but I know it's because of loud noise exposure. For several years, I would listen to my walkman on full-sound every night and as a result, my hearing now isn't that great and I get alot of ringing. Studies have shown that ringing/buzzing noises are common in most people in industrialized countries because of the high levels of sound we are exposed to. Or it could be things like ear wax, or loose skin in our ears, even some medications affect our hearing.

When I went through my haunting in my home, the ringing in my ears happened a great deal, mostly at night when I laid down in bed, to whichever ear I was not lying on. Then there were times it happened during the day, and I felt sort of disoriented for a few minutes. I had my ears and eys checked, and all was fine. My Demonologist told me that the ringing is common in any haunting, and it indicates a spirit is too close for comfort..JN

There is a medical term for this... its not tinnnitus(just ringng) its labyrinthitis(ringing and balance). My sister in law had it, it affects your balance and hearing.

Edited by AngelXVI

My ears have rang non-stop for the last 10 years. I have gotten used to it so I am able to block it out but at night when it is quiet it is like a ROAR in my head. I always attributed it to that bad acid trip back in high school. Don't take LSD, kids.

There is a medical term for this... its not tinnnitus(just ringng) its labyrinthitis(ringing and balance). My sister in law had it, it affects your balance and hearing.

Yes Angel Labrynthitis is an innner ear disorder, and they use medicine like they use for motion sickness. The most effective is Meclazine. However, that is different than having a paranormal ringing here and there, mostly at night when we do have a haunting, or even deceased family members visiting and talking to us, and there is a closeness involved which is hard to explain. JN

Yes Angel Labrynthitis is an innner ear disorder, and they use medicine like they use for motion sickness. The most effective is Meclazine. However, that is different than having a paranormal ringing here and there, mostly at night when we do have a haunting, or even deceased family members visiting and talking to us, and there is a closeness involved which is hard to explain. JN

You cannot rule out medical issues... these need to be checked out and labrynthitis is often missed or wrongly diagnosed and hard to detect.

You cannot rule out medical issues... these need to be checked out and labrynthitis is often missed or wrongly diagnosed and hard to detect.

OKay, I did of couse and my eyes. But inner ear disorders, dont happen randomly, its awful. One gets vertigo, balance is off, as well as nausea and vomiting. I had it about 10 years ago and couldnt get off the sofa for days, till I got the medicine, next day I was fine. Everyone should be checked out medically for symptoms anyway. But the OP mentioned spirits talking to us, and that in my opinion is for the most part, the case. HAPPY HOLIDAYS..JN

My aunt is a medium and she sees a lot of ghosts. She has also heard a lot of ghosts call her name and try to comunicate with her. Yesterday, my sister and I heard ringing in our ears. Usually only one ear. My sister is not a psychic, but I am. My aunt told us that when one ear rings that usually means that a spirit is trying to talk to you. Anyone else ever hear this?

I have never heard the fact that ringing in the ear is associated with spirits talking to you . Its a new one on me . .

I havent read the whole thread just your opening post but i would get a check up just too be safe. :)

Hi!

okay read through the thread now and i think you jasenz need to forget about the paranormal for a minute and get checked out first . that sounds rather nasty too me and definitly medical .

How many times per day would you say this happens . does it happen more when you are stood up or lay down ??

I have never heard the fact that ringing in the ear is associated with spirits talking to you . Its a new one on me . .

I havent read the whole thread just your opening post but i would get a check up just too be safe. :)

Yes SS it does happen, and many have reported it. It is associated with EMF readings as well, hence the spirit near us or trying to communicate with us..JN

Yes SS it does happen, and many have reported it. It is associated with EMF readings as well, hence the spirit near us or trying to communicate with us..JN

I was actually meaning i had never heard a medium report it unless they are talking about OBE . :)

I was actually meaning i had never heard a medium report it unless they are talking about OBE . :)

LOL OHHHHH thanks for clarifying. I am battling the flu and not with it lol..Sorry..JN :wub: