Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Season 2 Tournament Results

Saru

A big thankyou to everyone who took part in the second season of our site chess tournament, we've had a lot more interest this time around and a lot more people finished all of their games which is excellent.

Congratulations to our winners, Talon has successfully retained his first place position for the second season running, suffering only a single loss. TheBarman has taken second place this time around, managing to stay ahead of me by just one point, leaving me in third place.

There are plans for a new 'chess league' system for the not too far distant future, however I don't know when that will be yet so watch this space. Those who missed out on taking part in the tournament this time around will be able to take part next time.

Again, thanks for everyone who participated, and I hope you'll stick around for the next one. :tu:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subtemperate

• Raptor

• Saru

• joc

Congratulations to the top winners! :tu:

user posted image

It was excellent fun as usual. Cheers everyone!

Congrats to the winners, you are the kings of men, or perhaps the pawns who have turned into queens. :yes:

*note the above is a chess joke, NOTHING more*

:D

Congrats to the winners....Tal ? I swear I'll beat you one day..I WILL :P and I may have dropped a place this year......but I still beat Subby so it's ok :lol:

*subby puts spiders in thistles closet*

... :P

well, atleast i know i'll do better next season. Can't really do any worst than what i did this season. I learnt alot too, like don't make moves when your half asleep

I really want to be in the next one, PM me if you can :)

I dont think its up to Saruman or admin to Pm people to let them know the tournament is on, you should keep an eye out for what happens with this section as to when it starts again, or reopens in some fashion...

Yeah, keep an eye out! :yes:

We might need someone to take Subby's place after Thistle looks in her closet. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to the champions, you all did awesome :tu:

As for me; 1 win, 19 losses... That's a new record. :D

Edited by T-Nemesis

As for me; 1 win, 19 losses... That's a new record.

I wouldn't worry about it, we've all been there. Chess isn't a game you can just walk into and be good, its all about experience, learning to see tricks, traps, tactics and then coping or improving them. Everyone who's played chess has a large list of matches they've lost dating back when they started. Its something that happens when you start out, but chess is one of those games that you can only get better through playing. And once a player gains more experience they quickly find their win-loss ratio begins to change for the better.