Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

-Witching Hour (3:00 AM)-

Jambe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• NME_locus

• Radian

• gothikchile13

Has anyone had any experiences with this Witching Hour. It's supposed to be the opposite of when Jesus died. He died at 3:00 PM. :tu:

Odd, there is no record that Jesus died at 3pm. And why is the witching hour 3am? And how is that precise depending on time zone, as 3am and 3pm occur at the same time.

Also, since the is no record of when Jesus died, the Witching Hour is a lost cause. That's like p***ing into the wind, it's pointless.

Edited by NME_locus

sometimes i wake up exactly at 3:00....but i dont think that thats an experience

I heard something about that. The "Devil's Hour" is supposedly 3:00am and "God's Hour" is supposedly 3:00pm. I don't know if I believe it. I mean, I'm in work at 3:00pm and I can't wait to get out and chances are, I'm having a crappy day...is that God? I don't think so...

As a heads up, this is probably going to turn into an 11:11 (3:33) thread.

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13

Also, that gives witchcraft a bad reputation and misleading. I am all Catholic though I do know a few witches they have a different point of view, and much of the stuff is concentrated towards nature.

Odd, there is no record that Jesus died at 3pm. And why is the witching hour 3am? And how is that precise depending on time zone, as 3am and 3pm occur at the same time.

Also, since the is no record of when Jesus died, the Witching Hour is a lost cause. That's like p***ing into the wind, it's pointless.

According to the bible jesus died at 3 PM.

Mark 15:24-25 " And they crucified Him and distributed His outer garments by casting the lot over them as to who takes what. It was now the third hour, and they crucified Him."

It also depends on what bible you read, the direct translation, without confusion dictates it a bit differently.

"Jesus is crucified at the third hour. Darkness occurs over the whole land from the sixth hour till the ninth. Jesus dies at the ninth hour (Mark 15:25-38)."

And Matthew

"Jesus is crucified. Darkness occurred over all the land from the sixth hour until the ninth. Jesus died at the ninth hour (Matt. 27:32-53)

It has roughly the same meaning, he was nailed to the cross at the 3rd hour, which is 9 AM Jewish time. He endured 6 hours on the cross, and died by the 9th hour, 3PM.

There was already a big dis-cussion on this that can be found here , Origins of 3 AM

Mark 15:24-25 " And they crucified Him and distributed His outer garments by casting the lot over them as to who takes what. It was now the third hour, and they crucified Him."

It also depends on what bible you read, the direct translation, without confusion dictates it a bit differently.

"Jesus is crucified at the third hour. Darkness occurs over the whole land from the sixth hour till the ninth. Jesus dies at the ninth hour (Mark 15:25-38)."

And Matthew

"Jesus is crucified. Darkness occurred over all the land from the sixth hour until the ninth. Jesus died at the ninth hour (Matt. 27:32-53)

It has roughly the same meaning, he was nailed to the cross at the 3rd hour, which is 9 AM Jewish time. He endured 6 hours on the cross, and died by the 9th hour, 3PM.

There was already a big dis-cussion on this that can be found here , Origins of 3 AM

Owned.

--Jon

And Matthew

Owned.

--Jon

Okay, I'm confused....There are a total of four occurrances regarding when Jesus oficially died. One that contridicts is it appears John indicates Pilate was through trying Jesus by the 6th hour Roman time, or 6 AM, or sunrise.

CONTRADICTIONS IN DETAILS OF EVENTS - NEW TESTAMENT.......

Time of crucifixion: Mark 15:25 says 3rd hour; John 19:14-15

says the sixth.

The two thieves reproach Jesus, say Matt 27:44 and Mark 15:32.

Only one reproaches him, says Luke 23:39-43, and the other

is promised to be with Jesus in paradise. Matt and Mark

don't mention the promise to the thief.

Jesus is offered vinegar to drink, say Matt 27:48, Luke 23:36,

and John 19:29. It was wine and myrrh, says Mark 15:23.

Those present at crucifixion: Matt 27:55, Mark 15:40-41, Luke

23:49, John 19:25-26 all differ.

Jesus' last words: Matt 27:50, Mark 15:37, Luke 23:46, John

19:30 are all different.

Earthquakes at Jesus' death. Matt mentions two: one when Jesus

dies (27:51) and one which rolls the stone from the tomb

(28:2). No other gospels or records mention these

earthquakes.

Edited by NME_locus

CONTRADICTIONS IN DETAILS OF EVENTS - NEW TESTAMENT

Time of crucifixion: Mark 15:25 says 3rd hour; John 19:14-15

says the sixth.

The two thieves reproach Jesus, say Matt 27:44 and Mark 15:32.

Only one reproaches him, says Luke 23:39-43, and the other

is promised to be with Jesus in paradise. Matt and Mark

don't mention the promise to the thief.

Jesus is offered vinegar to drink, say Matt 27:48, Luke 23:36,

and John 19:29. It was wine and myrrh, says Mark 15:23.

Those present at crucifixion: Matt 27:55, Mark 15:40-41, Luke

23:49, John 19:25-26 all differ.

Jesus' last words: Matt 27:50, Mark 15:37, Luke 23:46, John

19:30 are all different.

Earthquakes at Jesus' death. Matt mentions two: one when Jesus

dies (27:51) and one which rolls the stone from the tomb

(28:2). No other gospels or records mention these

earthquakes.

You had to quote me...;)

--Jon

You had to quote me...;)

--Jon

Haha... all in fun brotha, nothing personal. :tu: Anyhoo, how does this all tie into Witches vs God. Shouldn't it be Devil vs God?

Edited by NME_locus

Too many variables, I got pwned :(

I just heard this from another thread a while back.

I took that test in your sig. I got the same as you. That test scares me... Somewhere between the "be pushed into a vat of battery acid OR eat 50 pounds of pig fat" I was kind of thrown off...

:)

Haha... all in fun brotha, nothing personal. :tu:

I know, I know, it's cool! :tu:

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13

I took that test in your sig. I got the same as you. That test scares me... Somewhere between the "be pushed into a vat of battery acid OR eat 50 pounds of pig fat" I was kind of thrown off...

:)

I know, I know, it's cool! :tu:

--Jon

Mine is precise and correct on the dot, and explains me perfectly.

Your doom is corruption!

You live in a black hole and love to have others pulled into it. No victory is satisfying unless your defeated opponent is curled in a fetal ball, sobbing and crying. The idea of public service is intriguing to you -- it has potential.

The last part is scary because what I previously did for a living, it was extremely corrupt, and the things I once did could have easily put me in prison 20 years-life. Luckily, I only served 1.6 years.

Okay, I'm confused....There are a total of four occurrances regarding when Jesus oficially died. One that contridicts is it appears John indicates Pilate was through trying Jesus by the 6th hour Roman time, or 6 AM, or sunrise.

Im going to have to look into it. I believe it means thats when Pilate finally just decided to crucify Jesus, and that was when the judgement was passed. Sorry, it's been a long day, heh.

[see below

Edited by abecrombi

from what i read it is complicating and i can use this to study up on

intereesting post bye

I dont know about all the background on who died when at 3:00am. I can tell you this.

My twin brother died at age 33. I started hearing knocks at the wall/window outside my bedroom window 2:57am to 3:11pm weekly approx 1 week after he died. I told my father about this who seemed shocked and told me that my brother who was a "free spirit" party type would come home (he lived with our father) he would always knock on the window in my fathers room so that he would get up to let him in the house weekly untile he passed with Cancer in 2004.

My father died suddenly 6mths after my brother when he caught the type (A) flu 2 years ago at age 52. Approx 3 days after his passing the knocks stopped.

Now I wake up at 2:59am - 3:02am at least 2 to 3 nights each week (wide awake) I can feel something/someone near me. By 3:20am im sound asleep. I do not know the history of 3:00am as discussed in this forum I can tell you something happens to me at this time. It use to be scary its not anymore to me.

The anniversary of my brothers death the morning of-- my mother's cell phone rang it listed the caller as my brothers name and his cell number on my mothers cell phone. She never deleted the number when he died due to attachment I suppose. He phone number and name was closed out the same week as his passing.

• 1 year later...

I have frequently awoken up in the night between 3 and 4 am, often with an overwhelming fear either from a nightmare or from an eerieness after being awake. I have never felt the same fear if I awake at 2, or 4:30, 1, etc., but only if it was between 3 and 3:45 or so. I never felt creeped out at any other hour, like there was someone watching me, etc. The odd thing is I had never heard of this 3 am witching hour thing until I watched the Emily Rose movie. I am 36 now and have had this issue off an on since my late teens/early twenties. Very Creepy.........

most of the time i wake up at 3 or around that area and have to get up cause im restless and just refuse to lay down...then most of the time it takes forever to get back to sleep..dont know if that counts as an experience..just annoying most of the time.lol

The 6th hour does not mean 6am. And the so called witching hour is MIDNIGHT...not 3 am, which is merely deemed the time for the most recognizable paranormal activity. Really, this same subject has been addressed numerous times in just a few weeks. Try the search feature. There are hundreds of posts on the topic.

Has anyone had any experiences with this Witching Hour. It's supposed to be the opposite of when Jesus died. He died at 3:00 PM. :tu:

I registered on this site just to say this because i just figured it out. I woke up in a cold sweat from a wierd nightmare at 3:22 AM. I don't usually wake up at night for any reason so i took special notice to this bad experience and actually sat up to see why i had awoken. usually my bad dreams last all night. So i looked at the clock and it said 3:20. The dream was especially bad because it had this wierd ringing drone that was repeating itself in the ambient sound of the dream, and it continued to ring loudly in my head when i woke up. Physical abnormalities scare the sh** out of me and so immediately when i realized that this wasn't just in the dream i felt sick to my stomach, in some stupid irrational fear that it would never go away and just drive me crazy. so i lay in bed staring at the clock and this freak ringing, and (i live on the corner of a big street) when the traffic light changes color so does my room to the same color, and this brought to my attention what i can only describe as a demon sitting or rather perched on the back of my chair so it's legs were in the seat and it's hands or claws were on the back of it. It's a big recliner for videogaming in the middle of my room, and it faces parallel to my bed, so i looked to my left and saw it facing my on my chair, so it was backwards on my chair going over the top of the back. I first noticed it when the light turned from red to green, and i would have dismissed it quickly as a hallucination that one might get from a bad dream at 3 in the ****ing morning but it was too real. It itself was tinted green with the changed light and then to yellow and red again. I was absolutely paralyzed in my bed, just sitting up, our heads about 3 feet from each other. it didn't move for the whole 4 minutes that we stared at each other. I didn't know what to do and i couldn't move anyway, so i just sat there and so did it. It didn't have a mouth or nose, but it was pretty dark. The skin was definetly either black, grey, or very dark brown because it blended well with the recliner which is dark brown, like dirt or stained wood. the only noticeable features were dimly luminescent yellow eyes that were taller than wide with small pupils and 4 fingered claws with straight long nails. Imagine a body frame like the gargoyles in ghostbusters, kind of hunched, almost ape like in proportion. It instantly dissappeared when i thought to myself 'jesus help me'. that thought happened in the same instant or even after it just dissappeared and i could see my plain dresser and the white wall behind where it used to be. i quickly looked around to see if it had moved and saw that the clock now said 3:24. this time was insignificant to me until i recently thought of the witching hour, 3AM, opposite of the holy hour 3 PM. This post may seem long but there is one more important factor to solidify my story. About a month earlier just before the end of winter break i set my room clock 20 minutes fast so that when i am waking up in my half conscious state i will think it is later than it really is and get my self out of bed quicker. the method worked since in the morning i never remembered and still don't remember that the clock is wrong so i fool my self every morning. This registered in my mind 10 minutes before i wrote this that the time was in fact 3:02 in the morning, and unless this is only worlds most realistic hallucination and religious coincidence i think i have a demon problem. If your going to reply to this than don't tell me i was dreaming it or that what i saw wasn't real. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and i'm not in denial about any of that, so there was no subsance other than progresso soup influencing my mind. I'm also hardcore christian so if anybody has any real response or explanation to what has permanently quickened my heartbeat 10 b.p.m. than please share. If you think this is fake or that i'm lying then go **** yourself because i now sleep with the light on.

Edited by BeanerSchnitzel

I believe that 3am ( witching hour , dead time) is legit , and possibly MORE active , but I dont think it really makes a major difference, as ghostly activity can and does occur at anytime, day or night . I think the 3am time is just more common because its mentioned in the bible .

"3" isn't about when Jesus supposedly died. The number 3 is a representation of the Trinity of the church (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). Demons do things in sets of 3 in order to mock the Trinity.

Well has anyone experienced anything at 3:00pm?? the opposite to the devil hour.

Whats the deal with this 3 am business. The earth rotates and moves around the sun and three am is a total varient. It's all over the place.

Edited by Mbyte