Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indigo children

Taylor

Has anyone heard of indigo children? It was on the news a few days ago. But I missed it! :angry2: I guess they had supernatural powers.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tornado

• exponential_sly_de

• wjsa

• NoTC

Not so. They merely have 'expanded perceptions', which allow them to instinctively flout authority...

Actually, they are simply ADD. I, apparently, am an indigo child.

Wow... That really sounds like me... :o

Awesome find... Have a Kong Koin...

Sorry still in shock... I'll recover in a bit...

Sounds like a New Age take on gifted children. I skimmed over the "characteristics" and they are nearly identical (same with being misdiagnosed as ADD or ADHD). I recognized it because I was in the gifted program and so is my eldest (youngest probably will be, too, as she is a carbon copy of me).

See for yourself (click on characteristics) and compare:

http://www.nfgcc.org/

I'm in the gifted program too (or was, they just lumped us all in AP together in high school :lol::P), that's one of the reasons I was like "wow"

I'm in the gifted program too (or was, they just lumped us all in AP together in high school :lol::P), that's one of the reasons I was like "wow"

There you go. To some, you're gifted. To others, you're an Indigo child. I don't think that it is really evolution. Giftedness has been around for aeons. Some of the greatest minds in the last millenia would fall under the gifted/high genius category. I am really not keen as to how much pressure is placed on gifted (or indigo for that matter) children. Because I was gifted, I grew up thinking that a B was the worst grade one could get and that unless I received a phd, I was wasting my brain.

Just be you, DaKong, and be happy, okay?

They are psychic children. You should read indigo celebration. It is the best book out there.

You're in highschool? How old are you, I forgot? I want a refund because I'm definitly not benifiting from any form of being smart. Unless I had to take a corse on metaphysics. That would be my dream school.

You're in highschool? How old are you, I forgot? I want a refund because I'm definitly not benifiting from any form of being smart. Unless I had to take a corse on metaphysics. That would be my dream school.

lol, I don't know if the gifted program really helps much. I suppose it mostly teaches you to question...at least that's what I got out of it. So, don't worry, you didn't miss out on much Unless taking tons of aptitude and iq tests is your cup of tea? I excelled in filling in little squares with a no. 2 pencil... :rolleyes:

I've been told that I am an indigo child before. I don't put much stock in it. To me, it has about as much weight as being called "gifted". Gifted people are supposed to realize their potential for the benefit of mankind. How many actually do? Imo, the both of them are terms that strap the proverbial weight of the world on children's backs. Not particuliarly fair if you think about it.

In what the bleep do we know, was that an indigo child? Did anyone watch that?

Maybe this is covered, but does anyone know when the existance and character of alleged indigo children began to be discussed?

In what the bleep do we know, was that an indigo child? Did anyone watch that?

I've seen that movie. Are you talking about the boy with the ball who talks to what's her name about controlling reality? :blink:

So was Einstein an indigo child?

I heard he was so smart he actually couldn't do his school work, because it was so below his level.

I've seen that movie. Are you talking about the boy with the ball who talks to what's her name about controlling reality? :blink:

Yeah that kid. That is just what I thought of when I saw him.

So was Einstein an indigo child?

I heard he was so smart he actually couldn't do his school work, because it was so below his level.

Einstein was a high genius. The dislike of schoolwork is pretty common for highly gifted kids. It's not laziness...it's just seen as being pointlessly boring. lol :) I'm sure that Einstein was probably bored to tears by it (and probably school itself).

Yeah that kid. That is just what I thought of when I saw him.

Different, I think that this kid was intentionally depicted the way he was and could very well have been implied to have been an "indigo child". Probably intentional.

Hi

The characteristics for Gifted Children and Indigo Children vary slightly. Even though the number of Indigo children increased dramatically during the 80's, it does not mean that Indigo children didn't exist prior to the 80's. I should know, I am 30 and an Indigo Adult.

I only found out recently that I am an Indigo. I thought I was unique in the way I perceived things, but apparently there are a lot of other people...just like me! Hehe, so much for Indigo's being unique then.

Anyway, I knew from a very young age (age 4) that I was here for a very specific purpose. However, I have no idea what it is yet, but sure I will find out in the years to come.

Has any other Indigos here on UM found their purpose in life yet? Let me know. You will know if it is something you were born to do...it will just feel right, like it was something you were destined to do.

Anyway, these characteristics were found on www.Metagifted.com. Have a look, it is a very interesting site.

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifte...dultIndigo.html

***Indigo Adult Characteristics***

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

1.) Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

2.) Are very creative and enjoy making things.

3.) Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

4.) Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

5.) Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

6.) May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

7.) Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

8.) Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

9.) Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

10.) May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

11.) May have trouble with RAGE.

12.) Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

13.) Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

14.) Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

15.) Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

16.) Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

17.) Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

18.) Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

19.) Have strong intuition.

20.) Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

21.) Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

22.) May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

23.) May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

24.) Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

25.) Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

PS: When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Psibear, How come everyone has your avatar? lol

Hi

The characteristics for Gifted Children and Indigo Children vary slightly. Even though the number of Indigo children increased dramatically during the 80's, it does not mean that Indigo children didn't exist prior to the 80's. I should know, I am 30 and an Indigo Adult.

I only found out recently that I am an Indigo. I thought I was unique in the way I perceived things, but apparently there are a lot of other people...just like me! Hehe, so much for Indigo's being unique then.

Anyway, I knew from a very young age (age 4) that I was here for a very specific purpose. However, I have no idea what it is yet, but sure I will find out in the years to come.

Has any other Indigos here on UM found their purpose in life yet? Let me know. You will know if it is something you were born to do...it will just feel right, like it was something you were destined to do.

Anyway, these characteristics were found on www.Metagifted.com. Have a look, it is a very interesting site.

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifte...dultIndigo.html

***Indigo Adult Characteristics***

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

1.) Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

2.) Are very creative and enjoy making things.

3.) Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

4.) Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

5.) Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

6.) May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

7.) Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

8.) Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

9.) Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

10.) May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

11.) May have trouble with RAGE.

12.) Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

13.) Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

14.) Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

15.) Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

16.) Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

17.) Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

18.) Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

19.) Have strong intuition.

20.) Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

21.) Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

22.) May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

23.) May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

24.) Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

25.) Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

PS: When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Most of these apply to me, save for about 5. Some questionable. However, sad to say, I'm not an emo kid, as the lists suggests.

Not buying into this false hope of X-Menism : )

Like the other thread on this. It parents wanting to label their children special.Thats it.

Well...20 out of 25 not too bad. I suppose it is not a test in the sense where you'll be failed and held responsible if you are not.

If you are great.

I am 24.5. The point 5, because I do follow politics, but only to see how stupid they can be.

I suppose that makes it 25 then, coz it clearly states..."alienation or anger with politics" and I have some definite anger towards politics.

Hmm...X-Menism. I wonder who will play me in the movie....lol.

Personally I don't think being Indigo makes any other human beings less important.

So, if you are not Indigo...there is nothing wrong with it.

Like the other thread on this. It parents wanting to label their children special.Thats it.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. My parents certainly did not label me as special. In fact the opposite is true.

I was often asked by my father why I was so different from my brothers and sisters.

For most of my life I tried to fit in and be "normal". No one labeled me as special...

You must remember, I am 30, and when I was young...the term Indigo was not widely used. I can assure you that the things I experienced from a very young age are vastly different from what other people experienced.

Things like...

Astral Travelling at the age of 7. Before anyone had ever mentioned anything like this to me.

Electro-sensitivity. I think I went through about 20 watches before the age of 12. I stopped wearing them eventually. Electrical appliances and lights breaking around me. I always got the blame though.

Remote Viewing...and then verified it by going to the place I viewed.

Hearing things and seeing things. Things I still do not understand to this day.

Woke up on night to the sound of the piano playing...it was the middle of the night and no one at the piano. Had glass move about 4cm in front of me. Toilet seat being up when I know I put it down. When I later pass the bathroom again...it would be up again.

Knowing when there is something near...spirit. Can sometimes identify them as male/female/child. Never spoke to them...too sh** scared.

I have known since about the age of 4 that I am here for a very specific purpose. I don't know what my purpose is yet, but sure I will find out soon.

My earliest memory dates back from about 9 months of age, maybe even earlier. This was not a result of hypnotic regression. Have never been hypnotized.

Empathy at a level where I can actually hear what someone is thinking. Finally forced myself to become emotionally shut off. It is easier that way...makes me more stable I suppose.

Knowing things before they happen. Not the typical "Armageddon" prophecies, but real life issues with real life people and events around me.

Lately, also the ability to control people and animals to some degree. Not sure how exactly it works, but it works a charm on the neighbourhood dogs when they are barking.

So in conclusion...I never asked for anything like this. I never asked to be different, but I am. Similarly, those parents recognize that their children display traits associated with being Indigo.

When I first read the list of characteristics, I was astounded to see that I was not the only person with all of those traits. I grew up trying to blend in and be as invisible as possible because of the way I was. Being Indigo is not just a fad...it is a description of a certain type of person.

If you had to meet me...you would realize that I am not the type of person to go out and shout "Look at me...look at me, I am Indigo!" In fact the opposite is more true...I keep it to myself and most of my friends, including girlfriend do not even know about it. Only the friends I have identified as being the same, know that I am.

I realized that if someone is the type of person who does not believe in things that they cannot see and comprehend....then it is easier to just let them be.