Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. fire on Canadian diplomats

Thanato

uhm, no one said americans were a&*holes, I've read the thread since the beginning. There were some harsh comments made against Canadians though.

Yes Canadians tend to think Americans are trigger happy, but that's only because of gun laws and the statistics of murders compared to Canada. Canadians kill each other with other weapons instead.

Yes, both countries have many stereotypes and judgements of the other, due to lack of education of our countries, to the other. Meaning, there is little taught about Canadian history in U.S. education. So alot of Americans still think Canadians live in Igloos, and have 6 months of sunshine 6 months of darkness. Being Canadian and being online for a couple of years, I've heard some doozies.

Now back on the original topic, a mistake was made by those soldiers, I hope it was unintentional and just a mishap, and that they'll be more careful, and that other countries will respect the other's orders.

Over and Out.

wow you are way off base

you sure it's this thread you were reading ?

1st it was Stevo from the UK who spent the most time putting down American soldiers, not a Canadian

and while that isnt racism, as a former US Army soldier myself it is a little tough to read someone has such a stereotypical low opinion of me and my fellow soldiers

2nd a mistake wasnt made by those soldiers

a huge mistake will be made if this episode makes them hesitent the next time such a situation comes along

maybe next time it will be a suicide bomber in a vehicle that looks like a diplomat truck

should the soldiers be wary to do thier job ?

should they fear backlash and just let the vehicle pass ?

that would be a HUGE mistake

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• et's daddy

• The Silver Thong

• Thanato

• billystevo

off base? where does it say americans are A-holes? please quote that one.

and not only were americans put down on this thread but canadians as well, but obviously to you that isnt important. Your own personal pride is.

well whopdidoo.

as they say, **** happens, eh?

off base? where does it say americans are A-holes? please quote that one.

and not only were americans put down on this thread but canadians as well, but obviously to you that isnt important. Your own personal pride is.

well whopdidoo.

as they say, **** happens, eh?

you said in your previous thread canadians think americans are trigger happy

as far as this thread goes you made a mistake

as i pointed out to you it was a brit that stated that

those are 2 seperate countries

maybe you were unaware

now you also asked to go back to the original topic

you stated that the americans made the mistake of shooting

see again youre in error

american soldiers are actually taught to shoot to kill when needed

they stoped the vehicle and everyone walked away

turned out for the best id say

next time, if there is one, i hope it turns out the same

or maybe the next time the Canadians will pull over as instructed

i assume you have never been in the military or a diplomat

so im not sure where your knowledge comes from

this threads still going with its anti american sentiment in bloom. the canadians were not even injured...hope to god no canadian is hurt but this threads beat. :sleepy:

whatever et'sdaddy, whatever. what I asked was to quote the post that americans were a-holes. that's all. Couldnt find it so you resort to insults. How mature.

Girty

This has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with something far less simple as a mistake did the U.S. shoot with out warning, or did the Canadian's drive in blindly. yes I do agree that there is alot of U.S. smack talk, but that by no means makes this thead a racist thread.

If you keep hearing post after post, thread after thread about anti America what does that speak of ? again What the hell are you talking about when you speak of racism? You are the first to bring that up.

I was just making an observation about some of the comments made in this thread and others. I don't think the subject of the thread is racist at all. Just some of the comments that were made. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. It was just an observation and opinion stated after reading nine pages of posts.

uhm, no one said americans were a&*holes, I've read the thread since the beginning. There were some harsh comments made against Canadians though.

Yes Canadians tend to think Americans are trigger happy, but that's only because of gun laws and the statistics of murders compared to Canada. Canadians kill each other with other weapons instead.

Yes, both countries have many stereotypes and judgements of the other, due to lack of education of our countries, to the other. Meaning, there is little taught about Canadian history in U.S. education. So alot of Americans still think Canadians live in Igloos, and have 6 months of sunshine 6 months of darkness. Being Canadian and being online for a couple of years, I've heard some doozies.

Now back on the original topic, a mistake was made by those soldiers, I hope it was unintentional and just a mishap, and that they'll be more careful, and that other countries will respect the other's orders.

Over and Out.

there is the post you made in error

you made some statements that were just plain false

i never said anyone called anyone an a-hole

never tried to argue that point with you

though you did make other mistakes, which i corrected :tu:

whatever et'sdaddy, whatever. what I asked was to quote the post that americans were a-holes. that's all. Couldnt find it so you resort to insults. How mature.

again you made statements in error that did not include "a-holes"

id love for you to quote to me exactly where i insulted you

if you think anything i have said to you so far is an insult, you lead a very sheltered life

get out a little

see the world

find out what a real insult is :tu:

I was just making an observation about some of the comments made in this thread and others. I don't think the subject of the thread is racist at all. Just some of the comments that were made. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. It was just an observation and opinion stated after reading nine pages of posts.

Girty no offence taken :tu: we both come from proud countries. I for one am glad to have the States as our neighbor and closest alley :tu:

Limited this is not a anti American thread,nor an anti Canadian thread. It's a discussion where people can express there views. :P:)

Edited by The Silver Thong

So alot of Americans still think Canadians live in Igloos, and have 6 months of sunshine 6 months of darkness. Being Canadian and being online for a couple of years, I've heard some doozies.

....Maybe the retarded ones. Anyways that's our Alaskan steriotype :P

....Maybe the retarded ones. Anyways that's our Alaskan steriotype :P

It's been so warm this winter where I live my Damn igloo keeps melting, there is absalutly no snow really none. Now I have to build one of them darn crazy wood house's <_<:P

Limited this is not a anti American thread,nor an anti Canadian thread. It's a discussion where people can express there views. :P:)

although, for awhile it was an anti stevo thread :rofl:

although, for awhile it was an anti stevo thread :rofl:

hehe so it was :lol:

Let me put you straight about what Brits feel about Americans and Canadiens from my own prospective of course as i dont speak for every Brit.

I like Americans they are generous people who will help anyone who is in trouble. Having said that i think they are easily led and can be lead like sheep due to their non interest in the world around them. Canadiens are different and look at the world around them and decide what is right for them.

Us Brits are still under the illusion we still have an Empire. Were all the same you know so lets get on with life without the killing.

Having said that i think they are easily led and can be lead like sheep due to their non interest in the world around them.

Tis true :( look what 50 Cent has done to us!

Holy *****... Last time I remembered I had something like 345 posts... I so ignored my profile... 999 wow...

Edited by StalingradK

Let me put you straight about what Brits feel about Americans and Canadiens from my own prospective of course as i dont speak for every Brit.

I like Americans they are generous people who will help anyone who is in trouble. Having said that i think they are easily led and can be lead like sheep due to their non interest in the world around them. Canadiens are different and look at the world around them and decide what is right for them.

Us Brits are still under the illusion we still have an Empire. Were all the same you know so lets get on with life without the killing.

WOW

vn post

but..........lol

had to be a but

i dont see the war in Iraq as killing

i see it as stopping killing

we are losing soldiers

all the allies are

but, and i speak as a soldier that has been in harms way, i do think it is a small price to pay for all the lives we are saving

there is no telling how many people Sadaam would have tortured if left in power

and if the help is needed elsewhere in the world i believe we should provide it

oh don't worry et's daddy, you didn't hurt my feelings, I'd have to care what you think for that to happen. :P

I'm glad God died and left You as his judge and jury.

Come on everybody take a deep cleansing breath. Lets refrain from the name calling, bickering and personal attacks (from all sides). This is the final warning for this thread.

you didn't hurt my feelings, I'd have to care what you think for that to happen. :P

ditto

I do agree with et'sdaddy it is a good thing that Sadam is out of power he was a wingnut, and trying to impart some sort of stability in Iraq is deffinitly a good thing that needed doing sooner or later.

I do agree with et'sdaddy it is a good thing that Sadam is out of power he was a wingnut, and trying to impart some sort of stability in Iraq is deffinitly a good thing that needed doing sooner or later.

Silver stop agreeing with me

its getting creepy

:rofl:

Silver stop agreeing with me

its getting creepy

:rofl:

I have to agree with you on that one it is pretty darn creepy

:rofl::lol::w00t:

i really dont see this ever being satisfactorily for everyone on all sides

if Canada says they were in error, i think many there will say they are only trying to appease the US

same goes if its the other way around

people will bicker and debate this to no end no matter what the governments decide

:no:

edit: Silver, dont agree with me again, take the opposing side for God's sake

Edited by et's daddy