Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. fire on Canadian diplomats

Thanato

Back on topic so if the situation was so threatening why only one 3 shots from one soldier?

If the 3 shots managed to cut the engine, more werent necessary.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• et's daddy

• The Silver Thong

• Thanato

• billystevo

I think that the truth is America is loosing the battle in Iraq, there forces are made up of kids recruited of the streets and made into semi soldiers. This makes them shoot at anything that moves , they generally miss. Britain sends proffesional soldiers who know what they are doing and see how American forces have made the Iraqis hate them by blasting them to oblivion.

No one is safe when American soldiers are around , even allies.

If the 3 shots managed to cut the engine, more werent necessary.

I think if they had opened fire to protect themselves they would not be aiming at the engine, they would have been trained to shoot to kill right, not shot to scare or slow a vehical. If it was truely believed to be a threat they would have shot the car to ****. From what I can make of this is one soldiers mistake, it happens all the time I will not hold it against him or the unit.

I think that the truth is America is loosing the battle in Iraq, there forces are made up of kids recruited of the streets and made into semi soldiers. This makes them shoot at anything that moves , they generally miss.

Yes, well, what you think isnt necessairly representative of reality.

I think if they had opened fire to protect themselves they would not be aiming at the engine, they would have been trained to shoot to kill right, not shot to scare or slow a vehical. If it was truely believed to be a threat they would have shot the car to ****. From what I can make of this is one soldiers mistake, it happens all the time I will not hold it against him or the unit.

Nah. Theres a progression. According to what I've heard of the ROEs, after you give a warning shot, you shoot into the engine block. If shooting into the engine block doesnt stop it from comming at you (say you're at a stationary checkpoint for example) then you shoot to kill.

I think that the truth is America is loosing the battle in Iraq, there forces are made up of kids recruited of the streets and made into semi soldiers. This makes them shoot at anything that moves , they generally miss. Britain sends proffesional soldiers who know what they are doing and see how American forces have made the Iraqis hate them by blasting them to oblivion.

No one is safe when American soldiers are around , even allies.

Rather than appearing clueless and making baseless claims, perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to what your military training is; how you have come to understand what level of training US troops may or may not have? Why the troops in this particular case were not justified in their actions?

For someone in the UK (Money has it that there is no military training or time in a combat zone) to say what level of skill soldiers may have is just silly. Armchair generals typing away from the safety of their homes who have not had ANY combat experience do not have the background or experience to be able to have ANY authority in making such claims.

Had to add Billystevo does have a point, most of the soldiers over there are just kids with hot heads and inflaited ego's. I'm surprised we havn't heard more of this type of thing happening, cause it does,it just never hits mainstream media. YaYa sources.

No I do not have the same impression as Billystevo, just pointing out a point hahaha.

The "hot heads and inflated egos" is a stereotype, I think. Although I'm not part of the US military, I know that up here I dont know a single person that can be qualified as a hot head with an inflated ego. I see no reason to believe that the US soldiers would be any different.

Had to add Billystevo does have a point, most of the soldiers over there are just kids with hot heads and inflaited ego's.

And you know MOST of the soldiers "Over there"?

Well stellar, i have heard (going on second hand info here) that the qulity of Canadian Training is different then the quility of US training. the US is more like a factory training large groups of people to get them avalable on the front lines fast, while Canada has a much smaller force and spends more time training you.

I do remember that a US soldier said, "I would rather have a Canaidan at my side then a fello American," (Thats not an exact quote but it went along those lines)

But lets all remember, You put someone with a loaded gun into a Combat zone were the enemy is all around you yet you cant see them, they are abound to be a little jumpy.

~Thanato

And you know MOST of the soldiers "Over there"?

No I don't know any of them, but what I do know is that the world impression due to media and actions from the military does tend to give the "general public" that impression. Are you saying these are not kids with an ego?

My boss Vic Vicers yaya nice name I know, he is Canadian and volunteered 3 yrs in a row in Vietnam. Talking to him alone does give me that outlook.

So the input of 1 person who fought a war fought by a huge portion of draftees who did not want to go to war 35 years ago gives you enough information to make insanely sweeping degrading coments about the US Military?

On the same note the "World Impression" (whereever you may be getting that from who knows) that you speak of does not accurately reflect the US military. As a person who was a Combat Medic (Emphasis on Combat; I served and fought in Iraq) for the US Army for the better part of my youth I can assure you that your generalizations are wrong and offensive to the many people who are "over there".

Do not confuse the actions of a small portion of people as reflecting on the entirety of a military.

Your comments and accusations are ridiculous and offensive.

So the input of 1 person who fought a war fought by a huge portion of draftees who did not want to go to war 35 years ago gives you enough information to make insanely sweeping degrading coments about the US Military?

On the same note the "World Impression" (whereever you may be getting that from who knows) that you speak of does not accurately reflect the US military. As a person who was a Combat Medic (Emphasis on Combat; I served and fought in Iraq) for the US Army for the better part of my youth I can assure you that your generalizations are wrong and offensive to the many people who are "over there".

Do not confuse the actions of a small portion of people as reflecting on the entirety of a military.

Your comments and accusations are ridiculous and offensive.

Now you are attacking me. I make Insanely sweeping comments degrading the U.S. military, man fluffy cool down I did no such thing.

My comments and "accusations" are rediculous and offensive. Point one out to me. Man Fluffy cool down I was not beating up your military I think you might have me confused with someone else.

Yes I have been on the site for a while and I do know you were in Iraq, and I say good for you, what you have just done is posted a one sided military view. I guess the military can now speak for the people wow.

As far as the world view on the U.S. hmm turn on the T.V. I did not insult or degrade the u.s. military in this thread,I simpley said that young men that go to war are hot headed as they were trained to be.

Geez Fluffy it's ok I'm on your side for the most part.

Between you and Stevo I have:

most of the soldiers over there are just kids with hot heads and inflaited ego's. I'm surprised we havn't heard more of this type of thing happening, cause it does,it just never hits mainstream media. YaYa sources.

there forces are made up of kids recruited of the streets and made into semi soldiers. This makes them shoot at anything that moves , they generally miss. Britain sends proffesional soldiers who know what they are doing and see how American forces have made the Iraqis hate them by blasting them to oblivion.

Americans dont give a hoot about anything they just shoot. No concern about Iraqis or anyone else , poor training and sending kids to the battle zone doesnt help.

You may have the best Airforce and Navy , but your Army is

The above quotes qualify as insanely sweeping and degrading comments.

I tire of the contined bashing of the US Military by people who have never served or even been to combat.

I will say that I did not(and should have) emphasize that my comments were pointed at Steve as well as you comments and for that I apoligize.

Thats cool Fluffy, and for the record only the top one is mine. I will say that most are young kids and ya most young kids do feel they have something to prove. If I am wrong then pls let me know. All's cool.

edit spelling

Edited by The Silver Thong

forces are made up of kids recruited of the streets and made into semi soldiers. This makes them shoot at anything that moves , they generally miss.

you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about

most of the US soldiers are not fresh kids off the street

actually most US units have a small handfull of new raw recruits

a company of US soldiers has about 200 soldiers and maybe 3 of them have been in the Army less then 6 months

they dont just shoot at anything that moves, as they are trained better then that

and they sure as hell dont generally miss what they are aiming at

i speak from 1st hand knowledge

where do you get the crap you spew ?

the US is more like a factory training large groups of people to get them avalable on the front lines fast, while Canada has a much smaller force and spends more time training you.

Umm, from what I hear, US training is quite similar in length to Canadian training, and from what I'm aware, the US training hasnt shortened in the past couple of years due to the actual need for front line troops.

I do remember that a US soldier said, "I would rather have a Canaidan at my side then a fello American," (Thats not an exact quote but it went along those lines)

Yes well, we're not sure what the circumstances for that are. It's possible that he thinks that the quality of instruction in our training is better, and turns out more professional soldiers. Its possible that he's right. Or its possible (and more probable IMO too) that he prefers the idea of a decentralised force. None of us know though. I do, however, find it hard to believe that anyone going through such training would come out gung ho and with an urge to kill anything and everything that moves, as is stereotypical of the US army, and to a lesser degree, every army. Why? Because, even if the quality of instruction is worse in the US army, hell, even if the quality of training is worse, there rules are still the same between the two armies, really.

My comments and "accusations" are rediculous and offensive. Point one out to me.

"most of the soldiers over there are just kids with hot heads and inflaited ego's"

I simpley said that young men that go to war are hot headed as they were trained to be.

Wow, so you now know exactly how they are trained?

And they wonder where all the civvy jokes come from...

I heard every american soldier over there eats babies and flash nuns

Edited by bathory

I heard every american soldier over there eats babies and flash nuns

According to some here, they do not have the skill to do that; and skip straight to attempting to shoot the babies and or nuns. Thakfully the hotheaded soldiers have never aimed the gun before and cant hit what they are aiming at so the babies and nuns are safe.

:rolleyes:

aaawww, and after all the help you give your american friends to pursue nice things, like "peace", "democracy" and "freedom".

CANADA. KNOW YOUR PLACE!.

we know our place, but who knows which side is true, this aint the first time america has "accidentally" shot at us, didnt they drop a bomb on some of our soldiers a few years back saying it was friendly fire?

Edited by Conspiracy

The Brits fear the Americans more than the Iraqis.

and lets keep it that way

Be afraid, be very afraid

Oh for pitys sake! :rolleyes: This is like my car is bigger than your car. The Brits don't fear the Americans, where do you get your info from?

And etsDaddy remember who your allies are. :tu:

Anyway from what I am reading the headline is wrong anyway. The U.S soldiers didn't fire on the Canadian diplomats they fired warning shots and not towrds the truck, there is a difference. The media love to embellish things! :rolleyes:

Edited by Lottie

Oh for pitys sake! :rolleyes: This is like my car is bigger than your car. The Brits don't fear the Americans, where do you get your info from?

And etsDaddy remember who your allies are. :tu:

but.....but........but....my car is bigger then your car

Rather than appearing clueless and making baseless claims, perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to what your military training is; how you have come to understand what level of training US troops may or may not have? Why the troops in this particular case were not justified in their actions?

For someone in the UK (Money has it that there is no military training or time in a combat zone) to say what level of skill soldiers may have is just silly. Armchair generals typing away from the safety of their homes who have not had ANY combat experience do not have the background or experience to be able to have ANY authority in making such claims.

Im not an armchair General , just know some British Military who served in Iraq and told me what was happening. They might be wrong because they have different training to the USA and see things differently.

Just glad the Canadiens are still alive, pity the RAF personel in a Tornado, who got shot down by American missiles. Perhaps the first Gulf war when you shot our tanks. Can you tell me of any time the British army has shot and killed your troops?

Im not an armchair General , just know some British Military who served in Iraq and told me what was happening. They might be wrong because they have different training to the USA and see things differently.

Just glad the Canadiens are still alive, pity the RAF personel in a Tornado, who got shot down by American missiles. Perhaps the first Gulf war when you shot our tanks. Can you tell me of any time the British army has shot and killed your troops?

Revolutionary War ?

Revolutionary War ?

Thats was the Brits shooting Brits who moved, King George was a nutter, if we had played it differently , you might still be part of the Commonwealth. :o