Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This'n That #12 - One if by land..Two if by sea

Saru

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy

• Bloated Corpse

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Saru

GREAT JOB NANCY! notworthy.gif

It does appear that the west has come full circle and is back to being complacent about life around us. Sheesh i can't believe that in 6 days it will be two years ago that it happened. Time moves fast, eh? crying.gif

Sky,

Thank you for reading. I have my fingers crossed that this editorial doesn't cause

any hard feelings here on the Forum.

Time does fly quickly, unless of course someone you loved/cared about was lost that day. Then? Time can stand still.

Sky? thanks again. wink2.gif

Another excellent editorial Nancy. On Sept. 11th, I will be thinking about all the families who've lost loved ones, including the families of the soldiers in Iraq.

Thank you KC.... original.gif Glad you read it.

I will think of those who lost family in Iraq too, plus Afghanistan.

You made a good point. It isn't just those who perished in this Country on September 11th. Those individuals, to our knowledge were victims doing what 'normal' people do....... working, visiting, etc. ... caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Although many military lives were obliterated at The Pentagon, most of those who perished that day, were not connected with our Military or our Government.

The domino effect is continuing to this day and will for decades to come, all over the Globe. The scourge of terrorism is hell. crying.gif

Excellent editorial Nancy. Yes, the domino effect may never end until life as we know it ends. At least, that is how I see it. I hope you get better replies than I did 2 years ago when I wrote about terrorists thumbsup.gif

Thanks again for the editorials original.gif

Homer...

I appreciate your comments. I hope that this editioral will not draw a lot of 'static' as you pointed out. That wasn't my intent on having SaRuMaN post this. In fact, due to the nature of the content, I told him I understood IF he didn't put this onsite.

So far? It hasn't been noticed much wink2.gif Maybe that will help whistling2.gif

wow... very touching and you are right. This tragedy has touched worldwide

Very touching. Well written Nancy. original.gif

I know, time has moved fast. Almost 2 years already.

Benjo...... I appreciate your reading this one.

So hard to comprehend all that has followed in the past two years.

Makes your head spin wacko.gif

Bravo.

Although I do have to say that when it all comes to the endgame, people just want things fast and easy. If we can get security to get this notion into their thinking then maybe the complacency issue wouldn't be as big as it is.

I myself have sat and thought about many of things that has changed since 9/11, but there is one thing that bothers me. The terrorists have only accomplished one thing from this mass sacrifice of life and that was how the nation dealt with day to day living. Although now it may seem that we are going back to the way we are before 9/11, in fact there are a lot more things taking place behind the scenes than there were before. I noticed that not only the airports were protected from terrorist threats when the color system went up, the banks, malls and just about anywhere a lot of people gathered got a lot of police security. I don't mind knowing that I am being protected from a potential threat but we are letting the terrorist when again when our daily lives are being interupted because some nutjob says he is gonna do something and never goes through with it.

I watched the specials on TLC about the WTC and the Pentagon and all the feelings I had then came back and they were still strong. I am just concerned about what might happen this 9/11 hopefully it will be a day for rememberence and celebration that we as humans can overcome ingnorance and hatered. I also cannot wait to see the Pentagon finished as the workers promised before 9/11.

Bloated Corpse (don't be offended, but typing that gives me the willies) rolleyes.gif

Thank you very much for reading and then for your extensive comments, they mean a lot to me! original.gif

I may be way off base here, but it was my understanding that The Pentagon is back to ship-shape and the reconstruction was completed well in advance of September 11, 2002.

Yes, "Security" has improved, to some degree. I live in a rather small town and do not travel, so my judgement may be off on this aspect.

Your comment about "fast and easy" is part of what drives me w00t.gif That attitude seems to have eased its way into everything here in the US. (off topic, but that applies to the current "war" in Iraq as well, in my opinion).

This age of extensive technology and innovation is wonderful, but it seems that Human Nature just cannot keep up. Working out the bugs takes time, yet most feel "fixes" should be accomplished overnight, that is impossible.

I agree, in just a few days, 9/11/03 will dawn. Memories, emotions, reliving that day will be difficult at the very least. "Terror" free here at home would be a blessing.

Bloated Corpse (don't be offended, but typing that gives me the willies) rolleyes.gif

It's kinda the whole point a mixture of shock and awe and plain horrification. grin2.gif

I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately cause of everything going on, and on top of that all the political mumbo jumbo elections n such. So I dunno if the Pentagon was finished early or not.

Good job Nancy.

That was a passionate and - true to form - honest editorial. The events of 9/11 haunt me to this day. I did not lose anyone directly, but I felt a great loss that day non-the-less.

Another tragedy resulting from this is that the remains of 1,271 WTC victims could not be identified. They are to be preserved in a permanent memorial at ground zero.

The absence of closure for the victim's loved ones must be devastating.

Exeter...... Thanks for reading.

We all felt a great loss that day, and for some it will never be "normal" again.

I recently read where some human remains were found in New York City (tissue and bone) just this week...... two years later.

And, the last FDNY Firefighter was buried this week. Unfortunately, the only item in the coffin was a vial of blood he had donated to a Bone Marrow Clinic. He still received full honors, as he should.

Tomorrow marks the Second Anniversary. Some say, "Get over it! Move on!"

I don't agree. Not at all. Most around the world were glued to TV's .... I was one of the ones who was able to hear first hand the actual HELL that took place before, during and after. If I relayed the details from "The PIT" in the Voids, you'd swear what was there was not possible, unless it was a Feature Film at your neighborhood cinema. Thank you again for reading and commenting wub.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I remember being sat at home, ill, flicking through the TV channels, and I saw a building on fire, I listend to it for a second, then flicked over, and over, to discover it was on all channels almost and then realised what was actually happening.

When I saw the second plane I first thought it was a replay of earlier. I couldn't believe it when I was watching it live.

I was aware I was back here in the Uk, safe, and could see such horror going off there. My head was spinning.....I could see what was happening, and as I watched thought... "This is live, as I can see this hapening, I am sat here at home"

Its hard to explain, but it felt really strange.