Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The Thing"

GrayTone

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• (31oha2a121)

• Bebi

• cKyJon88

I slowed down the video a lot and when it appears from behind the corner, it 1) creates a shadow and 2) is a featureless grey-tan blob, however if it was an animal it would appear to be upright in the front; The shape was actually reminiscent of a llama, at least in the front. After it appears from behind the corner it pauses for a fraction of a fraction of a second, then rapidly speeds out of view.

I do however think it is either a cat video sped up, or just flat-out faked. Why did the camera happen to be rolling and pointed at a nondescript part of the room, anyways?

I slowed it down and it looks like a stuffed animal of a yorkie.

user posted image

Edited by sub_x0ne

I slowed it down and it looks like a stuffed animal of a yorkie.

I didn't see a stuffed animal, specifically, but it looked to be in the pose that that Yorkie is in.

Please don't fake cryptids. That makes it harder to find the real ones. :( If they do exist, then some people are out of a job.

It could be a stuffed animal on a motorized toy. :o

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Someone could have just put a stuffed toy on a remote control car.

:alien::alien: crypto :alien::alien:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Someone could have just put a stuffed toy on a remote control car.

Was the video sped up then, in your opinon? I know a few people who would kill for a rc car that could go that fast.

I think there's extra evidence for it being sped up since obviously no rc car can go that fast, especially loaded down with a stuffed animal, and also the video noise (the grainyness) seems to move a lot faster than it normally would.

Why did the camera happen to be rolling and pointed at a nondescript part of the room, anyways?

Apparantly his "home servalence" tape caught it :blink: According to the "blurb" (which I can't c&p...) he's seen it before when he was "61 in Kansas" but this vid is taken in 2004... That makes sense of it all! :rolleyes:

I believe it.

"You believe it" what? :blink:

Who will honestly do that just to get fame? If they did they are stupid and should die. There's things that are out there that we dont even know about or even think about. who knows. As for now I got my mind opened.

Who will honestly do that just to get fame? If they did they are stupid and should die. There's things that are out there that we dont even know about or even think about. who knows. As for now I got my mind opened.

People will claim extraordinary things just for fame or attention. Go check out the Psychics forum you'll see what I mean. ;)

Edited by angrycrustacean

I watched it a couple times and as far as a remote control car I don't think so. To me it looks like someone set up the camera to film that exact spot and then placed a stuffed toy of somekind on something that could be pulled. It was tuged or pulled from behind the wall by a string.

Had to add ya it did look a stuffed dog :tu:

Edited by The Silver Thong

^Yeah could someone post a pic, I downloaded the vid and I just got 5 seconds of this...

Well for some reason I cant take a screen shot <_< but It looked like the screen you get when you fastfoward a tape on a VCR but heavily condensed...

Okay its working now, looks like a little brown/grey poodle...

does anyone notice how the kitchen grows much darker towards the end of the clip, as if the sun was setting over time and then the movie was sped up... just a suggestion

**Watch the white box type thing about 1/2 way up the right hand side of the door frame...

People will claim extraordinary things just for fame or attention. Go check out the Psychics forum you'll see what I mean. ;)

lol, he's one of the ones who claims to be able to do TK himself :P

It's looks like a cat running on its hind legs. I think it's hilarious; I made a game out of trying to pause it at the right time.

Edited by analog_warrior

Who will honestly do that just to get fame? If they did they are stupid and should die.

Well they're pretty illiterate so that's one point ^_^:lol:

Slaps self for being bad :devil:

Analog - did you manage it? I only managed to get it as it went behind the table... Guess my reflexes aren't good enough :rofl:

Edited by Bebi

Well, I thought it was like that speedy thing in the Ewok Battle for Endor TV Movie. The rat guy.