Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst Sci-Fi EVER!

Rykster

Titan AE

Are you serious? That is such a damn good movie. And the animation is awesome too.

Rykster, I would suggest seeing I, Robot. That was actually a really good movie.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rykster

• Shakezulah

• Subtemperate

• Koriel

Any movie made by and for the Sci-Fi Channel. I think they are intentionally bad; at least I hope so.

And I agree:

AI. hated that movie.

I will have to add "I Robot."

I never saw the darned thing but the trailers made me cringe. Also, any sci-fi with what's his name? Will Smith? Fergetaboutit. ID was enuff for me. Yuck!

Well, there you go. The "Smithness" is kept to a minimum and his character is actually interesting. They story is also good, although it is the typical "I told you so!" plot where only one guy predicts the coming danger.

Ok, I'm only partly disagreeing. 1 and 2 were pretty awful, but I think ep3 was very good. Too many saber duels, not enough large scale gun fights, but a good movie in its own right. Not a patch on the original though.

Anyhow, my worst sci-fi movie of all time would have to be Sphere. Bored the hell outta me. It had a good concept, and a good cast, but they just...... missed, somehow, if I'm making any sense.

Personally, I like the prequels. I think it was the more physical comedy that pulled 1 and 2 under. In the original triliogy there was comedy, but it was mostly verbal and between Han and Leia. Also all of the exotic locals were too bright compared to the dark, grittyness of the old movies.

Sphere is not a bad sci-fi movie. I think the problem was that it tried to be scary and have sort of a 2001 feel to it, but it wasn't suspenseful enough. Timeline has a similar "missed" feel to it, and the book is much better.

Bad Sci-fi (in no order)

1. Armageddon (Everything that can go wrong, does. Constant explosions for two hours.)

2. War of the Worlds (Spielberg version: Has little to do with the novel, a vehicle for special effects. )

3. Treasure Planet (I dislike this mainly because Disney officially can't think of their own ideas. Example:Treasure Island IN SPACE!)

4. Mysterious Island (Any Version: Nothing to do with the novel, except the name. A couple of versions add giant creatures to "improve" the story. If people can watch Castaway, then they can watch a true-to-the-source version.)

There are other "So-bad-it's-good" movies that I enjoy watching, because they are so hokey and lame. For instance, in a movie called the Angry Red Planet, a group of astronauts land on the jungle-covered Mars (yes, jungle-covered)and reach a lake. The leader dips his hand in and says, "It looks like water." To which another says,"I'll go back to the ship and get the boat." A Boat? Why would anyone bring a boat to Mars?!! :blink:

"I'll go back to the ship and get the boat."

Thanks for your contribution. I enjoyed it. Really!

Bring a boat to Mars?! That is rich!

Maybe if "I Robot" were a movie standing on its own things would be different. I just get ranckled when they bastardize the work of Isaac Asimov. Maybe it's just me, but if I knew there were an afterlife, Isaac would be screaming at the top of his lungs. "NO, NO, NO!!! Arrggghh!"

The worst sci-fi's

1. Slipstream (1989) - This movie was soo bad........ it's hurts to remember it....

Slipstream

2. The Time Machine - ugh!!! I loved the old one then they had to f*%$ it up!

The Time Machine

3. Battlefield Earth - I went to the theatres to see this and I feel asleep. Did you guys know that L. Ron Hubbard wrote the book which this movie is based on... talk about bad sci- fi

Battlefield Earth

Independence Day and Armageddon. They bored the pants clean off me. Lost in Space sucked big style.

Ha talk about these one's Hell comes to frog town, space hunter, and tankgirl, wait did i like them or hate them ah who care's. haha

other "So-bad-it's-good" movies

Yeah I know what you mean...films like Mars Attacks! that was pretty lame, but there's something about it that was pretty attractive :P

Yeah Time line...I feel so sorry for that french guy. And the ending was very predictable. hmm.

Time machine...well, well. those things just reminded me of Lord of the Rings. and the story was pretty boring.

I, Robot was ok. It's not the worst you can get. Same with Armaggedon and ID4. It was bearable if you think it's some action adventure stuff.

Aliens Ressurections...that was very lame. It was sick and boring at the same time.

does movies like Event Horizon count as sci-fi?...it was pretty scary stuff but it was boring.

Minority report / War of the worlds...Tom, Tom, Tom... :( sigh.

Jurrasic park 2 and 3...the first one had some surprize effect, so it was ok, but 2 and 3 was not good.

Riddick/Pitch black...ehm.

did anyone like Dark City (with Kiefer Sutherland) ? I thought it was ok, but some might not like it so much.

Pitch Black and Riddick are extremely awesome movies....especially Riddick.

Alien Ressurection was pretty good..not great, but entertaining. It's nowhere near as bad as AVP.

Event Horizon was cool. I agree, kinda boring in some parts, but it was fairly creepy and gory.

I liked all 3 Jurassic Parks. 3 was really damn short though.

Also, I don't understand why so many people are against War of the Worlds. I thought it was amazing.

Yeah I know what you mean...films like Mars Attacks! that was pretty lame, but there's something about it that was pretty attractive

Actually, I was talking about 1950s-60s B-movies. Mars Attacks! is in the same vein, but it is making fun of itself, while the old movies were trying to be serious. I mean MST3K kind of stuff.

I am quite surprised I have not seen "waterworld" mentioned...

'Subtemperate':

I can't comment on Waterword.

I have never gotten through it without falling asleep! :w00t:

Wow! I had forgotten about that one. That is way up there in whatever way you define bad!

Yikes! :o

You're most welcome !!...lol

Don't worry ...it will sink in the depths of your memory as deep and fas t as WATERWOLRD ! :wacko:

Waterworld...I think I saw that in the theater. Damn, that is a long movie. Some of it's pretty cool, but it's a lot longer than it should be...and pretty boring for the most part.

Independence Day and Armageddon. They bored the pants clean off me. Lost in Space sucked big style.

I thought Independance day & Armageddon rocked...though I have to agree with you on the Lost in Space that was pants :blink:

So bad you have to love it. Space Hunter: Adventure's In The Forbidden Zone

Peter Struass and Molly Ringwald never looked better.

The best line... The Amazon warrior women capture him and they say amongst themselves that they bet mating with them would kill him. He says..... I'll take that bet. :D

Edited by chunga

Lost in Space was silly....but still a pretty fun movie.

I don't remember much of ID but I thought Armageddon was awesome.

Ha talk about these one's Hell comes to frog town, space hunter, and tankgirl, wait did i like them or hate them ah who care's. haha

Tank Girl was an odd movie. But I liked it enough to watch it 3 times. But her voice makes me cringe. I liked jet though.

• 2 weeks later...

Species III...sucked ****.

So did 2. The first one was the only good one out of the series.

Tremors is Sci-Fi, so it counts. This topic is not meant to be limited to just "space" sci-fi.

And yes, "Tremors" sucked! :yes:

it did not :angry2: :angry: :angry2: :angry: :angry2:

• 1 month later...

I just watched 2001.........it had some good parts, but overall too slow to get to the point and boring as hell! <_<