Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM 8.0 updates & suggestions

Saru

U.M. dating service, and philosophy forum

Edited by Super Pancake

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Saru

• different

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may seem trivial, but there's been a few instances of people signing up just to harass certain people in their blogs. Not an overwhelming number, but a few.... would it be possible to set the blog section to members only?

Although it's easy to deal with, for the most part, when it happens, yeah this is a good idea since it has happened a few times.

More mods....

Yeah about 28,000 members and only 16 mods isn't to good

I think a mod for each section...that is, a mod who only has "mod powers" in one specific forum. That way, we can have some mods that are always around, then we have some whos specific job is to look after a certain section.

Oh yeah thad be awesome because i know of some mods ( I will not name for the saftey of my account :P ) who already stay in one scetion for pretty much most of the time

We'll have to see about that one. ;)

Perhaps you can double our current salary :D

Hmm lets see about that

2x0=0 Yeah hes right :P

Bigfoot, please don't just post for the sake of posting.....

....I do find it rather odd that those who ask for more mods, don't seem to report many threads or posts..... As if there is so much we are missing, and you notice it, it should be brought to our attention....

Anyhow, I agree with the psychology and the brain forum idea, as that interests me quite a bit. As for other things i will have to think about it a while...

...maybe a trampoline in the mod lounge..? :D

Some advertising for the debates section. :P

Many members dont even seem to realise the section exists when a great number would be able to have trully worthwhile and interesting debates.

Lottie and I have already discussed going around to each area of the forum and looking at current topics that could be turned into a debate as generally there is already a very large amount of debating going on in many of these topics.

Bigfoot, please don't just post for the sake of posting.....

Whoops sorry just making a joke :yes:

anyway I think we should have the Community board be sperated into its own forum

I would like to see some tickers on the website with stuff like news and new members and birthdays.

Maybe special member benefiets :yes:

Please don't make me pay. I have no money. If we do something like that could it be for members who have been here for a certain amount of time or how many posts they have or even how good their avatar is. Please don't make me pay. :cry:

Might just be me, but I'd like to see a true crime section to discuss all sorts of criminals, from the serial killers, arsonists and terrorists, like how the work, think and feel. Also to up to date news on such areas.

I like the idea of a true crime section.... :tu:

Would that not be part of world affairs?

p.s The winner of last season will be announced shortly... ^_^

Huh :huh:

Kratos's idea is the best so far ( that shows how little improvment there is left for this website, and it shows how smart Kratos is )

OH. NVM. Do we have a chat room that would be nice.

OH. NVM. Do we have a chat room that would be nice.

We do. It's under the banner, on the very right, and it's one of the reasons mods strangle people for stupid posts like this.

Edited by angrycrustacean

SRY. In the update could it be a little more obvious?

yeah maybe so the mods don't have to choke people :P

i am still voting for more mods and a new color the blue makes me get headaches after staring at it for to long

Perhaps I suggest not staring it it for so long then?

Anyhow, please EVERYONE, unless you have something new to add to this thread please do not continually post in it. We are now on page 4 and have had in reality about 5 new things offered.

I'd like to see it made so that when you click to view a blog from a user's profile, it takes you to that blog specifically and not the list of recent entries. It can be annoying to hunt or search through all the new entries, especially if that particular blog hasn't updated for a while.