Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM 8.0 updates & suggestions

Saru

I agree. We definetly need a new site banner. The old one was nice but I think we something newer. Maybe even animated. Also I think there should be banners that work as links to this website that we can post on other websites. :yes:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Saru

• different

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah New site banner maybe with bigfoot this time around

What happens if bigfoot gets disproved before 2011? That would be a waste. It needs to be something more general. Plus, do things get reset during an update? I hope not because it took me forever to personalize my user.

I actually like the banner. :tu:

You know I don't have any complaints. I think that this site is very user friendly. I went to other forums and they are so annoying to navigate. If this place gets suped up that would be fantastic but I already think it's been very well done.

PS-The "help" section should be in bold. A lot of people don't seem to know it is there for some reason :P

Don't resits the egg Yel for they will hunt you down and kill you

( what do you mean 2011 )

anyway I think that the picture on the top of the website include Bigfoot

Bigfoot please don't reply to everything for the sake of posting.

[edit]

Ah, i see Dis beat me there. :)

Edited by BurnSide

ohhh, a money system... To buy starbucks..

but still you have to admit about 28,000 members and only 16 mods and only 14 of them can close threads ( Debate mods can't )

Actually we can and we do... on the debates board. :devil::D You've been warned! :P

I love Kratos' suggestion!!!

A psychology section and a true crime section (perhaps we could include unsolved crimes).

That would be great :tsu:

I think that a True Crime section would be great, but if we were to incorporate psychology into it, it might a little tricky if people were to ask about certain psychological problems or illnesses. As far as I know, no one on the board is qualified to give any kind of advice or information on the subject.

Like I said, True Crime would be a fantastic idea but as long as we kept it fairly specific to that category.

Oh man, add a delete post button. Like people who double post by accident. I've seen that tooooo tooo too toooooooo many times.

A delete button is not a good idea as there's a lot of potential for abuse. Best thing to do if you double post is report it, and a mod will be more than happy to delete the extra post.

and maybe a archive of all posts ever made by anyone so if a member ( say like gandalf2013 ) deletes all of his/her posts we can just do a serch and POOF there is all the posts they ever made

and maybe a DISSAPERANCE forum for people like Michel Rockafeller or Jimmy Hofa

but still you have to admit about 28,000 members and only 16 mods and only 14 of them can close threads ( Debate mods can't )

Debate organisers such as myself and Lottie do have the power to close threads in the debates section. We have the power of Moderators but its just contained to the debates section.

think the Movies, Music, books and televison section should be split into three differnt sections - One for Music, one for Movies and Televison and one for books. There seems to be a continueing trend in which threads about books are overwhelmed and forced from the page by threads about Music, movies and Televison, which seems to stop those interested in said book seeing the thread and commenting.

I personally am an avid book reader and would love to discuss many novels with the members of UM but I doubt an entire sub-forum for books would be appropriate. There would be topics but not enough to have there own sub-section. Movies & TV could be one section while Books and music maybe could go together. Alone Music and books cant justify having their own sub-sections but together it could work.

Edited by AztecInca

I think that a True Crime section would be great, but if we were to incorporate psychology into it, it might a little tricky if people were to ask about certain psychological problems or illnesses. As far as I know, no one on the board is qualified to give any kind of advice or information on the subject.

Like I said, True Crime would be a fantastic idea but as long as we kept it fairly specific to that category.

I really didn't mean a help section for people with problems as more to news updates, new experiments, studies and break throughs about the minds and how we tick.

True crime does have some amount of messing with the mind a little bit. Seeing what makes the criminals tick, but not a full blown psychology section within it. As there is still evicence, clues and different cases to be discussed.

Just to clarify. :)

I think the community board should be split apart from GOTD and made its own forum

also belive that UM should have a forum for Sports

I don't think we need a whole sub-section just on new discoveries on the brain, it's not like they happen each and every day of the week. If there was one on Science Discoveries that would be cool. I would be worried that the true-crime section could get gory :o

My only suggestion: when someone posts a giant picture I notice that the right hand margin goes really far across, or in the blogs, the edit button disappears. So perhaps a size limit to pics would be handy...

Other than that I *love* UM :D:tu:

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

I don't think we need a whole sub-section just on new discoveries on the brain, it's not like they happen each and every day of the week.

There is a vast world in psychiatry. Addictions, depression, alzheimer's, and much more dealing with the brain and human mind.

I would be worried that the true-crime section could get gory :o

I would assume all UM rules would still apply. :)

My only suggestion: when someone posts a giant picture I notice that the right hand margin goes really far across, or in the blogs, the edit button disappears. So perhaps a size limit to pics would be handy...

I hate that with a passion when people do that. <_< Really, it's not that hard to save the image, resize it quick then post it on UM. So I'd have to agree with that suggestion. :yes: