Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM 8.0 updates & suggestions

Saru

I don't like the new UM text with the bevel, might be hard to read for newcomers and isn't the cleanest. Other than that I'd say its the complete opposite! Getting cleaner. I like the new search feature a lot. This will be useful.

Edited by smallpackage

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Saru

• different

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good, I'm sure evryone will agree the new logo is pretty cool. B)

lol did you do that bit dazzy? I'm impressed.

I particularly like this bitty....

Unexplained Mysteries also hosts the largest on-line paranormal forum in the world

:yes: yes indeed we ARE the biggest and the best lol

Keep up the good work saru (and dazzy) :tu:

Roll on Stage 2 :lol:

user posted image

Yes indeed, especially if the mysterious dAz approves of it.

lol did you do that bit dazzy? I'm impressed.

I would like to take credit - however 'twas not me. Tis Saru's handywork.

Yes that's right....

I did NOT do it!

:lol:

I would like to take credit - however 'twas not me. Tis Saru's handywork.

Yes that's right....

I did NOT do it!

:lol:

everything is lookin right snazzy :tu: and ...what!? u didnt do any of this dAz? :o:ph34r: lol only joking

I think daz and Saruman are one in the same. Alteregos...

For the record, I don't post under any other username than my own. Daz has been an admin here since the forum began and we are not one in the same, as i'm sure those members who have met both of us will attest to.

how come theres no cryptids

Look a little closer, there's one in there somewhere. ;)

I don't like the new UM text with the bevel, might be hard to read for newcomers and isn't the cleanest.

Yeah I was wondering about that, I might have a go at making the text brighter, as it tends to disappear into the background on darker moniters.

I'd also like to ask anyone who experiences any unusual bugs or problems with any of the modified site areas to let me know. Thanks. :tu:

:o And break his own forum rules:

Forum rules <--this is a link by the way.

10. No multiple identities - No registering multiple usernames and engaging in 'multiple personality' activities; i.e. pretending to be several different people. Anyone caught doing this will have all related usernames disabled and their posting privileges removed.

Although the greatest hypocrisy often comes from the top :P

Edited by Paranoid Android

10. No multiple identities

I rest my case. :tu:

Back to the topic at hand, i've moved the threads relating to the site updates around, pinned a thread in the support board which will be updated with every stage that is completed and merged these comments with the comments and suggestions thread.

At this stage i'm still open to suggestions and ideas, and thanks to those who have offered feedback relating to the first stage of updates.

The second stage is currently in the works, and should be appearing in the near future.

I particularly like this bitty....

:yes: yes indeed we ARE the biggest and the best lol

I think you mean bestest, thisty.

It still needs some pink though <_<

Yeah I was wondering about that, I might have a go at making the text brighter, as it tends to disappear into the background on darker moniters.

I have to disagree, i LOVE the new text, I think it looks fantastic. What about changing the colour? Maybe to similar to the log on the forum, gold glowing? It would link in weith the header text colour for "Main Menu", "Multimedia", "Discussion".

p.s. saru and dazbag are most definately not the same person ;) *giggles*

Edited by Snowbaby

:blush: Perhaps I missed it...not unusual actually, however; did the Admin. delete the "anonymous" option for our SN's, on board? I can see myself on the list of members that are here and that's new to me. :blink:

Thank you for your attention to this inquiry.

G.

Oops, forgot this bit: Regarding multiple SN's. (discussed above). I respect the policy of refusing to allow one person multiple personalities on board. However I was curious how one would determine that to be the case in the event more than one person in a household is a member!? Consequently, I would presume, the same computer that everyone shares IP would appear each time each person & their SN logged into the site.

Edited by Imaginary Friend

Perhaps I missed it...not unusual actually, however; did the Admin. delete the "anonymous" option for our SN's, on board? I can see myself on the list of members that are here and that's new to me.

As far as I know you can always see your own username on the list, but if you are set to anonymous then nobody else can. If you are anonymous your name will appear to you with an asterisk next to it.

Edit - Thanks to Lottie for pointing this out, as it turns out you cannot see your own name on the users list if you are set to anonymous. On saying that, no changes have been made to the anonymous login system. Remember to check the aproproate checkbox on the login screen to set yourself as invisible.

Regarding multiple SN's. (discussed above). I respect the policy of refusing to allow one person multiple personalities on board. However I was curious how one would determine that to be the case in the event more than one person in a household is a member!? Consequently, I would presume, the same computer that everyone shares IP would appear each time each person & their SN logged into the site.

We do have ways of determing that, people who are trying to abuse the system with multiple identities are usually very easy to spot. Several people in the same household are quite welcome to register and use seperate accounts however, the 'muliple identities' rule doesn't apply in those situations.

Edited by SaRuMaN

I still wish he included bigfoot <_<

but other than that Great work saru :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and, a place where adult topics can be discussed. I'm not talking about anything perverted, just adult topics that aren't normaly allowed around here.

I still wish he included bigfoot <_<

but other than that Great work saru :tu:

PLEASE.......stopping using this thread as a place to post whore.

I don't know if this can go in any of the existing forums, but perhapes one to discuss medical mysteries, and other things regarding the human body.

Just a quick note to say that i'm currently working on updates to the discussion forum, which will include many of the improvements and additions mentioned in this thread.

More will be posted about what will be included in the near future.

How about a list of banned thread topics.

Like... I get annoyed while cruising through the boards, and finding topics, where people claim to be vampires, werewolves and such.

It's silly and immature, the least they could give us is video evidence.

Also, skeptics in the Psychic forum are i nthe process of debunking certain 'abilities' that members say they have. One of them is Electrokinesis, however, despite the fact that it's debunked, more people claim to have it..

Just a thought :P

How about a list of banned thread topics.

In any individual forum, at the bottom you can arrange threads by their current status, so you can look just at the ‘locked’ topics if that’s what you wanted to do…

Here’s a possible suggestion for the debates forum; maybe there could be an open sub-forum where people can link to a specific debate that took place and discuss it further, so the discussion doesn’t have to be cut off at the end of the official debate..? :su

How about more advertising for the Debates and Team Debates? Some people are just left there with no opponent. Especially Team Debates, because it's in a Subforum.

Edited by frogfish

I have a good idea,

A Languages Section

to discuss languages of course.

But I can see where that would be challenging considering you dont know what people are saying, and they may say some "bad" things.

Maybe you should have a designated mod that knows a language, like a Mod for Spanish, a Mod for French, a Mod for Italian ext ext, and languages that didnt have a mod couldn't be discussed to keep things "G"