Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM 8.0 updates & suggestions

Saru

For the Science section how about a Psychology, subsection. It's hard to find a proper section to post a thread concerning some psychological problems and new articles concerning psychology.

I think it would be great for UM's science section. :tu:

I don't wanna seem unappreciative. The whole updates are amazing. :D And the new forum header looks great. Change is always good.

Edited by Scorpius

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Saru

• different

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Whining voice) I want the old forum head back. :P

No, most everything's alright. Just takes some getting used to.

Although I'm at a loss as to how to understand those stars that represent your posts.

These stars will take a while to get used to. I notcied they degraded the users. I think I was a Majestic 12, now Im back to being a Psychic Spy. It took a while to leave that one in the dust, and now its back to haunt me!

Edited by Tillghast

Although I'm at a loss as to how to understand those stars that represent your posts.

Yeah... the bars were a lot better.

the bars were a lot better.

I think it's because of the yellow colour. Stars stand out more. How about a more consistent colour. Personally, I don't mind... change is good. I changed the colour of the stars with a more consistent hue.

These stars will take a while to get used to. I notcied they degraded the users. I think I was a Majestic 12, now Im back to being a Psychic Spy.

The new updates allows members with 1000+ posts to costumize their rank title (change the name ie. psychic spy can be government agent). I think this was a great idea :tu:

You can read it in SaRuMaN's Post, under "Custom Rank Titles:This option is available from 'My Controls' >> 'Edit Profile Information'."

post-3337-1141886004.gif

Edited by Scorpius

More mods is a good idea because this forums getting WAY to big for 16 mods to handle

only because theres so much of rucus going on, the number of mods we have works perfectly fine I think...

I also agree with the idea for a Psychology and Philosophy section, that would be very interesting! :yes:

I also agree with the idea for a Psychology and Philosophy section, that would be very interesting!

I third that!

Everything looks incredible, SaRuMaN. Great job. :yes:

I love the new ranking system, because now you can customize your rank.

Been gone for a while, came back and almost didn't recognize it! Wow. Nice! Thank you guys so much for all the pita work you put into it. Looks great! :)

what about a poll board

or

[/b]

and

a paranormal puzzle quizes and games board =including downloadable material

members can play each other online

virtual simulations too

and myself as part of the team lol seriously though im in for the long haul

how can i be a part of this intriqit bewitching website.

is there a list or do i have to earn credits

im very interested in participating in debate moderater or team moderater

is there anything available? or information on how to etc.?

thank you

abecrombie

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I'm seeing some discussion on the star post counter and if you want I can try to make some kewl status symbols with photoshop... I'm pretty good with it and can make some interesting things...

But besides that I really don't think that UM has anything it could change about, except that just 1k posts to get a custom header seems just a tad low... Maybe with 5k to give the dedicated users a reward would seem pretty good, but besides that right now it's awesome! :D

EDIT: Maybe a bit more smilies, actually. I have some good ones you can use :D

I think we should have a best overall UM member award

non-mod= 500 nominations for award

Debate mod= 1000 nominations for award

mod= 1500 nominations for award

admin= 2000 nominations for award

( i had them go up because everyone likes saru for founding this website )

the winner should be announced every new years

also you can only win 2yrs in a row then skip a year and then you can be nominated again

i would like to be the organizer of this award if it goes through starting next year if its to much trouble for you saru no worries

i have more rules but i would like to see if it goes through first ^_^

I suggest a better header logo for the main site and the forums. I am a graphic designer and willing to help. I could make something up and if you like, you can use it. I can assure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Drop me a PM if you want to talk.

I also agree with the idea for a Psychology and Philosophy section, that would be very interesting! :yes:

I agree! A philosophy section would be wonderful, I think it would be a great addition. Mods, please consider this.

Edited by dnb420

Just a word about this thread, it was intended originally as a place for ideas and suggestions for the upcoming site upgrades, however now that the upgrades have been completed it's not likely that any of the recent suggestions will be implemented. In addition most of the best ideas have already been used.

As such i'm going to close this thread for now, but as always I very much appreciate the suggestions put forward here, in particular those that were implemented in the updates.

Thanks. :tu: