Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aircrafts of India & Egypt

Mr-X

The indians of India tell stories of aircrafts that flew in the air in ancient times. These were called Vimanas.

The Ancient egyptians also saw aircrafts flying through the air in ancient times and this is depicted on the wall of abydos.

www.cyric.lichlord.org/Aircraft1.htm (Indian)

www.cyric.lichlord.org/Aircraft2.htm (Egyptian)

what do you all think?

X

Firstly, I'm curious as to what it was they used as fuel, and secondly, what were these things made out of, paper machie? Undoubtedly they would have had to been fashioned out of some sort of metals, why haven't we been able to find any rusted out hulks? Metal wouldn't deteriorate that quickly, especially in a dry environment like Egypt. They've found all sorts of artifacts composed of much more fragile material, why not one of these vehicals, or at least components from them?

Magikman  :sg

So UFOs are not flown by aliens but early ancestors coming back from where ever to see how the kids are getting on.

:s6

[blue]It's interesting, especially those Egyptian hieroglyphs. I'm half tempted to surmise that they are simply mundane objects which just happen to look something like our modern aircraft. Yet, they do look very similar. I'd be interested to know what the hieroglyphs stand for in ancient Egyptian language - do they mean something 'airborne' or 'flying' or do they mean something entierly different? If they could be linked to aviation or something in the air, I'd be more inclined to believe that something odd was going on.

[/blue]

:se

as far as i know, not much i admit when it comes to heiroglyphics, they do not mean anything.  there just there

Magik,

i have no idea what they used for fuel. Maybe the vimanas were alien spacecrafts ??? or maybe they got the energy from crystals :-/.

A few years ago i  read something about an ancient airship that was discovered in a Romanian cave.  ???Ill try and look for some information and ill get back to you :).

As for the Egyptian hieroglyphics, what can i say, they are extremely interesting. Especially the helicopter :o. Maybe the Egyptian priests could see into the future ??? or maybe time travellers from the future went back to Egypt and showed them this technology.

If anyone finds any kind of information on the meanings of these Egyptian Hieroglyphics please pass it on. I really want to find out what they mean. :)

X

[blue]I know that Egyptian hieroglyphs either represent the exact object that they are a picture of, or they represent something else. They always represent something and are never carved into stone just for the fun of it.  :P[/blue]

Heres a site that MIGHT ??? explain why the Hieroglyphs look like modern technology.

www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html

I personally do not agree with what this person believes :s1, but it might shed some light into this subject :).

What do you all think?

X

[blue]I just read that link. I have heard of palimpsests before and I have to go along with what this guy says. In addition, he is correct in his logic that if the Egyptians had mastered flight, there would be more references to it...

Point of note: in CONTACT the book/film the message is also a palimpsest - in that many different texts are written over each other.

weird[/blue]

:s02

IMO, I honestly don`t believe that the technology was ours. I think that the more logicial (if that) explanation to the pictures and knowledge of such flying machines is the same as ours today. UFO!

If we put the same theory behind our current ufo beliefs today and think about how easily the same circumstances could have been that way 2000 years ago... it is very possible.

What I mean is... we have many people claiming contact and seeing such ships... yet we have NONE around for proof... just eye witness testimony. So who`s to say that the stories and pictures of all these accounts back then aren't infact true? The "Aliens" just never left any spacecraft debris around to prove it. But then again... there many unkown metallic objects supposedly millions of years old (metalic spheres found in south africa).

As well... I think Magic... you were the one who posted that awesome site of paranormal.com with all the old photos with UFO`s in them that were painted by different people, in different countries from around the world dating back as far as 1300 ad. Now that may not be very far... but some of these pics were really cool. I`ll have to see if I can find reference to them again.

So in conclusion... I believe there is a possiblity that there were ancient space craft... UFO`s... just as there are today. Still both are unprovable... but none less the stories are still heard.

MM do you remember where that site was?

Myst

Myst,

Actually Mr. X was the first one to post a link to examples of historical UFO artwork, CLICK HERE

Magikman  :)

ah hah....  thats the one alright...

Intresting stuff

thx

Magikman Posted on: Mar 29th, 2002, 6:16am

Firstly, I'm curious as to what it was they used as fuel, and secondly, what were these things made out of, paper machie? Undoubtedly they would have had to been fashioned out of some sort of metals, why haven't we been able to find any rusted out hulks? Metal wouldn't deteriorate that quickly, especially in a dry environment like Egypt. They've found all sorts of artifacts composed of much more fragile material, why not one of these vehicals, or at least components from them?  

they might of been powered by wind or solar power. the site said 'Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material.' metal isn't light so it might of been made out of lighter material. i thought some sort of carbon but that doesn't deteriorate that quickly. maybe we can't find them is because they crashed during some war and the remains were buried in the sand.

anyways, that was my two cents. what do you all think :sr

[blue]No offense intended guys, but I think everyone is going round in circles on this matter - it is clear to me from that palimpsest link, that the images/hieroglyphs are nothing more than an illusion caused by the reuse of rock. There were no helicopters back then, and although there may have been Ufos (the Egyptians spent an awful lot of their time looking up at the stars and probably would have seen them if they were knocking about), I doubt that these glyphs refer to them.

In my mind, the mystery has been solved. [/blue]

Loonboy,

there is no evidence to prove that there was 'planes' in ancient time but there is no evidence to prove otherwise either.

here's an interesting idea i just thought of when typing this .......

maybe the 'planes' they saw where from our time, which stumbled into their time through a time slip or something like that. Maybe flight 19, that disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle, actually got transported back to the egyptian times and that's what the egyptians based their hieroglyphs on.

this picture would make alot more sense then

i doubt this is a bird -  no birds with vertical tails were ever seen in Egypt on the middle East and the egyptians usually made things with great detail

[blue]Dowdy,

the lack of evidence to prove that there were planes in Egyptian times should suggest that there were, in fact, no planes in Egyptian times. As for evidence to prove that they were not, exactly what kind of evidence would this be: a hieroglyph reading 'We Egyptians have no planes and don't therefore know what they look like'?

Here's a question: does anyone seriously believe that the Egyptians had planes?

Why would they be beggaring around in chariots and why are there no runways or helipads?

Come on..... ::)

The Egyptians had some marvellous inventions: paper, hieroglyphs, pyramids etc... and a great grasp of astronomy, agriculture and education... all of which are documented. If they knew planes, there would be much more evidence than a few ambiguous hieroglyphs...

[/blue]

for all we know, since the heiroglyphics do not have any meaning, they might have been put there by a scribe that had a bit of free space and wanted to fill it up, so he did by putting some interesting shapes there.  and that is what they are.

Dowdy,

Geocities, like Tripod, won't allow outside linking to any pictures they host.  :s5 If anyone would like to see the image CLICK HERE

Magikman  :)

Mystify,

I was finally able to find the link I had posted at one time that show other examples of 'anamolies' is ancient art;

HERE

There is some duplication to the site that Mr. X provided, but most of it is new.

Magikman  :sg

Cool  8)

Thanks MM, I love those pics.

As for work in the pyramid, maybe it was a fortelling of the future?  I mean... there is writing next to it. We have a Rosetta Stone.  Surely someone out there can read it and tell us if it makes sense or goes along with the tank...airplane and so on.

The point is... they are there. This we cannot deny. There is also a very good chance that NO one went to point of putting them there recently so as to try and baffle the human race.... we have Archeologists and Egytpologists that do this all day. Has anyone disproved the authenticity of them?

All I'm saying is that they're there. What they mean is out of my territory. I doubt that these were modern day warcraft in egypt.... so my only safe guess...(if that's what they are) is that it's a prophecy of some kind.

I'm babbling....good night :)

:sm

Another Indian example of flying machines also mentions some sort of advanced killing device:

India's national epic, The Mahabharata, a poem of vast length and complexity, achieved its present form in the second century AD.  Depending on one's point of veiw, either it contains some of the earliest works of science fiction , or it records conflicts between beings whose armaments were just as advenced as those employed by us today.

In one episode, for example, the Vrishnis, a tribe whose warriors include the hero Krishna, are beset by the forces of a leader named Salva:

The cruel Salva had come mounted on the Saubha

chariot the can go anywhere, and from it he killed

many valient Vrishni youths and evilly devestated all

the city parks.

The Saubha is at once salva's city, flagship, and battle headquarters.  In it he can fly wherever he chooses.  In contemporary terms the Saubha might best be described as the mother ship from which Salva makes sorties against the enemy.  Fortunately , the Vrishni  heroes are comparably well equipped and at one point have Salva at their mercy.  The hero Pradyumna is about to finish him off with a special weapon, but the hiughest gods intervene: "Not a man in battle is safe from this arrow," they say, and in any case tell Pradyumna it has been ordained that Salva shall fall to Krishna.

Krishna takes to the skies in pursuit of Salva, but:

his Saubha clung to the sky at a league's length...

He threw at me rockets, missiles, spears, spikes,

battleaxes, three-bladed javelins, flame-throwers,

without pausing.....The sky.... seemed to hold a

hundred suns, a hundred moons ... and a hundred

myriad stars.  Neither day nor night could be made

out, or the pints ofcompass.

Krishna, however, wards off Salva's counterattack with the equivelant of antiballistic missiles:

I warded them off as they loomed towards me

With my swift-striking shafts, as they flashed

through the sky,

And I cut them into two or three peices with mine-

There was agreat din in the sky above.

Nonetheless, Krishna is sorely pressed.  He rallies, but the Saubha, by technological or other magic, becomes invisible.  Krishna then loads a special weapon, an ancient version of a 'smart bomb':

I quickly laid on an arrow, which killed by seeking

out sound, to kill them. . . . All the Danavas [troops            in Salva's army] who had been screeching lay dead,

killed by the blazing sunlike arrows that were

triggered by sound.

But the Saubha itself has escaped the attack, and at last Krishna hurls against it his 'favourite fire weapon,' a discus having the shape of a 'haloed sun.'  Severed in twpo by the impact, the aerial city falls down.

Salva himself is killed, and with his death comes the end to this part of The Mahabharata.      

Taken from Mysteries of the Unexplained. 1982

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All,

India does have a lot of written text regarding the "flying chariots" and the "bolts of flame" going on to Hanuman carrying mountains and setting Lanka afire, but although entire religious sects base their religion on such texts as the Ramayana and the Mahabharatha, it seems to be highly improbable that such things cuold be possible. And these texts have "authors" and "poets" and as such I would agree that these are just earliy works of science fiction.

However the sincere faith of millions of people cannot be let go - the power of belief is something that I really appreciate.

In my travels to India, I have been at sites where "miracles" have been performed by "babas" including, amongst many,  "Sai Baba" during the early 1900's, which seems to give some credence to the claims. The shrine in Shirdi, India has his personal effects and many tales narrated through generations about his miracles.

Maybe some people do have the mastery over some power that we all humans do have, but have not yet been able to comprehend and master yet. But then again a lot of things across many past civilisations are based on the same fundamental facts - unearthly (?) powers (for their time).

As I frequently say - "Hmmm..." ::)

RuiD

I agree with Loonboy about the hieroglyphs, but i do find facinating the possibility that ancient texts aren't just works of fiction, but are accounts of history, which over the millenia have been warped by the re-telling and translation to what we have now. Imagine if there was an apocalypse tomorrow, and mankind was drawn down to the stone age again. Once mankind had got back to our level again thousands of years later, what form would stories or half remembered history from today take?