Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Floating Black Boxes"

Nancy

This kind of stuff depresses me . Finding a cool bunch of posts from long ago ,only to find the person is gone.

Things like Facebook and LiveJournal ...are so full of these things .

I hear someone died,and I go thru old posts and pictures.The stuff the loved and posted with enthusiasm,and now...that's all that's left of them.

Words in space .....

Dunno,it just makes me sad ...

*shuffles away*

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Looks like the early users on this site were a little far out...

Looks like the early users on this site were a little far out...

No,they were just more open minded and accepting of others beliefs and feelings,than the people on here more recently ....

No,they were just more open minded and accepting of others beliefs and feelings,than the people on here more recently ....

Tomato - Tomato. :tu:

Yes because going to a forum and post random nonsense and expect people to believe it with no shred of proof is really open minded. But, Then again you proven how to side step when people have asked you questions after you present these claims.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have seen flat black boxes before these freaked me out. The first time I was asleep with my dogs on the edge of the bed facing the hallway. I woke up and turned to the bedroom door just as both my dogs started barking like crazy. I saw this huge black box shaped mass move from the hallway in to the next room. My friend was in the room the mass went into and I screamed to her and asked if she just walked into her room. She said no and I yelled that there is someone in the house. We searched high and low yet never found anything. It was crazy. My mom passed in 2007 and I have visits from her in dreams. The dreams are very vivid and many times as I am sleeping I will feel her laying next to me, in my dream state I look over and she is right there sleeping. The only bad part about the dreams is that I have that split second upon waking that she is still alive and then it hits me and the grief comes back 10 times worse.

• 7 months later...

Has anybody had any experiences similar to the ones described in these posts?

It's worrying me that the first person to post about their sighting died of cancer.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs geriatric medicine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am also seeing a rectangular black box. I have now seen it several times when I have awaken from sleeping. It is floating in mid air directly in front of my face. Then it vanishes. Like a blink of an eye it is gone. My girlfreinds daughter also saw a rectangular black box floating in the air. She saw it float across her bedroom and then it disappeared out her window. She did not know anything about my experience I had like a couple of weeks prior. I have been waking up to this black box phenomenon for several months, now. I have seen other things such as an angel with wings several years ago. With that experience I had gotten completely out of bed and stood in front of it and for several minutes got to admire it. It disappeared when I turned to go turn on a light. When I turned back it was gone. So, I know there is more to this life then what we normally see. But, this black box thing I really want to figure out why I am seeing it. And does it mean anything. Is it a warning of some kind? I already know we are not alone. There is a spiritual world. I do believe in good and evil. Could this just be my imagination. Something going haywire in my brain when it goes from sleep to wakefullness? But, I know that Angel was no imagination. For I got out of bed and stood in front of it for a long time and no way could I imagine what I saw. It was too beautiful and the details of it....But, then my friends daughter saw the black rectangle to so it can't be my imagination. Maybe it is just an evil entity just messing with me. I don't appreciate it if it is. But, then it would not care if I appreciated it or not. It messes up my sleep though. Sometimes I get freaked and have a hard time going back to sleep without puting on a bright light....

• 4 months later...

Although this topic is several years old I felt compelled to register specifically to respond with my experience.

Last night I experienced a very similar phenomena. It was approximately 4 am (I looked at my phone after the fact), and I was suddenly awoken from a very deep sleep state. I went from literally being asleep to having my eyes open and that was when I saw this deep "blacker than black" rectangle near the entrance of my bedroom. It glided noiselessly towards me and from behind it came a red glow. My brain struggled to catch up with suddenly being awake and I felt panic rising up within me. The "object" glided towards me and then was gone. I sat in bed for a good 15 minutes trying to process what had just occurred.

I certainly didn't get any good feelings from this thing - in fact, my sense of it was "danger". I have had a few supernatural experiences, particularly after the passing away of my brother, but nothing like this. Most notable was the rectangular shape of the object.

I'm not sure what this was, however I know I wasn't dreaming because the phenomena lasted several seconds - which felt like an eternity. In those seconds I was able to ascertain its rectangular shape and incredibly dark black coloring.

I was not able to fall back asleep until light out and felt uneasy thereafter.

Yes because going to a forum and post random nonsense and expect people to believe it with no shred of proof is really open minded.

Perhaps new people posting here are under the impression that this forum is for the discussion of unexplained mysteries...not for the proving of said mysteries to cynical and scornful others.

When a thread is this old and there's still a deadness about it, what is there to discuss when it's hit and run like Brian said?

This-Jen-is-The-Internet_zps4a4137fc.png

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 9/6/2003 at 2:34 PM, Nancy said:

I would appreciate any feedback if any of you have experienced what I am about to describe.

Shortly after my Mother died, I began having unusual "sightings" of.. how do I describe them... "Floating Black Boxes"... sometimes Rectangular, but most of the time Square. I'd guess the size is about 10" X 12" solid and coal black.

My Mom and I were really 'connected' while she was alive and I've "heard" from her several times since she passed in 1992. The last incident was several years ago.

However, about 2 months after her death, I had her ashes scattered near Diamond Head, Hawaii, I started seeing something zoommmmm by the corner of my eye. It always happens in daylight.... due to the fact they are black, could explain why I've never seen them at night, yet I don't "feel" any presence at night either.

There is total silence, no feeling of "cold air" ...... in fact, no feeling of moving air at all, which really puzzles me, since these objects travel very quickly, at eye level.

It started as one black box and on occasion, there are two of them, side by side.

They "poof" as quickly as they arrive and usually go behind my back.

Before anyone asks, yes.... I've had my eyes checked... rolleyes.gif No "floaters" or unusual abnormalities in either eye......... just the same ole green eyes.

Although I don't feel any 'air' stirring, I do feel a 'presence'... peace and calm, not anxious. I don't see them coming in my direction, they just appear out of nowhere and disappear the same way. This has been going on since early 1993.

Other than calling the Men in White Coats, can anyone give me a clue? Thank you!

original.gif

I too encountered this after my son took his life. Days later I went to the bathroom, off to my left on the floor I saw a a jello like, shimmering black rectangular like box, maybe 4ft L, 2ft  W and 1.5 ft D, . As soon as I saw it some type of tendrils same as the box started creeping up my closes leg. I freaked, quickly turned on the lights, it immediately disappeared, never to return. No not drunk or stoned. If anyone has had similar exp, please contact me on Face Book. Duane Skuce