Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SQL errors

Saru

Good going Chief we're here for ya!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Rykster

• __Kratos__

• cerberusxp

Saruman,

Just let us know if there are any things we can do to help, like replicating errors and such.

my error was at my end wirless signal faded for a few other than that has been working ok for me.

Rykster your error is the same one, the same as Kratos reported. The only difference is that you are seeing the main page version of the error message instead of the forum's.

As I say though, I really am at a loss to explain this problem. Hardware fault is the only possibility I can come up with at the moment.

I'm continuing to look into it, i apologise for any inconvenience this issue may be causing.

It's fine, I'm a firm believer in "crap happens". Just seems like the server is after me though. :lol:

Also, the reason for this post: I forgot to mention I had it dualed up on errors before. I was trying to look at a topic in world news and the spiritual section at once and I got errors on both pages but I only took a screen shot of one. They were only seconds apart. If that sheds any light on anything... :hmm:

The problem, as far as I understand and from what I'm seeing, is that at completely random times of the day all database applications (forum, main page etc.) become unable to communicate with the database server. It's not the database server that is returning an error, the database is up and running with no apparant problems when this happens. Instead it seems to be the connection between the two servers at fault, and it's the applications on our web server which are generating the error because they cannot access the database.

It is becoming increasingly likely that this is a hardware fault of some sort, or possibly some kind of networking configuration issue. I've contacted our server provider to see if they can take a look and maybe shed some light on it.

Fortunately this problem doesn't happen very often, maybe only two or three times a day and only for a few minutes each time. Even so, it's a problem we could do without, so i'll do everything I can to get it fixed.

Being flooded perhaps? Choked up like?

As I suspected, there does appear to be a hardware fault with our local area network. Our server provider is going to swap over the connection cable to see if that fixes it, I'll keep this thread up to date with any news relating to the problem.

The cable has now been swapped, so now we need to see if the error occurs again. If you experience any forum errors or an inability to access the forum then please let me know by posting in this thread. Thanks.

Excellent sleuthing Saruman! :tu:

Edit:

Still exp "page not found" errors when clicking on a thread from time to time. However, over much less and the response times seem to be snappier.

Edited by Rykster

*sigh* back to contacting the server provider again.

The site was effectively down for the last 6 hours because there were so many network errors that the database server automatically refused connections.

*sigh* back to contacting the server provider again. :(

Good timing... second I hit enter to bring up UM, it was back up. :ph34r:

Thanks for bringing back the light, SaRuMaN. :tu:

I got this message when it first went down: Screen Shot of Error

lol.. .took me around 6 hours to get back on today :)

And still no-one read my story :(

Edited by Replacement100

Just got this:

SQL error: Host '10.0.0.3' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 06th of March 2006 07:35:48 PM

:( wahhh....in the middle of a very well thought out and insightful post I was composing. *sigh*

Just got this:

SQL error: Host '10.0.0.3' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 06th of March 2006 07:35:48 PM

Same here....it lasted about 1/2 hour.

I'm really sorry about this, we're doing everything possible to keep the servers running without any more errors.

I'm about to implement a fix which should stop the above mentioned error from re-occuring while we work with our server provider to find the root of this extremely frustrating problem.

You are doing what you can......I think I can say for all "THANK YOU"

:( wahhh....in the middle of a very well thought out and insightful post I was composing. *sigh*

I know this may be off topic, but I think I will get away with it! :innocent:

When I am composing a new topic, or doing a lengthy reply, I keep open "Notepad," and keep copy/pasting into it, and saving it as a temp file. I too had lost posts, or topics. Just a suggestion.