Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Killer Spiders of South America?

Tillghast

Hey all,

I was on a website that has just got a 404

on the website they described this type of spider that would lay egg sacks in peole's wounds or cuts. Over time, the wound would heal, having the baby spiders traped in side. After a while, the place where the wound was begins to itch, i u scratch enough it would break open. The skin of the cut would be all carboard like and the wound would now be a hollow, cruchy 'honey comb'. Does anyone have a picture of the wound or the spider that does it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tillghast

• colorless

• Cufflink

• Kryso

That is an Urban Legend if I ever heard one.

I heard one similar where a woman licked an envelope and got a paper cut on her tongue. After a while her tongue swelled up so much that she finally had to go to the hospital. The doctor cut into her tongue and out came a live fully grown cockroach.

Sound silly? Yes. But I was told this story by somebody that was completely serious.

I read something like this a long time ago in one of those Scary Story books. The ones that are in black and white.

I ve heard the honeycombs were made out of the spider's spit and collected blood. And some of the spiders can travel down your blood stream as well...chillling, utterly chilling...

I don't know whether to puke or faint.

I know, I'll puke first, and should I feel like following that up with a spot of fainting, I'll do that next.

Making sure I don't faint in the direction of the puke, that is. blink.gif

Do the spiders tap out morse code on your veins?

Hehehe....I hate spiders...nasty buggers...

I don't know of any spiders that do that, but there is a fly called the Bot fly. It usually lays it's eggs on a more common fly and then that fly will transport the eggs to their hosts. The eggs are deposited on the skin and then they burrow into the skin and begins to pupate. When it is time for the larva to leave the host a cyst like bump forms and when it breaks there is the fly larva.

Just to add to this wonderfully hideous topic , the Guinea worm is another creature that requires the internal warmth of a living body to incubate .

I don't know about your spider Alien Invader , you may want to do a little research and find out rolleyes.gif but there are definately animals , insect and inverterbrate alike that are known to infest the human body for breeding purposes ...

Well... that theory of people eating spiders while they sleep is wrong. They say you eat like 20. What are the chances of a spider crawling right above your mouth, falling, and you eating it? tongue.gif

erk.............killer spiders??????

blink.gif

I can't go into our garage cos we've got HOOOOOOOOOOOGE ones in there!

*shudder*

Hammy x x x

I think, King Pillow, that story is at best apocryphal.

Your frantic pleas to see the 'wound' are a tad more disturbing, however.

anyways back on topic...

I believe the spiders could do further damage to their 'host' if they travel down the blood stream and attack the heart or other organs... dontgetit.gif

• 2 months later...

crying.gif Will everyone stop scaring me! *turns off computer* I'm sure all of those are just stupid urban legends right? Right? There not real are they? blink.gif Yeah! w00t.gif Sure! I'm going to stay in doors- close the doors and locked them! Lock the windows!

Okay yes they are creepy! Something that you shouldn't worry about.

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

...well thats how I heard it. mmm. Tastes like chicken. tongue.gif

Another urban legend....you dont eat them when sleep...you eat then fried...yum yum devil.gif

I know of no spiders that use the human body as a host to raise their young. There are several types of wasp that sting smaller insects that doesn’t kill them, but paralyses them. They then drag the still living creature back to a hole, where it lays an egg inside the living being, that hatches and eats away at the living warm food!

And one type of bug lays its eggs inside only the common ladybird, where it then grows and consumes the living poor little thing! The amazing thing is, the newly hatch insect inside first chews away the ladybirds muscles that control the legs, so its meal stays in one place while it eats it from the inside out!

Also a spider would drown inside the human blood stream. That’s if the pressure inside the blood stream doesn’t crush it! And have you any idea of how small the spider would have to be to navigate the veins? If it was that small then the human bodies defences would be able to kill it!

still we obviously havn't obviously found all species of spidies yet i should think globally there would be several thousand types not really discovered