Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nasrallah tells Bush and Rice to 'shut up'

__Kratos__

The leader of Hizbullah, heading a march by hundreds of thousands of Shi'ite Muslims on Thursday, said US President George W. Bush and his secretary of state should "shut up" after they accused Syria and Iran of fueling protests over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Sheik Hassan Nasrallah urged Muslims worldwide to continue demonstrations until there is an apology over the drawings and Europe passes laws forbidding insults to the prophet.

The head of the guerrilla group, which is backed by Iran and Syria, spoke before a mass procession of Shi'ites marking Ashura, an annual remembrance of the 680 A.D. battle in which Hussein, their saint and grandson of Muhammad, was killed by rivals, cementing the split in Islam between Shi'ites and Sunnis.

Whipping up the crowds on the most solemn day for Shi'ites worldwide, Nasrallah declared: "Defending the prophet should continue all over the world. Let Condoleezza Rice and Bush and all the tyrants shut up. We are an Islamic nation that cannot tolerate, be silent or be lax when they insult our prophet and sanctities."

"We will uphold the messenger of God not only by our voices but also by our blood," he told the crowds, estimated by organizers at about 700,000. Police officers had no final estimates but put the figure at even higher.

Speaking about the controversy for the first time Wednesday, Bush condemned the deadly rioting sparked by the cartoons and urged foreign leaders to halt the spreading violence and to protect diplomats in besieged embassies. Rice, the US secretary of state, said Iran and Syria "have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and to use this to their own purposes. And the world ought to call them on it."

"There can be no settlement before an apology and there can be no settlement before laws are legislated by the European Parliament and the parliaments of European countries," Nasrallah said.

Islamic nations should demand "a law committing the press and the media in the West that proscribes insulting our prophet. If this matter cannot be achieved that means they (West) insist on continuing this," he added.

Nasrallah said that if the controversy touched on Jews or Israel the West would have reacted differently and quickly.

"Is the Islamic world less important that a bunch of Zionists? We cannot acquiesce to this."

Source

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we'll stop free speech and put up laws to stop it just for you. Thanks for your concern, Mr. Nasrallah. :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedEyeJedi

• Talon

• thebarman

• Noblesoul

Top Posters In This Topic

We are an Islamic nation that cannot tolerate, be silent or be lax when they insult our prophet and sanctities."

Excuse, I like to point out the western nations were these pictures were printed, ARE NOT Islamic, so we have no reason to follow you're stupid rules about cartoons.

Talon: Can I ask what religion you affiliate yourself with, if any?

If you are a Christian, how would you feel about a cartoon of Jesus engaged in some form of child abuse? Should this be allowed in the name of free speech?

I am not saying violence is a correct response, but the fact that printing these cartoons was obviously a deliberate provocation is a no-brainer.

If someone insults my lord and savior I would say a prayer for them and ask that God forgive them. I would not act in a violent manor unless I was violently acted upon first.

If someone insults my lord and savior I would say a prayer for them and ask that God forgive them. I would not act in a violent manor unless I was violently acted upon first.

Great response twpdyp... :tu: Me too!

Nasrallah said that if the controversy touched on Jews or Israel the West would have reacted differently and quickly.

"Is the Islamic world less important that a bunch of Zionists? We cannot acquiesce to this."

:tu: oh yeah, anti-semitism really helps their case... :rolleyes:

I am not saying violence is a correct response, but the fact that printing these cartoons was obviously a deliberate provocation is a no-brainer.

Kinda like sticking your head in an alligators mouth... or sticking your hand in a piranah tank... you know you're gonna get bit, but some people do it anyway.

Kinda like the feces mary "art". Hanging Santa.

World's full of productive, pleasant people eh? Oh yeah... they're "pioneers" and "enlightened" people and we're supposed to tolerate their "open-mindedness" and "embrace the philosophical meanings" derived from their "art".

Yes, it was drawn to produce a reaction. For what other purpose whould it have been drawn? Published? Does free speech mean they HAVE to publish something, or is it their choice?

Not to say the reaction is all that great either... whoever drew them is probably having an extended orgasmic experience from the reactions. I don't see very many innocent parties on any side of this kind of thing.

Not to say the reaction is all that great either... whoever drew them is probably having an extended orgasmic experience from the reactions. I don't see very many innocent parties on any side of this kind of thing.

LOL - you are probably right.

You guys may say a prayer for the them, but would everyone react that way? What about all the redneck yokels in the bible belt? How would they react?

:tu: oh yeah, anti-semitism really helps their case... :rolleyes:

Is 'Zionist' an anti-semitic word? I didn't think so, seeing as it does not refers to all Jews.

Is 'Zionist' an anti-semitic word? I didn't think so, seeing as it does not refers to all Jews.

considering who it's coming from though...

Being a 'redneck yokel' from Tennessee I can tell you exactly how they would react. They would say something like, "Thats disgraceful!" proceed to write scathing letters to the editor and possibly cancel their subscriptions.

RedEyeJedi, you picked the wrong fella.

Talon is a devoted atheist, who couldn't care less for Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) :tu:.

Being a 'redneck yokel' from Tennessee I can tell you exactly how they would react. They would say something like, "Thats disgraceful!" proceed to write scathing letters to the editor and possibly cancel their subscriptions.

You speak for the whole of Tennessee, right?

Ok - let me rephrase it.

Do you think there would there be some people in the Christian world (including outside US), who would riot and act violently, if a Muslim country, printed pictures in their newspapers that received worldwide coverage, graphically depicting the sort of images I mentioned above?

I'm sure we all know the answer to that.

Edited by RedEyeJedi

RedEyeJedi, you picked the wrong fella.

Talon is a devoted atheist, who couldn't care less for Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) :tu:.

Well, it was a hypothetical question. I wasn't trying to offend him.

:D You got the answer from three 'redneck yokels' right here, I forgot to add. Nxt, twpdyp and I are all from the Bible belt.

Talon: Can I ask what religion you affiliate yourself with, if any?

If you are a Christian, how would you feel about a cartoon of Jesus engaged in some form of child abuse? Should this be allowed in the name of free speech?

Of course I'm not a Christain, I think that comes accross quite clearly in most of the threads were religion is mentioned. Religion is how cavepeople with no knowledge of science made sense of the world around them, and its mind bogling its still around today when we have ways of finding out the truth of where we came from.

As for Jesus, I saw Life of Brian and Father Ted, and other shows which took the p*** out of him, know what? I didn't riot over them.

Also, if you'd read the news, you'd know none of the 9 pictures showed him as a child molester, that picture and 2 others were drawn by Islamic militants to stir up hatred of the west.

Edited by Talon

Of course I'm not a Christain, I think that comes accross quite clearly in most of the threads were religion is mentioned. Religion is how cavepeople with no knowledge of science made sense of the world around them, and its mind bogling its still around today when we have ways of finding out the truth of where we came from.

As for Jesus, I saw Life of Brian and Father Ted, and other shows shich took the p*** out of him, no what? I didn't riot over them.

Also, if you'd read the news, you'd know none of the 9 pictures showed him as a child molester, that picture and 2 others were drawn by Islamic militants to stir up hatred of the west.

I agree with you about organised religion. Its a load of BS. I haven't read many of your other posts so sorry if I missed that. So no I am not suprised you didn't riot. But that is the point - the huge majority of Muslims are appalled at the behaviour of the rioters too.

Also, I didn't actually know that there were any depicting him as a child molester.

I was actually equating the depiction of a religious figure as a terrorist - therefore branding the religion as a terrorist religion to depicting Jesus as a kiddy fiddler, which there have been numerous cases of involving christian priests etc. Its a similar comparison I thought. Tarring a religion with one brush due to the actions of a few.

OK. Another quick question: Does anyone think the cartoons were not created and published to offend Muslims?

Edited by RedEyeJedi

But that is the point - the huge majority of Muslims are appalled at the behaviour of the rioters too.

Yes, and the media has been reminding us of this every second it can (so much for the nWo trying to convince they are all evil), but as its been said a thousand times already, that doesn't excuse the tens of thousand who are rioting.

I was actually equating the depiction of a religious figure as a terrorist - therefore branding the religion as a terrorist religion to depicting Jesus as a kiddy fiddler, which there have been numerous cases of involving christian priests etc. Its a similar comparison I thought. Tarring a religion with one brush due to the actions of a few.

You forget that the people who blow themselves up, they do beleive Muhammed would have been proud of them. The same as the 'heaven's run out of virgins' joke, was reference to the terrorists saying they'll get 60 virgins when they die. This is actually what the fanatics beleive. Nowhere did the cartoons say this was what all muslims beleived, but it is an acturate presentation of what the terrorists believe.

And see if someone wants to draw a picture of Jesus 'as a kiddy fiddler', I'd honestly wouldn't care so long as children didn't see it because peodophila in Catholic churches is an acurate political issue of today, the same as Islamic terrorism is.

Do you know how many insulting sterotypical pictures of Scots I've seen in my 23 years? Hundreds. Yet are much as I might mumble 'bloody racist scum' and click to a new link or turn the page of the book, I've never caused anywhere near this much fuss.

OK. Another quick question: Does anyone think the cartoons were not created and published to offend Muslims?

They were drawn as political satire. I've seen millions of pictures much worse than this about other groups and never seen this reaction. Do you know how many times I've seen negative depictions of Karl Marx, but I've never gone and burned down the US embassy to get back at the capitalists for printing it.

Edited by Talon

To me it looks like Mr. Bush's statement was mild compared to what it could have been on the subject. As far as Ms. Rice's comments - she is compleatly correct. Both Iran and Syria are long-time police states. Where a mouse will not eat a piece of cheese with out checking with the local police station first.

I wonder how long it will be before some of these Imans start demanding control over the Internet. Afterall, the Internet has to be a nightmare to dictatorial societies. A place where people can say what they want to - it has to be stopped! Will that be the next demand to come out after the demand to curb European free press.

hezbollahs such a nice organization. :angry2: ..700,000 wow they know how to party. :blink: these muslims need to get over themselves.. lets throw out free speech in their case.

How about we ask you. Should free speech be eliminated in order to not offend anyone?

But that is the point - the huge majority of Muslims are appalled at the behaviour of the rioters too.

Where? Where are these Muslims that are appalled by this?

I second the question! I have heard it said countless times that the Majority of Muslims do not hold the extremist viewpoint. Is this The Silent Majority? I find it interesting that millions of Muslims are not reaching out to condemn the extremists if they are so out of line with them. Certainly Christians caused an uproar when the Abortion Bombers made their play a number of years ago.

If there is outrage...where is it?

I want a show of hands!

I remember a few years ago when an upside down crucifix inside a bottle of urine was considered 'art'. Also a painting of Mother Mary with Elephant dung thrown on it was considered 'art'. Where was the pillaging in the streets by the Christians over that? Nowhere.

The real truth of all of this nonsense has been on display however in the new media. The 'old' media won't report the truth but it finds it's way anyhow.

It turns out that these cartoons are old and that they were drummed up by a powerful Muslim for the purpose of creating the outrage that we see in the news.

Same place that non-muslims are.