Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nasrallah tells Bush and Rice to 'shut up'

__Kratos__

So.... the person that decided to publish these cartoons, which have caused chaos says he's wanted to cause a religious confrontation and when he does, you blame one side for it??? The other side at that!!

Whether he published the cartoons for that reason or not is one thing in and of itsself. It does not justify the extremism.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedEyeJedi

• Talon

• thebarman

• Noblesoul

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver Thong: How do you know Jesus was not a molester? I am not saying he was, but how do you know?? Have you met him? Spoke to him? Nobody knows anything about Jesus except what was written about him 300 years after his birth. That is a long, long time. I expect there was probably some distortion. (By that, I am not insinuating he was a molester - I would not exercise my right to free speech to say hateful things about anothers religion - I am just saying what we do know of his life is shaky, at best)

Of course the Bible is very shaky at best but no were is it written that Jesus married a 6 year old, How ever it is written that the prophet mohammad did. I said nothing hateful I call'em as I see em, anyone and I mean anyone who marries a 6 yr old is a molester, anyone who has sex with a 9 year old is a molester. Do you not agree?

Is the Islamic community upset because of the cartoons or that the truth behind there religion is tainted with unethical and immoral practises.

Sorry I was a bit drunk when writing my last post. I still am. When I mentioned not saying hateful things about another religion I wasn't talking about what you had just said (molestation), I was talking about the cartoons and free speech (trying to be clever).

Anyway, it is too late at night for all this and of course I believe that is out of order, (young bride business), if its true, but who knows? It was 1400 years ago!

Why do we still argue about whose God it is?? He made us all - God is all of ours.

Peace.

When I mentioned not saying hateful things about another religion I wasn't talking about what you had just said (molestation), I was talking about the cartoons and free speech (trying to be clever).

For someone who beleives in the nWo, you'd think you'd be less critical of free speach. Also have you seen the cartoons, they're not actually that insulting when compared to half the stuff out there. Its about on the same level as Jerry Springer Opera, and personally, I though the Christains made a bigger deal than it was worth given it only got an publicity because of their fuss.

Why do we still argue about whose God it is?? He made us all - God is all of ours.

Not according to basic science he didn't.

Islamic nations should demand "a law committing the press and the media in the West that proscribes insulting our prophet. If this matter cannot be achieved that means they (West) insist on continuing this," he added.

This badly phrased sentence is really the main flaw in his argument. He seems to think it right to have a law passed that will only favour followers of Islam. Law cannot be created to protect only those who are religious; it has to protect everyone equally!!

As for these caricatures, while they may have been distasteful, the paper has the right to publish them. Caricatures by their very nature are there to exaggerate and distort the truth! They only work through gross generalizations. I think to take offence to this drawing is to take these drawings too literally. All caricatures are wrong/inaccurate/misleading to a degree, yet there is always an element that people can seemingly relate to. I wonder, if the drawing had the figure wearing a sign saying ‘extremist’ on it, would it have been received with less hostility given that it is accepted that extremism is the real threat here and not Islam. :hmm:

It’s also interesting that these drawings didn’t cause a stir when they were first published, over 5 months ago..!

I will post a link to funny and some what bad pics of jesus, i do not find offence in them just comedy or satire. If they offend don't look....

If this is inappropriate pls remove or ask me to delete the post.

[edit - removed link. Silver, images with swearing is not appropriate here. I'm sure people can find satirical images on their own if they want to] :tu:

Edited by Tommy