Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcisms

newbloodmoon

I work the graveyard shift and so I have been and advid Coast to Coast listener for about 10 years now. I don't agree with a lot of the guests that come on but I am entertained by the wide variety of topics discussed.

Aliens, Bigfoot, Abductions, Secret Groups bent on dominating the world are just a few of the many topics.

Last night the show concentrated on Excorsisims and they played a clip of a 16 yr old russian girl getting a demon out of her by her priest. It sounded convincing to me, what do other people think.

Link here to hear audio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• Sherapy

• newbloodmoon

• TheEssenceofExcellence

hehe what's an ex-cor-sisim?

Exorcism. :tu: I've edited your topic title.

Heh Thanks. I had just gotten home from work and hadn't gone to bed yet so brain was on the down low.

I think that they are extemely dangerous for everyone involved.

Too many people are killed by nut jobs doing them who have no business doing the things they are doing, and too many other people get themselves hurt messing with things they do not comprehend can be a deadly threat to them.

I have participated in assisting a few excorcisms and they can be very dangerous to all involved yes. Not only on a spiritual level but a physiology and psycological level as well.

I don't think there is a bit of reality to demon possession or exorcism.

I once worked as a orderly in a psych ward, and worked with many people who were seriously and dangerously insane. They could scream and twist their bodies in the most amazing ways. There were some who were also highly intelligent. Many of them could speak several languages. Just because you're crazy doesn't mean your stupid.

But, anyway, i think serious mental illness is what is being mistaken for demon possession.

I will say this, however. Sometimes exorcism works like hypnotism or the power of suggestion -- if the person "believes" he or she has had a demon cast out, they may stop all their problems -- they heal themselves with their own minds and beliefs.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

demon possessions are real. It's not some mental problem when people have been fine for 16 or 20 years and all of a sudden they start speaking in tongues and saying they're satan......contrary to popular belief, people don't just wake up one morning with mental problems; let alone mental problems that doctors can't diagnose properly.

Although I think a lot of Christian Churches don't really understand it like they should and go over board with it by claiming everyone in their congregation is possessed just because they have sin ful thoughts every now and then.

With my experience in assisting local clergy from various dominations, they for the most part attempt to rule out any possible mental diagnosis before performing their particular ritual.

Well, as someone who was actually exorcised...I'd have to say I really don't like them. They are dangerous and they are extremely frightening. I am completely against them, most especially when performed by a group of 20 on a girl of 10. Needless to say, I'm not too fond of cultists either. I know that church is a valid denomination, but they were acting like a cult, so that's what I'm going to call them.

So in my opinion, they are unnecessary and traumatizing. Then again, I'm a little biased on the subject.

If the power of suggestion is so powerful, then I can say that people who are really posessed, become mentaly ill because skeptics keep telling them that's what it is.

demon possessions are real. It's not some mental problem when people have been fine for 16 or 20 years and all of a sudden they start speaking in tongues and saying they're satan......contrary to popular belief, people don't just wake up one morning with mental problems; let alone mental problems that doctors can't diagnose properly.

Although I think a lot of Christian Churches don't really understand it like they should and go over board with it by claiming everyone in their congregation is possessed just because they have sin ful thoughts every now and then.

Exactly. Great post.

Zero and EofE once in a while along comes a kid who has been pounded with evil this, satan that, your worthless this, and beleives it literally , this idea that people just suddenly become possessed out of the clear blue sky is absurd people become their beleifs thats just what you don't understand , so it becomes possession to you, I think therefore i am.......Fear constructs are just that meant to keep one in a state of fear, Namaste Sheri

Sherri it's time to put an end to this. You tell me over and over the bible tells people they are worthless. Either come up with some scriptures and verses, or drop it. [Not being rude, just letting my skeptic side out].

this idea that people just suddenly become possessed out of the clear blue sky is absurd people become their beleifs thats just what you don't understand , so it becomes possession to you

Actualy, that's how possessions work. What's more absurd is that suddenly out of the clear blue sky someone gets a full blown mental problem. Not gradual, but INSTANT FULL BLOWN mental issues.

Zero and EofE once in a while along comes a kid who has been pounded with evil this, satan that, your worthless this, and beleives it literally , this idea that people just suddenly become possessed out of the clear blue sky is absurd people become their beleifs thats just what you don't understand , so it becomes possession to you, I think therefore i am.......Fear constructs are just that meant to keep one in a state of fear, Namaste Sheri

How do you explain the possessed people (oh excuse me, *cough* mentally ill people *cough*) that suddenly have this stuff happen to them and prior to that they weren't depressed, they weren't abused, they weren't told they were worthless and in fact have a great life: loving family, girl or boy friend, good job or career, strong religious belief (or sometimes no religious belief in this sort of thing), and have, or live in, a household that makes enough money to live very comfortably? Do they suddenly wake up one day beaten down by all of their blessings and think they're the devil too???

How do you explain the possessed people (oh excuse me, *cough* mentally ill people *cough*) that suddenly have this stuff happen to them and prior to that they weren't depressed, they weren't abused, they weren't told they were worthless and in fact have a great life: loving family, girl or boy friend, good job or career, strong religious belief (or sometimes no religious belief in this sort of thing), and have, or live in, a household that makes enough money to live very comfortably? Do they suddenly wake up one day beaten down by all of their blessings and think they're the devil too???

I know this subject very well i have had a few whom are very close to me who have suffered with mental illness and i have talked with them in depth, my mother happens to be one. You want to beleive in possessions i would ask why, mental illness doesn't just happen its a process over time. have either of you looked into this subject or you getting your facts from church??

Sherri, you just agreed with us.

mental illness doesn't just happen its a process over time.

That is exactly what we're saying. So we're asking you to explain the people who become possessed all of a sudden out of the clear blue sky. With no symptons or any reason before it happened. And they start cussing God, and doing other things related to being possessed.

Zero here are your scriptures that infer the worthlessness of man he is incapable of doing anything he is naturally in sin, and not able to do things without the instrucution of 'god' and anything he does do is becasue of god not any thing from him the bible creates a dependent relationship not a interdependent one is what I'm saying. :D

Genesis 4

Adam lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant

and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of

the LORD I have brought forth a man."

Genesis 4:1 NIV

Exodus 2

During that long period, the king of Egypt died.

The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried

out, and their cry for help because of their

slavery went up to God.

Exodus 2:23 NIV

Exodus 4

Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

Exodus 4:12 NIV

Exodus 4

You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth;

I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do.

Exodus 4:15 NIV

Deuteronomy 33

And this he said about Judah: "Hear, O LORD, the cry

of Judah; bring him to his people. With his own hands

he defends his cause. Oh, be his help against his foes!"

Deuteronomy 33:7 NIV

Deuteronomy 33

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides

on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty.

Deuteronomy 33:26 NIV

Deuteronomy 33

Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved

by the LORD? He is your shield and helper and your glorious

sword. Your enemies will cower before you, and you will

trample down their high places."

Deuteronomy 33:29 NIV

Joshua 14

Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised

me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites

were there and their cities were large and fortified,

but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as

he said."

Joshua 14:12 NIV

Joshua 24

But they cried to the LORD for help, and he put

darkness between you and the Egyptians; he brought

the sea over them and covered them. You saw with

your own eyes what I did to the Egyptians. Then

you lived in the desert for a long time.

Joshua 24:7 NIV

1 Samuel 12

"After Jacob entered Egypt, they cried to the LORD

for help, and the LORD sent Moses and Aaron, who

brought your forefathers out of Egypt and settled

them in this place.

1 Samuel 12:8 NIV

1 Samuel 14

But the men said to Saul, "Should Jonathan die--he

who has brought about this great deliverance in Israel?

Never! As surely as the LORD lives, not a hair of his

head will fall to the ground, for he did this today

with God's help." So the men rescued Jonathan, and he

was not put to death.

1 Samuel 14:45 NIV

All I see is a God trying to help us better understand the world and ourselves. He's teaching them. How do you get anything "worthless" out of this? Unless you consider anyone who accepts help from a God to be "worthless". That means you consider people who need help worthless. I see beauty in those scriptures.

Edited by ZeroShadow

In this post EofE is saying that this just doesn't happen with no warning ??correct?? that is not true there are tons of symtoms my mom was possessed for a year before with plenty of symptoms my dad was in Denial. also few are not religous and possessed, Its a religous brain child. the people who I have know personally were deeply in religion, tormented by the beleifs I hold a strong stance that religon becasue of its teaching will scare people into a state of mental illness or think and act like they are possessed i have seen things that are so sad, REligoin can be very dangerous in some cases. namsate sheri

He just stated that some don't even have religious backgrounds with such things. And the possessions come on suddenly, something that a mental illness won't normaly do without signs or reasons beforehand.

its creating a dependent relationship which is unhealthy and dysfunctional, many relationships are based in this need and looking to another to make them whole. Interdependent means you work as a team. one isn't greater or lessor both are congruent to the whole, REligion uses fear and a hieriarchial order to make one dependent, love which is unconditional is not dependent the natural essence of love is free, limitless and eternal. :D

Edited by Sheri berri

A creator who gave you the ability to even exist, is indeed above you. There's nothing you can do about that. I, accept this and love my creator. If you don't agree with that, and the way I see those scriptures, then go ahead and disagree, but let us move on with this topic.

He just stated that some don't even have religious backgrounds with such things. And the possessions come on suddenly, something that a mental illness won't normaly do without signs or reasons beforehand.

you guys don't know about mental illness you are going on heresay there are always symptoms and cause, rooted in beleif, one can't be 'possessed 'or mentally ill without beleiving they can be, you just beleive things 'just happen. there are no accidents there is always cause and effect. namsate sheri

Me too Zero....

Trying to use blessed scripture to show God doesn't care, or to show God trys to say people are worthless is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen someone try to do, and sheri don't feel bad, you aren't the first person to try.

The fact is, seeing as how God created everyone and everything; and seeing how everything that gets done is done through him, since if he wasn't in us we would cease to be......we Can't do anything without the Lord. It doesn't mean anyone is worthless, that's just a twisted interpratation.

Those quotes of scripture show how much God loves his people and how he helps them through their journey of life. It shows how God keeps his word by keeping his promises and stuff like that. Sheri you need serious spiritual help if you see bad in those quotes you posted.

you guys don't know about mental illness you are going on heresay there are always symptoms and cause, rooted in beleif, one can't be 'possessed 'or mentally ill without beleiving they can be, you just beleive things 'just happen. there are no accidents there is always cause and effect. namsate sheri

So then some of the people that become possessed are not mentaly ill. Thanks Sherri for clearing that up!

Exactly EofE. By the way, I like that name. :tu:

Edited by ZeroShadow