Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

- UltraViolet -

__Kratos__

Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans have emerged who have been modified genetically by a vampire-like disease (Hemophagia), giving them enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence, and as they are set apart from "normal" and "healthy" humans, the world is pushed to the brink of worldwide civil war (a war between humans and hemophages) aimed at the destruction of the "diseased" population.

In the middle of this crossed-fire is - an infected woman - Ultraviolet (played by Milla Jovovich), who finds herself protecting a nine-year-old boy who has been marked for death by the human government as he is believed to be a threat to humans.

Release date: March 3rd

Offical Site - With Trailer

About the movie - with pictures

Wow, does this movie ever look awesome. B)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shakezulah

• __Kratos__

• JennRose

• dreamhunter

it looks awesome, seems to much like aeon flux though.

In a way, yes... hopefully it wouldn't be as bad as Aeon Flux.

we can hope...looks good though :yes:

I can't wait for this movie. I've been following it for awhile. At first glance, it does seem slightly like Aeon Flux, but in reality, it's nothing like it. This will be more of an actual action moive, unlike Aeon Flux. Kurt Wimmer directed it, the guy who directed Equilibrium, and he actually understands how to make action scenes. There will be no up-close shaky camera crap. The story is way different than AF as well...kinda.

looks awesome, saw the trailer the other day at the theater. I love Milla.

I thought it was a Aeon Flux commercial...

It's about genetically enhanced vampire supersoldiers.....sounds good enough for an action movie to me.

I didnt like it at all.. not my kind of movie.. I gues I prefer aliens :alien: as opponents :D

Edited by Baku

But they don't describe it that much. In the trailers it's hard to know what's happenning (besides fighting.) And the the synopsis is hardly a synopsis.

the music is good. But i think the storline could be a little bit better.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...iolet/high.html

I think any trailer that uses Rob D’s ‘clubbed to death’ is asking to be compared to the Matrix. :P E.S Posthumus makes more atmospheric and dramatic trailer music IMO. Furious Angels is still a great album though! B)

The movie looks like a re-hash of Aeon-Flux mixed with a pinch of Gattaca, Equilibrium and matrix thrown in for good measure... let's see how it turns out...

The movie looks like a re-hash of Aeon-Flux mixed with a pinch of Gattaca, Equilibrium and matrix thrown in for good measure... let's see how it turns out...

There's also some Minority Report in there too.

But they don't describe it that much. In the trailers it's hard to know what's happenning (besides fighting.)

Yeah, when I saw the trailer, I had no idea what it was about at all. I did and still do think that "Ultraviolet" is a bad name.

I'm sorry, this movie looks absolutely terrible. Poor Milla, she was so good in the Messenger.

Terrible? No...far from it. If it's anything like Equilibrium, then it's worth seeing in the theaters. I hope there's some kick ass Gun Kata scenes in it. From the trailers, it looks like there will be.

I agree that Equilibrium was a good movie, and very underrated. I guess it'll just remain to be seen how this one holds up, but from the trailer, I'm not expecting much.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from seeing UltraViolet. I was VERY impressed with it. The action scenes were extremely well done. They were fast paced and there were plenty of them to keep the excitement of the movie going. The special effects were good and some of them were quite unique. The acting was pretty good, for the most part, but some of the dialogue was pretty cheesy, but that's to be expected. As for the story, I'll just say that the trailers for the movie pretty much explain nothing of what actually happens in the movie. It's a lot better than what one might think at first. See it for yourself. If you like action movies, you won't be dissapointed. If you are, then there's something wrong with you.

thanks for not spoiling anything, i'm going on saturday. it does look to be incredibly cool. that and it's got mila in it...mmmm mila...but it was good overall then, good to hear. :yes:

****Spoiler Alert****

Awesome movie for sure. :yes: I love all the action scenes (basically the entire movie was action :P ). Though, I don't get how she could so easily kill her own kind in many numbers so quickly, while the 14 gas guards at the end took so much effort. :blink:

The kid that plays "Six" must have some connections, he's in a couple movies this year already.

I think my favorite action scene out of the entire movie was in the bike chase with the gravity device thingy on the buildings and all around the city. ^_^

I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with the movie. The action sequences were so utterly predictable that they didn't even bother showing the majority of them. The story (such as it was), seemed almost like a computer was asked to meld together Elektra, Underworld, and the Transporter. Truly, this movie is not so much about temporary suspension of belief, but of the outright denial of it both before and after the movie ends!

****Spoiler Alert****

Awesome movie for sure. :yes: I love all the action scenes (basically the entire movie was action :P ). Though, I don't get how she could so easily kill her own kind in many numbers so quickly, while the 14 gas guards at the end took so much effort. :blink:

The kid that plays "Six" must have some connections, he's in a couple movies this year already.

I think my favorite action scene out of the entire movie was in the bike chase with the gravity device thingy on the buildings and all around the city. ^_^

I agree, the bike chase was effin sweet.

Aquatus1, if you're going to an ACTION movie for the story, then of course you're going to be dissapointed. And what was so predictable about the action scenes? Good guy wins, bad guys die. Like every other action scene in a movie. They still kicked ass. And of course nothing in this movie is going to be believable. It takes place in the far future. I don't know what you were expecting to get out of this film. Don't know about you, but I go in mainly for the insanely awesome action scenes, which there were plenty of. The reason they didn't show a lot of them is because almost, if not more than 40 minutes of the film had to be cut in order to make it PG-13, so we were not able to see the movie that the director intended us to, which explains a lot of the missing action and plot holes.

I didnt like the music. I hoped it would be like the song 24 thats in the trailers.

Otherwise. AWESOME!!!!