Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
SoulMatrix

Bush calls for Eliminating

SoulMatrix

A program providing nutritious foods for poor seniors may be heading to the chopping block, but Senator Herb Kohl (D-Wisconsin) is fighting it all the way.

President Bush wants to cut the Commodity Supplemental Food Program and move its participants to food stamps.

Critics argue the seniors will be worse off. The program feeds nearly half-a-million poor people every month, including 5000 Wisconsinites.

The Department of Agriculture wants them on food stamps by October 1, but they could face strong opposition on Capitol Hill.

Kohl says dropping it is a matter of misplaced priorities with Bush wanting to cut taxes for wealthy people.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/2291671.html

__Kratos__

Grr... I hate being called 'Wisconsinites'.

Anyways...

I don't think this program should be cut at all. Perhaps Bush can cut another area that wouldn't affect programs that help domestic people instead of giving billions of our dollars to countries around the world. <_<

bathory

cut palestinian funding or something heh

ROGER

If I understand the controlling system , the "Department of Defense" is rearranging all Government food purchasing and distribution programs. This will effect School lunch programs , meals on wheels , and other programs set up to help the poor and needy of our country.

The "Child and Adult Care Food Programs" are to help young mothers who breast feed their children get proper food. Proponents for dropping the program says put them on the "WIC" program. That will supply formula and Cows Milk to the children , and all the Peanut Butter they can eat! WOOPEE!

We have got to get rid of this guy and his political pals!

Wings of Selkhet

I hope that when Bush is a senior, his family forgets about him and he's left to starve in the cold, because that's what he deserves. I'm not concerned about Iraq anymore - I'm concerned about what this man has done to our senior citizens since he's entered office.

Purplos

Now I pretty much know how foodstamps works, having known someone who receives them. How does this "Commodity Supplemental Food Program" differ from it? What is bad about having seniors on foodstamps if they work basically the same way?

I'd have to know more about what this program actually does.

bathory

it probably is no different, just that the politicians in charge were able to get their cut:P

ROGER

I went to the "Commodity Supplemental Food Program" and spent an hour reading Government Legalize. Hurt my head. What I got out of it was last year it cost $1.8 Million . Compared to the proposed Military Budget request this is peanuts.

Save a dime , Spend $5.00 Dollars! Good thing the President doesnt have to balance his own check- bank account, He Would be BROKE in no time! :wacko:

XNavyGunner

Just cut off ALL foreign aid. I bet that would help the budget.