Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

canadian paper publishes cartoons

jeceris

a paper from the west of canada has published the cartoons that have sent muslims in a frenzied mob, out into the streets, in a newspaper here.

so, here we go again, it's like no one wants to let this die.

a little on the fence here, i support free press and the printing of such material, but not months later just to make a point and start another riot.

read away........

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...oons060213.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Elfstone810

• Rykster

• Talon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they doing this to make some kinda of a point or something? I think this going to become a cat and mouse game all over again.

Are they doing this to make some kinda of a point or something? I think this going to become a cat and mouse game all over again.

Point of free speech and how Islam doesn't rule the world, I would assume. :)

My first thought is that they are doing it because they know it will sell!

Follow the dollars, I always say...

hmmmmm..

While I think that everyone should have the freedom of speach, this looks to me, like it is a flat out attack on the muslim people. I mean, if this would have been published before the other cartoons about mohammad, I wouldnt have a problem. But this is obviously a response to the response that those cartoons received.

The other cartoons always had the excuse of, well we didnt know what would happen in the Muslim community. That obviously isnt the case here, and just appears to be an attack on Radical Muslims.

And I read an article that said, It is not Forbidden to have images of Mohammad. However it is taught that if you worship an icon, such as the cross for christians, you forget what you are actually praying to. Then you begin to pray to the cross, more then you actually pray to the teachings, and the person.

Point of free speech and how Islam doesn't rule the world, I would assume. :)

I think that is a good guess.

I believe that it is a point that needs to be pushed; it is something that the free world cannot back down from. I know that there a a lot of people in the muslim world that are very much against the violence that has occured, and I can appreciate that but I still think that too much of the muslim world wishes to force it's beliefs on the rest of the world.

In my opinion that is just not acceptable and it needs to be addressed right now. If the muslim world wishes to outlaw cartoons in their own countries, then they have the right to do that and I could care less. I however will not tolerate foreigners to force their belief system on free countries; if they want to become violent in free countries to make their point I can say with a high degree of confidence that the violent protesters will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

If the muslim world wishes to push their point; the rest of the free world can do the same and freedom will win out.

The other cartoons always had the excuse of, well we didnt know what would happen in the Muslim community

The whole point here, though, is that the other cartoons didn't NEED an excuse. No one, regardless of their religion, has the right to demand that another country pass laws that are counter to that country's own cultural beliefs to suit them.

People keep saying, "well, I support freedom of the press, but . . . " There IS no BUT! Freedom of the press is as intrinsic a part of our lives in the west as Muslim beliefs are of their lives in their countries. I would not go into one of their countries and push our laws and ways of life at them and I'll be damned if I'll sit quietly while they come into our country and demand that we accept theirs.

Freedom of the press or not... it was a pretty big insult to most muslims to show their messiah wearing a bomb.... I think it's very disrespectful actually...

Sure it was disrespectful, and I personally wouldn't have done it. But that doesn't change the fact that we have the right to be disrespectful. And, as someone else has said, respect is not something that anyone has a right to.

I'm really curious... why should I, show any amount of respect to a child molester and rapist of a prophet? :huh: (his wife 6 years old and the female slaves he raped)

believe that it is a point that needs to be pushed; it is something that the free world cannot back down from. I know that there a a lot of people in the muslim world that are very much against the violence that has occured, and I can appreciate that but I still think that too much of the muslim world wishes to force it's beliefs on the rest of the world.

In my opinion that is just not acceptable and it needs to be addressed right now. If the muslim world wishes to outlaw cartoons in their own countries, then they have the right to do that and I could care less. I however will not tolerate foreigners to force their belief system on free countries; if they want to become violent in free countries to make their point I can say with a high degree of confidence that the violent protesters will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

I agree

I'm really curious... why should I, show any amount of respect to

Respect is a two-way street. What respect do they show to their own women. They are property. They circumcise their women for crying out loud. Respect is earned, not a birthright.

Well Jesus was a drunkin Hippy.

~Thanato

:lol: That he was... all that wine he was drinking, curious how he made it his 'blood'.

Ezra Levant of the Western Standard told CBC Newsworld that he published the dozen cartoons in Monday's edition because they are "the central fact in the largest news story of the month. "I'm doing something completely normal. I'm publishing the centre of a controversy. That's what news magazines do."

Source: CBC.news (Full Article)

Sounds like a valid reason to publish it. Although it's sorta like putting fire out with fire.

Well Jesus was a drunkin Hippy.

~Thanato

Why I oughta protest this post to the government and cause a one man riot. :w00t::lol: I'm kidding. I couldn't if I wanted to, on the account of frostbite. :lol:

Edited by Scorpius

Freedom of the press or not... it was a pretty big insult to most muslims to show their messiah wearing a bomb.... I think it's very disrespectful actually...

of course noone is saying they can't be offended etc just the way in which they use violence and fear to get rid of things they don't like is ridiculous...if it really is that big a problem, take it to the courts and let the courts decide if its freedom of speech.