Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could America be defeated?

.JJ.

Guns did not defeat the Soviet Union.

Corrupt politicians and a bankrupt economy defeated them.

The world is aware of the US national debt and how much of it is owned by Japan and China.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RamboIII

• et's daddy

• Rykster

• Bobzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

dont we have missiles that can reach NK and China ?

and our bombers

if we saw them headed this way en masse we would launch an all out arial attack

missiles, bombers, and nuclear subs

even if they attacked together i dont think they could defeat us

Well Xenojjin, if it happens, you live in the safest place in the world!

America can be defeated but every country would have to shut off trading with america and let America lose a chunk of its power from the economic shock for a few years . Then Have North Korea, CHina, Mid east, and everyone else who has a semi decent striking power all attack the US together .

Thing is: chances of this actually happening are almost nonexistant . Many countries would have to get over years of racism and internal brainwashing ( especially NK ) in order to even begin thinking about working together . Not going to happen .

well that wouldnt happen because we poor dumb ol americans are smarter that most of you realize.

heres why:

we are the biggest consumer nation. that means that we are the fuel on the fire. we buy cheap products, and some not so cheap products from outside to bolster other economies, so they can keep feeding us the goods. if they stop delivering they will stop getting richer. they are addicted to dollars you see. cut them off and they go broke.

example: china. everyone knows we have a huge trade imbalance with china right? well its a good thing. heres why.

first our economists got together and figured out how money and finance worked. then they figured out our GNP and compared it to other countries. there was a big difference. we had a huge economy at the time that was industrial in nature. steel, fertilizer, agriculture, other goods. what we did was invest in china and other developing nations, japan is another one. the investing was in their markets and industry. take steel for example. it is cheaper to buy their chinese and tiwanese produced steel and ship it here, than it is to make our own steel. you see american workers want too much money to make things like steel pipes and beams.

then what they did was to increase the amounts purchased every year, so that the chinese reinvested into themselves, to increase production capacity beleiving that there would be increased demand, keeping the steel prices stable or increasing. but what we did was to maintain our levels of purchasing so that the chinese would develop a surplus of steel. this surplus, in addition to the increased capacity means that they have too much on hand and that that amount is increasing, not diminishing.

so what happens now?

the price drops dramtically. we buy it all up cheap, and have completely used the chinese for their goods. meanwhile the chinese plants and companies cant afford to decrease production because then they would have to lay people off, and that means less money in the pockets of the people, creating dissention.

or they could lower the wages of the people so that they could maintain a profit margin. that too would end up the same for the people. less money in the hands of the people. then we would swoop in and buy up china like cheap socks. all perfectly engineered by our economists. we would then have a giant economic boom as we soak up the goods at the cheapest rates possible. of course this could also cause a revolution in china, causing them to come over to the light side of the force.

either way we profit. so i dont think that we have anything to worry about. how can you invade a country that owns you?

if you dont believe me check out jim jubak on msnbc.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P138904.asp

its a moot point

anyways, i agree with you. if someone were to invade america, it would litterally need to be four or five of the bigger countries in the world, such as those from the UN. we're like the dad of the world. the children (other countries) get into squabbles and sometimes we end up having to put our foot down, but they always listen to us because they know better than to go against us

i just have a problem with this condescending , insulting claptrap.

do you guys get taught this at school???

we're like the dad of the world. the children (other countries) get into squabbles and sometimes we end up having to put our foot down

I think you're confusing "dad" with "bully".

Both have power, only one abuses it.

america cant be defeated. being american is a state of mind freedom knows no borders. :innocent:

In a conventional military invasion, not counting nuclear capabilities, no other nation in the world could set foot on our shores. Our Navy and Air Force can make quick work of any invading Naval force or fighters/bombers and aerial troop transports.

There are only several countries in the world that have so many extremely well trained soldiers as the U.S., and none of them would consider attacking the U.S.

Yes, Russia and China have large armies, but in a conventional war, it's about training, not throwing masses of human waves at attackers. Russia and Japan learned that the hard way in WWII.

That being said, I'm not so naive as to say America will never fall. There are economic problems, political maneuvering and inner squabbling by our political parties that could easily see to the end of America.

However, in an out and out fight, on our own soil, there are now countries that could manage to break through our forces into the mainland.

not sure if this has already been said, but hey what the hell;

all you need to do is shutdown their power, use a hella lot of chaff over the pentagon - and the rest of america, they won't know whats going on until BLAM! they're invaded and incase they use morse code, you cut all the telecommunication wires that run across america.

^

can't really be done to the best standered, but get a large population of people and it could be acheived.

If things really got dicey, and I mean really desperate, while the world was invading the US, something cataclysmic might happen. user posted image

Remember all those nuclear subs we have out there? Stalking the oceans, each armed with 24 missiles. Each missile with 8 MIRVS, 192 targets for each sub, each warhead between 500KT and 1MT. How many subs? Who knows, but while the enemies invade us, we would be making sure that they had nothing to return to, and no hope of support from home.

Once the invaders had to rely on what they brought with them and only that, the battle here at home would likely become much like that in Iraq. Only this time we would be the insurgency. user posted imageuser posted image

Dark picture. I need to get out more. user posted image

Yes, that is something nobody ever takes into account. My Uncle is an avid submariner. Many people don't have the slightest clue as to the power of the Silent Service.

China cannot defeat us on our own soil. Why does nobody seem to take into account the fact that most of their troops will have to stay in China otherwise the country will revolt. What good would it do to send their whole army over here only to have everything back at home taken away?

China cannot defeat us on our own soil. Why does nobody seem to take into account the fact that most of their troops will have to stay in China otherwise the country will revolt. What good would it do to send their whole army over here only to have everything back at home taken away?

same goes for North Korea

I think you're confusing "dad" with "bully".

Both have power, only one abuses it.

yes bardude, we're bullies

we freed the Iraqi people (lest you forget the mass graves)

we suffered 9-11

we give out more financial aid then any other country

yup, bullies :tu:

"cruel winters" lol

And i dont think the Northern united State's winters are bad enough to cause thousands of soldiers to freeze to death, maybe if you retreated up into Canada that might happen.

~Thanato

Think again chief. If they were invading us and had no place to hang out then they would definately freeze their baggets off up here in ND

Ever heard of "Valley Forge?"

no country is even a threat to us so we have nothing to worry about. We have THE BEST special ops forces in the world, the best scientists, and the most advanced technology. we are impenetrable

its a moot point

i just have a problem with this condescending , insulting claptrap.

do you guys get taught this at school???

well you have so much room to talk seeing as your from the most powerful country in the world... scotland :w00t::rofl::D

what is your point anyway?

yes bardude, we're bullies

we freed the Iraqi people (lest you forget the mass graves)

we suffered 9-11

we give out more financial aid then any other country

yup, bullies :tu:

:rollseyes:

The US freed the iraqi people with the help of the UK and you lot needed our backing to do that in the first place..

The UK has suffered terrorism for the past 40 odd years due to the IRA who happened to be partially funded by the U.S. In fact the U.K has suffered forms of terrorism along with the rest of Europe for thousands of years.

The UK also give out vasts amount of aid to other countries and we are a tiny Island in comparison.

Oh and no I do not believe the U.S can be defeated not in an invasion from the outside anyway. From the inside however I think so.

Edited by Lottie

oh man when will the ignorance stop!!!!

oh shut up :angry2: you are the ignorant one, prove one of my points, just one, wrong and then you can babble all you want. :angry2:

il explain as soon as i get some sleep :sleepy:

Edited by AKUMA166

:rollseyes:

The US freed the iraqi people with the help of the UK and you lot needed our backing to do that in the first place..

The UK has suffered terrorism for the past 40 odd years due to the IRA who happened to be partially funded by the U.S. In fact the U.K has suffered forms of terrorism along with the rest of Europe for thousands of years.

The UK also give out vasts amount of aid to other countries and we are a tiny Island in comparison.

Oh and no I do not believe the U.S can be defeated not in an invasion from the outside anyway. From the inside however I think so.

the us did not NEED the uk's help, especially as seeing what they did to that prisoner the other day ( jk! ) we were just grateful for an ally when everyone else gave us the cold shoulder. also we give so much more aid out to other countries than the UK does that even if you were our size (which has no relevance by the way) we would still be giving more :tu:

il explain as soon as i get some sleep :sleepy:

lol :D he justs needs that long to come up with a half decent argument