Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vietnam man handles 3 decades without sleep

UM-Bot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• gothikchile13

• Rykster

well it can be possible without sleep for 30 years..

i saw a man who didn't sleep 4 years (NBC nightly news i believed)..his eyes balls was bloody red because of lack of sleep and stress..then scientist decided to test him with sleeping pills but i never worked...he just can't go to sleep.. :ph34r:

but unfortunately he died after the test... :cry:

Edited by Graylady

This story is tight. I'm going to try it. Wish me luck. ok this is day 1. lol im jp. who the hell wants to take this challenge on anyways? How come this story nvr got on to Ripley's Believe it or Not show? Or isnt on guiness world records book?

Nevermind Ripley's or guiness

This should have been front page news all over the world. Why not? Because it is not true.

Period.

Gah you sure to come to an absolute conclusion quick, eh?

Given the facts we were, it's not too hard. It would have been all over CNN, MSNBC, Ripley's, Guiness, everywhere. It wasn't. Know why? Because it's not true.

--Jon

Actually, this topic has been touched on by Guiness, I don't know about Ripley's, but here's an excerpt from Sleeplessness from my Guiness book of world records 1997...

Sleeplessness

The longest recorded period for which a person has voluntarily gone without sleep is 453 hours 40 minutes by Robert McDonald of California in a rocking chair on Mar-14 to Apr 2, 1986. Victims of the very rare condition chronic colestites (total insomnia) have been known to go without definable sleep for many years. Jesus de Frutos (b 1925) of Segovia, Spain asserts that he has only dozed since 1954.

So perhaps this guy does suffer from chronic insomnia, this isn't the first case I've heard of someone going without sleep for years, there is a website dedicated to the study, I don't know the link anymore, but I used to be very interested in the subject, I myself have had chronic sleeping problems, in 2004 I went without sleep for a week, I can remember when I hit the fourth day that I decided to see how long I could stay awake, and made it for another 3 days...that is without coffee by the way...can't stand the stuff. I slept for 36 hours afterwards, lol. I used to regularly go without sleep 4 or 5 days at a time, but lately for the past year I've been having normal sleep patterns, hope it stays that way.

I think your right, he has got everyone on. Your body needs its rest.

You can rest your body without sleeping. A friend sleeps only 2-3 hours a night and i got a book which tells several cases of insomnia. It told of one person who hasn't slept in 60+ years. He just saids he sit on a rocking chair until he feels rested.

That is so weird..... i wonder if he needs to sit extra long hours just to get enough rest tho because dun u need some rest for the brain etc too :hmm: .... going without sleep is weird, i'd be so tired but look at all the extra hours u can muck about in :yes: .....

i got a friend who doesnt sleep very much either, i think hes crazy but he said hes made of steel lmao :P

my dad once went about 5 days without sleep.

I wouldn't mind not sleeping at all, it's a waste of time.. but damn when I only sleep like 2/3 hours my back hurts and I feel kinda funny lol can't imagine going a lot more without sleep.

• 1 month later...

No way that this is true. One week without sleep and you're like on an LSD trip. That man would have dropped dead a long time ago. Three decades without sleep... come on.

Or maybe he's been subject to tests by extraterrestrials that somehow eradicated his need for sleep. Or maybe he's a super soldier. Or maybe it's all just a load of crap.