Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bear Creek Blue Light Cemetery

NME_locus

I drive on this road fairly often since I work in Park 10. It seems as though I need to take another route!!

Then take Clay Rd. ...but the traffic is always congested. I still continue this route and have done so for the last 13 years. None of this happend before the murder that took place there. The body of the victim was of a female doctor found badly decomposed by the pond near the Conoco by the Omni Hotel, but on the other side of the hump. There should still be a reef hanging on the barb wire fence. Her body was there for a week and then I recalled the reason why I smelt the stench of road kill there for a week. I even had a blow out and changed my tire on the striped part of the bridge.... only 40 yards from the dead body. I can not say that I felt anything weird, though now I do. I often still take nightly jogs down this way to I-10. It's scary because there are no lights through this wooded area for miles so I jog in pitch black darkness, letting my eyes adjust to the moon.

I myself, have taken the curve in my sports car going 135 mph though the curves in getting up to 145 mph exiting the apex of that curve and getting up to 165 mph on the exiting straightaway.

Be careful on that road then at these speeds :blink:

That's so true. Driving those speeds over there and jogging alone at night = NME wanna be the next statistic. :unsure:

That's so true. Driving those speeds over there and jogging alone at night = NME wanna be the next statistic. :unsure:

We use to line 4 wide and race that curve for years, meaning two went in the opposite direction. My point being, there's no reason why cars would lose control and collide head on. Those curves are wide curves and there is not enough centrifical force to throw your back end and over-steer unless you enter the turn way fast and losing it in the exit when the weight transfers from one side of the car to the other. I have lived in Bear Creek area since 1989, and back then, this area was not this populated.

Below is the curve where all of these deaths take place. If you click on the image for a larger view, you will see that this is a large curve and can be seen way ahead by the driver of oncoming cars. Also, the small street that intersects right at the curve is Patterson Rd, and you can see the first bridge which is that haunted bridge where a small battle occurred, and where people have claimed to hear the tapping on the roof of your car.

user posted image

Edited by NME_locus

I need to try to find my pictures that I took during my investigation. I went by myself to take pictures, but got nothing. I went during the day and at night.

I was born and raised northwest of there and spent alot of time hunting and horseback riding thoughout the area from the late 50's through the learly 80's. Yes, I know, that makes me real, real old. I did want to mention a couple of things regarding the area though. The interesting thing about this area is that the activity that supposedly takes place out there is relatively new. When I was growing up, the area you folks are discussing was actually a large ranch, the LH7, and the remains of a town called Addicks which suffered major damage in the 1900 Hurricane. Mr. Addicks is actually buried in Blue Light. All of that area is low lying and prone to flooding thus the reason that it eventually flooded and became part of the Addicks reservoir system in the late 40's.

During dry times you could find the ruins of old homesteads and abandoned graveyards thoughout the area. The LH rodeo and barns were also still standing for years although I don't know if they still own any property out there. Haven't been there in 20 years so I don't know what's left. I think most of the land is under flood control property now.

I will mention that the most interesting thing in the area are the two odd ground structures located south of Patterson Rd. between the actual Langham Creek and Eldridge. One structure resembles a cleared mound with one tree at the center and the other structure is a cross in a cleared circle. The cross is made up of trees so it is not likely a natural formation.

You can best see them from the air or do a Google satellite view of the area. To the best of my knowledge the sites have been around since the 70's and have been attributed to hippies and/or religious cults living in the area during the 60's and 70's.

Regarding the paranormal activity, I will honestly say I never experienced anything while roaming those woods in daylight or night. I was always more concerned with the plentiful copperheads, cottonmouths and swarms of wasps.

One last thing, as a former history professor, I can tell you there were no Civil War battles anywhere near the area. Closest one was Galveston. Some skirmishes did occur with Mexican troops but these were mostly west of there around the Brazos River. If there are ghosts out there, they are most likely those of the German ranchers and farmers that settled Addicks in the 1850s.

Keep exploring the area. There is alot of history to be found out there.

Yes, I know, that makes me real, real old. I did want to mention a couple of things regarding the area though.

Thank you swc64. I'm glad you joined to share your experience and history with the area.

Don't consider yourself "real, real old"....lol. Everyone can learn a great deal from their elders. I'm still learning things from my Grams.......now, she's real, real old.... :D.

I will mention that the most interesting thing in the area are the two odd ground structures located south of Patterson Rd. between the actual Langham Creek and Eldridge. One structure resembles a cleared mound with one tree at the center and the other structure is a cross in a cleared circle. The cross is made up of trees so it is not likely a natural formation.

You can best see them from the air or do a Google satellite view of the area. To the best of my knowledge the sites have been around since the 70's and have been attributed to hippies and/or religious cults living in the area during the 60's and 70's.

The area you refer to, nowadays, we refer to as the cross... and near it is something we call the bowl. Still interesting as to why these formations are out there. I wondor if there was any indians that settled the area?

Click on image for larger view:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Regarding the paranormal activity, I will honestly say I never experienced anything while roaming those woods in daylight or night. I was always more concerned with the plentiful copperheads, cottonmouths and swarms of wasps.

One last thing, as a former history professor, I can tell you there were no Civil War battles anywhere near the area. Closest one was Galveston. Some skirmishes did occur with Mexican troops but these were mostly west of there around the Brazos River. If there are ghosts out there, they are most likely those of the German ranchers and farmers that settled Addicks in the 1850s.

Keep exploring the area. There is alot of history to be found out there.

According to what I have heard, the skirmish that did take place here was between the German settlers and the mexican army, but I can not verify until I find more info.

Come on, it was so damn interesting... Where did LaLo go, think something has happened to her while being on that bridge again?

..... who's Lalo?

The area you refer to, nowadays, we refer to as the cross... and near it is something we call the bowl. Still interesting as to why these formations are out there. I wondor if there was any indians that settled the area?

According to what I have heard, the skirmish that did take place here was between the German settlers and the mexican army, but I can not verify until I find more info.

NME,

The only explanation of the sites that I've ever heard was from an old rancher in the area who attributed the sites to, and I quote, "a bunch of them hippies and Jesus freaks who used to have camps out here..." According to him, the bowl and the cross were not there prior to the late 60's early 70's. I don't recall hearing about them until the 70's either. Judging from the growth of the trees, I tend to think this is probably true. They don't appear to be Native American in structure and don't fit in with the tribes that were known to inhabit the area, mainly the Karankawa and Atakapan. In fact, both tribes were nearly wiped out by European diseases very early on and were certainly gone from the area by the time the railroad and German settlers arrived. I think that the structures, while fairly new, may have been an attempt to continue some kind of religious tradition by the German settlers. The same thing as Cross Mountain outside of Fredericksburg.

I would be very interested to hear about any info you find on the skirmish. There have always been stories about a skirmish in the area but there is nothing in the historical record to indicate it was anything major. I doubt it would have involved the Germans and the Mexican army as the settlers didn't arrive until long after Mexico was defeated and Texas was a state. My guess is that if there was a skirmish, it would have been an earlier one between a homesteader and the Mexican army or perhaps between two very early settlers to the area. This would account for the lack of historical data as well as the ever changing story.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread with all this boring history. I'll let you guys get back to discussing the interesting stuff.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread with all this boring history. I'll let you guys get back to discussing the interesting stuff.

Thanks SWC!

Heck no, by all means, that what this thread is for, and to catch any attention from people that know the history of Bear Creek Pioneers Park The whole area is now property of the US Army.... Hoorah!

I also don't think the skirmishes are what made the area haunted, but the fatalities did. For years, nothing was strange about this place, until the body of the car-jack victim was found. Her body was there for over a week and badley decomposed. It was at the lake on the right if you heads towords I-10 by the big hill which acts as a dam. Since then, all these crosses and markers have gone up from fatalities.

Edited by NME_locus

ilk2singa signed almost all her posts with that, plus she mentioned in a thread that that's how her friends call her :yes:

Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about now! I have her on my friend list on my MYSPACE account.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=69263231

She belongs to Fox & Hound Ghost Hunters which is a pub in Houston which I so happen to go for lunch. She also has other Research groups linked to her. I linked to her after I met her here.

Her last loggin : 17th August 2006 - 05:50 PM

I like how she puts thing, and she thinks the same way I do.

Her quote

"FHGH Stands for Fox & Hound Ghost Hunters. Simply put we are a group of kids based out of fox composed of our wait staff, cooks, and hostesses. Driven mad by boredom, and recent ghostly phenomenon at Fox we decided to venture out into our fair and vast state of Texas to debunk the truths of our favorite "haunted places" and "urban legends".

Does not means she's a skeptic at all, simply means she will let you know which are real and worth going to. She validates.

Edited by NME_locus

Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about now! I have her on my friend list on my MYSPACE account.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=69263231

She belongs to Fox & Hound Ghost Hunters which is a pub in Houston which I so happen to go for lunch. She also has other Research groups linked to her. I linked to her after I met her here.

That's really weird, nearly had a 'moment' there... I know of a pub called the Fox and Hounds in Houston but it's in Scotland :D

• 3 months later...

Sounds like an awesome area...would love to check it out sometime :D

<< If you live in the area, there is also the Beeler Cemetery on Enclave Parkway off Eldridge just south of I-10 (and Bear Creek Park). It's a small cemetery with about 7 or 8 plots, all from the 1880's to as late as the 1914. The area is developing rapidly and the cemetery is at risk of being wiped away by progress. There used to be a historical marker but that is now gone. Also, you may get a visit from a private security guard if you hang out long enough - it is still a public park, so don't let them harrass you! Not sure why private security is concerned about a public park... but it leads me to believe the land has been bought and the cemetery will be moved soon. >>

I remember this place, or someplace very close to it. We lived near Dairy Ashford and Westheimer and used to ride our bikes up there. There was a little pond and park on the East side of Eldridge. There was a parking lot on the left side of Eldridge and a little cemetary. About 16 yrs ago two college age kids were murdered near there. It was mostly open fields and I believe the roads were already there. There was a business on or near the corner of Westpark and Eldridge. The kids were parked on one of the empty roads and ended up with their throats cut. Their bodies were discovered in the field. I remember feeling very scared by this. Thinking that the murderer could be the guy next to me in the grocery store line. Too creepy.

<< If you live in the area, there is also the Beeler Cemetery on Enclave Parkway off Eldridge just south of I-10 (and Bear Creek Park). >>

Yes, this is it. I just read this: http://www.hollowhill.com/tx/houston/beeler-may06.htm

If there are entities outside the cemetary, it may be the murdered kids. Do spirits stay in the exact vicinity of the place they were murdered or can they wander a block or two? Would they be attracted to other spirits who died much earlier than they did under completely different circumstances?

• 5 months later...

I live in that area as well. I'd like to meet a group of ppl out there on a Saturday night. I did community svcs at that park and heard of the blue light cementary and know where it is as well. Plus there has been a many of suicides inside the park as well. If anyone would like to a group get together out there. Let me know by calling my cell @ *snip*. I live off *snip*.

Mike, It's really not a good idea to post personal info such as a cell # and address on any message board

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
to remove personal info

you forgot to say "HALLAH!" :D ......B

that sucked :huh:

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I went to Patterson Rd and Beeler Cemetary a few weeks ago around 12-1 am and took a couple of pictures (here's two of them):

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6413/0001384ik1.jpg

This pic was taken just off the bridge closest to Eldridge Rd on Patterson Rd.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5882/0001383af0.jpg

As you can see the gate surrounding Beeler Cemetary, this was taken from the path leading into the cemetary to the left side near the car garage.

The Patterson Rd picture I'm a little skeptical of because I'm questioning myself on if the camera lens was dirty or if that was a lens glare off the side bridge railing which can be clearly seen on the lower part of the picture. I definately had and still have a feeling that something(s) is out there and around that bridge (not trying to sound corny). When I was out there, I was the only one who got out the car to take the picture above. The strange part was that the trees were the blackest of black and they did not move it seemed though there was a light breeze. I also did hear the "tapping sound" which to me sounded like the bridge settling under the weight of the van we were in, but a few times it sounded like something was hitting the sign near the bridge which I can't explain....

The time before I went to Patterson Rd was kind of strage also, but not in a ghost sense. There were a couple off teenagers parked off the side of the road firing Roman Candles in the woods which later it appeared got there car stuck in the mud. The strange part came when a car from behind us came out of nowhere and stopped along side of us and asked if we needed help....The first thing that came to my mind was "Great, this guy probably has a gun and were all dead"; this was a 3am by the way and who would be out at that hour asking people if they need help alond side a dark road. After we told him everything was a ok, he went up ahead and asked the teenagers if they needed help and blocked off both sides of the road with his car. I then thought " Hmmm, this guy is very very strange...what is he trying to do?" After about 5 minutes, he took off and that was that, but the car full of teenagers was still there after we left with everyone hanging out around the car.

Before we went to Patterson Rd, we stopped by Beeler Cementary which was interesting on its own. When we first got there, we thought that we were in trouble because we saw a security truck come down near the cemetary then make a U turn towards us, but the guy just went on his way so all was good. Anyways, Beeler cemetary from what I could see at night is shaped like an L. Well at the inner part of the L, my aunt an I could feel a cold area near the bar fence that felt colder then the surrounding areas. To me though, that was not grabbing my attention as much as the small wooded area behind the cemetary. I felt as if someting was watching me from the trees or the bushes......and how ironic there was an owl in the tree and the moon was out lol.....still very strange.

I plan on going back out to Patterson Rd to get some more pictures off both bridges and maybe even some video footage. I can't wait to go again!

Edited by TheFallWithin

I went to Patterson Rd and Beeler Cemetary a few weeks ago around 12-1 am and took a couple of pictures (here's two of them):

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6413/0001384ik1.jpg

This pic was taken just off the bridge closest to Eldridge Rd on Patterson Rd.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5882/0001383af0.jpg

As you can see the gate surrounding Beeler Cemetary, this was taken from the path leading into the cemetary to the left side near the car garage.

The Patterson Rd picture I'm a little skeptical of because I'm questioning myself on if the camera lens was dirty or if that was a lens glare off the side bridge railing which can be clearly seen on the lower part of the picture. I definately had and still have a feeling that something(s) is out there and around that bridge (not trying to sound corny). When I was out there, I was the only one who got out the car to take the picture above. The strange part was that the trees were the blackest of black and they did not move it seemed though there was a light breeze. I also did hear the "tapping sound" which to me sounded like the bridge settling under the weight of the van we were in, but a few times it sounded like something was hitting the sign near the bridge which I can't explain....

The time before I went to Patterson Rd was kind of strage also, but not in a ghost sense. There were a couple off teenagers parked off the side of the road firing Roman Candles in the woods which later it appeared got there car stuck in the mud. The strange part came when a car from behind us came out of nowhere and stopped along side of us and asked if we needed help....The first thing that came to my mind was "Great, this guy probably has a gun and were all dead"; this was a 3am by the way and who would be out at that hour asking people if they need help alond side a dark road. After we told him everything was a ok, he went up ahead and asked the teenagers if they needed help and blocked off both sides of the road with his car. I then thought " Hmmm, this guy is very very strange...what is he trying to do?" After about 5 minutes, he took off and that was that, but the car full of teenagers was still there after we left with everyone hanging out around the car.

Before we went to Patterson Rd, we stopped by Beeler Cementary which was interesting on its own. When we first got there, we thought that we were in trouble because we saw a security truck come down near the cemetary then make a U turn towards us, but the guy just went on his way so all was good. Anyways, Beeler cemetary from what I could see at night is shaped like an L. Well at the inner part of the L, my aunt an I could feel a cold area near the bar fence that felt colder then the surrounding areas. To me though, that was not grabbing my attention as much as the small wooded area behind the cemetary. I felt as if someting was watching me from the trees or the bushes......and how ironic there was an owl in the tree and the moon was out lol.....still very strange.

I plan on going back out to Patterson Rd to get some more pictures off both bridges and maybe even some video footage. I can't wait to go again!

This one is very interesting..

post-53813-1179269679_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I wonder will it will ever be opened again.

I tried going there about 4 times and everytime it has been closed due to high water even though i wait for weeks hoping it will clear up

I finally got tired of waiting so i took off on foot down the dark road..

and ts pretty freaky..

I really want to drive my car down that road and exp some of the things that people have told me..

I wonder if there is any way i can find out when its going to open back up

I wonder will it will ever be opened again.

I tried going there about 4 times and everytime it has been closed due to high water even though i wait for weeks hoping it will clear up

I finally got tired of waiting so i took off on foot down the dark road..

and its pretty freaky..

I really want to drive my car down that road and exp some of the things that people have told me..

I wonder if there is any way i can find out when its going to open back up

that's pretty freaky ;) .....B

halfhandshuffle:Moon Unit Zappa - Valley Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M9aY7hXjGU