Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hollow Earth Theory

Engulf

Hollow Earth - True?False?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Hollow Earth - True?False?

• True
    • False
    • Maybe
    • Earth Is Flat

We have discussed other things on the forum like this , but they were not the same in the way this is .

This is something I call a "black box" theory . Its kind of like the question : what is inside of a supermassive black hole ? First impression is a painfull death , but then again these black holes distort time , so we dont know .

But you have a good point their , despite the fact it can't really come to a conclusion ... it is kind of fun to poke at wink2.gif

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Engulf

• crystal sage

• Occam's Razor

• Moon*Ghost

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.tlonh.com/articles/expandingEarthAnimation.asp

http://www.tlonh.com/articles/impactCraters.asp

:tu: ...and...

http://www.metaresearch.org/msgboard/topic...low######planet

http://www.expanding-earth.org/

THE EARTH IS GROWING AND EXPANDING RAPIDLY

by

EXTERNAL ACCRETION

(METEORITES, DUST AND SOLAR ENERGY)

and

INTERNAL CORE EXPANSION

(BY GRAVITATIONALLY INDUCED HEATING)

"want to talk seriously about the hypothesis that planets are hollow. There is a small buzz on the web that this is the case. For the past month I have scoured the net in search of evidence supporting both plate tectonic and hollow planet theories. In my opinion the hollow theory has the lead. Why?:

1. The Earth and the Moon both ring like a bell long after meteor impacts and earthquakes.

2. Recent research has shown that the Aurora Borealis is caused not by the sun but by enormous outgassings from the poles.

3. NO scientist or drilling company has ever reached the mantle. Despite the deepest hole of 40,000 ft.

4. The current theory amounting to the existence of solid mantle is the equivalent to telling what type of furniture is in a house by using a stethascope. See waveguide phenomena such as "whistlers" and apply that to the fact that seismic waves will be distorted by bouncing through the crust.

5. Nearly every ancient culture claims to have emerged from underground caves. And most ancient temples (pyramids, etc.) have deep underground tunnels beneath them.

6. Vortex theory- The center of a hurricane is hollow. The center of a wirlpool is hollow. The center of a tornado is hollow. All exhibit EMF generation. When a planet forms, the lighter hot elements will condense into a core of GAS as they cool. The heavier elements get thrown out by centrifugal force forming a crust. What's left is an inner sun and an outer crust, with no mantle.

7. Recent videos from SOHO show definitively that the surface of the sun is solid! Don't expect NASA to inform you look for yourself. I watched the videos a hundred times over. There is a triangular crytaline structure to the sun.

8. Current theory suggests that the earth's core rages a mighty 5,000 degrees celsius. This means that the only form a substance may take at the core is that of plasma.

9. Given the hollow earth theory one can explain the cause of every myth, legend, and war in all of history. The NAZIs held a strong beleif that the earth was hollow. See "The Black Sun" I don't know the author but I saw it at my library.

10. Search the net for a month as I did looking for satellite PHOTOGRAPHS of the artic sea. They barely exist. There are supposed to be enormous holes in the crust that provide entrance into the earth. 99% of the satelite images out there are composite images not photographs. Of 1,000+ images of the arctic I have found 3 photographs. 2 of which show a largw cicular depression. 1 is covered with ice. These pictures have since vanished from their original sources. Why?

11. Recent PHOTOGRAPHS of Mars, and Saturn, both show the same phenomena.

12. Both Mars and Saturn both have Auroras.

13. North and south pole Auroras occur simultaneously.

14. The Van Allen belts exhibit the same hollow torus shape.

15. Of all the explorers to the Arctic sea, most if not all are certain that there's a lost land up there. Admiral Byrd himself said that he flew there. Who's he? Only the first man ever to fly over the North Pole. On another trip to Antartica he and all of the crew on board the fleet of battleships that went there, reported being attacked by UFO's. I can't make this **** up. This is out of the mouth of a rear admiral of the armed forces not some cooky farmer boy.

16. There is an expedition planned to go to the inner earth in the summer of 2006. For $20,000 you can reserve a seat. I don't even have patience for people who think I'm making this up."

Edited by crystal sage

:)

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/holearth.html

;)

http://www.ultor.org/Trees######on######Mars.htm

http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/m07_m12/im...8/M0804688.html

He wrote to me via e-mail on March 9, 2001 and stated:

" I'm 95% convinced that there's no other conclusion...."

I fully agree that this is close to incontrovertible evidence of large present or past ³tree-like² organisms on Mars. I do not believe that these will be explained as ³geological features² or illusions. Only closer-in imaging will decide the matter There is much more, as time will tell.

Here is what Arthur Clarke said:

On February 25, in an interview with Buzz Aldrin video

taped by Space.com, Arthur C. Clarke said:

" I'm fairly convinced that we have discovered life on Mars. There are some incredible photographs from [the Jet Propulsion Laboratory], which to me are pretty convincing proof of the existence of large forms of life on Mars! Have a look at them. I don't see any other interpretation."

See:

www.space.com/peopleinterviews/clarke_believe_010227.html

Edited by crystal sage

The magnetic field that the earth produces is caused by the molten core of the earths rotation while the earth revolves if the earthe were hollow we would have no magnetic field and we would all die from the radiation that is deflected by our magnetic field, and I dont know about you but I dont even feel sick.

The earth is flat, like a disk. This Discworld is supported on the backs of 4 massive elephants, which in turn are standing on the back of a galacticaly huge tortoise named the Great A'Tuin. He swims slowly and ponderously through space with the kind of determination that only a galactically huge tortoise can have. Only he knows where hes going and where he's been. There is also a 5th elephant, but that is strictly hypothetical.

False, no doubts about that for me :geek:

'Occam's Razor'

I researched the whole hollow earth theory years back. I have to say it is a very exciting and believable theory as presented by some. Although, I don't really believe it, I would probably retreat into the Hollow Earth if given the chance, because popular theory has it that a very advanced and peaceful race exist within.

But gosh darn it, Occam's Razor has raised intelligent questions I never considered before. And I think he has single handedly knocked the theory out of the water. Very good job. They should make you a moderator. Because some of them on here make this a very unpleasant place to visit. :tu:

I can tell you a few things about the believers of the Hollow Earth. There is a website dedicated to a huge ship exploration that will going soon to the North Pole to find the hole.

Also, many believe that spaceships are actually from the hollow earth. Some people have even suggested the moon is hollow and a huge iron spaceship :)

It was a romantic theory that Hitler actually faked his death and retreated into one of the openings of the hollow earth. Many entrances are believed to exist throughout the world and there are even maps of their locations.

Ok, seriously. I have heard stories about these lizard men who live in the center of the earth who come out throught the poles and they may have something to do with the MIB or Majestic 12 (but I admit I still have no idea what the Maj 12 are). has anyone heard of these lizard men?

This Buddhist venerable did not even know English, he lived in Taiwan and surely did not have read about Hollow Earth theories.

So, you presumably think this has only been translated in English and because a Buddhist does not know English he could not possibly know about this?

Sorry, that is the really unbelievable of you to say. It is really odd because the rest of your post was articulate and very open minded.

Edited by xymox1971

:whistle::)

Nat' Academies Press, Halley's Quest (2005)(It was not then known that Saturn's rings rotate; Newton hadn't ... Perhaps amazingly, this notion of a hollow Earth still chimes with possibility today. ...

http://darwin.nap.edu/books/0309095948/html/168.html

:huh::unsure:

"Sometime prior to 1901, the French Government, wishing to determine more accurately the actual size of the Earth, so that they could revise and refine their calculations regarding the distance to the sun, hit on a way to measure the difference in distance apart at the top of two lines perpendicular to the surface of the Earth and the bottom of those same two lines. They wanted a pair of lines long enough to give them an appreciable measurement . Obviously they could not erect two parallel poles a mile high, but they did feel they could suspend two plumb bobs a mile deep into a mine shaft, and thus be able to measure the distance apart at the top and the distance apart at the bottom, which would be slightly less. They wanted to know exactly how much less. The result of these tests was very strange. So strange that the French Geodetic scientists contacted the scientists of the American Geodetic Survey and conveyed their results to them, with the request that similar tests be conducted in this country. Officially, nothing was done for some years. But in 1901, one of the Geodetic surveyors happened to be working in the vicinity of the Tamarack mines near Calumet, Michigan. He contacted the chief engineer at Tamarack, and informed him of the information transmitted by the French government. Two mine shafts were selected, and plumb lines exactly 4,250 feet long were suspended in each mine. At the end of these lines a sixty pound bob was hung. In order to prevent movement through a horizontal direction, each bob was suspended in a tank of oil placed at the bottom of the mine shafts.

In this way, it was reasoned, magnetic forces could not effect them. The lines used to suspend the bobs were No. 24 piano wires. For twenty-four hours the lines were allowed to hang, so that there would be no possibility of movement from putting them in place still remaining in the lines. The measurements were begun.

It was then that it was discovered that the French Geodetic engineers had not made a mistake.

Careful re-checking proved that the lines, contrary to expectations, were farther apart at the bottom than at the top!

There can be only one implication to such strange result the center of gravity is not, as previously believed, at the center of the Earth, but in fact, it must be above the surface of the Earth, somewhere in Space! If these two lines, formed by the suspended plumb lines, were to be extended upward, they would meet somewhere in the void away from the Earth, and that point, by all the rules of gravitational attraction, should be the center of gravity of this planet! Greatly puzzled, and not a little disturbed, the Tamarack engineer sent for Professor McNair of the Michigan College of Mines. With McNair there to check his results, the experiment was repeated, the measurements gone over again, and both men were convinced that no error had been made. Professor McNair suggested that the plumb bobs be changed to a non-magnetic metal to overcome any possibility of magnetic attraction or repulsion due to a magnetic ore body nearby. But when this was done, the same figures were arrived at. If magnetic influences had been at work, they would have varied with different metals, but they did not.

Now, suggested McNair, it would be a good idea to prevent air currents from traveling up and down the mine shafts which might be affecting the plumb lines. Thus, both mine shafts were sealed at the top. Once more the figures remained the same.

After trying many methods to vary the figures and failing, Professor McNair gave up in complete bewilderment. These series of test had not gone on in complete secrecy, and it was inevitable that news of them leaked out. It leaked to a reporter of the Milwaukee (Wisconsin), Sentinel, who published the story. It stated the crux of the situation as follows: "The wires were supposed to hang parallel to each other (the reporter mad an error here, because this is not a fact they should have hung closer together at the bottom), but were farther apart below the surface than they were at the surface and no one has suggested anything that seems to cover the question." Professor McNair, when questioned stated for publication that he had proved that magnetic attraction from the Earth or the sides of the shaft did not cause the strange divergence. Then he went back to the Michigan College of Mines and wiped the whole thing from his mind.

Apparently this is true, for he made no effort to contact his colleagues or scientists to call attention to the fact that what they were teaching about gravitation and plumb lines did not actually hold true when put to a conclusive field test. However, we can forgive Professor McNair for his reluctance to pursue the matter further, because its implications are tremendous indeed. They are totally shattering to our concept of the universe, and in fact, if they can be made to hold true, make a shambles of all our physical sciences. Obviously Professor McNair was unwilling to so upset his daily routine. Nor were the United States and French governments for as the French put it, "the value of the franc will remain unchanged, and bridges and buildings, can still be built, so why make an issue of it?" ................................

http://www.lhup.edu/~DSIMANEK/hollow/palmer.htm

B)

http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlines/ast09dec97_3.htm

"Earth weaves its own invisible cloak

Polar fountains fill magnetosphere with ions

December 9, 1997

Since the late 1950s and '60s, scientists have believed that the Earth's magnetic field has captured a lot of the solar wind - charged particles flowing out from the sun - and formed an immense, comet-like cloud of electrified gas that surrounds our planet. An accidental discovery in the 1980s and new data collected since 1996 indicate that this magnetosphere may well be filled by a fountain of energized gas (right) blowing from the north and south poles.

You don't need to stock up on bottled air - the leakage is tiny compared to Earth's atmosphere - but the studies are making us take a new look at 40-year-old assumptions about how the Earth interacts with the space environment."

http://www.vnn.org/editorials/ET0004/ET21-5875.html

"This NASA publication is nothing less than a landmark article as it tends to support some of the concepts that Hollow Earth proponents have been proposing for a long time. For example, one complaint about the Hollow Earth Theory's idea of an inner sun has always been that we can't see any evidence of it, such as rays, although it has supposedly been witnessed through the Northern polar opening. But the aurora can now be presented as probable evidence of an inner sun.

Edited by crystal sage

Absolutly 100% false...

This theory has been prooven wrong by science over and over again. for those of you who voted yes you might as well have voted that the world was flat.

The fact that Earth has been penetrated using sonar etc. and they can actually view the inside of the planet already prooves this wrong.

I can tell you a few things about the believers of the Hollow Earth. There is a website dedicated to a huge ship exploration that will going soon to the North Pole to find the hole.

I remember posting on a topic here at least a year ago on this trip, I wonder what ever happened?

Hopefully they use "Google Earth" before they set off to the North Pole, last time I checked the entrance was still blocked by ice and snow. :w00t:

EDIT: hmmm actually I'm wrong for some reason Google shows the North Pole completely void of ice which I find odd, but I still don't see a hole. ;)

Edited by Shaftsbury

I find the idea very interesting, but I have my doubts like many of you do. However, what if instead of the earth being hollow, there are underground cities deep within (but not close to the core of course, unless they're close enough to it for it to provide heat).

I'm not entirely sure this is a credible source (but an interesting read nonetheless) but in the book Dead Men's Secrets, there are numerous paragraphs about how people have found caves and ventured inside of them, and once they reached a certain point they could see some sort of chemicals on the wall producing a greenish glow (in one case, someone ventured in, got scared and blew up the entrance...and another where a miner went inside, could hear machinery and once he went about half a mile in he could see someone chasing him and he fled). Like I said, I don't know if its a credible source.

Supposedly there are networks of tunnels all around the world connecting almost every continent. I've heard about one going from Tibet to Brazil, among others. I don't see how they, if they've been around for thousands of years, have withstood earthquakes and other natural disasters.

I really think that the temperatures and pressures would make it pretty much impossible for humans to exist at any depth.

I was trying to google up some data and the only thing I can find is an obscure document that deals with a temperature model of an offshore Louisiana oil field.

Source: http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~guerin/Thesis/IV/Chapter4.html

Diagram: http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~guerin/Thesis/IV/Figure4.4.jpg

Looking at the Bottom-hole temperatures for 1000 - 2000 foot wells, the temperature ranges between 50c and 75c :blink:

bottomhole temperature

1. n. [Formation Evaluation] ID: 2972

The temperature in the borehole at total depth at the time it is measured. In log interpretation, the bottom hole temperature (BHT) is taken as the maximum recorded temperature during a logging run, or preferably the last of series of runs during the same operation. BHT is the temperature used for the interpretation of logs at total depth. Farther up the hole, the correct temperature is calculated by assuming a certain temperature gradient. The BHT lies between the bottomhole circulating temperature (BHCT) and the bottomhole static temperature (BHST).

Edited by Shaftsbury

The earth is not Hollow.

There hasn't been a credible scientist supporting this idea since Halley. And that was in the 1700s

The earth is not hollow. Not only is there no evidence supporting this, but there is no theory supporting it either. In other words, there is nothing suporting it other than a minority of nonproffesional speculations. Which is meaningless, to say the least, in terms of support.

Think about it. Gravity exists. If the earth was "hollow"... It would "cave in" instantly, making it no longer hollow. The pressure and temperature under which crust rock only a few kms underground is subject to is tremendous and amazing. The conditions are so intense, that rock not too deep underground practicaly acts and moves similar to a fluid. A hollow earth scenario would make the terrestrial crust literaly EXPLODE towards the center to fill the lower pressure area. Saying the earth is hollow is analogous to saying the center of the ocean is empty. Any such void would instantaneously fill up, making its formation impossible in the first place.

Edited by SpeedOfDark

ofc it's false, just look at earth's density; about 5500 kg per cubic meter. This is for the eintire earth. If it were hollof, the entire crust would have to be made from heavy metals (tungsten, Iridium Osmium, gold; the even heavier ones than lead) and then still you would not get that density per volume.

As comparison, the density of water is 1000 kg per cubic meter. Therefore, the earth's center has to be made up by materials much more dense than water to get to the average value of 5500. I dont have to explain that by filling the center with air; or even "Void" you would never get to that.

Just how "hollow" is the earth supposed to be if it were? 100mi diameter? 1000mi? 6000mi? The earth is only 8000mi diameter. If it were hollow, I would hang out (lierally) in the middle where the gravity converges and just float there.

Sorry folks, there is absolutely no way the earth is hollow. Need proof?

G=9.81 m/s/s

hollow u say? hmm.... that is a good question. this is a first for me so brace yourself. i was a non-believer in things even as i was raised by my grandparents until seeing many things unfold as time went on. One was when i was a teenager along with a three cousins,and a brother in law we always take a trail along a dirt road that goes along a mountain among the tree line, we pass this hole in the side of a cliff it didn't go in more than three feet u can see this from the trail evertime we go hunting or go fishing in the higher mountain areas. but one day we decide to give our horses a break coming back down from fishing and kick below this hole cause there was a creek that cuts along the trail for the horses to drink and wild grass for them to eat, as we sat and ate our snacks one cousin said "hey look up there" so we all did and for some reason the hole looked like it had a dark center even with the sun on top of the mountain... this was strange! so we all got up and went up and up to the hole and with my heart pumping more than usual we all stood there looking and looked at each other, we all got this chill running down our backs but the youngest cousin walked towards and just stood there! so we followed him. the hole looked deep going down in a angle and dark so the brother in law and the two cousins went within the damn hole! holding his lighter in hand the brother in law with the two boys going away from our sight for a minute! came running out of the damn hole with frighting looks on their faces all talking at the same time say as they was walking down it the hole they could see a light heading their way and they heard voices not engish not even our native tongue! "small figures two of them!" the brother in law said so we all ran back to the horses and saddled up fast and headed out fast as our horses could carry us home! few days past and i went up with my uncle on truck we stop and went up to the damn hole and like before it didn't go that far in only 3 feet deep! now that change my thoughts about stories my grandparents told that could be related to this subject! hope you all enjoy that litte story of mine. peace! and i had read most of the replys its like those that say they need proof i agree with them, but if look at it as i said to my science teacher show me your proof of your theory is true! i asked him"was you there when the world was created "! no! i think not! everything is theoriez! how much we think we are right about this about that makes me laugh!so we can look at things and make something up and say this is how its created,lol. we are so eager to think they are right all the time,lol. so i got a "f" in class cause i ask for his proof on many subjects,lol. if this gets you all strung up all i have to say is" simmer down and get a grip",lol. laterz gatorz!

if this gets you all strung up all i have to say is" simmer down and get a grip",lol. laterz gatorz

That goes the same for you :tu: I would stop smoking whatever you are...

Proof:

G=9.81 m/s/s

False. Couldn't hold up under all the pressure and changes taking place on the surface.