Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Thylacine sighting on North Coast

UM-Bot

news icon rIt was 3.30am on a mild January morning when North Coast resident Mick Stubbs watched a cat-like creature walk along a roadway near Mullumbimby and then duck under a fence before disappearing into the long grass.

"In the first split second I said 'oh look, there's a fox' and then straight away I realised it was no fox because it had a huge long tail that was thin and even in length.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: abc.net.au

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecreeper

• Harks

• Dowdy

• Rykster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cool, the thylacine is my favorite animal ,my goal in life is to find a live one

Well you have to move to OZ if you ever want to try and find one first

It's a bush.

It's a bush.

that would be one strange bush, or do you mean a member of the bush family

Edited by thecreeper

Well there are always sightings down here, even on the mainland but still sadly no real, evidence that can`t be dismissed. I believe there may be a few still out there but whether we will ever catch one again is debatable!

Edited by AztecInca

I think it is highly likely that they were not extinct as previously believed...I mean look at the Mountain Lion in California...they were on the endangered species list and now they are simply everywhere....give the Tamanian Devil time...it'll come back.

Capture a male and a female then start a Thylacine farm...

I think that you might get a few genetic mutation with only using two genetic lines. Inbreeding has always had it's drawbacks, while you promote good genes you always promote bad ones as well. Only after a long selected breeding program (approx 7 generations), can you get rid of most of the bad genes. It is a good thought though (if we only had two, at least one would be a good start). :P

give the Tamanian Devil time...it'll come back.

you mean the tiger right :hmm: ,the devil one is small angry animal that lives in the same area

people should setup traps to find this animal there is a man that wants to clone them in a university and keep them in a zoo like before when they supossedly went exticnt because there was only two left known in a zoo in ausrtailia look it up

The problem is that even when it was still abundent and introduced to zoos, it never bred in captivity.

Also one has to note that it always was a secretive animal who preffered to avoid human contact as much as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if few exist, and the reason no one sees them today is that their population is limited because of competition with other introduced predators such as cats, dogs, etc., rather than human hunt.

It's a bush.

yup, a small orange thylacine shaped bush...very common around those parts.

yup, a small orange thylacine shaped bush...very common around those parts.

about as common as bigfoot shaped bushes in America

about as common as bigfoot shaped bushes in America

:P You are right in a sence, there are still a few places in the world for many a creatures to hide, for now; as we expand and devoloped for more land for growing populations and require more rescources the world will become a smaller place. There will be no where else to hide, either they will adapt or die. We are land animals so it is only logical that we devolop all the continents of the world, before we venture else where, (the moon, Mars, under sea, (then you might see your mermaid again :tu: )).

[attachmentid=23743]Thylacine Rules!

post-28096-1141442265.jpg