Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Society claims scientific evidence of Bigfoot

UM-Bot

news icon rThe Johor Wildlife Protection Society said it has "scientific evidence" to prove the existence of Bigfoot whose reported sightings recently in the Johor jungles have excited the world's media. Not just one Bigfoot but a whole colony of the giant, hairy creatures which the society named "Orang Lenggor" (Lenggor People) as one was spotted in an area by that name, said the society's secretary Tay Teng Hwa.

"We will make public the evidence soon," he said today.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Bernama

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• aquatus1

• Rykster

• Raptor

I hope this Tay Teng Hwa guy isn't bull****ing everyone. Although from what was said it seems like the society might have some outstanding evidence (maybe video or even picture quality). Considering they are going to do an expedition to the 'colony' in either march or april, we probably wont see any kind of evidence for a while.

It would really be awesome if these cats really have evidence to put this to rest. It wouldn't prove that bigfoot elsewhere exist, but it would definately give the bigfoot hunters here and in other places more credibility.

Credibility...

Okay, I will admit that, should the existance of the 10-12 foot humanoids turn out to be true, I would be willing to give Bigfoot a bit more credibility.

That being said, I still cannot imagine how a viable colony of these giants could live within walking distance of human habitations, and yet never get hit by a car.

finnally, bigfoot shall be proven real! i hope this is true, if they interact with this guy so much, you would think they would be able to catch one. I hope more news comes out soon!

I hope bigfoot is real.... but I'm not going to bet on it... well I might LOL

I hope these people aren't taking us for a ride... I really do, and will be awaiting their release of the evidence. I WANT VIDEO! :D

Let's see the evidence, not the hype.

That's incredible. Hopefully the evidence is presented very soon, like tomorrow :D.

Added that they didn't disclose it's location showing that they do not want "foreigners" entering the jungle, which is good. Shows they aren't in this for the money (which I hope they aren't) but for the protection of it's species. If all this evidence does prove it's existance once and for all.

Edited by Scorpius

I hope bigfoot is real.... but I'm not going to bet on it... well I might LOL

I hope i am real :P betting on me is illegal :P

b.o.t

All i can say is

1) Its about time someone prove bigfoot is real

2) WHY COULNDNT IT BE ME :cry:

3) If this guy is bullsh**ing us i will kill him along with any hoaxer :devil:

4) If this guy isn't bullsh**ing us i will kill him for discovering bigfoot before me :devil:

5) I am so going to a mental instution :P

6) I will finally be able to rub it in my parents and freinds faces when he is proven real

Credibility...

Okay, I will admit that, should the existance of the 10-12 foot humanoids turn out to be true, I would be willing to give Bigfoot a bit more credibility.

That being said, I still cannot imagine how a viable colony of these giants could live within walking distance of human habitations, and yet never get hit by a car.

I kind of agree with you on this. Johor is pretty much a developed state. Lots of roads and settlements. Then again, I do wish that they find something.

on other note

"the creatures, despite their size and rough appearance, were timid and showed no aggression"

right...so are pandas until u see a one rip of a jacket of someone in a few tugs.

"We will make public the evidence soon,"

..... "Once we finish knitting our Bigfoot suits."

Not to totally disprove this, but I will believe it when I see some evidence.

Bring on the evidence.

Sounds like they're taking the bulls*** path. Anybody remember that group of people that said they had cloned babies, but never released any evidence, pictures, or anything related? It ended up being a hoax/scam.

I think this would be a sweet ****ing movie. True or not. Oh and then we find not just one colony but a whole bunch of colonies of bigfoots, and train them to be in the army.

This could be the greatest discovery of modern times, and in a way if it is true, I tend to feel sorry for them now that they have been discovered. :(

Credibility...

First off I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve but...

if anything, bigfoot would probably be a close relative to a now "extinct" form of giant ape, I believe was known as gigantopithicus. So there wouldnt have to be any giant humans.

I tend to agree with your second statement but if you were to encounter a bigfoot, it would most likely be on some backroad, pretty far from any densly populated areas. quite possibly unpaved as well. So you'd probably be going fairly slow. If you hit something as big as a bigfoot, you probably wouldnt kill it. it would at least be able to stagger off into the woods to die. Also, you would think that any kind of relatively intelligent ape would be able to associate bright lights from an oncoming car with something they should stay away from after not too long.

We discover new species pretty much everyday so I dont see why bigfoot couldnt be one of them. plus tack on thousands of eyewitness sightings, plaster casts of feet, plenty of mediocre photos and video, unidentifiable hair samples, and you got yourself a pretty convincing story.

Peace

This could be the greatest discovery of modern times, and in a way if it is true, I tend to feel sorry for them now that they have been discovered. :(

don't worry i will ensure they remain secret which is odd because i am trying to prove they exist UGHHH major brain confustion :wacko:

Local newspapers today report a team of researchers consists of Americans, Malaysians and Singaporeans went into the jungle a few days ago and came out with a few plaster casts of Bigfoot footprint. There are photos of it in the newspaper but I haven't bought one cause I read the online versions :D . I can't find the photos online.

Footprint sixe: 60 cm x 35 cm.

Joshua Gates, 28, of Mandt Bros Productions (`Destination Truth’ TV program - NBC Universal Sci-Fci) who headed the expedition is convinced the Bigfoot will be tracked down.

I don't have much time to translate the whole article now, maybe later, if any of you'd like to read it. Local English newspapers (online version) don't seem to have the article.

Edited by Sharm

YAY!! bigfoot is coming to town :santa:

Eh. Honestly, I couldn't get too excited about it. A giant monkey living in the jungles of a foreign country? Okay, cool. Two weeks from the announcement, the discovery would be old news. A month later, Discovery channel would have some special on them. Within six months, it would be all but forgotten except for the people in this board.

First off I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve but...

if anything, bigfoot would probably be a close relative to a now "extinct" form of giant ape, I believe was known as gigantopithicus. So there wouldnt have to be any giant humans.

Humanoids, not humans :tu:

Just clearing that up. I do not believe that Bigfoot, assuming it exists, is on the human evolutionary line.

We discover new species pretty much everyday so I dont see why bigfoot couldnt be one of them. plus tack on thousands of eyewitness sightings, plaster casts of feet, plenty of mediocre photos and video, unidentifiable hair samples, and you got yourself a pretty convincing story.

The thing is that we discover new species every year in isolated places and in small sizes. Finding a two-foot monkey in the high plateau brnaches of the Amazonian Basin is a far cry from finding an 8 foot humanoid in the middle of Yellowstone Park.